Oregon raises min wage

And to answer the OP's question... Yes, the usual suspects will screech the same 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite they've always screeched when it's proposed we take care of our struggling workers a little better.

And as usual, the sky won't fall. Oregon took a bold step here. Oregonians should be very proud. Now it's time for the rest of the country to follow suit.

Not so fast. Give it about five to ten years to see the ramifications of this huge increase. Then decide if that's what we want all across the country. Why do you think they phase these increases slowly? If it's so great, why not just increase minimum wage all at once?

I'll leave you to think about that one for a while.

The only ones who don't wanna help our struggling workers out, are the same ole greedy hateful white Republican dudes. And their numbers are dwindling. Their influence is waning.

Meanwhile who controls Congress?

And to answer the OP's question... Yes, the usual suspects will screech the same 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite they've always screeched when it's proposed we take care of our struggling workers a little better.

And as usual, the sky won't fall. Oregon took a bold step here. Oregonians should be very proud. Now it's time for the rest of the country to follow suit.

Not so fast. Give it about five to ten years to see the ramifications of this huge increase. Then decide if that's what we want all across the country. Why do you think they phase these increases slowly? If it's so great, why not just increase minimum wage all at once?

The only ones who don't wanna help our struggling workers out, are the same ole greedy hateful white Republican dudes. And their numbers are dwindling. Their influence is waning.

They know their influence is waning. The pitchforks are out. They don't have the balls to stand up there and say they aren't willing to help struggling American Workers out. Like to see em try it though. We'll see what it gets em.

They know their influence is waning. The pitchforks are out. They don't have the balls to stand up there and say they aren't willing to help struggling American Workers out. Like to see em try it though. We'll see what it gets em.

I've been hearing that shit since I've been on forums, roughly 11 years, get some new material and stop listening to MSNBC and reading StinkProgress

Only in your mind. I guess you must have fallen asleep when the Republicans first took over Congress, then later expanded their majority while at the same time, taking over the Senate and Governorships across the country.

Politicians are not supposed to help the struggling worker out. Politicians are supposed to govern. The people that are supposed to help the struggling worker out are the struggling workers. It is they that need to learn a skill or get an education. It is they that need to try harder at the job they have. It is they who have to stop having children before they can afford them.

When minimum wage goes up drastically, all wages increase. Then those people you supposedly helped are right back where they started from because yes, they are making more money, but everything else around them costs more as well. Within a few years, it's a zero sum gain.

I just don't get how you people can't understand this simple concept. It's the same thing that happened during the big union days. Now where are jobs today? They are in foreign countries.

Maybe, but many others do want to start a business and will surly avoid that state. Who can blame them? Why do you think we lost most of our manufacturing to foreign entities? That's right, wages and regulations.

So I own Ray's Widget company, and I'm looking to expand my operations in the US. I am going to employ about 500 people. Do I move to a state where they use the federal minimum wage, or do I move to a place like Oregon where it's going to cost me an extra couple of million for wages and benefits?

The choice is pretty simple, especially if I have stock holders to keep happy.

Keeping stockholders happy keeps your widget company hiring child labor and negates fire regulations?

Levi Strauss did that, but they now have their name on a stadium!

Maybe, but many others do want to start a business and will surly avoid that state. Who can blame them? Why do you think we lost most of our manufacturing to foreign entities? That's right, wages and regulations.

So I own Ray's Widget company, and I'm looking to expand my operations in the US. I am going to employ about 500 people. Do I move to a state where they use the federal minimum wage, or do I move to a place like Oregon where it's going to cost me an extra couple of million for wages and benefits?

Keeping stockholders happy keeps your widget company hiring child labor and negates fire regulations?

Levi Strauss did that, but they now have their name on a stadium!

What does minimum wage have to do with child labor and fire regulations?

Oh.......that's right. Every time a leftist wants to make some sort of point, they always use the most extreme to try and do it.

!

Who's doing that? Be specific, cough up some names

I've been hearing that shit since I've been on forums, roughly 11 years, get some new material and stop listening to MSNBC and reading StinkProgress

The Minimum Wage issue will come to a head eventually. And i really don't think the greedy Republican folks in Congress have the balls to tell American Workers to go to hell. I would think they know better.

