Oh well, I suppose the U.S. will always remain to daily gun shooting

I’m not pinning it on CHAZ or lockdowns, dumbass. I’m saying that there was a lot of anger and resentment and anger stoked in everyone during this period.

I am truly baffled that you cannot see that the mood in this country has fundamentally changed in the last ten years or so.

As for your data, I’m not giving you anything you can’t see for yourself in the news.

Businesses and people are shutting down and leaving certain cities because of the increased crime there. This was not an issue before about a year ago and now we’re hearing about it all the time.

Wal-Mart is closing nine stores in Chicago and the city is displeased. Wal-Mart says it’s because these stores are not making money anymore but I’m willing to bet it’s the crime and theft making them unprofitable.

Speaking of Chicago, I’m not sure what their murder rate is now but I remember that their murder rate had an increase of almost 300 murders from 2020 to 2021, I believe.
So you can’t defend your claim that the crimes have increased exponentially in just the last few years. That was just you making up a bullshit claim to try to connect to a bullshit narrative that you WANT to believe.

Gotcha.

If you took that stance as a politician, the NRA and their sheep would attack you as a gun grabber.
Would you want to make it illegal to leave a gun in a vehicle overnight?

Yes I would. I live in a black suburb. We see stories all the time of people doing that. But I suspect that many of them are inside jobs. They have a buddy that wants a gun but something not traceable. He selles his friend his gun and reports it stolen out of his car the next morning. When the gun is used in a crime he's not implicated because it was reported stolen.

The NRA never stood against more stringent laws against criminals, they stood against more stringent laws against law abiding citizens.

You don't think that "something" is festering at the heart of a great many countries.

Actually, I do. Mexico comes readily to mind.
Can you acknowledge that? Yet we're the only ones with weekly blood baths among first world nations. Why do you think that is?
Because there is something festering at the heart of our country. I thought I made that clear.

Have you not even asked why the nature of crime has changed? Why we are now seeing mobs of kids committing smash and grab robberies where we didn’t before? Why mass shootings are increasing in frequency?

The recent case of the transgender person committing the mass shooting should at least tell you that hate and violence is more and more becoming the way Americans deal with conflict.

Link: Little Girl, Parents Shot After Basketball Rolls Into Neighbor’s Yard: Report

How does one think that firearms can be in the hands of so many kooks?
B55A1C28-036C-4434-98B4-519423CBEDE7.jpeg

So you can’t defend your claim that the crimes have increased exponentially in just the last few years. That was just you making up a bullshit claim to try to connect to a bullshit narrative that you WANT to believe.

Gotcha.
Nothing to say about businesses shutting down and leaving these cities?

You keep asking for data but you’re not even acknowledging that the things I’m pointing out are demonstrably true.

Very well, if you want data, I’ll give you data. Although I doubt it will impact your position one iota.

Below is a link to an article from 2022 (I believe) by Richard Berk of University of Pennsylvania detailing what he believes is the reasons for the crime increase.

Is Violent Crime Increasing? | Department of Criminology

A quote:

Taking to raw numbers at face value, recent increases in homicides and violent crime have been attributed to three factors: (1) COVID public health measures such as travel restrictions, school closures, lockdowns, and curfews, (2) COVID sickness and death itself, and (3) less aggressive police practices in response on Black Lives Matter and other organized criticisms of police use of force.”

As you can see, the author attributes the crime increase to pretty much the same things I did. Yet you and others here have been saying I’m full of shit.

Another one:

Year-End 2021 Update

This one is from 2021 and cites increases in various crimes since 2020.

Now, if I’m incorrect about crime spiking in 2022 to 2023, do you at least acknowledge there was a spike in 2020 to 2021?

Is Violent Crime Increasing? | Department of Criminology

A quote:

Taking to raw numbers at face value, recent increases in homicides and violent crime have been attributed to three factors: (1) COVID public health measures such as travel restrictions, school closures, lockdowns, and curfews, (2) COVID sickness and death itself, and (3) less aggressive police practices in response on Black Lives Matter and other organized criticisms of police use of force.”
I was just asking for data to support your claim, not someone’s opinion. But sure, let’s dive into this.

“The increases in violent crime in general and homicide in particular began in 2014, well before the events associated with two of the three explanations.”

So you linked me to someone who says these kinds of crimes didn’t start growing exponentially in the last few years. Good to know.

“One is left with several conclusions. First, the recent violent crime increases, even if they are not just noise, are dwarfed by the amount of violent crime in the 1990s. We have not returned to the bad old days. Second, the speculative explanations commonly proposed must fit the timing of the recent violent crime increases. Conjectures revolving around the COVID-19 pandemic and pent-up frustrations, at least as usually formulated, do not seem to get it right. Third, explanations based on more passive police practices, real and imagined, coupled with the perceptions of reduced risk among individuals already predisposed toward violence, may have some merit, but the existing data range from weak to nonexistent. It is very difficult to bring facts to bear.“

So the timing of the increase in crime doesn’t fit with the mask mandates you were trying to pin this on. Good to know.

I was just asking for data to support your claim, not someone’s opinion. But sure, let’s dive into this.

“The increases in violent crime in general and homicide in particular began in 2014, well before the events associated with two of the three explanations.”

So you linked me to someone who says these kinds of crimes didn’t start growing exponentially in the last few years. Good to know.

