On the Pleasure of Hating.

Old Lady: will you knock it off, with your duplicitous backstabbing. Please.

William Hazlitt was an English essayist, drama and literary critic, painter, social commentator, and philosopher. He is now considered one of the greatest critics and essayists in the history of the English language, placed in the company of Samuel Johnson and George Orwell. Wikipedia

Died: September 18, 1830, Soho, London, United Kingdom.

So he was a man of his time. He also wrote a book about plain speaking. Something you do not do, instead,resorting to mean spirited sideswipes.
So you can see me! I figured I was on ignore.

What have you to say about the Great Man's ideas, Mindful? It's your OP. I honestly haven't seen you do anything but Mindlessly quip nonsense with ding and G.T. If I missed something of substance, I apologize.

See? You did it again. You just can't help yourself. Judgemental and sanctimonious.

Neither of them, as yet, have put any meat on the table, for me to get my teeth into. Nor have you.The narrative has to be on their terms. With a sprinkling of gotcha games.

I realise you are all tribal. Hostile to interlopers.
I'm sorry the on topic remarks I've made here haven't been sufficiently meaty for you. I don't know whose "tribe" you think I'm fighting for. I agree with G.T. and now Ding that Jung's theory--that what we hate in others is what we hate in ourselves--is not always the case.
I felt sorry for Hazlitt, reading that excerpt. He sounded frustrated and defeated, to me. I didn't mean any disrespect to him.

I don't agree with Ding's theory either.

But he and GT were ramming their own egos down my throat, I hardly had room to breathe, let alone find my way around their rabbit holes.

William Hazlitt was an English essayist, drama and literary critic, painter, social commentator, and philosopher. He is now considered one of the greatest critics and essayists in the history of the English language, placed in the company of Samuel Johnson and George Orwell. Wikipedia

So he was a man of his time. He also wrote a book about plain speaking. Something you do not do, instead,resorting to mean spirited sideswipes.

What have you to say about the Great Man's ideas, Mindful? It's your OP. I honestly haven't seen you do anything but Mindlessly quip nonsense with ding and G.T. If I missed something of substance, I apologize.

See? You did it again. You just can't help yourself. Judgemental and sanctimonious.

Neither of them, as yet, have put any meat on the table, for me to get my teeth into. Nor have you.The narrative has to be on their terms. With a sprinkling of gotcha games.

Your OP has no meat, and thats the problem.

Folks DID respond, Ive seen direct comments regarding the thoughts in the pieces and you completely ignored everyones thoughts and play some corny, coy games.

YOU never even added commentary to your OWN op.

WE did that for you.

The writer was DEPRESSED. Not everyone wakes up the way that he does, and so its an inaccurate view of the overall human condition and instead just an insight into depression. Specifically, his OWN depression.

^ thats way more words regarding the topic than YOUVE offered, which is what old lady was correctly pointing out, control freak.

Whatever turns you on.
This is how youve responded to ALL direct commentary on the OP.

Coy, and childish. Then you wonder why old ladys said what shes said. Its lame, but whatever floats your boat.

You want that to bother me?

You're culturally isolated. Crass and provincial.

Folks DID respond, Ive seen direct comments regarding the thoughts in the pieces and you completely ignored everyones thoughts and play some corny, coy games.

WE did that for you.

The writer was DEPRESSED. Not everyone wakes up the way that he does, and so its an inaccurate view of the overall human condition and instead just an insight into depression. Specifically, his OWN depression.

^ thats way more words regarding the topic than YOUVE offered, which is what old lady was correctly pointing out, control freak.

Whatever turns you on.

Coy, and childish. Then you wonder why old ladys said what shes said. Its lame, but whatever floats your boat.

Thats an assertion, and Id duck all of the comments on your OP and play games if I were sad and alone, too.

