OK! What if . . . . . . ?

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
Mentions removed by Moderation. Makes sure it's not a "call-out" thread. OPs in this forum should not involve particular members. The rest is just fine.. ---- FlaCalTenn

Tell me honestly. If Israel were to totally leave the West Bank, evict and demolish their 'settlements' (but what about Hevron?), split Jerusalem (the old city) giving 'Palestine' the muslum and (eek) Christian quarters, retain the Jewish and Armernian ones and the Wall, the new city along the 'seam line', stop the border checkpoints all over Israel controlled borders of the Gaza strip and let 'Palestine' declare their independence; would their finally be peace?

Last edited by a moderator:
Billo_Really , Challenger , fanger , etc.

Tell me honestly. If Israel were to totally leave the West Bank, evict and demolish their 'settlements' (but what about Hevron?), split Jerusalem (the old city) giving 'Palestine' the muslum and (eek) Christian quarters, retain the Jewish and Armernian ones and the Wall, the new city along the 'seam line', stop the border checkpoints all over Israel controlled borders of the Gaza strip and let 'Palestine' declare their independence; would their finally be peace?

They would consider the jews were weak and attack.

I think that peace is a better possibility.

Some of the larger and oldest settlements would have to stay. There would need to be negotiated land swaps.
Likewise - no right of return, Palestine itself would have to absorb the refugees from the camps.
Jeruselum - just don't know what is best there...joint control....??
Once they have a state, they have something to keep (or lose) - and if they are bad actors, they'll be treated like other rogue states.

Jews would be pushed into Mediterranean.
They would pay to go to New York.
The Muslims would still be mass murdering each other.
The Jews would take over America and finally blow the shit out of the Middle East.
Then they would move to Israel leaving America with a massive brain drain and bankrupt hospitals and museums.

Very Interesting Post Teddy.........No need to demolish buildings already built(which would of course be provocation and a total waste of money) then I think YES there would be peace,Teddy..steve but initially the border would be Under UN Control for the first 5 years........to prevent skirmishes on both sides...by then enough trust will have been garnered from both sides,moreover make the area a Economic Free Zone......so both sides can prosper

Last edited:
The Jews would take over America and finally blow the shit out of the Middle East.
Then they would move to Israel leaving America with a massive brain drain and bankrupt hospitals and museums.
WHY......such negativity,anyhow this would not happen

WHY.....Israel would not be weaker in anyway......but it would bring the positive situation that Pals/Israelis can look forward to a long and lasting Peace for both peoples..Surely this is what we all want ??????steve

You are delusional. Jews will take over America? You seriously underestimate Christian America.

Without a larger view of the security for both Israel/Palestine --- I don't think drawing lines is the FIRST step.

Surrounding Israel with a weak and radicalized nation state -- EVEN IF there was success in the initial setup of a 2 state solution -- would invite all kinds of intrusions by any of 25 jihadist movements including Hesbollah, ISIS, Al Queda and the rest. A division like you are proposing would have to include regional players like Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt to set an Israel/Palestine defense zone and a capability to assure that a newly created Palestine did not soon soon fall into radical hands. Requires that a strong and reliable government is capable of being appointed and governing BEFORE you draw those lines..

Otherwise, the autonomy experiment with Gaza would likely turn into a larger regional threat for ALL the neighbors. Why do you think that Jordan and Egypt are so reluctant to vouch for and cosign a new Palestine state?

Without a larger view of the security for both Israel/Palestine --- I don't think drawing lines is the FIRST step.

Surrounding Israel with a weak and radicalized nation state -- EVEN IF there was success in the initial setup of a 2 state solution -- would invite all kinds of intrusions by any of 25 jihadist movements including Hesbollah, ISIS, Al Queda and the rest. A division like you are proposing would have to include regional players like Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt to set an Israel/Palestine defense zone and a capability to assure that a newly created Palestine did not soon soon fall into radical hands. Requires that a strong and reliable government is capable of being appointed and governing BEFORE you draw those lines..

Otherwise, the autonomy experiment with Gaza would likely turn into a larger regional threat for ALL the neighbors. Why do you think that Jordan and Egypt are so reluctant to vouch for and cosign a new Palestine state?
Teddy......Only Israel and Palestine can resolve this schism........you fall into the trap of worrying about other Arabic nations and ISIS and their ilk........all other people apart from Israel and Palestine......Like the Status Quo.......none of them give a stuff about Israel or the Palestinians......once there is Peace between these to nations all the Sabre Rattling with all the rest would cease because there would be nothing to rattle about and the Sting would be removed from the Middle East...the Schism would be closed........I say Fuck the rest...let Israel and Palestine get on with it........Together and Just each other.steve

You are delusional. Jews will take over America? You seriously underestimate Christian America.

Fine, now let's have that Tactical of how the Big Bad Jews transported the Arabs out of "Palestine".

WHY.....Israel would not be weaker in anyway......but it would bring the positive situation that Pals/Israelis can look forward to a long and lasting Peace for both peoples..Surely this is what we all want ??????steve

Sure, the Muslims are murdering each over all over and they're gonna make nice with the Jews.
Sure.

Teddy......Only Israel and Palestine can resolve this schism........you fall into the trap of worrying about other Arabic nations and ISIS and their ilk........all other people apart from Israel and Palestine......Like the Status Quo.......none of them give a stuff about Israel or the Palestinians......once there is Peace between these to nations all the Sabre Rattling with all the rest would cease because there would be nothing to rattle about and the Sting would be removed from the Middle East...the Schism would be closed........I say Fuck the rest...let Israel and Palestine get on with it........Together and Just each other.steve

I would SERIOUSLY like to see that also Steve.. But the reality is the instabilities in the region make even STABLE and mature govts like Jordan VERY nervous. Under these conditions -- a brand new Palestine without a means of self-defense or a totally united govt with a vision for development an peace is an afternoon snack for ISIS..

Last edited:

Sure, the Muslims are murdering each over all over and they're gonna make nice with the Jews.
Sure.
You cannot negotiate,fair enough but some of us can

Some of the larger and oldest settlements would have to stay. There would need to be negotiated land swaps.
Likewise - no right of return, Palestine itself would have to absorb the refugees from the camps.
Once they have a state, they have something to keep (or lose) - and if they are bad actors, they'll be treated like other rogue states.

What have the Palestinians offered to " negotiate land swaps?" They are also insisting on " Right of Return" Just more proof that they are the ones who do not want a " Two State Solution" therefore no peace

Ending the occupation would only benefit about 1/3 of all Palestinians. What about the other 2/3?

Ending the occupation would only benefit about 1/3 of all Palestinians. What about the other 2/3?

I thought that Abbas was insisting the present problem is the " occupation" Just more proof they are not interested in a " Two State" solution and have no interest in peace

I would SERIOUSLY like to see that also Steve.. But the reality is the instabilities in the region make even STABLE and mature govts like Jordan VERY nervous. Under these conditions -- a brand new Palestine without a means of self-defense or a totally united govt with a vision for development an peace is an afternoon snack for ISIS..
You give ISIS too much credence................They bleed like the rest of us Flac,steve

Short memory I see as in 2005 the Israelis did just that in gaza, and the peace hoped for did not happen. In fact the Palestinians increased the severity and numbers of attacks on Israel as they saw the Jews as being weak. So why would they change now when they state every week that they want to wipe out the Jews and destroy Israel

They have a state already just that they don't want to run it, but want all the benefits.

Forum List

Back