On The Economy, Is Trump "Right"?

not only is he right, but he may be the one capable of helping it...

also he could pay off my home state's debt by himself...
bernie..... he's a good guy... but...
A king could have afforded to cut the serfs taxes in half but they don't think that way.

We've seen trumps compassion for workers. On his show 9 out of ten workers get fired.

Maybe I missed it.

What are Trump's specific ideas on the economy?

If he can create a 10 billion dollar empire for himself, wouldn't it be realistic to assume he could do the same for our economy?

Remind me again what the community organizer we have now had for credentials...
Well, I think it's fair and reasonable to ask about his specific plans.

Those multiple bankruptcies should present a little red flag and make one wonder a bit, no?

Sure it's fair to ask, and intelligent people have, and Trump has said, China is ripping us off, China is manipulating currency, Mexico is ripping us off, our trade agreements are all out of whack, so he has mentioned several things he'd address.

There is no greater debt on the PLANET than our OWN GOVERNMENT. What will WE do when we can no longer pay the interest on OUR debt? Will America file for bankruptcy? ... like Trump did? MILLIONS of Americans have filed for bankruptcy, so I don't think that's a real concern for many, especially when our own government is an epic leader in DEBT.

Last edited:
Think about it. Trumps show has de sensitized us to people getting fired. Got us anxiously waiting to see who'll get fired next. Lol

Maybe I missed it.

If he can create a 10 billion dollar empire for himself, wouldn't it be realistic to assume he could do the same for our economy?
No. He could continue an environment where the rich keep getting richer and the masses keep getting poorer.

How is trump going to make college more affordable for example?
He's not talking about making the rich richer, he's talking about making America as a nation richer, to reinvigorate our stagnant obama economy.

But say he did do the same as every other president before, "MAKE THE RICH RICHER AND THE POOR POORER," then he might have a hard trime getting elected for a second term, although that's exactly what the kenyan has done on top of tell lie after lie after lie after lie, and he still got reelected.

1. There is so little we know about any candidate who has never been part of the political realm, and this is a legitimate factor to give one pause.

On the other hand, the propensity for lying is so common in politicians, one cannot be faulted for asking, as a congenital lying politician recently said, ‘What Difference At This Point Does It Make?!’

Meaning.....maybe one should take a chance.

Larry Kudlow penned a piece for the NYSun, giving some insight into the economic beliefs of one Donald Trump...I'll provide them.

But first, lets see the alpha and omega, the scale of economic successes, of a couple of recent choices by the body politic.

2. First, my nominee for the very worst President, judged by the economic consequences of his ineptitude, his policies.
Barack Hussein Obama (peace be on him).

A few examples of his work:

a. "....the number of Americans not in the labor force rose once again, this time to 93,194K from 93,175K, with the result being a participation rate of 69.45 or just above the lowest percentage since 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy." Americans Not In The Labor Force Rise To Record 93 194 000 Zero Hedge

b. "More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up
'Business deaths now exceed business births for the first time' in decades.
The American economy is less entrepreneurial now than at any point in the last three decades. That's the conclusion of anew study out from the Brookings Institution, which looks at the rates of new business creation and destruction since 1978.

Not only that, but during the most recent three years of the study -- 2009, 2010 and 2011 -- businesses were collapsing faster than they were being formed, a first. Overall, new businesses creation (measured as the share of all businesses less than one year old) declined by about half from 1978 to 2011." More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up The Weekly Standard

c. "Even if you leave out the first quarter of 2009—when the recession that started in December 2007 was still ongoing--President Barack Obama has presided over the lowest average first-quarter GDP growth of any president who has served since 1947, which is the earliest year for which the Bureau of Economic Analysis has calculated quarterly GDP growth. " Blame It on Global Cooling Obama Has Lowest Average 1stQ GDP Growth of Any President on Record

d. After 6 1/2 years of Obama, 47% of Americans could not handle a $400 expense:

"The survey results reveal a lack of economic preparedness among many adults. Only 53 percent of respondents indicate that they could cover a hypothetical emergency expense costing $400 without selling something or borrowing money. Thirty-one percent of respondents report going without some form of medical care in the past year because they could not afford it." FRB Press Release--Federal Reserve Board issues Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households--May 27 2015

See what happens when you elect an inexperienced, incompetent, ideologue?
We took a chance on bush and every bad thing you listed happened because we took a chance and elected a right wing fool.