I'm sorry the on topic remarks I've made here haven't been sufficiently meaty for you. I don't know whose "tribe" you think I'm fighting for. I agree with G.T. and now Ding that Jung's theory--that what we hate in others is what we hate in ourselves--is not always the case.
I felt sorry for Hazlitt, reading that excerpt. He sounded frustrated and defeated, to me. I didn't mean any disrespect to him.

But he and GT were ramming their own egos down my throat, I hardly had room to breathe, let alone find my way around their rabbit holes.
Its text. Youre a little dramatic there....if you cant handle reading shit without feeling rammed, log off. Its a button.

WE did that for you.

Whatever turns you on.

Thats an assertion, and Id duck all of the comments on your OP and play games if I were sad and alone, too.

Are you by any chance projecting?

Its text. Youre a little dramatic there....if you cant handle reading shit without feeling rammed, log off. Its a button.

If you're giving me an ultimatum, you can sod off. You boring little man.

Youre emotional because youre out of your depth and would rather play little teenager games than address all or any of the responses to your OP that youve avoided .

YOU didnt even comment on your OP. Youre not fooling anyone.

Youre emotional because youre out of your depth and would rather play little teenager games than address all or any of the responses to your OP that youve avoided .

You're not anyone. You're no one. With the intellect of a juvenile.

I responded to your OP.

You resorted to teenager like whimsical word games.

Just because desperate guys that are thirsty on the internet have responded to your pattycake fruit show, doesn't make it the case for other people who can see through your desperate and lonely bullshit.

You ducked your own OP in order to do your typical tit for tat neener neener. The facts on the field are there for everyone, suck it the fuck up.

I responded to your OP.

Just because desperate guys that are thirsty on the internet have responded to your pattycake fruit show, doesn't make it the case for other people who can see through your desperate and lonely bullshit.

You ducked your own OP in order to do your typical tit for tat neener neener. The facts on the field are there for everyone, suck it the fuck up.

You're still a boring boonies little man.

I responded to your OP.

Dont post ideas if youre unwilling to engage them, is a Novel idea Broomhilda.

Folks tried, and you slithered.

1. As soon as there's the whiff of a brawl going on, they start swarming in. lmao.

GT being the chief protagonist. :twirl:

Which proves my point about the OP. The sheer pleasure. :whip:

Toro will show up soon, with his two cents worth. He's so into spectator sports.

"Its a troll thread"

We see who is the juvenile.

Youre always out of your depth, lady. Im not sure its a bad idea for you to just continue to cut and paste....the ideas seem conceptually out of your grasp to discuss.

I responded to your OP.

Dont post ideas if youre unwilling to engage them, is a Novel idea Broomhilda.

Folks tried, and you slithered.

Don't jump on people's throats before they have a chance to, Torquemada.

"Its a troll thread"

We see who is the juvenile.

Youre always out of your depth, lady. Im not sure its a bad idea for you to just continue to cut and paste....the ideas seem conceptually out of your grasp to discuss.

Is this the Jerry Springer Show, you neurotic dolt?

Last edited:
Who really does anything to warrant irrational hatred?

hackers, data miners, and the sockaholic longcon they rode in on. :321:
Rapists, child molestors, thieves, homophobes, racists, bad faith actors, murderers, the vindictive, folks who never practice humility, and MOST OF ALL.....

The DMV

ftr i regularly practice humility everywhere, except in the vicinity of those types :laugh:

thankful i haven't had to go to the DMV in years btw

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

1. As soon as there's the whiff of a brawl going on, they start swarming in. lmao.

:26:

Rapists, child molestors, thieves, homophobes, racists, bad faith actors, murderers, the vindictive, folks who never practice humility, and MOST OF ALL.....

The DMV

ftr i regularly practice humility everywhere, except in the vicinity of those types :laugh:

Same.

I have no reservations in being a stern ass hole when I find somebody to be ruthlessly reprehensible.

The chips can land wherever after that.

The DMV

Same.

I have no reservations in being a stern ass hole when I find somebody to be ruthlessly reprehensible.

The chips can land wherever after that.

You don't get to be judge and jury, you twit.

Forum List

Back