Other than family, what causes racism?

Ya, can anyone tell us a benefit from the black community?

What causes racism,stupid jealous "greyboys",who cant get enough of their "me,me,me".

Obviously, those born into racist families will likely grow up racist, but what other causes cause it? Thinking on it, since racists object to those who look different (indeed, Hitler made reference to how gypsies and orthodox Jews dressed "not assimilating into German culture" as one of his complaints) just as young children do in school making fun of the kid with glasses, or dressed poorly, or other overt differences from the majority, are racists therefore mentally retarded by the sheer fact of being racist? Obviously if their mental development ceased as young children, and they still single-out those who merely look different for persecution, is that not the behaviuour of someone clinically retarded?

Institutional racism, the system, some religions, bio power politics.

Obviously, those born into racist families will likely grow up racist, but what other causes cause it? Thinking on it, since racists object to those who look different (indeed, Hitler made reference to how gypsies and orthodox Jews dressed "not assimilating into German culture" as one of his complaints) just as young children do in school making fun of the kid with glasses, or dressed poorly, or other overt differences from the majority, are racists therefore mentally retarded by the sheer fact of being racist? Obviously if their mental development ceased as young children, and they still single-out those who merely look different for persecution, is that not the behaviuour of someone clinically retarded?

What is your definition of "institutional racism"?

What religions causes racism?

What the hell is bio power politics?

I'm assuming "the system" refers to the U.S. government.

The system can be global, institutional racism is experienced globally in some areas more than others.

Institutional racism : Institutional racism describes any kind of system of inequality based on race.

Previously ,The Latter day saints for instance barred black people from joining their church.
Currently, the nation of Islam.

Bio-power regulates humans as a commodity, people are measured by statistics , production and reproduction value, health, heredity, power over human biology of others.

The system can be global, institutional racism is experienced globally in some areas more than others.

Institutional racism : Institutional racism describes any kind of system of inequality based on race.

Previously ,The Latter day saints for instance barred black people from joining their church.

Bio-power regulates humans as a commodity, people are measured by statistics , production and reproduction value, health, heredity, power over human biology of others.

Fair enough. Though I'm still unclear on how "the system", "bio-power and the religions you mentioned cause racism. The religions you mentioned appears to be the result not the cause of racism.

Other than family, what causes racism? Affirmative Action - Promoting one person over another due to race and not merit.
How about Forced Integration? Busing kids from neighborhood schools to other schools to balance the racial lines.

Last edited:

Fair enough. Though I'm still unclear on how "the system", "bio-power and the religions you mentioned cause racism. The religions you mentioned appears to be the result not the cause of racism.

No, if the teachings are that God made one race superior over the rest, that would be indoctrination. The result would be how to behave because of the teaching.

Racism is the belief that ones own race is genetically superior to another. Most statements and observations that are deemed racist, however, have nothing to do with race but a perception of culture. Racism in the US largely does not exist to any great extent.

A racist statement = The brains of white people are bigger than that of blacks, and thus, whites are superior.

A cultural observation = Blacks tend to be more violent than whites.

A cultural observation is not racist but a perceived cultural trait, value, or instance backed up with events that have been largely known to happen. Most racial stereotypes are in fact cultural stereotypes. The reason they are called racist is not because they are, but because of the political power of the word "racist." Thus, we are less prone to make cultural observations for fear that someone may call us racist.

Every white family ought to give their children this talk at one point or another >>>> http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_nonblack_version_john_derbyshire/print#axzz2pjuKgHuq

Last edited:

If you are really interested you can do some research on bio-power ad institutional racism.

But for instance when we regulate people as a commodity, we place a value on who is more viable and has a higher value based on their biology.

For instance a soldier is a high commodity but if he/she loses their legs in combat they now are stigmatized and have less value in society according to bio-power.

In human trafficking one race may be preferred over another, people may be willing to pay more money for a particular age or race of a human being they want to have sex with.

These are just some examples.

If I wasn't so busy this week I would spend more time on it.

But I was really just answering the original post question.

My opinion is there are a lot of factors and it is not limited to family upbringing.

No, if the teachings are that God made one race superior over the rest, that would be indoctrination. The result would be how to behave because of the teaching.

"If" is a word that means absolutely nothing.

Try sticking to the facts. Are there teachings that God made one race superior over another?

If so, then I'd like to see chapter and verse.

If you are really interested you can do some research on bio-power ad institutional racism.

But for instance when we regulate people as a commodity, we place a value on who is more viable and has a higher value based on their biology.

For instance a soldier is a high commodity but if he/she loses their legs in combat they now are stigmatized and have less value in society according to bio-power.

In human trafficking one race may be preferred over another, people may be willing to pay more money for a particular age or race of a human being they want to have sex with.

My opinion is there are a lot of factors and it is not limited to family upbringing.

Your speaking nonsense.

A soldier is no less valuable because he is injured. He still gets the same full benefits of an able bodied veteran.

Human trafficking is illegal in just about every place in the world.

Your examples are as weak as your argument.

Nothing objective can be racist. Racism requires subjectivity as a condition. I'm not going to hire a veteran in a wheelchair to become a logger. That's an objective assessment, not a subjective one. Likewise a human trafficker is making an objective decision to traffic one race/age over another due to the amount of money he will receive.

