Only in America folks, only in america.........

Houston Families Face Rent Demands On Flooded Properties
“We don’t have any money. We don’t have anything,” said one tenant.

Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Rocio Fuentes, of Pasadena, Texas, told the newspaper. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in. They said, ‘You aren’t the only ones in this situation,’ but what are we supposed to do? We don’t have any money. We don’t have anything.”

They're smelling that FEMA money and they want their share of it!!!

Someone should check her greencard.

Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Rocio Fuentes, of Pasadena, Texas, told the newspaper. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in. They said, ‘You aren’t the only ones in this situation,’ but what are we supposed to do? We don’t have any money. We don’t have anything.”

If you don't like America go back to Africa.

LOLOLOLO....not only don't I like this country with Trump running it, I don't like your white ass. Now, question...what you plan to do about it? Else shut the fuck up, bitch!!

I don't know about in Texas it may well be that there you have to pay even if the landlord can't provide you with the premises. it's not like that in New York.

but then again... Texas.....

Who gonna check me boo?

I don't know about in Texas it may well be that there you have to pay even if the landlord can't provide you with the premises. it's not like that in New York.

but then again... Texas.....

No.
In Texas a landlord cannot charge rent for untenable property.
I doubt there is a state in the union where a landlord can force rent payments regardless of tenability.

Common sense usually applies folks.
It goes without saying we cannot trust the media to provide us with accurate news.
And this is another example.

Who gonna check me boo?

Not you, the wetback from the article that doesn't understand that she doesn't have to pay rent on an untenable residence.

I smell fake news.
I sincerely doubt there is a state in the union where a landlord can charge rent for unlivable property. That is why property owners have flood insurance. You cannot be charged rent for property that is non tenable
Meanwhile, hundreds of residents who were forced to evacuate a flooded apartment complex in Katy, Texas, have been given eviction notices, The Houston Chronicle reported.

You stupid fuck.
If the place flooded of course they have to leave. How else are they going to rebuild?

LOLOLOLO....not only don't I like this country with Trump running it, I don't like your white ass. Now, question...what you plan to do about it? Else shut the fuck up, bitch!!

The hero Dylan Roof comes to mind.

Landlords are the scum of the earth. Below lawyers, even. At least some of them are.
Meanwhile, hundreds of residents who were forced to evacuate a flooded apartment complex in Katy, Texas, have been given eviction notices, The Houston Chronicle reported.

Most of the residents in these apartment complexes are minorities and they smell this FEMA money and want their share of it, cause most of them are moving elsewhere and they know it.

God you're a lying piece of shit...
Do these apartments look like they're filled with minorities?
You know there are people who live in this area on USMB ready to shoot down your ignorant claims.

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

Why in the world would you claim "only in America'?

You seriously believe it doesn't happen elsewhere?

He is right. Only in America have people been taught to sit up and beg when a storm comes in. And demand the use of somebody elses property for free.
No, only in Texas, Louisana and Florida, all republican, anti government, anti liberal, tax payer suckin states does this occur!!!!!!

Landlords are the scum of the earth. Below lawyers, even. At least some of them are.

Most of the residents in these apartment complexes are minorities and they smell this FEMA money and want their share of it, cause most of them are moving elsewhere and they know it.

You know there are people who live in this area on USMB ready to shoot down your ignorant claims.

Hmmm. Dont know why the link says report inappropriate image.
But it still displays triggereds stupidity.

So only white mf's can live in shit like that? Like minorities don't have money to live there? Kiss my black ass and do wear my favorite lip stick while your down there!!!

Since when did I mention to you, I give a fuck about you and your opinions of me?

So only white mf's can live in shit like that? Like minorities don't have money to live there? Kiss my black ass and do wear my favorite lip stick while your down there!!!

I live in katy dipshit.
And there are few if any minorities living in those apartments.
Your premise has been shot down.

Since when did I mention to you, I give a fuck about you and your opinions of me?

Dont lie about my community.

Dont lie about my community.

This stuff should piss off all Texans, and all Americans.
We have got to beat down these fake news stories.
These are the same sources, including the New York Times that gleefully spread the lie about the large church down there refusing to help victims....which BTW - where are the retractions and apologies for that little fucked up story??

Same here - we have these news agencies simply repeating what they are told instead of doing their friggin jobs and vetting the information. And getting one "expert" who is actually a representative of landlords is pretty much the worst opposing view they could get.
It took me all but 15 seconds, maybe, to Google Texas tenant laws and find numerous links to reports just in the last 24 hours that say the opposite of what NPR did. That Texas prohibits landowners from charging rent for untenable property. And then NPR also failed to contact the rental property that other sources DID DO - and reported that they have sent no notices to any tenants other than NORMAL BACK-RENT INVOICES....the NERVE of them to seek payment of rent due BEFORE the flood!!!!!!

Common sense usually applies folks.
It goes without saying we cannot trust the media to provide us with accurate news.
And this is another example.
Here is what I found searching:

Open Your Eyes People

Anita Fuentes

Seaneen DeLong

"More bullshit fake news trying to force a bad narrative from Harvey:

-They're claiming Texas landlords are suing for rent from flooded homes.

-There is no right, even in Texas, for landlords to sue for rent if the house is flooded. Once it becomes flooded they are not required to pay rent until it is fixed.

-It's only been a few days. There is no way rent could have been due yet.

-It takes a week+late fees before a landlord can even begin to seek rent and they can't sue until that is also not paid. They literally can't have sued yet even if they owed rent on the day of the hurricane.

-The homes in the photos are not rentals.

-The Guardian is relying entirely on anecdotes.

Confirmed FAKE NEWS trying to attack innocent flood ridden landlords

http://archive.is/eWYMz

Claims made in article as reference:
Monday 4 September 2017 23.03 BST

Rocio Fuentes weighed up the cost of getting some new sofas for her new apartment in Pasadena, Texas, and decided the family budget could just about stretch to it.
Just one month after moving in, Hurricane Harvey swept through and the Fuenteses were left not only with the ruined furniture but also an ongoing rental demand for a dwelling they had to flee.

“At first we didn’t think it would be that bad, but then the water came through the wall and up through the carpet,” Fuentes said. “Once we saw the water wasn’t going to stop, we left.”

Fuentes, her husband Jaime and their five children, ages ranging from seven months to 14 years, were plucked from the floodwaters by her mother, who arrived in a truck.

They are now crammed into her sister’s apartment and with no insurance have little idea where they will live next.

Jaime is unable to earn money because his construction job has been paused due to the flooding.

But while everything has changed for this family, they are still expected to pay for their abandoned home.

“Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Fuentes said. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in. They said ‘you aren’t the only ones in this situation’, but what are we supposed to do? We don’t have any money. We don’t have anything.”............................"

send money......EMOAF | Evangelist Anita Fuentes

MyL_ftPDApr.png

Edit business types
PfXN9vk7jn6.png

Mission
Open Your Eyes People Broadcast hosted by Evangelist Anita and Pastor Ignacio Fuentes boldly declares the urgent hour and word of the Lord that we are living in the last days.

Their Church ministry EMOAF also brings live School of Ministry classes each week to the Christian who seeks to delve more into the Word of God.

Help support our ministry work by donating online: www.emoaf.org or Mailing Address:
EMOAF |Evangelist Anita Fuentes
PO Box 9570
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Thank you

one comment asked about why they left New York

Last edited:

Forum List

Back