Okay Progressives, What does raising taxes on the Rich and Corporations do for you?

Abolish your right wing, general warfare spending on our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror if you don't want to be taxed for them.
Oh by the way dannyboy....Some facts that you seem to be missing..

The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion - NCPA
ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?article_id=25288

Up to 2019 there was 23 trillion dollars of debt until Joe Biden working with China released the Kung Flu upon US. But notice how that war on poverty never got rid of poverty and such waste because when you pay people not to work, they wont. Take that 1 trillion away and soon everyone is working....
Only because right wingers have nothing but bigotry not faithfulness to our Constitution. We could have literally solved simple poverty in a more automatically stabilizing method than we do now, yesterday; but for right wing bigotry and nothing but Repeal of public policies that actually benefit the Poor.
The "right wing" did not create all the welfare programs that have cost trillions and done nothing to eliminate poverty. IOW, you're complaining about the left wing's approach to the problem. Did you realize that, or were you on the bong at the time and oblivious?
Programs for the poor are stupid like the libbers who create them.
My problem is not with helping those who cannot provide for themselves, such as the sick or handicapped, and not with providing temporary help until someone can get back on their feet, like with with Unemployment Insurance. My problem lies with those who CAN work and who have access to jobs but choose NOT to work, yet expect society to pay them for it.
Employment is at the will of either even in Right to Work States.

Employers simply choose to be lazy and not hire labor for a better wage. There is no unemployment under Capitalism only underpayment on a for-profit basis.
Employers only hire the number of employees they need.

It's beyond stupid to have more employees than you need to meet the needs of the company and its customers.

If you want to be paid more then make yourself worth more to your employer.

Even if your employer won't give you a raise you'll be able to sell your labor to someone else.

Dont give me shit about the debt or some other shit, the question for you Progs is, "What does raising taxes on the Wealthy and Corporations DO FOR YOU?"

Please enlighten US about how during the 8 years of the brown turd Obammy who raised taxes on the rich and corporations, how much better off you were?

It keeps them sitting at home with their new I-phones, gameplay boxes, and big screens without having to work.

Proof Capitalism cannot be trusted when it really really matters.
Proof no liberal EVER believed in self responsibility
All right wing Talk is nothing but Hoax.
Waah waah waah uberdoof.
I just showed the prog facts, and mathematics both are enemies of the left. There are planning to raise minimum wage here in Floor E. Da, from 7.00 to 15.00 by 2025. I was planning to submit for a franchise of Chic-Fil-A, but now with the idiots thinking that some stupid kid out of highschool should be paid as much as me, working on a F-15 Eagle avionics, is just plain moronic, so no, i wont be opening my own business, and those kids can just find employment someplace else , if they are lucky.

Minimum wage was originally designed for college kids or retired folks who wanted extra income, but since progs have made it a lot harder for people to be educated enough for good paying jobs, there has been a gluttony of college educated kids who know nothing, ending up as minimum wage pukes.

Nobody takes right wingers seriously about economics outside of right wing fantasy. Isn't right wing fantasy wonderful.

It is about a "cost of living" adjustment for modern capital times. Wages should outpace inflation and Labor needs to be able to afford our first world economy.

Do you know how inflation works?

At $2.10 an hour minimum wage, the national debt was under 1 trillion dollars, but when they started raising minimum wages, there were more dollars printed thus raising the debt. I bought gold in 1976 for 400 dollars and ounce, by 1999 under Bill Clinton that same ounce of gold was 900 dollars an ounce, not because the gold became worth more, but the dollar was a lot less. By 2016 that ounce of gold reached as high as 2000 dollars an ounce....

Raise minimum wage to 15 dollars, and an ounce of gold willl be 4000 dollars an ounce...

Abolish your right wing, general warfare spending on our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror if you don't want to be taxed for them.

The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.

Up to 2019 there was 23 trillion dollars of debt until Joe Biden working with China released the Kung Flu upon US. But notice how that war on poverty never got rid of poverty and such waste because when you pay people not to work, they wont. Take that 1 trillion away and soon everyone is working....
Only because right wingers have nothing but bigotry not faithfulness to our Constitution. We could have literally solved simple poverty in a more automatically stabilizing method than we do now, yesterday; but for right wing bigotry and nothing but Repeal of public policies that actually benefit the Poor.
The "right wing" did not create all the welfare programs that have cost trillions and done nothing to eliminate poverty. IOW, you're complaining about the left wing's approach to the problem. Did you realize that, or were you on the bong at the time and oblivious?
The right wing is wasting money on alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror. There is no general warfare clause in our federal Constitution. We do have an express general welfare clause that right wingers love to complain about.
three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history.

