Olympic Arms, Inc. bans all sales to the State of New York Government

I'm betting these companies don't do much business with the state of New York. So, they will get a boost by people who like their stand while not really losing anything. New York won't much care either as they will buy their guns elsewhere. Win/win for everyone.

Another person who cannot read.

They are not refusing to sell to the state, they are refusing to sell to any state employee, any police officer, any fireman, or any government employee of any city, county, or the state.

This is good stuff.

A small arms manufacturer probably gets the majority of its sales from ordinary citizens than from law enforcement.

These new laws are shutting down quite a lot of revenue for these small arms makers. So it is a good business decision to make the government that is choking them off pay a price, too.

In New York, with all the gun laws, it is most likely that they get most of their business from government employees, not the regular citizens. If you are a citizen in New York it usually takes months to buy a gun, government employees can walk out with it the same day.

According to this link the New York contract has been extended to October 2013.

So Olympic Arms and LaRue Tactical have had no contract with New York state since at least November 2007 and through October of this year.

What the fuck, can anyone read?

They are not cancelling state contracts, they are refusing to do business with any government employee anywhere in the state. Come back when you can actually post something relevant to the topic.

According to this link the New York contract has been extended to October 2013.

So Olympic Arms and LaRue Tactical have had no contract with New York state since at least November 2007 and through October of this year.

That's with the state. Not local levels.

Here's what Olympic said:
Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.
Key words, "will no longer".

This implies the state is their customer and they are stopping.

Since the State of New York is not actually a customer, Olympic Arms blew their credibility. So I doubt any other level of government in New York is their customer, either.

Read the part in red very slowly.

State agencies could purchase from foreign companies as long as they are in compliance with federal import laws and restrictions. If the foreign company is restricted from sales in the US, then the state couldn't do business with them. Then again, the State is more likely to want to deal with privately owned foreign companies like Glock, Sig Sauer, and Steyr than deal with cheap knockoffs from Communist bloc countries anyway.

If those companies are not privately own that would mean they are government controlled which means going through a foreign power to obtain those firearms?
I'm not going to allow you too slide on this.

What part of compliance with federal import laws and restrictions don't you understand? If it is OK with the Federal laws, a state can do business with the foreign companies in question.

If those companies are not privately owned they are controlled by a foreign power.

Oh please. You libs together with union interests have been bleating about "buy American" because you are wetting your underoos over the losses unions are taking.
Now it's "so what" if they buy foreign.
Did it ever occur to you hypocritical flit boys that many of the domestic gun manufacturers might just be staffed with workers who are also members of unions?
Nah, of course not. That wouldn't fit the narrative.
Ahh yes. Politics of convenience. An exclusive province of the liberal left.

Wow. Where did this come from? :cuckoo:

First, 'you libs'? Since when did I become a lib? Do you, in fact, know anything at all about my politics, or are you making a huge assumption based on....well....pretty much nothing at all?

What do unions have to do with the point of contention here? Not a damn thing, so far as I can tell. :eusa_shhh:

bigreb claimed that article 1 section 10 would prevent the city of Buffalo from buying arms from a foreign source. I was questioning that claim. In the end, by his own admission, it is untrue. That's the entirety of the conversation between the two of us. Where did the basis of this little rant come from, other than your own delusions? :confused:
OH fuck you're right I'm wrong all gun companies outside the united states are privately owned and not run by the government in the country they are based in. They are all run by private ownership.

If you had said, 'The city of Buffalo will not be able to buy arms from foreign sources owned by their governments', you might have a point.

Unless you are now going to say that ALL foreign arms manufacturers are government-run, stating that Buffalo can't buy from foreign sources is incorrect. Your statement included all foreign sources. You didn't specify anything about those run by foreign governments.

What was it you said about admitting you were mistaken? How difficult would it be for you to simply say, "I misspoke. I meant that the city of Buffalo will not be able to purchase from SOME foreign sources because those that are government-run would put Buffalo in conflict with the constitution of the US." Whether you'd be correct about that might be up for argument, but at least it would be in accordance with your current line of reasoning, instead of the moving of goalposts you are so well known for.

Wow. Where did this come from? :cuckoo:

First, 'you libs'? Since when did I become a lib? Do you, in fact, know anything at all about my politics, or are you making a huge assumption based on....well....pretty much nothing at all?