“One is left with several conclusions. First, the recent violent crime increases, even if they are not just noise, are dwarfed by the amount of violent crime in the 1990s. We have not returned to the bad old days. Second, the speculative explanations commonly proposed must fit the timing of the recent violent crime increases. Conjectures revolving around the COVID-19 pandemic and pent-up frustrations, at least as usually formulated, do not seem to get it right. Third, explanations based on more passive police practices, real and imagined, coupled with the perceptions of reduced risk among individuals already predisposed toward violence, may have some merit, but the existing data range from weak to nonexistent. It is very difficult to bring facts to bear.“

So the timing of the increase in crime doesn’t fit with the mask mandates you were trying to pin this on. Good to know.
I never suggested the increase was worse than in the 90s or any other era, I only said there was an increase.

You still haven’t acknowledged the businesses shutting down and/or leaving because of the crime increase.

There’s also the increase in frequency of mass shootings. Not even you can dispute this.

I never suggested the increase was worse than in the 90s or any other era, I only said there was an increase.

You still haven’t acknowledged the businesses shutting down and/or leaving because of the crime increase.

There’s also the increase in frequency of mass shootings. Not even you can dispute this.
You said that the increase started in the last few years. The link you provided says it started in 2014.

You blamed this on covid. Your own link says that this does not seem to get it right.

So I guess we’re now at the point where you’re going to ignore that your own link doesn’t support what you said. M’kay.

Purely conjecture without any data to back it up. That means your post is nothing more than your ignorant personal opinion with the appearance of intellectualism, but actually without merit. Are you a college professor? You sure talk like one.

Purely conjecture without any data to back it up. That means your post is nothing more than your ignorant personal opinion with the appearance of intellectualism, but actually without merit. Are you a college professor? You sure talk like one.
I was just going off of what his link says.

You said that the increase started in the last few years. The link you provided says it started in 2014.

No, that’s not the jump I’m referring to.

There was a crime spike either during or soon after the pandemic. Everybody saw this and the media reported on it.
You blamed this on covid. Your own link says that this does not seem to get it right.

No, dumbass, I did NOT blame it on covid. What I said was that the country went through a lot of turbulence and upheaval due to covid, riots and the pandemic and that tensions were high.

I believe this was a factor in the spike in crime. I also think it is a factor in the rise in mass shootings, people acting out on airline flights, incidents of road rage and general bad behavior.
So I guess we’re now at the point where you’re going to ignore that your own link doesn’t support what you said. M’kay.
Also that you’re going to continue to ignore the fact that businesses are shutting down and leaving because of the increased crime in their areas.
This is happening in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Chicago to name just a few.

So I guess that makes us even.

Actually, I do. Mexico comes readily to mind.
Mexico is a corrupt kleptocracy; not a first world nation.
Because there is something festering at the heart of our country. I thought I made that clear.

Have you not even asked why the nature of crime has changed? Why we are now seeing mobs of kids committing smash and grab robberies where we didn’t before? Why mass shootings are increasing in frequency?

The recent case of the transgender person committing the mass shooting should at least tell you that hate and violence is more and more becoming the way Americans deal with conflict.
The nature of the crime has changed? We've had senseless shootings for 50 years at least. The UT shootings, The McDonalds in San Isidro (sp?), Columbine....

As guns have proliferated, gun culture has proliferated, as hate groups of all types have proliferated...surprise surprise...the number of shootings has proliferated. In the US. Somehow nowhere else.

But lets continue to blame the nebulous "festering" beneath the surface.... Anything except the 2nd Amendment which is the only major difference between hate groups here and hate groups there.

Mexico is a corrupt kleptocracy; not a first world nation.

The nature of the crime has changed? We've had senseless shootings for 50 years at least. The UT shootings, The McDonalds in San Isidro (sp?), Columbine....

As guns have proliferated, gun culture has proliferated, as hate groups of all types have proliferated...surprise surprise...the number of shootings has proliferated. In the US. Somehow nowhere else.

But lets continue to blame the nebulous "festering" beneath the surface.... Anything except the 2nd Amendment which is the only major difference between hate groups here and hate groups there.
It's not the guns it's the people.

It's not my fault the US is breeding malcontent mentally ill people.

It's not the guns it's the people.

It's not my fault the US is breeding malcontent mentally ill people.
LOL..

Wow... English, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Sweedish, Finnish, Polish, Italian, Welsh, Japanese, Chinese, Australian, Canadian, Portuguese, Icelandic, Irish, Israeli, Turkish, Greek, Swiss, Belgian, German, Austrian, Hungarian, Latvian, and Singaporean (etc...) "breeders" are doing a much better job since they have almost no mentally ill people apparently. Otherwise, they'd have the weekly blood baths you guys see no problem with.

LOL..

Wow... English, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Sweedish, Finnish, Polish, Italian, Welsh, Japanese, Chinese, Australian, Canadian, Portuguese, Icelandic, Irish, Israeli, Turkish, Greek, Swiss, Belgian, German, Austrian, Hungarian, Latvian, and Singaporean (etc...) "breeders" are doing a much better job since they have almost no mentally ill people apparently. Otherwise, they'd have the weekly blood baths you guys see no problem with.

No they have mentally ill people too they just actually provide medical services for them and we in the US do not .

Our prisons have become our dumping ground for the mentally ill.

Like I said it's not the guns it's the people.

No they have mentally ill people too they just actually provide medical services for them and we in the US do not .
Oooh...socialized medicine!

So all of the mass murderers that we "breed" are without resources, from poverty, with no prospects, no access to healthcare, etc... Right? Somehow the facts don't align with your latest excuse for why we have so many weekly bloodbaths. PS: How do they afford the guns and the ammo if they can't afford health insurance?
Our prisons have become our dumping ground for the mentally ill.
That much is true. So we should spend more on prisoner healthcare. Yeah...who is leading the charge in the House for that.

Like I said it's not the guns it's the people.
I guess Americans are just more homicidal than every other first world nation... None of your lame excuses are holding water.

Forum List

Back