oh my, Coultergeist's pals make tracks for DNC as blowhard nixes Berkeley gig!

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter has canceled her speech planned for this week at the University of California’s Berkeley campus after a dispute with university officials, who feared violent protests, over whether a safe venue could be found.

“There will be no speech,” she wrote in an email to Reuters on Wednesday, saying two conservative groups sponsoring her speech were no longer supporting her. “I looked over my shoulder and my allies had joined the other team,” she wrote.
Good, because someone was going to get hurt. I wish she'd done it willingly, out of common sense and concern for the students, but at least it's cancelled.
On the other hand, bad, because that means free speech has taken a hit on the noggin. Someone needs to do something about Berkeley.
We need to do the same to Obama everywhere he gives a speech. It's only fair. Threaten to beat his ass if he tries to collect $400,000.00 for doing next to nothing.
Mkay?

Have at it. Got your Ninja suit ready

The regressive anti-American Alt Right (think Mac1958 et al) can't accept the fact that their side is as bad as the hard left.

The anti 1st Amendment and pro fascist fucks on both sides are to blame.

The right are not the ones who have been going nuts since the election.
Anything you see them doing have only been in response to the behavior of your side.

Hard to blame her when she fights out the law enforcement people who are supposed to defend our rights arbitrarily decide not to do so in her case. She would have been risking harm, maybe serious injury, and maybe even her own death if she attempted to give that speech. Sad days in America when those who are paid to protect us and our rights decide not to do their jobs for political reasons.
There might have been another pie in her face!!!!

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter has canceled her speech planned for this week at the University of California’s Berkeley campus after a dispute with university officials, who feared violent protests, over whether a safe venue could be found.

“There will be no speech,” she wrote in an email to Reuters on Wednesday, saying two conservative groups sponsoring her speech were no longer supporting her. “I looked over my shoulder and my allies had joined the other team,” she wrote.
Good, because someone was going to get hurt. I wish she'd done it willingly, out of common sense and concern for the students, but at least it's cancelled.
On the other hand, bad, because that means free speech has taken a hit on the noggin. Someone needs to do something about Berkeley.
We need to do the same to Obama everywhere he gives a speech. It's only fair. Threaten to beat his ass if he tries to collect $400,000.00 for doing next to nothing.
Mkay?
Jealousy.

What rights has she lost ?

The right that leftwing zealots enjoy every day...to take a paid speaking gig at a college whose students invited, and paid, her to be there.
That isnt a right. Nobody is obliged to provide her with a platform.
Nobody said they were.
What I said is that if she is given a platform, thugs don't have the right to take it from her via violence or threat of violence.

She was invited and paid to speak.
Thugs threatened her and others and the police said they wouldn't protect her.

Civil rights violation 101.

It isn't just Berkeley is it? And not just college campuses either, the Left has gone stark raving nuts since Hillary lost.
Hard to blame her when she finds out the law enforcement people who are supposed to defend our rights arbitrarily decide not to do so in her case. She would have been risking harm, maybe serious injury, and maybe even her own death if she attempted to give that speech. Sad days in America when those who are paid to protect us and our rights decide not to do their jobs for political reasons.

Might have been something far worse too. I realize you're not being serious, but this nonsense has got to stop. Protest all you want, but we can't have somebody denied their right to speak or forced to defend themselves from an assault for expressing their views. And we sure as hell can't have law enforcement refusing to protect anybody who is lawfully exercising their rights.

The right that leftwing zealots enjoy every day...to take a paid speaking gig at a college whose students invited, and paid, her to be there.
Nobody said they were.
What I said is that if she is given a platform, thugs don't have the right to take it from her via violence or threat of violence.

Its a police issue. Protesters have a right to protest. Its the police job to ensure safety for all.
Over here I have organised several demos and meetings. We worked with the police to ensure it all went off safely.

Mkay?

Axe-handles work better

Nobody said they were.

Its a police issue. Protesters have a right to protest. Its the police job to ensure safety for all.
Over here I have organised several demos and meetings. We worked with the police to ensure it all went off safely.
Good for you, Tommy Taint...

It isn't just Berkeley is it? And not just college campuses either, the Left has gone stark raving nuts since Hillary lost.
Hard to blame her when she finds out the law enforcement people who are supposed to defend our rights arbitrarily decide not to do so in her case. She would have been risking harm, maybe serious injury, and maybe even her own death if she attempted to give that speech. Sad days in America when those who are paid to protect us and our rights decide not to do their jobs for political reasons.

Might have been something far worse too. I realize you're not being serious, but this nonsense has got to stop. Protest all you want, but we can't have somebody denied their right to speak or forced to defend themselves from an assault for expressing their views. And we sure as hell can't have law enforcement refusing to protect anybody who is lawfully exercising their rights.
Well, in progressive societies that what you can expect.

Nobody said they were.

Good for you, Tommy Taint...
I would have been devastated if somebody got hurt at an event I organised. In the UK the police will work with you to ensure that your event goes off safely.
Obviously its different over there.

Mkay?

Axe-handles work better

That's why God made equalizers.

It’s sickening when a radical thuggish institution like Berkeley can so easily defeat the cherished American right to free speech.

It is a dark day for free speech in America.

you don't have the right to stop folks from speaking. you do have the right to not listen.

Yes....the nazis felt the same way when their political opponents decided a beating wasn't worth speaking out against the nazis......

The democrat brown shirts need to be dealt with...this is insane. All Federal funds should be pulled out of Berkeley....if a school refuses to protect speakers, and allows violent democrats to block freedom of speech, they don't need to get federal dollars....

Forum List

Back