What do unions have to do with the point of contention here? Not a damn thing, so far as I can tell. :eusa_shhh:

bigreb claimed that article 1 section 10 would prevent the city of Buffalo from buying arms from a foreign source. I was questioning that claim. In the end, by his own admission, it is untrue. That's the entirety of the conversation between the two of us. Where did the basis of this little rant come from, other than your own delusions? :confused:
OH fuck you're right I'm wrong all gun companies outside the united states are privately owned and not run by the government in the country they are based in. They are all run by private ownership.

If you had said, 'The city of Buffalo will not be able to buy arms from foreign sources owned by their governments', you might have a point.

Unless you are now going to say that ALL foreign arms manufacturers are government-run, stating that Buffalo can't buy from foreign sources is incorrect. Your statement included all foreign sources. You didn't specify anything about those run by foreign governments.

What was it you said about admitting you were mistaken? How difficult would it be for you to simply say, "I misspoke. I meant that the city of Buffalo will not be able to purchase from SOME foreign sources because those that are government-run would put Buffalo in conflict with the constitution of the US." Whether you'd be correct about that might be up for argument, but at least it would be in accordance with your current line of reasoning, instead of the moving of goalposts you are so well known for.

Shall I repeat the same reply? I will if I must to get it through your think pea brain.

Again, this sort of thing is hilarious to me.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

You are so right, none of the hundreds of thousands of people who work for the government ever shopped in that store before.

Explaining the point would require you to understand English.

Olympic Arms isn't a "store". It's a gun manufacturer.

Explaining that point would require that you actually read the article, though.

If those companies are not privately own that would mean they are government controlled which means going through a foreign power to obtain those firearms?
I'm not going to allow you too slide on this.

What part of compliance with federal import laws and restrictions don't you understand? If it is OK with the Federal laws, a state can do business with the foreign companies in question.

If those companies are not privately owned they are controlled by a foreign power.

It doesn't matter if the company is owned by Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, and the Devil. If the Federal Government says it is OK to trade with them, it's OK to trade with them. The state isn't the one making treaties or trade agreements. that is handled at the federal level.

It doesn't matter if the company is owned by Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, and the Devil. If the Federal Government says it is OK to trade with them, it's OK to trade with them. The state isn't the one making treaties or trade agreements. that is handled at the federal level.

I've already said they would have to get permission, or did you miss that part?

Shall I repeat the same reply? I will if I must to get it through your think pea brain.

I'm pretty sure you mean thick. :lol:

Go ahead, repeat the same reply. It doesn't make it any more true or relevant to your original statement.

As you have done so often before, you are going to stick to your guns even when you've basically shown yourself to be wrong. Rather than admit your mistake, be it of content or just phrasing, you will continue to say the same foolish things over and over in the hopes they will eventually become true.

Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure you mean thick. :lol:

Go ahead, repeat the same reply. It doesn't make it any more true or relevant to your original statement.

As you have done so often before, you are going to stick to your guns even when you've basically shown yourself to be wrong. Rather than admit your mistake, be it of content or just phrasing, you will continue to say the same foolish things over and over in the hopes they will eventually become true.

Enjoy!

Thick.

oh and repeating would still make you just as wrong.

Again, this sort of thing is hilarious to me.

Did Olympic Arms have any contracts with New York law enforcement before? And what point do they think they're making? It's not like there aren't plenty of other companies that make AR15s and 1911s.

Denying their company lucrative government contracts doesn't seem to effect anyone but themselves.

quite a few actually and their stance has been noted by many state representatives who are now challenging cuomo's legislation. actions like this are key to stimulatin a grassroots resitance, and one thing for sure, onre is growing in NY

Two questions then: When was the last time a state was turned down by the federal government? Why would a state try to purchase from a forbidden source when there are so many legitimate approved trade partners and vendors?

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=573076246049586&id=114264921930723
freedom before profit

what a truly novel idea

Two questions then: When was the last time a state was turned down by the federal government? Why would a state try to purchase from a forbidden source when there are so many legitimate approved trade partners and vendors?

When was the last time a vendor suspended sales to the government ?

When was the last time a vendor suspended sales to the government ?

Good question. It is usually the Government deciding who can and can't be a supplier to the government. But then, there is no evidence that they ever were a vendor to the State of NY. But, if they don't want to deal with the government and preemptively take themselves off the list, so be it. There's plenty more where they came from.

Forum List

Back