Our War on Poverty helps AMERICAN Citizens
True we have the richest "poor" people in the world.

I take care of my family and 3 children, why should i have to pay for others welfare when they dont pay for mine?

Because civilized societies take care of their less fortunate. Only heartless pricks care only about themselves.
Right....here is a job now show up and work for a living. Now you aren't less fortunate.

What jobs do you have for 30 million people on Government assistance.
Even those who do work do not earn sufficient wages to sustain themselves

I see you deflected from my question, didnt answer it. Again let me try once again "What does raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations, DO FOR YOU?" It isnt really that hard of a question unless your IQ is 30 or below....
Begging the question for something that is irrelevant? It is about public policy not private policy.
Again, what does taxing the wealthy and corporations DO FOR YOU? You voted for the old white rich guy, who cant remember shit, who will raise taxes on the wealthy and corporations,(which they will pass that tax onto you), but why cant you answer? Is it too much for your grey matter to handle? Have you ever thought of that?
I am for raising the minimum wage as a more market friendly manner for raising tax revenue.
Okay give us a baseline minimum wage that will be more market friendly

Now when i was younger working for minimum wage at $2.10 an hour a burger, fry and small drink at McD's was 95 cents

Today McD's sells a burger, fry and small drink for $3.50 while minimum wage is around 7 dollars. 2.10/7.00 is around 3 times differnce. .95/3.50 is over 3 times difference, so the minimum wage hike didnt help those minimum wage people. Think about that.....
I believe it should be factored on Valuation of production in a manner analogous to CEO compensation that is based on the valuation of the Firm.
So while someone who never got a masters degree, should be paid the same as someone who just got out of highschool?

Does this apply to professional athletes who get paid 10s of millions of dollars for only playing 1 hour game a week?
It is your special pleading and right wing fantasy, why don't you You tell me?

Solving simple poverty and let markets function like customary and usual is what I am referring to.

The right wing is wasting money on alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror. There is no general warfare clause in our federal Constitution. We do have an express general welfare clause that right wingers love to complain about.
three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history.

Our War on Poverty helps AMERICAN Citizens
True we have the richest "poor" people in the world.

We are the wealthiest nation on earth and you brag about not being Third World?

My problem is not with helping those who cannot provide for themselves, such as the sick or handicapped, and not with providing temporary help until someone can get back on their feet, like with with Unemployment Insurance. My problem lies with those who CAN work and who have access to jobs but choose NOT to work, yet expect society to pay them for it.
I beg to differ, the candidate in the picture below was prime to be a welfare recipient but didnt. Only lazy progs think victims need to be taken care of.

View attachment 415151
Nobody outside of right wing fantasy takes right wingers seriously about economics.

Capitalism would still have a natural rate of unemployment even if all persons were required to obtain a doctorate to participate in the market for labor.
That is why there are jobs that do not require some piece of worthless paper from a college to make money. Trades such as plumbers and electricians, HVac Mech, auto industries can make up to 75,000 to 100,000 a year, but the difference is that you have to work and sometimes get dirty. Kids today just want to get free stuff, like their mommies and daddies gave them while they grew up. Are you one of those kids?

I take care of my family and 3 children, why should i have to pay for others welfare when they dont pay for mine?

Because civilized societies take care of their less fortunate. Only heartless pricks care only about themselves.
Right....here is a job now show up and work for a living. Now you aren't less fortunate.

What jobs do you have for 30 million people on Government assistance.
Even those who do work do not earn sufficient wages to sustain themselves
Jobs can get them off government assistance there are plenty of unfilled jobs now and if you support the businesses, even more. And baloney on the other...if you aren't making enough ask for a raise or leave and go to another job. What country do you libbers live in anyway??

Dont give me shit about the debt or some other shit, the question for you Progs is, "What does raising taxes on the Wealthy and Corporations DO FOR YOU?"

Please enlighten US about how during the 8 years of the brown turd Obammy who raised taxes on the rich and corporations, how much better off you were?

'Don't give me shit about the debt"..there you have it folks..what republicans really feel about deficits. They only care about them when a democrat is in the White House. Wait about a year and watch them start howling about how Biden is presiding over a two trillion dollar deficit..the one they didn't give a damn about the last two years.
You were fine with Obammy's deficit he racked up alone in his first term why so whiny now?
And right on cue...what did I tell you. Let's talk about deficits when Obama was in and ignore the big ones when Trump was in..got it.

The sick and handicapped are protected....and the problem with libber programs is they always become permanent not temporary.
lol. Right wing Hoaxsters are so droll.

Providing for the general welfare is not a temporary concept.

Providing for the general warfare or common offense should be re-considered every two years.

The less power the rich have the more freedom everyone else has. It really is that zero sum.

