Olympic Arms, Inc. bans all sales to the State of New York Government

You were contending that Olympic Arms was the only maker of AR-15 rifles. I pointed out that there are close to 30 makers of the AR-15 variants and clones in the US alone. If they can't get their weapons and parts from Olympic, they can go to plenty of other vendors. If a cop can't get a part for his current weapon, I'm sure the department would issue him another one. No biggie.

They are the only maker of the AR-15. As you pointed out, other manufacturers, like Bushmaster, make copies or knockoffs of them. If you don't understand the difference between a copy and an original why am I even talking to you?

By the way, Olympic Arms is known for its conversion kits to mate parts from different manufacturers so they work together. I didn't know that until a gun friend told me.

All those kits just dried up for New York also.

The only maker of AR-15 rifles and carbines is Colt, who owns the trademark. Olympic makes knockoffs like all the other 30 odd manufacturers. If Olympic doesn't want to deal, there are plenty of other places to go.
There are many AR variant on the market manufactured by many firearm company's

Never said they were, just making the point that it is going to make a difference to an idiot that thinks it won't, especially when a cop needs to get a part for his current weapon.

You were contending that Olympic Arms was the only maker of AR-15 rifles. I pointed out that there are close to 30 makers of the AR-15 variants and clones in the US alone. If they can't get their weapons and parts from Olympic, they can go to plenty of other vendors. If a cop can't get a part for his current weapon, I'm sure the department would issue him another one. No biggie.

They are the only maker of the AR-15. As you pointed out, other manufacturers, like Bushmaster, make copies or knockoffs of them. If you don't understand the difference between a copy and an original why am I even talking to you?

By the way, Olympic Arms is known for its conversion kits to mate parts from different manufacturers so they work together. I didn't know that until a gun friend told me.

As has been pointed out many times already, Olympic Arms makes AR15 knockoffs, not "real" AR-15s.

"Real" AR-15s are made by Colt.

As has been pointed out many times already, Olympic Arms makes AR15 knockoffs, not "real" AR-15s.

They aren't knock off you fucking idiots they are called AR variants. They aren't toys or are they defects.

definition of KNOCKOFF

: a copy that sells for less than the original; broadly : a copy or imitation of someone or something popular

Knockoff - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

calling an AR variant a knock off is being dishonest at best.
why do you cum suckers have problems with words.

Argue with the dictionary. Call it names.

Why do cum suckers have a problem with words like assault weapons
First it was redefining what an assault weapon is now they are trying to say an AR Variant is some cheap knock defect
Damn you idiots would actually piss your panties if you ever heard one fired.

They call them AR-15's on their website. I would imagine there would be a copyright infringement suit if that designation were in error.

I don't think Olympic gives a shit about NY state or local LEO business, their demand is so high right now they have a 10 month backlog on new orders.

calling an AR variant a knock off is being dishonest at best.
why do you cum suckers have problems with words.

First it was redefining what an assault weapon is now they are trying to say an AR Variant is some cheap knock defect

I don't know why you have a problem with that word. It's you who is swearing at the dictionary, not me.

I don't have a problem with the word assault rifle and never said I did.

I just posted the definition because you were inferring that the term knock off had to do with quality or some other negative term applied to it.

That's not the case. The dictionary term stands imo.

They call them AR-15's on their website. I would imagine there would be a copyright infringement suit if that designation were in error.

I don't think Olympic gives a shit about NY state or local LEO business, their demand is so high right now they have a 10 month backlog on new orders.

yep they sure do

Downloads - Manuals - AR-15 Manual
Damn Ruger calls them AR 15 ALSO.

Ruger SR556 FB Rifle, AR15 Carbine 16", 223/5.56 - Impact Guns

I don't know why you have a problem with that word. It's you who is swearing at the dictionary, not me.

I don't have a problem with the word assault rifle and never said I did.

I just posted the definition because you were inferring that the term knock off had to do with quality or some other negative term applied to it.

That's not the case. The dictionary term stands imo.
hawh I rubber you're glue...........
I'm not the one with the problem calling something what it is gun grabbers are.

Last edited:
This really is a joke. A corporation putting profit before something moral or a belief? Really.
Moving over seas to exploit workers and conditions a moral or a belief.
I got that wrong lol there is not corporation that would put a belief before profit.
Nice early April Fools Joke.

I realize it's a hard concept for lefturds too understand, company putting belief before profit.

This really is a joke. A corporation putting profit before something moral or a belief? Really.
I got that wrong lol there is not corporation that would put a belief before profit.

I realize it's a hard concept for lefturds too understand, company putting belief before profit.
no the joke would be in your mirror when you look at it.

Really? That is the best you have an insult to me personally.How utterly adult and mature of you.

no the joke would be in your mirror when you look at it.

The only maker of AR-15 rifles and carbines is Colt, who owns the trademark. Olympic makes knockoffs like all the other 30 odd manufacturers. If Olympic doesn't want to deal, there are plenty of other places to go.

Colt makes the LE901-16S, which is a .308

Colt LE901-16S

The AR-15 is a .22.

That is a really good point, except Colt does not AR-15s anymore.

Colt LE901-16S

The AR-15 is a .22.

The original AR-15 is a 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington rifle.

Not a .22.

You're attempting to speak as if you know a lot about rifles, but it's getting pretty clear that you don't.

1. Colt owns the trademark "AR-15", not Olympic.

2. Many, many companies make "AR-15" rifles. Olympic is one of many.

3. Olympic does NOT make "real" AR-15s any more than any other company does.

Colt LE901-16S

The AR-15 is a .22.

Not a .22.

You're attempting to speak as if you know a lot about rifles, but it's getting pretty clear that you don't.

One cleaning brush does all three
Hoppe's .22 .223 5.56mm Caliber Rifle Phosphor Bronze Brush

300px-22lr.png

223remx330.gif

Colt LE901-16S

The AR-15 is a .22.

Not a .22.

One cleaning brush does all three
Hoppe's .22 .223 5.56mm Caliber Rifle Phosphor Bronze Brush

300px-22lr.png

223remx330.gif

Try putting a .22 Long cartridge into an AR-15 and see what happens.

Forum List

Back