🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Open Carry Texas

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Open Carry Texas

Open Carry Texas (OCT) is an organization dedicated to the safe and legal carry of firearms openly in the State of Texas in accordance with the United States and Texas Constitutions and applicable laws.

Our Mission:
1) To educate all Texans about their right to openly carry
rifles and shotguns in a safe manner.

2) To condition Texans to feel safe around law-abiding
citizens that choose to carry them.

3) Encourage our elected officials to pass less restrictive
open carry legislation.

(4) Foster a cooperative relationship with local law enforcement
in the furtherance of these goals with an eyetowards
preventing negative encounters.

As usual, Jon Stewart nailed it -

Jon Stewart Tears into NRA, Texas Open Carry ?Gun Nuts? | Mediaite

Jon Stewart took on the open carry movement in Texas Thursday night, and mocked the NRA for quickly backing away from perhaps one of the most reasonable statements they’ve ever made about guns. See, the NRA, at first, said Open Carry Texas was ridiculous, and then apologized and said they support it.

Stewart explained to the open carry “gun nuts” that you may “know you’re a good guy with a gun, but members of the National Everybody Else Association have no idea.” And so, basically, between open carry and stand your ground, everywhere has the potential to turn into a standoff.

In the next segment, correspondents Jordan Klepper and Michael Che provided some helpful Do’s and Don’ts of gun safety. Klepper said that you should be careful with your gun when you bring it to a restaurant. Che said, “And when you bring your gun to a restaurant, DON’T be black.”

Open Carrier Discrimination - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Texas gun group?s protest sends restaurant employees fleeing for freezer as cops respond

‘According to Dallas-Ft. Worth’s NBC Channel 5, Open Carry Texas protesters are irate that police treated them like criminals for staging a heavily armed protest without notifying authorities and without visible signs stating the purpose of the demonstration’.

‘Sgt. Ray Bush of the Ft. Worth Police Department told Channel 5 that officers received a call Thursday night from employees of the restaurant who thought that the large group of heavily armed white men had come to rob them’.

“They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them,” Bush said via email. “The demonstration had no signage that would have alerted anyone to their real purpose, and to our knowledge they did not attempt to contact anyone in the Fort Worth Police Department to advise us prior to the demonstration.”

‘The department responded as it would to any armed robbery in progress, with multiple police cruisers and officers carrying tactical weapons. Demonstrators say that the aggressive response by law enforcement was unnecessary’.

“I’m upset that that many officers had to arrive on the scene,” demonstrator Edwin Haros said’.

GunNuts1-350x213.jpg

Who, in their right mind, would want to sit next to this?

gunchipotle.jpg

I wish you morons would get your facts straight before you post this crap.

Open carrying of long guns has been legal and going on in Texas since we won our independence from Mexico. This isn't anything new.

Like we didn't see this coming -

"... open carry made him a target ..."

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/09/2...s-the-guy-with-a-gun-gets-robbed-at-gunpoint/

A Milwaukee man, who became known in his neighborhood as ‘The guy with the gun” because he always had his firearm with him, was robbed. A guy robbed ‘the guy with the gun’ at gunpoint.

Now he’ll be known as the ‘guy who got robbed.’

The 34 year-old victim chose not to go on camera but he did say that he carried the gun because he had been jumped and held up at knife point in the past. But now he believes, in his case, open carry made him a target and he will no longer do it

But the victim said his case proves gun owners should have the right to carry concealed weapons, in contrast to open carry.

TMJ4 reports, “Clark agrees. “By and large it is a significant deterrent, open carry is, but I think it really does make the point that Wisconsin should have concealed carry along with open carry so that people who live in a very high crime neighborhood where criminals aren’t deterred by firearms would have the ability to conceal carry to protect themselves. The two really work hand in hand,” Clark said.”.

Like we didn't see this coming -

"... open carry made him a target ..."

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/09/2...s-the-guy-with-a-gun-gets-robbed-at-gunpoint/

A Milwaukee man, who became known in his neighborhood as ‘The guy with the gun” because he always had his firearm with him, was robbed. A guy robbed ‘the guy with the gun’ at gunpoint.

Now he’ll be known as the ‘guy who got robbed.’

The 34 year-old victim chose not to go on camera but he did say that he carried the gun because he had been jumped and held up at knife point in the past. But now he believes, in his case, open carry made him a target and he will no longer do it

But the victim said his case proves gun owners should have the right to carry concealed weapons, in contrast to open carry.

TMJ4 reports, “Clark agrees. “By and large it is a significant deterrent, open carry is, but I think it really does make the point that Wisconsin should have concealed carry along with open carry so that people who live in a very high crime neighborhood where criminals aren’t deterred by firearms would have the ability to conceal carry to protect themselves. The two really work hand in hand,” Clark said.”.

:lol:

gunchipotle.jpg

Open carrying of long guns has been legal and going on in Texas since we won our independence from Mexico. This isn't anything new.

What are you whining about now?

EXACTLY what have I posted that is incorrect?

Instead of whining, why don't you try addressing the issue?

Coward.