"We took a chance on bush and every bad thing you listed happened..."
Wrong.

1. Let's see you come up with examples of ineptitude re: Bush, as I have of Obama.

My examples apply to all 6 and a half years of ineptitude.

2. The mortgage meltdown that is attributed to Bush is, in reality, a result of Democrat policies and Democrats blocking reform....Frank and Dodd...and Obama.

3. Democrat Franklin Roosevelt instituted the debacle by invading the private housing economy.
Proof? Sure....had FDR not created GSE Fanny (and subsequently Freddie) there would never have been a mortgage meltdown recession.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If the Republicans are right, what happened to all the jobs we were promised after the Bush tax cuts? Why hasn't Trump done anything about that during all his years as a "job creator"? Do we really need to sacrifice all we have in the way of clean air, water, food, safety and drugs to the gods of deregulation?

Why are you ignoring these:

a. "....the number of Americans not in the labor force rose once again, this time to 93,194K from 93,175K, with the result being a participation rate of 69.45 or just above the lowest percentage since 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy." Americans Not In The Labor Force Rise To Record 93 194 000 Zero Hedge

The American economy is less entrepreneurial now than at any point in the last three decades. That's the conclusion of anew study out from the Brookings Institution, which looks at the rates of new business creation and destruction since 1978.

Not only that, but during the most recent three years of the study -- 2009, 2010 and 2011 --businesses were collapsing faster than they were being formed, a first. Overall, new businesses creation (measured as the share of all businesses less than one year old) declined by about half from 1978 to 2011." More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up The Weekly Standard

c. "Even if you leave out the first quarter of 2009—when the recession that started in December 2007 was still ongoing--President Barack Obama has presided over the lowest average first-quarter GDP growth of any president who has served since 1947, which is the earliest year for which the Bureau of Economic Analysis has calculated quarterly GDP growth. " Blame It on Global Cooling Obama Has Lowest Average 1stQ GDP Growth of Any President on Record

d. After 6 1/2 years of Obama, 47% of Americans could not handle a $400 expense:

"The survey results reveal a lack of economic preparedness among many adults. Only 53 percent of respondents indicate that they could cover a hypothetical emergency expense costing $400 without selling something or borrowing money. Thirty-one percent of respondents report going without some form of medical care in the past year because they could not afford it." FRB Press Release--Federal Reserve Board issues Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households--May 27 2015

• Thanks
1. There is so little we know about any candidate who has never been part of the political realm, and this is a legitimate factor to give one pause.

On the other hand, the propensity for lying is so common in politicians, one cannot be faulted for asking, as a congenital lying politician recently said, ‘What Difference At This Point Does It Make?!’

Larry Kudlow penned a piece for the NYSun, giving some insight into the economic beliefs of one Donald Trump...I'll provide them.

But first, lets see the alpha and omega, the scale of economic successes, of a couple of recent choices by the body politic.

2. First, my nominee for the very worst President, judged by the economic consequences of his ineptitude, his policies.

Not only that, but during the most recent three years of the study -- 2009, 2010 and 2011 -- businesses were collapsing faster than they were being formed, a first. Overall, new businesses creation (measured as the share of all businesses less than one year old) declined by about half from 1978 to 2011." More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up The Weekly Standard

We took a chance on bush and every bad thing you listed happened because we took a chance and elected a right wing fool.

Wrong.

1. Let's see you come up with examples of ineptitude re: Bush, as I have of Obama.

2. The mortgage meltdown that is attributed to Bush is, in reality, a result of Democrat policies and Democrats blocking reform....Frank and Dodd...and Obama.

3. Democrat Franklin Roosevelt instituted the debacle by invading the private housing economy.
Proof? Sure....had FDR not created GSE Fanny (and subsequently Freddie) there would never have been a mortgage meltdown recession.
Had the Europeans stayed out of North America you would not have a nation which created Fanny Mae and no mortgage meltdown, we can take it back to the dawn of humans with that illogical sequence of opinion..

