Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

Just who exactly is The Government?

It's easy to attack something so generalized when one has to look closer to home.

Did YOU vote in the last local election? The Primary?

Did YOU go to the trouble to examine the background of local and judicial candidates? And the various initiatives and propositions?

Did YOU get involved in your political party at the local level?

Did YOU bother to make your views known to your local government representative? Or county? Or state? Or federal?

So, instead of swatting at flies, why don't you get involved and do something at the local government level?

:eusa_whistle:
Actually, I wish it was that easy, but those pesky parasites call lobbyists get in the way.

YOU are a "lobbyist" every time you contact your representative!

:lol: I just don't carry the clout with my pocket book as the professional lobbyists, money talks. But, I think you knew that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ame®icano;8473805 said:
Seventh grade level work. Maybe 8th.

You're so right. It's absolute drivel. Nothing new at all. The government has been and does regulate a great deal. He mentions no new regulations whatsoever, though some may be somewhat different than before. And little kids do not need government permission to sell lemonade in their front yard. As well, the govenment is not regulating religion via legalized abortion. If you don't want an abortion, the government is not going to make you get one. Yep, 7th grade level drivel.

Interesting... liberals have no problem with government regulations only when government regulating other then liberal agenda.

Jerkoff....you are reading shit that is not there. My comment was on the juvenile writing style.

I have a pet peeve. When people write things in a childish manner and present it as though it is some kind of scholarly theseis.

The OP is BELOW GRADE LEVEL for adult Americans who are self described politicos. It is embarrassing.

I have to ask Tampon, just how much interaction is he having with government on a daily basis, because the way he is carrying on, you'd think there's a guy in a trenchcoat outside his house monitoring him.

Frankly, other than paying taxes once a year, or the occassional traffic stop, my interaction with the government is pretty limited, and I think that applies to most people. Most of what government does is provide services quietly.

Now, yeah, what the NSA is doing is pretty out of hand and wasteful, because it accomplished nothing, and Obama needed to fix it a long time ago.

But I worry a lot more about a loon like Templar with a gun and without medication than I do the government.
Government intrusion doesn't bother the unaware, but Big Brother, indeed, is everywhere. For example, Under the Contract Clause (Article I, section 10), no state shall pass a "Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts," but in 1934, the Supreme Court began allowing states to interfere in contractual obligations. In Home Building & Loan Association v. Blaisdell, the Court held that a Minnesota law prohibiting banks from foreclosing mortgages that were in default did not violate the Constitution. Since then, the government's been injecting itself routinely in private contracts, a glaring example being its interference in employer/employee contracts. Surely you have a job or have had one.

Contractual violations barely scratch the surface of the government's extra-Constitutional intrusions. With minimal research, even skeptics like you should find more.

The government even monitors what we eat and drink (did you know it even restricts the amount of sugar ketchup makers can add to their product? You want your ketchup a little sweeter? Too bad. Uncle Sam says no.).

Organ donations, inflation, property ownership, self defense, who we sleep with, even whether we can go to Canada for experimental drugs. On and on. Government monitors or controls so much in our lives - and so much that is unconstitutional. If you don't know these things, you really do have your head in the sand.

I have to ask Tampon, just how much interaction is he having with government on a daily basis, because the way he is carrying on, you'd think there's a guy in a trenchcoat outside his house monitoring him.

Frankly, other than paying taxes once a year, or the occassional traffic stop, my interaction with the government is pretty limited, and I think that applies to most people. Most of what government does is provide services quietly.

Now, yeah, what the NSA is doing is pretty out of hand and wasteful, because it accomplished nothing, and Obama needed to fix it a long time ago.

But I worry a lot more about a loon like Templar with a gun and without medication than I do the government.
Government intrusion doesn't bother the unaware, but Big Brother, indeed, is everywhere. For example, Under the Contract Clause (Article I, section 10), no state shall pass a "Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts," but in 1934, the Supreme Court began allowing states to interfere in contractual obligations. In Home Building & Loan Association v. Blaisdell, the Court held that a Minnesota law prohibiting banks from foreclosing mortgages that were in default did not violate the Constitution. Since then, the government's been injecting itself routinely in private contracts, a glaring example being its interference in employer/employee contracts. Surely you have a job or have had one.

Contractual violations barely scratch the surface of the government's extra-Constitutional intrusions. With minimal research, even skeptics like you should find more.