Open Carry Texas

Open Carry Texas (OCT) is an organization dedicated to the safe and legal carry of firearms openly in the State of Texas in accordance with the United States and Texas Constitutions and applicable laws.

Our Mission:

open carry legislation.

Jon Stewart took on the open carry movement in Texas Thursday night, and mocked the NRA for quickly backing away from perhaps one of the most reasonable statements they’ve ever made about guns. See, the NRA, at first, said Open Carry Texas was ridiculous, and then apologized and said they support it.

Stewart explained to the open carry “gun nuts” that you may “know you’re a good guy with a gun, but members of the National Everybody Else Association have no idea.” And so, basically, between open carry and stand your ground, everywhere has the potential to turn into a standoff.

In the next segment, correspondents Jordan Klepper and Michael Che provided some helpful Do’s and Don’ts of gun safety. Klepper said that you should be careful with your gun when you bring it to a restaurant. Che said, “And when you bring your gun to a restaurant, DON’T be black.”

Texas gun group?s protest sends restaurant employees fleeing for freezer as cops respond

‘According to Dallas-Ft. Worth’s NBC Channel 5, Open Carry Texas protesters are irate that police treated them like criminals for staging a heavily armed protest without notifying authorities and without visible signs stating the purpose of the demonstration’.

‘Sgt. Ray Bush of the Ft. Worth Police Department told Channel 5 that officers received a call Thursday night from employees of the restaurant who thought that the large group of heavily armed white men had come to rob them’.

“They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them,” Bush said via email. “The demonstration had no signage that would have alerted anyone to their real purpose, and to our knowledge they did not attempt to contact anyone in the Fort Worth Police Department to advise us prior to the demonstration.”

‘The department responded as it would to any armed robbery in progress, with multiple police cruisers and officers carrying tactical weapons. Demonstrators say that the aggressive response by law enforcement was unnecessary’.

“I’m upset that that many officers had to arrive on the scene,” demonstrator Edwin Haros said’.

GunNuts1-350x213.jpg

Texas is a great and free state. John Stewart is a New York City pussy. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE ON WELFARE VOTE DEMOCRAT.

gunchipotle.jpg

Coward.

Did anyone get shot? No?

Open Carry Texas

Our Mission:

open carry legislation.

GunNuts1-350x213.jpg

Texas is a great and free state. John Stewart is a New York City pussy. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE ON WELFARE VOTE DEMOCRAT.

About your avatar ...

gun-nuts4.jpg

Coward.

Did anyone get shot? No?

EXACTLY
where did I write that someone had been shot?

You're as stupid at Lonestar illLogic. And just as cowardly. Instead of addressing the issue, you lie.

Coward.

Did anyone get shot? No?

EXACTLY

You're as stupid at Lonestar illLogic. And just as cowardly. Instead of addressing the issue, you lie.

What exactly is "THE ISSUE" They followed Texas law. They didn't shoot anyone.

You are such a fucking tool it is a combination of comical and pitiful.

Coward.

Did anyone get shot? No?

EXACTLY

And your cut and paste, agenda driven propaganda is addressing the issue.........?

765030.gif

gunchipotle.jpg

Coward.

You posted a Satirical Comedy Show, and talk about as if it's real news.

When you post a comedy show, you can't have a serious discussion on an actual issue.

gunchipotle.jpg

Coward.

I did address the issue. The issue is you don't know Texas law.

To say no background check is needed is a lie.

Texas has no law requiring firearms dealers to initiate background checks prior to transferring a firearm. As a result, in Texas, firearms dealers must initiate the background check required by federal law by contacting the FBI directly.

Meanwhile, in Georgia

10298899_10152383247299255_8137840687164710332_n-300x225.jpg

As I've posted before, I am much more in favor of open carry because I believe I have the right to know if some armed loon is sitting next to me.

As the graphic a few posts above shows, there is no way to know the reason why someone is carrying a gun. Obviously, it would be stupid to just sit there and wait to see if he's robbing the place and killing innocent bystanders or just trying to make up for a lack of balls.

As this graphic shows, our children are not safe from either one but if one sees a gun, they have the option of leaving the area.

Meanwhile, in Georgia

10298899_10152383247299255_8137840687164710332_n-300x225.jpg

As I've posted before, I am much more in favor of open carry because I believe I have the right to know if some armed loon is sitting next to me.

As the graphic a few posts above shows, there is no way to know the reason why someone is carrying a gun. Obviously, it would be stupid to just sit there and wait to see if he's robbing the place and killing innocent bystanders or just trying to make up for a lack of balls.

As this graphic shows, our children are not safe from either one but if one sees a gun, they have the option of leaving the area.

What graphic are you referring to?

gunchipotle.jpg

I would. Would be able to eat my supper in peace knowing no crazy criminal is gonna get past them. Plus would hold a awesome conversation about their rifles. I really do look forward to the day when seeing someone open carrying a rifle or pistol or even a damn tank down the road is just as normal as seeing someone bicycling or smoking a cigar or any of the many things regular people do every day.

So, you would put your life and the lives of your family in the hands of these two?

That's nuts.

Speaking of nuts, grow a pair.

cartoon20080713.gif

Forum List

Back