Out of touch with reality

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Ok the dems get soundly trashed in the election losing the Senate by a large number and the republicans gain even more seats in the house and Obama claims that proves the American people want the Republicans to compromise with him? The left on this board claims the same. What fantasy world do you people live in?

What drugs are you taking?

They have no integrity and no dignity to admit when they were wrong.

I don't even think it's drugs as much as I like to kiddingly say the same thing. I just think many of them have low IQs.

It's kinda pathetic actually.
You have to wonder what goes on in the mind of a liberal to have the gall to even insinuate this is anything but a sound rejection of obama and his policies.
Personally I would be embarrassed to even attempt such spin.

When Obama controlled both the Senate and the House - "I won", "They can come along, but they have to ride in the back of the bus".

After Obama loses control of both the Senate and the House - "Let's all work together".

Are you all saying that the new GOP majority in the Senate and the sustained majority in the House should try to ram through a GOP agenda regardless of what the President thinks and shouldn't compromise when they have their inevitable disagreements?

Are you all saying that the new GOP majority in the Senate and the sustained majority in the House should try to ram through a GOP agenda regardless of what the President thinks and shouldn't compromise when they have their inevitable disagreements?

Of course not. They should act like statesmen and relentlessly educate the people on what they're doing and why. They should also use the president's arrogance and bullheadedness against him by crafting commonsense, bipartisan legislation and forcing him to either get on board or veto and explain why to the people. Classic example, Obama wants to legalize illegal aliens. 70%+ of the American people don't want to legalize illegal aliens. Therefore, it would behoove them to craft legislation that the people want, such as strengthening the borders and letting those already here apply for citizenship just like everyone who is doing it legally and go to the back of the line. Plop that on Obama's desk and make him deal with it. Another example, most people do NOT like many aspects of obamadon'tcare. Therefore, they should craft bipartisan legislation gutting those aspects and plop it on Obama's desk. Again, make him defend unpopular decisions with the backing of the people. Republicans always compromise. Obama doesn't.

Are you at all aware that such was exactly what the dems did for the first two years of Obamas administration....and Obama has done with EO and EP since the house went GOP?

Are you also not aware that there are over 300 bills on Reids desk that were passed by the house...many of them with bipartisan support....but were never brought up for a vote by Leader Reid?

Of course not. They should act like statesmen and relentlessly educate the people on what they're doing and why. They should also use the president's arrogance and bullheadedness against him by crafting commonsense, bipartisan legislation and forcing him to either get on board or veto and explain why to the people. Classic example, Obama wants to legalize illegal aliens. 70%+ of the American people don't want to legalize illegal aliens. Therefore, it would behoove them to craft legislation that the people want, such as strengthening the borders and letting those already here apply for citizenship just like everyone who is doing it legally and go to the back of the line. Plop that on Obama's desk and make him deal with it. Another example, most people do NOT like many aspects of obamadon'tcare. Therefore, they should craft bipartisan legislation gutting those aspects and plop it on Obama's desk. Again, make him defend unpopular decisions with the backing of the people. Republicans always compromise. Obama doesn't.

Thats the right way of course.
But I still want to treat obama like he treated Republicans.

You summed it up.

Remember, the election was not about the Dem candidates, it was about Obama and his policies.

That's what he said, not me.

I have a question, why would you want Hillary, an old school crone with a dismal record, instead of a new face, like Elizabeth Warren?

You know the Clintons were not able to carry but one candidate they campaigned for, and both the Carter and the Nunn lost is GA.

Nobody really wants those names; and Jeb should note this too.

Thats the right way of course.
But I still want to treat obama like he treated Republicans.

Part of me would like to see that, but the long term is what I'm more concerned about. They are in a unique position where they can make Obama extremely toxic to the democrats, and strengthen their position for '16. Then, if he triangulates like Bubba did, they actually get a lot done and again, strengthen their position for '16.

You summed it up.

Remember, the election was not about the Dem candidates, it was about Obama and his policies.

I have a question, why would you want Hillary, an old school crone with a dismal record, instead of a new face, like Elizabeth Warren?

You know the Clintons were not able to carry but one candidate they campaigned for, and both the Carter and the Nunn lost is GA.

I'll be happy to compare Clinton's resume/record with anyone on the GOP side.

Let's see what happens in 16 if the gop doesn't compromise. And I don't even like Obama, but he plays the TPM like cheap tricks.
WTF? If people wanted Obama's agenda, then why didn't they vote for Democrats?

What kind of "logic" are you employing here? The voters sent Republicans to DC in order to further implement Obama's vision? Why would voters do that?

You summed it up.

I'll be happy to compare Clinton's resume/record with anyone on the GOP side.
We don't have any comparables. No one who rode the coattails of her husband into office and then achieved spectacular failure in all she undertook.

Let's see what happens in 16 if the gop doesn't compromise. And I don't even like Obama, but he plays the TPM like cheap tricks.

What kind of "logic" are you employing here? The voters sent Republicans to DC in order to further implement Obama's vision? Why would voters do that?
Well, we'll see won't we? McConnell seems willing to compromise. Let's see what happens if Boehner continues to refuse to bring up immigration for a vote. The 2016 campaign just began.

Ok the dems get soundly trashed in the election losing the Senate by a large number and the republicans gain even more seats in the house and Obama claims that proves the American people want the Republicans to compromise with him? The left on this board claims the same. What fantasy world do you people live in?

What drugs are you taking?

No drugs.....Its the typical response from the party that lost you ignorant moron.

Are you at all aware that such was exactly what the dems did for the first two years of Obamas administration....and Obama has done with EO and EP since the house went GOP?
Yes.
Are you also not aware that there are over 300 bills on Reids desk that were passed by the house...many of them with bipartisan support....but were never brought up for a vote by Leader Reid?
Yes.

Well, we'll see won't we? McConnell seems willing to compromise. Let's see what happens if Boehner continues to refuse to bring up immigration for a vote. The 2016 campaign just began.

The Democrats are already having to contend with whites fleeing the party, so you think that amnestying 20 million illegal infiltrators and privileging them over American whites is going to help Democrats win back the white vote? Whites are already pissed off with the demographic transformation that liberals have inflicted on society, so I really doubt that amnesty is going to go well for Democrats vis a vis white voters.

Forum List

Back