The government even monitors what we eat and drink (did you know it even restricts the amount of sugar ketchup makers can add to their product? You want your ketchup a little sweeter? Too bad. Uncle Sam says no.).

Organ donations, inflation, property ownership, self defense, who we sleep with, even whether we can go to Canada for experimental drugs. On and on. Government monitors or controls so much in our lives - and so much that is unconstitutional. If you don't know these things, you really do have your head in the sand.
And why people haven't raised holy Hell against the intrusions is beyond me.

60% of all Americans (conservatives and liberals combined) believe that the government has too much power:
government_too_much_power.jpg

Perception and reality often have nothing to do with each other.

I agree. If they did, there would be 100% of Americans who believed that government has too much power
Indeed. And they've been bribed with their own money in the form of taxes taken from them and their fellow citizens.

Where u at, soldier? Hunkered down?

Ame®icano;8473805 said:
You're so right. It's absolute drivel. Nothing new at all. The government has been and does regulate a great deal. He mentions no new regulations whatsoever, though some may be somewhat different than before. And little kids do not need government permission to sell lemonade in their front yard. As well, the govenment is not regulating religion via legalized abortion. If you don't want an abortion, the government is not going to make you get one. Yep, 7th grade level drivel.

Interesting... liberals have no problem with government regulations only when government regulating other then liberal agenda.

Jerkoff....you are reading shit that is not there. My comment was on the juvenile writing style.

I have a pet peeve. When people write things in a childish manner and present it as though it is some kind of scholarly theseis.

The OP is BELOW GRADE LEVEL for adult Americans who are self described politicos. It is embarrassing.
No CUMQUAT...it's all over this thread. Or are you afraid YOU are having your tactics used against YOU? Hmmm?

Where u at, soldier? Hunkered down?
USAF 10 years...rated MARKSMAN...and what of it CUMQUAT?

Indoctrination. The frog in the boiling water. Government schools.

Liberalism and democracy (if very gradually) can easily consume a republic. People are ignorant.

Indoctrination. The frog in the boiling water. Government schools.

Liberalism and democracy (if very gradually) can easily consume a republic. People are ignorant.
You said it brother...AMEN!

Really? Why would you be focused on some passages more than others?

You tell me. You seem to have picked one part to focus on more than another, and I cannot see any compelling reason to adopt your perspective, other than it being the one you prefer. Well enough, in and of itself. But if you're going to pick the one you prefer, then any other person can do so with equal validity. On their own, neither one is more or less controlling for a "strict" reading of the constitution. On the other hand, taking into account historical and circumstantial context we can eliminate those kind of subjective considerations.

The writer mentioned militia; so it stands to reason that the militia was the reason for keeping arms.

That does not mean that militia service is a necessity for the same. In any event, we must be mindful that ultimately, the reason for the entire constitution and bill of rights was to protect the people from the potential for government to become tyrannical. Understanding that, an individual right to keep and bear arms is an extremely important part to accomplishing that goal. As demonstrated by our own history.

Again, if you want to have a howitzer...go ahead but you have to be part of a militia according to the Constitution. This means that when the duly elected Congress and President want to send you somewhere, you go.

You just can't seem to understand the difference between a militia and a standing army.

Now obviously, at the time of writing, we barely had a standing army much less a well-regulated one; now we do so we can all sit here and make fun of one another on a message board.

That does not matter. The 2nd amendment remains in effect, with the same effect.

USAF 10 years...rated MARKSMAN...and what of it CUMQUAT?

Oh! Scary!

Where u at now? You want to raise some hell? Or....are you waiting for someone else to do it for you?
Anytime, ANYWHERE shit for brains.

Get lost.

You idiot. I am asking you why you are not out raising hell.

This keyboard warrior thing you do is cute. PM me your real name and address and maybe we can meet sometime for lunch.

Government has overstepped it's place as per the Constitution, as the PEOPLE have forgotten their place as to their duty to keep government in check, as the Founders warned. As I stated earlier to another poster? It's MUTUAL.

Maybe it is time to get rid of ALL those IN the government and get fresh new faces.

Maybe it is time to get rid of ALL those IN the government and get fresh new faces.
I am ALL in. The District of Criminals is OVERDUE for a refresh...REBOOT...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
~ Thomas Jefferson

TRUE.

You are all in your living room.

Blood? You might see blood when you check your sugar.

Forum List

Back