Orlando attack proves that LGBT people should carry a weapon everywhere they go

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
If I was a member of a group that had a chance of being attacked on the street simply because I belonged to that group, I would open carry at all times to deter attacks.

And for the same reason, any LGBT-oriented establishment should allow its customers to open carry, even if they serve alcohol.

If there are state laws creating "gun free zones" in places where alcohol are served (Florida has such a law) then these laws should be struck down as unconstitutional, because not only do they violate the Second Amendment, they create a place where one man with a weapon may kill with impunity. That is why mass shootings almost always occur in schools, universities, and other places where guns are not allowed by state law.

I love these people. Not only have they kicked ass in court to win major battles for gun rights but they've been trying to get the word out for ages about the need for LGBT community to get their shit together and learn to protect themselves.

Great quote from them:

“We teach queers to shoot. Then we teach others that we have done so,” their website states.

Armed queers don’t get bashed.

We change the public perception of the sexual minorities, such that those who have in the past perceived them as safe targets for violence and hateful acts — beatings, assaults, rapes, murders — will realize that that now, a segment of the sexual minority population is now armed and effective with those arms.

Those arms are also concealed, so they do not know which ones are safe to attack, and which are not…which they can harm as they have in the past, and which may draw a weapon and fight back."

Rest at link with their legal victories. Gun Talk which is a great radio program has had them on. I really hope they start to get more media attention from conservative outlets because they are freaking amazing.

A Gay-Friendly Shooting Club Just Won This Big Gun Rights Victory In DC
May 19, 2016 By Bre Payton

A Gay-Friendly Shooting Club Just Won Big Gun Rights Victory

"Orlando attack proves that LGBT people should carry a weapon everywhere they go"

No, it doesn’t ‘prove’ any such thing.

Gay and transgender American have the same right as anyone else to carry a concealed firearm for personal protection pursuant to the right to self-defense.

But the notion that every gay American should go about ‘armed’ is ridiculous, extreme, and unfeasible.

The ‘solution’ is not ‘armed gay Americans.’

The solution is for government to seek to protect the rights of all gay and transgender Americans, not seek to disadvantage them through force of law, such as in North Carolina.

Indeed, such laws are perceived by bigots as giving them ‘license’ to hate gay and transgender Americans – the same hate that motivated the Orlando murderer to commit his crime.

We can hope that something good comes out of this tragic event, where citizens will come to acknowledge the hate represented by anti-transgender laws such as in North Carolina, leading to their appropriate and timely repeal.

Since the FBI and local law enforcement do not communicate until after a Muslim shoots up a location, gun shops around the country need to join Muslim Free Zone shops in denying any sales to Muslims.

Forum List

Back