We'll see. The Minimum Wage issue will come to a head eventually. And i doubt the greedy Republican folks in Congress will put up much a fight.

The Minimum Wage issue will come to a head eventually. And i really don't think the greedy Republican folks in Congress have the balls to tell American Workers to go to hell. I would think they know better.

More StinkProgress and MSNBC....the conservatives are going nowhere anytime soon, you're dreaming

Only in your mind. I guess you must have fallen asleep when the Republicans first took over Congress, then later expanded their majority while at the same time, taking over the Senate and Governorships across the country.

Politicians are not supposed to help the struggling worker out. Politicians are supposed to govern. The people that are supposed to help the struggling worker out are the struggling workers. It is they that need to learn a skill or get an education. It is they that need to try harder at the job they have. It is they who have to stop having children before they can afford them.

When minimum wage goes up drastically, all wages increase. Then those people you supposedly helped are right back where they started from because yes, they are making more money, but everything else around them costs more as well. Within a few years, it's a zero sum gain.

I just don't get how you people can't understand this simple concept. It's the same thing that happened during the big union days. Now where are jobs today? They are in foreign countries.

We'll see if your boys tell American Workers to go to hell. We'll see if they have the balls. They do it at their own peril. They better think it through.

We'll see. The Minimum Wage issue will come to a head eventually. And i doubt the greedy Republican folks in Congress will put up much a fight.

More StinkProgress and MSNBC....the conservatives are going nowhere anytime soon, you're dreaming

What is Conservativism? Is it only about helping wealthy Corporate Elites who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves?

Let me fill you in on some information here:

Minimum wage workers in the US are about 3% of our workforce. Most of them are retirees looking for something to do or for extra money while others are under the voting age or in college earning extra money.

Nobody would be hurt in Congress by refusing to increase minimum wage. Much like your fantasy about Republicans nearing their end, it doesn't exist except in your mind.

What is Conservativism? Is it only about helping wealthy Corporate Elites who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves?

Wealthy corporate elites don't need help from anybody. Only those that insist government force employers to overpay employees that aren't worth a crap are the ones that need help.

Why wait "five to ten years to see the ramifications" many states have had a higher minimum wage for years and years...
If you ever wondered why Southern States' economies are worse than the rest of the country, the below map exposes one of the reasons.

Oregon lawmakers approve landmark minimum wage increase

I wonder if the same idiots that whine now about the min wage sound like the idiots that whined the apocalypse was going to happen when it was raised to its current wage.....anyways good for Oregon residents,maybe now they can make ends meet a little better.
The arguments over min wage are always so simplistic. Such moves are unlikely to affect the McDs of the world, they do often impact the small corner Tony's pizza shop. Of course Tony will never be counted.

Another point is the idea that because it works in Portland Oregon it will have the same effect in Hog Wallow Mississippi. Different cost of living, different economic climate. The one size fits all concept seldom results in equal results.

Ah, increasing the minimum wage. Just another example of how liberals and conservatives alike are equally stupid in their own unique ways.

I wonder if the same idiots that whine now about the min wage sound like the idiots that whined the apocalypse was going to happen when it was raised to its current wage.....anyways good for Oregon residents,maybe now they can make ends meet a little better.
Company's will start moving out of Oregon and reconsider moving there...

No reason for them to move as the ball has started rolling already. It's just a matter of time until other states begin to follow.

Company's will start moving out of Oregon and reconsider moving there...

No reason for them to move as the ball has started rolling already. It's just a matter of time until other states begin to follow.
meme121.jpg

Oregon raises min wage

The lowlife filth scum liberals in Oregon wouldn't have to raise the minimum wage if they weren't taxing the poor with a whopping 9% income tax OH SNAP!!

Wrong!
OH
SNAP yourself, if you need it (giggle!), minimum wage/poor workers don't pay a 9% income tax, that is-----that is unless Oregon's minimum wage is equal to $249K and even that # may very well be an adjusted income.

Forum List

Back