Untitled drawing (24).png

'Don't give me shit about the debt"..there you have it folks..what republicans really feel about deficits. They only care about them when a democrat is in the White House. Wait about a year and watch them start howling about how Biden is presiding over a two trillion dollar deficit..the one they didn't give a damn about the last two years.
You were fine with Obammy's deficit he racked up alone in his first term why so whiny now?
And right on cue...what did I tell you. Let's talk about deficits when Obama was in and ignore the big ones when Trump was in..got it.
Not at all but you never whined about his only Trumps. Fair is fair.

you do know that Democrat administrations participated in and funded the failed war on drugs too don't you?
War time tax rates or they should be abolished as the expensive right wing Hoaxsterism they are!

The sick and handicapped are protected....and the problem with libber programs is they always become permanent not temporary.
lol. Right wing Hoaxsters are so droll.

Providing for the general welfare is not a temporary concept.

Providing for the general warfare or common offense should be re-considered every two years.
And general welfare is not supposed to be a living moron...like it is now.

I see you deflected from my question, didnt answer it. Again let me try once again "What does raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations, DO FOR YOU?" It isnt really that hard of a question unless your IQ is 30 or below....
Begging the question for something that is irrelevant? It is about public policy not private policy.
Again, what does taxing the wealthy and corporations DO FOR YOU? You voted for the old white rich guy, who cant remember shit, who will raise taxes on the wealthy and corporations,(which they will pass that tax onto you), but why cant you answer? Is it too much for your grey matter to handle? Have you ever thought of that?
I am for raising the minimum wage as a more market friendly manner for raising tax revenue.

Now when i was younger working for minimum wage at $2.10 an hour a burger, fry and small drink at McD's was 95 cents

Today McD's sells a burger, fry and small drink for $3.50 while minimum wage is around 7 dollars. 2.10/7.00 is around 3 times differnce. .95/3.50 is over 3 times difference, so the minimum wage hike didnt help those minimum wage people. Think about that.....
I believe it should be factored on Valuation of production in a manner analogous to CEO compensation that is based on the valuation of the Firm.
So while someone who never got a masters degree, should be paid the same as someone who just got out of highschool?

Does this apply to professional athletes who get paid 10s of millions of dollars for only playing 1 hour game a week?
It is your special pleading and right wing fantasy, why don't you You tell me?

Solving simple poverty and let markets function like customary and usual is what I am referring to.
Giving someone something, without earning it, keeps that person from doing anything. Bill Clinton, who signed the Contract with America (written by Newt Gingrich) only gave 2 years of welfare, after that you had to be going to college or having a job, because there was no more welfare. At that time the US saw the lowest unemployment of 5%, until 2019 when President Trump had it down 3.3% with his Make America Great Again......

Isn't right wing fantasy wonderful.

The black guy had to turn a right wing induced Recession around.

you do know that Democrat administrations participated in and funded the failed war on drugs too don't you?
War time tax rates or they should be abolished as the expensive right wing Hoaxsterism they are!
Notice how the retard keeps saying it is right wing hoaxsterism. I see you dont want to learn anything, but stay with your head way up Uranus...

Isn't right wing fantasy wonderful.

The black guy had to turn a right wing induced Recession around.
The Muslim in Chief? He nearly destroyed the economy and forced real jobs overseas. Welfare jobs paid for by the taxpayer are not growth jobs but what would a lifetime sucker of the government teat know about that??

In the long term MW hikes don't help, because inflation always erases any gains. Then you have to consider the jobs lost because they cost more than they're worth or more than the cost of automating them. My Dad remembers laughing at the Soviet Union because the people had to pump their own gas while over here we had teenagers wanting to earn some money running out to pump your gas, wash your windows, and check your oil and air in your tires. Ever notice that low skilled, low paying jobs are disappearing? It's because they cost more than they're worth. Now you pump your own gas, bag your own groceries, buy your own movie ticket at a kiosk, order your own food at a kiosk, and soon will have your burger cooked by an automated machine. Instead of a dozen people milling around getting you stuff, there will be one or two whose primary responsibility will be to keep the machines full and step in if one breaks down, and you get your own stuff.

Now they want to double the MW in a short period of time. Consider that over half the workforce gets paid $20/hr or less. Jack the MW to $15/hr and the vast majority of workers will demand a big raise or quit because it's just not worth going to school, learning a trade and putting in months or years to get experience, to go from getting paid three times the MW to getting a few bucks an hour more than a random guy who walks in off the street with no skills at all. Jobs will be lost and prices will go up, it's inevitable. Now, do it slowly enough and the market can better absorb the changes. Jobs will still be lost and prices will still go up, just not as quickly.

Forum List

Back