Ohio woman sues says she was fired for voting for Obama

You have no idea what you're talking about.

In most of the United States, employees are generally considered “at will” employees. At-will means that you or your employer can terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all.

Oh and we are a Constituional Republic, not a Democracy.

You need to freshen up on "at will" employment and the many statuary exceptions to firing "at will" employees that can lead to an employer eating a lawsuit.

If she can prove she was descriminated against then she has a case, if not, she doesn't.

Her word and hearsay are not proof.

Thank you for admitting you were full of shit.

skull may be a great employer.

what he needs to comprehend is there are real rat bastages out there.

They will play with people JUST for the fun of it and the power rush.

There has to be laws to protect workers from abuse and anyone who disagrees is either living in a fantasy land or wants to have the abilty to abuse their workers

bastages
- no dictionary results
No results found for bastages:

???

There are.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVCgTFw2Qk]Moroneys best bits (Johnny Dangerously) - YouTube[/ame]

skull may be a great employer.

what he needs to comprehend is there are real rat bastages out there.

They will play with people JUST for the fun of it and the power rush.

There has to be laws to protect workers from abuse and anyone who disagrees is either living in a fantasy land or wants to have the abilty to abuse their workers

bastages
- no dictionary results
No results found for bastages:

???

There are.

Fargin' Icehole.

You need to freshen up on "at will" employment and the many statuary exceptions to firing "at will" employees that can lead to an employer eating a lawsuit.

If she can prove she was descriminated against then she has a case, if not, she doesn't.

I made no such admission.

But thank you for showing the world what an idiot you are.

Job applicants and new employees are often perplexed to read--in a job application, employment contract, or employee handbook--that they will be employed [B]"at will." [/B]They are even more troubled when they find out exactly what this language means: An at-will employee can be fired at any time, for any reason (except for a few illegal reasons, spelled out below). If the employer decides to let you go, that's the end of your job--and you have very limited legal rights to fight your termination.

But you don't own my business.

and you dont OWN the infrastructure this country provided with which your business could NOT opperate.

You think you are so special that no one else would fill the gap left by your leaving the country?

Dude your NOT that special

A few post back you said "we all own this country".

So if "we" doesn't include Skull, then who else does it exclude and why?

he gets to vote.

he is just in the group that wont win elections anymore

and you dont OWN the infrastructure this country provided with which your business could NOT opperate.

You think you are so special that no one else would fill the gap left by your leaving the country?

he gets to vote.

Ok, so now answer my question.

Job applicants and new employees are often perplexed to read--in a job application, employment contract, or employee handbook--that they will be employed [B]"at will." [/B]They are even more troubled when they find out exactly what this language means: An at-will employee can be fired at any time, for any reason (except for a few illegal reasons, spelled out below). If the employer decides to let you go, that's the end of your job--and you have very limited legal rights to fight your termination.

You were wrong but I'm the idiot.

Uh huh.

heres your problem you brain cell wanting masters.

We are a democracy.

In a democracy everyone gets to vote.

How many laborers are there compared to CEOs?

now you know why you lose elections huh

You don't get to vote on who I hire or fire.

we all own this country.

your outnumbered.

dont like it?

find yourself a nice compliant thrid world country to move your business to.

Then rest assured you business opening will be quickly filled by ANOTHER American who actually likes his country

That's why we haven't kicked you out and sent you to Cuba yet. BUT the federal government doesn't own private businesses. Business owners still get to decide who they employ.

As someone else said... this is simply poetic justice.
There are consequences to a vote, and this lady is just reaping what she has sowed.

A business owner should have the right to fire anyone he wants at any time for any reason.

An employee does not have a right to a job provided by someone else.

No, but once they've given them a job, they have to treat them decently.

Period.

Or do you think that if someone refused to give her boss a "Lewinsky", she should be fired with no recourse to law?

Whats a "Lewinsky" ?:smoke:

[

An employer does not have the right to ask an employee for a blow job.

Sexual harassment was not legal last time I checked.

If I want to let someone go I should be able to any time I want and honestly I shouldn't need any reason.

Again- THAT's NOT WHAT YOU SAID.

You said.

A business owner should have the right to fire anyone he wants at any time for any reason.

Okay. The time he asked her for a blow job was any time, and if he fired her for it, it was one of ANY reasons.

Now, if you want to walk it back a bit, that's fine, just man up and admit that you are walking it back, and there should be cases where an employer SHOULD be held accountable for firing an employee for reasons that are wrong.

Should a business owner be able to fire Mormons?

You were wrong but I'm the idiot.

Uh huh.

I was right and just proved it so yes you are an idiot.

You a few mins ago:

In most of the United States, employees are generally considered “at will” employees. At-will means that you or your employer can terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all.

Me:

You:

Note the bolded "except for a few illegal reasons, spelled out below".

So, no, you weren't right and you supplied the evidence that proves you wrong.

Well done, Chief.

:thup:

he gets to vote.

I don't belong to any political party. Unlike you I like to think for myself.

Sounds like you are the one with the problem, then.

I'm sure anyone you ever fired was grateful for it, you sound like you are a real douchebag to work for.

BUt that doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with your douchebaggery. Strong labor laws and strong unions. If you don't like it, no one is making you stay in business, and there are decent human beings ready to replace you.

I have only fired one person in the past 6 years.
Over 80% of my original staff is still with me. So yeah I must treat people like shit.

You must...

Or you've just found a bunch of people willing to put up with your shit.

Wow you know I forgot how fucking stupid you are.

Let me explain something to you. Now I know this is going to be hard for you to comprehend but if you go slowly, follow along with your finger and move your lips as you read you might just understand.

Just because I say a person should be able to do something does not mean I would do that very thing.

Unlike you I am not a control freak. I can say people should be able to smoke, drink, eat and do drugs to excess if that's what they want to do and they accept the consequences. Does that mean that I would smoke, eat, drink and do drugs to excess?

Of course not, you stupid fuck.

see how the right feels about workers rights

Elections have consequences. Obama's policies are bad for business. Just look how many businesses and even universities are cutting back employee hours so that they do not have to provide the employee health insurance? Less wages and no health insurance.

Don't mistake an at-will employer-employee relationship with a violation of workers rights. Unless you can site where the woman was paid below wage, her working conditions were not safe or sufficient, she was harrassed, or she was required to work long uncompensated hours, your "workers rights" card does not apply.

You a few mins ago:

Me:

You:

Note the bolded "except for a few illegal reasons, spelled out below".

So, no, you weren't right and you supplied the evidence that proves you wrong.

Well done, Chief.

:thup:

Forgive me of not remembering that I'm dealing with a bunch of idiots and that I need to be specific in every little detail.

You people won't wipe you own ass until someone tells you too.

Forum List

Back