Maybe I missed it.

Remind me again what the community organizer we have now had for credentials...
Well, I think it's fair and reasonable to ask about his specific plans.

Those multiple bankruptcies should present a little red flag and make one wonder a bit, no?

"Today Donald Trump is currently worth $9 billion.

So I reached out to my Trump connections.
This is what I got back:

>Donald Trump has never personally declared bankruptcy. Four businesses used the bankruptcy laws to their benefit.

So there’s your answer.
And today he’s worth $9 billion.

Expect the liberals to continue this lie despite the facts.
Donald Trump terrifies them."
You ll Never Guess How Many Bankruptcies Donald Trump Went Through... - The Gateway Pundit

• Thanks

Wrong.

Had the Europeans stayed out of North America you would not have a nation which created Fanny Mae and no mortgage meltdown, we can take it back to the dawn of humans with that illogical sequence of opinion..

No, drop-draws, we can't.

FDR is the direct line to the housing bubble.

The Europeans weren't.

Even a ....partisan.... like you cans see that.

Maybe I missed it.

No. He could continue an environment where the rich keep getting richer and the masses keep getting poorer.

He's not talking about making the rich richer, he's talking about making America as a nation richer, to reinvigorate our stagnant obama economy.

But say he did do the same as every other president before, "MAKE THE RICH RICHER AND THE POOR POORER," then he might have a hard trime getting elected for a second term, although that's exactly what the kenyan has done on top of tell lie after lie after lie after lie, and he still got reelected.
We need a bigger more successful middle class, so we need a middle class first president. Trumps a trickle down thinker.

If the Republicans are right, what happened to all the jobs we were promised after the Bush tax cuts? Why hasn't Trump done anything about that during all his years as a "job creator"? Do we really need to sacrifice all we have in the way of clean air, water, food, safety and drugs to the gods of deregulation?
Most of those problem are caused by the "job creators" not doing what was promised. What was the point of the tax cuts and why are you ignoring THAT point?

Maybe I missed it.

We need a bigger more successful middle class, so we need a middle class first president. Trumps a trickle down thinker.
We need a capitalist, not a socialist, so that eliminates any democrat.

Obama didn't cause any of that.

Oh, man!

Made my day....I was sooooooo hoping you'd be stupid enough to fall into that trap!

3. Obama's record in terms of damage to the American economy is so bad that several of his supporters on the board have whined that it is unfair to 'blame a President'....after all, they moan.... a President really can't do much to improve economic conditions for the nation.

Really?

Any lackwit who espouses that defense doesn't recognize that he is revealing that he voted for skin color.

Of course an astute voter picks a candidate based the benefits he can provide for the country, and this is the very reason every candidate goes on and on about the economic benefits he has provided in the past, if he were an executive.....

....or policies he has voted for that have accomplished economic benefits for his constituents.

And, btw....none can produce the resume of successes that Trump can in that area.

• Thanks
I'm certainly not going to explain it to political chick as I'm sure hundreds of us have explained it to her in the past and it's done no good obviously. To explain over and over again why its not freddy Fanny Clinton Carter and now FDR's fault that Bush crashed the economy I'm just not going to do it

If trump was sitting on 1 billion and Bush's great recession made trump $7 billion why would we want trump to be president? So he can do it again?

When is trumps fortune gonna start trickling down?

Bushanomics or trumpanomics don't work. Same for huckabeeanomics or fiorinomics.
What rich person would want to invest in brick and mortar under this liberal as hell president?

Why are you guys so dense? They were investing in the stock market.

Repeat after me, they want to invest in a sure fire bet. Not just it is the right thing to do....

You retards always think, you try to fuck the rich and they Will pull down their pants and let you fuck them?

Guess again and you have seen it over and over again

Most of those problem are caused by the "job creators" not doing what was promised. What was the point of the tax cuts and why are you ignoring THAT point?

Post #40 clearly applies to you, too.

Forum List

Back