Oil Is Dropping

China.........full blown Covid ..........OMICRON ..................lockdown............Stay at home for vast number of Chinese.

There you go.

OH...........OMICRON

So you really think after covid we would be seeing these prices under Trump? What makes you think that? Gas was going down while Trumps economy was going up. Why would that have changed over the last year?

COVID is what happened. In 2020 the US cut its oil production by 20% and both OPEC and Russia cut theirs.

At this point supply cannot keep up with demand, even without removing Russia's oil from the equation.

Here in the US oil production is up 16% since Feb 2021. At the current rate it is growing it will surpass the highest before COVID around Nov or Dec of this year

It is much easier to stop production than to ramp it back up. But we are getting there and the US oil companies have said they would increase it even faster, but not sure how much faster than can given the limitations of labor availability

Let's see. I bought a new Honda Civic for my daughter for about $17,000. But let's go with $25,000.

So that's $25,000 less than the smallest Tesla.

A Civic gets about 30 miles per gallon, and that's being conservative.

If gas costs $4.00 a gallon, then a Tesla owner would have to drive 187,500 miles to break even. Oh, wait. They have to replace their battery for $20,000 along the way. So that's another 150,000 miles to break even. Oh, wait. That would require another battery change at $20K.

It seems that idiot Tesla owner will never catch up!

COVID is what happened. In 2020 the US cut its oil production by 20% and both OPEC and Russia cut theirs.

At this point supply cannot keep up with demand, even without removing Russia's oil from the equation.

Here in the US oil production is up 16% since Feb 2021. At the current rate it is growing it will surpass the highest before COVID around Nov or Dec of this year

It is much easier to stop production than to ramp it back up. But we are getting there and the US oil companies have said they would increase it even faster, but not sure how much faster than can given the limitations of labor availability
...and the limitations on transportation...

(you can try to ignore it all you want)

Commie shutdowns made the supply way too high. You don't understand basic economics.
Oh, I know exactly how supply and demand works. And I know that commodities traders are soulless animals who would sell their mothers if it earned them a buck.

Speculators don't give a shit who is president. The simply look at how much oil is on the market and make their calculations from there.

So Trump's shutdown was a commie shutdown? Interesting.

The entire planet shut down. I even posted a topic with screen captures from around the world Earthcams on here during that period.

So the entire planet is communist. Fascinating!

Let's see. I bought a new Honda Civic for my daughter for about $17,000. But let's go with $25,000.

So that's $25,000 less than the smallest Tesla.

A Civic gets about 30 miles per gallon, and that's being conservative.

If gas costs $4.00 a gallon, then a Tesla owner would have to drive 187,500 miles to break even. Oh, wait. They have to replace their battery for $20,000 along the way. So that's another 150,000 miles to break even. Oh, wait. That would require another battery change at $20K.

It seems that idiot Tesla owner will never catch up!
VW Diesel Rabbit in the 80s got 45 to 50 mpg.

No computer.........No BS..............Was efficient as hell and gets better gas mileage than the new FANCY COMPUTER CHIP CARS of today.

But hey.............an engine needs a sensor to tell the computer I'M STARTING.

:omg:

Oh, I know exactly how supply and demand works. And I know that commodities traders are soulless animals who would sell their mothers if it earned them a buck.

Speculators don't give a shit who is president. The simply look at how much oil is on the market and make their calculations from there.

The entire planet shut down. I even posted a topic with screen captures from around the world Earthcams on here during that period.

Trump didn't shut anything down.

Speculators are the market. You should know this.

There has been far more oil production in the US in Biden's first year than during Trump's first year.

Saudi Arabia is exporting less oil right now than they were during the pandemic.

The problem is not here. Or Biden.

There has been far more oil production in the US in Biden's first year than during Trump's first year.

Saudi Arabia is exporting less oil right now than they were during the pandemic.

The problem is not here. Or Biden.
Yeah...........they only have to sue his ass to drill............HE'S THE MAN..........LOL

So much miss information

Forum List

Back