Last edited:

Nothing objective can be racist. Racism requires subjectivity as a condition. I'm not going to hire a veteran in a wheelchair to become a logger. That's an objective assessment, not a subjective one. Likewise a human trafficker is making an objective decision to traffic one race over another due to the amount of money he will receive.

Bio power can regulate humans as a commodity which in some countries and institutions will place a value on one race over another.

The example of the disabled person was my response in explaining how bio-power works in answer to a poster's inquiry, it's not limited to racism.

If people were not viewed in terms of production, commodity terms, or an economic value then there is no reason why a disabled person could not be accommodated in some fashion to work his or her passion even in logging.

The reason why no accommodation's would be made is because it is not economically profitable it would be time consuming and possibly require others to have to assist.

Still it could be done just not likely in a society that measures value of humans in commodity terms.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Foucault but I can see some validity in his bio-power and bio-politics presentations.

The emerging question is, following the features of an old sovereign power, how
will the power to kill and the function of murder operate in this new technology of power,
which is „by definition‟ life-prone? How can the power of death be exercised in a
political system governed by biopower? „Given that this power‟s objective is essentially
to make live, how can it let die?‟ (Foucault 2003a: 254). How possibly the power, which
has life as an imperative, allowed that „wars were never as bloody as they have been since
the nineteenth century‟? (Foucault 1990: 136) Put in words of Julian Reid – what form
does life take when peace is no longer its foundation, but its enemy? (2008: 30).
This is the point when Foucault put forward a controversial conceptualization,
which will establish great paradox and crisis of political modernity. (Reid 2008: 15) In
order to explain why the biopower system essentially did not quit on right to kill and
warring, Foucault introduces the concept of racism as „a way of introducing break into the
domain of life that is under power‟s control: the break between what we must live and
what must die. […] It is a way of separating out the groups that exist within a population‟.
(Foucault 2003a: 254, 255).
Foucault is well aware that racism existed long before, but he stands that it might
have functioned differently. Now, with the emergence of biopower, racism got inscribed
as the basic mechanism of power of the modern States (Foucault 2003a: 254), ironically,
exercised for benefit and in name of life and survival. „If genocide is indeed the dream of
modern powers, this is not because of a recent return to the ancient right to kill; it is
because power is situated and exercised at the level of life, the species, the race, and the
large-scale phenomena of population‟ (Foucault 1990: 137)

http://is.muni.cz/th/236868/fss_b/Bachelor_Thesis.pdf

Biopower and Racism Are the Means by Which the State Exercises Death and Extermination

http://anthropos-lab.net/wp/publications/2007/01/rabinow-rose.pdf

Nothing objective can be racist. Racism requires subjectivity as a condition. I'm not going to hire a veteran in a wheelchair to become a logger. That's an objective assessment, not a subjective one. Likewise a human trafficker is making an objective decision to traffic one race over another due to the amount of money he will receive.

Bio power can regulate humans as a commodity which in some countries and institutions will place a value on one race over another.

The example of the disabled person was my response in explaining how bio-power works in answer to a poster's inquiry, it's not limited to racism.

If people were not viewed in terms of production, commodity terms, or an economic value then there is no reason why a disabled person could not be accommodated in some fashion to work his or her passion even in logging.

The reason why no accommodation's would be made is because it is not economically profitable it would be time consuming and possibly require others to have to assist.

Still it could be done just not likely in a society that measures value of humans in commodity terms.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Foucault but I can see some validity in his bio-power and bio-politics presentations.

will the power to kill and the function of murder operate in this new technology of power,
which is „by definition‟ life-prone? How can the power of death be exercised in a
political system governed by biopower? „Given that this power‟s objective is essentially
to make live, how can it let die?‟ (Foucault 2003a: 254). How possibly the power, which
has life as an imperative, allowed that „wars were never as bloody as they have been since
the nineteenth century‟? (Foucault 1990: 136) Put in words of Julian Reid – what form
does life take when peace is no longer its foundation, but its enemy? (2008: 30).
which will establish great paradox and crisis of political modernity. (Reid 2008: 15) In
order to explain why the biopower system essentially did not quit on right to kill and
warring, Foucault introduces the concept of racism as „a way of introducing break into the
domain of life that is under power‟s control: the break between what we must live and
what must die. […] It is a way of separating out the groups that exist within a population‟.
Foucault is well aware that racism existed long before, but he stands that it might
have functioned differently. Now, with the emergence of biopower, racism got inscribed
as the basic mechanism of power of the modern States (Foucault 2003a: 254), ironically,
exercised for benefit and in name of life and survival. „If genocide is indeed the dream of
modern powers, this is not because of a recent return to the ancient right to kill; it is
because power is situated and exercised at the level of life, the species, the race, and the

Biopower and Racism Are the Means by Which the State Exercises Death and Extermination

Having a disparate impact likewise does not indicate racism. Markets are objective. Racism does not belong in the above analysis.

Last edited:

Having a disparate impact likewise does not indicate racism. Markets are objective. Racism does not belong in the above analysis.

You can disagree with bio-power I think foucault is credible :)

Forum List

Back