Oklahoma tornadoes again!

The Oklahoma City area is probably being creamed again right now.

How much more can these people take? :(

Oklahomans are some of the toughest people you'll ever meet. Same goes for the folks in the rest of this area, we have to be or we couldn't live with these.

We look at theses spring/summer storms and just see them as the way things are.

Mother nature giveth, and regrettably, she sometimes taketh away.

Bless those she took tonight.

I feel so sorry for all those cattle and horses and animals. I feel bad for the people too, but dayum. If a volcano is over your head and erupts, do you keep rebuilding in the line of the lava flow?

Gracie my dear, BTW that also is my Granddaughters name.., if everyone moved away from tornados there would be no one living in nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Iowa there would be at least 18 -24 other states with drastically reduced populations.

a volcano is much more predictable than tornados, they never move about randomly, tornados can be dozens in dozens of different localities that cover thousands, hundreds of thousands of square miles.

I know. I'm just sad about the whole thing. All those people. All those animals. :(

I feel so sorry for all those cattle and horses and animals. I feel bad for the people too, but dayum. If a volcano is over your head and erupts, do you keep rebuilding in the line of the lava flow?

Gracie my dear, BTW that also is my Granddaughters name.., if everyone moved away from tornados there would be no one living in nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Iowa there would be at least 18 -24 other states with drastically reduced populations.

a volcano is much more predictable than tornados, they never move about randomly, tornados can be dozens in dozens of different localities that cover thousands, hundreds of thousands of square miles.

I know. I'm just sad about the whole thing. All those people. All those animals. :(

you sound just like my Granddaughter.., (who just turned 13 y.o.) caring about the animals first, as they are nearly totally defenseless against these storms and other natural disasters.

GOD bless you !!

i have been in one tornado.....i will never live anywhere they are even possible....we rarely have them in the mountains....i can handle floods and snows...but not tornados

i have been in one tornado.....i will never live anywhere they are even possible....we rarely have them in the mountains....i can handle floods and snows...but not tornados

i have been through several

it is best to be aware of the weather

tornado ally

is a very big area

don't you mean ALLEY .....??

oh brother

what is the "oh brother" all about ?? there is a huge difference. OK ?

ALLY: a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose, typically by treaty.

ALLEY: a narrow passageway between or behind buildings.
• a path lined with trees, bushes, or stones.
• a long, narrow area in which games such as bowling are played.

22476825_BG1.jpg

don't you mean ALLEY .....??

oh brother

what is the "oh brother" all about ?? there is a huge difference. OK ?

ALLY: a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose, typically by treaty.

ALLEY: a narrow passageway between or behind buildings.
• a path lined with trees, bushes, or stones.
• a long, narrow area in which games such as bowling are played.

Thanks for the lesson teach, but really, I think everyone understood what he was saying.

Geez......

Even the weatherman got hurt in this one...
:eek:
Weather Channel meteorologist injured in tornado
1 June`13 — The next time meteorologist Mike Bettes talks about the power of tornadoes on The Weather Channel, he can speak from personal experience.
Bettes was nursing minor injuries Saturday, including stitches in his hand, a day after the SUV that he and two photographers were riding in was thrown 200 yards by a twister in Oklahoma. The Weather Channel said all the occupants were wearing safety belts and walked away from the banged-up vehicle. It's the first time one of the network's personalities has been injured while covering violent weather, spokeswoman Shirley Powell said. "That was the scariest moment of my life," Bettes said. "I had never been through anything like it before, and my life passed before my eyes." He and the photographers were trying to outrun a tornado they spotted in El Reno, Okla., and failed.

Bettes said it felt like the vehicle tumbled over several times and was floating in the air before crashing to the ground. The Weather Channel quickly posted video of the experience since the team kept cameras rolling throughout. The tape largely showed a black screen with audio of crashes until it came to rest with the picture sideways. It was perhaps a warning sign of the dangers inherent in the trend of tornado chasers. Storm hunters driving specially equipped cars and racing to get video of tornadoes touching down have become an expected byproduct of severe weather outbreaks, and some have even gotten their own TV shows.

Earlier this week, a storm chaser video got wide exposure because an armor-plated vehicle didn't bother trying to outrun the storm. It came back with pictures from inside the tornado itself. It's the fourth year that The Weather Channel has sent crews out actively hunting tornadoes, Powell said. Last year, one of the network's crews was among the first on the scene after a devastating twister hit Joplin, Mo., bringing back gripping video.

For the first two years, The Weather Channel was embedded with a government research team. But in the past two years, the network has sent its own crews out. Bettes' white vehicle is emblazoned with the phrase "tornado hunt" and the network's logo. Powell said it is too early to tell how the close call will affect the network's tornado coverage, but it will be under review. "Tornadoes are violent and unpredictable, but covering them keeps the public at large informed and, as a result, safer," she said.

Even the weatherman got hurt in this one...
:eek:
1 June`13 — The next time meteorologist Mike Bettes talks about the power of tornadoes on The Weather Channel, he can speak from personal experience.
Bettes was nursing minor injuries Saturday, including stitches in his hand, a day after the SUV that he and two photographers were riding in was thrown 200 yards by a twister in Oklahoma. The Weather Channel said all the occupants were wearing safety belts and walked away from the banged-up vehicle. It's the first time one of the network's personalities has been injured while covering violent weather, spokeswoman Shirley Powell said. "That was the scariest moment of my life," Bettes said. "I had never been through anything like it before, and my life passed before my eyes." He and the photographers were trying to outrun a tornado they spotted in El Reno, Okla., and failed.

Bettes said it felt like the vehicle tumbled over several times and was floating in the air before crashing to the ground. The Weather Channel quickly posted video of the experience since the team kept cameras rolling throughout. The tape largely showed a black screen with audio of crashes until it came to rest with the picture sideways. It was perhaps a warning sign of the dangers inherent in the trend of tornado chasers. Storm hunters driving specially equipped cars and racing to get video of tornadoes touching down have become an expected byproduct of severe weather outbreaks, and some have even gotten their own TV shows.

Earlier this week, a storm chaser video got wide exposure because an armor-plated vehicle didn't bother trying to outrun the storm. It came back with pictures from inside the tornado itself. It's the fourth year that The Weather Channel has sent crews out actively hunting tornadoes, Powell said. Last year, one of the network's crews was among the first on the scene after a devastating twister hit Joplin, Mo., bringing back gripping video.

For the first two years, The Weather Channel was embedded with a government research team. But in the past two years, the network has sent its own crews out. Bettes' white vehicle is emblazoned with the phrase "tornado hunt" and the network's logo. Powell said it is too early to tell how the close call will affect the network's tornado coverage, but it will be under review. "Tornadoes are violent and unpredictable, but covering them keeps the public at large informed and, as a result, safer," she said.

tvncar.jpg

This was their car. It's a miracle they didn't die or were hurt worse.

Just confirmed by CNN, via KOCO in OK, storm chasers Tim Samaras, his son Paul and Carl Young were killed in the El reno tornado.

They were featured on The Discovery Channels Storm Chasers. Very well respected.
Prayers out to their friends and family.

Forum List

Back