Out of touch with reality

This discussion goes off the rails before it begins because USMB nutters refuse to acknowledge that the POTUS did everything possible to try to work with the GOP......and to compromise from day one.

It's what happens when you don't accept reality. You fail to grasp what is likely to occur down the road.

Of course the American people want compromise in Washington. It's not even debatable.

Could you give us one ... just one ... example "... that the POTUS did everything possible to try to work with the GOP"?

We'll wait ...

If I do......what will you do in return? Apologize, perhaps? Vow to never again claim that this POTUS never compromises?

President Obama = President Compromise

Someday....maybe....some of you will try a little honesty.
Ya lets see, Obama announced he did not need republicans in 2009. He said he did not need republicans for his health care bill in 2010. He and Reid shit canned 350 bills from the Republican house with out even sending them to committee, At the super committee he got everything he asked for from Republicans and then demanded more causing the committee to fail. He campaigned this season on making this election about HIS agenda and soundly lost. Sure thing Obama has sure tried to compromise.

Blah.....blah...RW fucking talking point....blah....blah!

Get a new tune.
You can not defend nor refute what happened yet you pretend otherwise and then try to dismiss it. Obama has NEVER tried to compromise on anything. And the historical record proves it. I cited examples for you, prove them wrong.

Ya lets see, Obama announced he did not need republicans in 2009. He said he did not need republicans for his health care bill in 2010. He and Reid shit canned 350 bills from the Republican house with out even sending them to committee, At the super committee he got everything he asked for from Republicans and then demanded more causing the committee to fail. He campaigned this season on making this election about HIS agenda and soundly lost. Sure thing Obama has sure tried to compromise.

Get a new tune.
You can not defend nor refute what happened yet you pretend otherwise and then try to dismiss it. Obama has NEVER tried to compromise on anything. And the historical record proves it. I cited examples for you, prove them wrong.

You didn't do shit. Your bar for evidence is frighteningly low.

Obama has consistently compromised on a range of issues....big and small.

Ok the dems get soundly trashed in the election losing the Senate by a large number and the republicans gain even more seats in the house and Obama claims that proves the American people want the Republicans to compromise with him? The left on this board claims the same. What fantasy world do you people live in?

What drugs are you taking?
dems started using the drug hopey and changey in 2008 the effect still hasn't warn off on some.

You summed it up.

Remember, the election was not about the Dem candidates, it was about Obama and his policies.

That's what he said, not me.

I have a question, why would you want Hillary, an old school crone with a dismal record, instead of a new face, like Elizabeth Warren?

You know the Clintons were not able to carry but one candidate they campaigned for, and both the Carter and the Nunn lost is GA.

Nobody really wants those names; and Jeb should note this too.

I'll be happy to compare Clinton's resume/record with anyone on the GOP side.

OK, let's start with how many blow jobs did Clinton get in the Oval Office compared to anyone on the GOP side?

Seriously, compare the number of bills passed by the Congress that Clinton sign compared to how many Obama signed. And I don't mean bills that named a post office, but substantial bills, such as a budget instead of a continuing resolution. I really don't know, but just wonder if you do.

Last edited:

Get a new tune.

And yet you can not refute a single one of my examples.

Get a new tune.

And yet you can not refute a single one of my examples.

The facts refute your talking points. I'm not going to spend time reciting facts AGAIN on all of that shit. You assholes run your traps with a string of obvious bullshit and then claim a win when nobody feels like wasting time on you.

Let's try another method.

Can you find me one example of Obama compromising with the GOP? Just one?

I don't agree there. Obama chose between universal care and his call for more compromise, and chose universal care. It's true that the TPM movement predated the ACA, but Obamacare made things even more contentious. The Right here is saying the gop no longer has any reason to compromise, when nothing could be further from the reality. Obama was rejected because he is seen as much a part of dysfunction as the gop (even though he STILL polls 20 pts higher than the gop congress). After a typical second term, off year bruising election, a potus looks for areas where he can compromise with the other party, and still protects the central tenant of his/her (-: presidency.

No. Obama wanted Single Payer. He COMPROMISED by accepting the ACA plan which is far from single payer. He also caved on the public option.

This isn't debatable.

He compromised with his own Democrat party, not the Republicans.

I don't agree there. Obama chose between universal care and his call for more compromise, and chose universal care. It's true that the TPM movement predated the ACA, but Obamacare made things even more contentious. The Right here is saying the gop no longer has any reason to compromise, when nothing could be further from the reality. Obama was rejected because he is seen as much a part of dysfunction as the gop (even though he STILL polls 20 pts higher than the gop congress). After a typical second term, off year bruising election, a potus looks for areas where he can compromise with the other party, and still protects the central tenant of his/her (-: presidency.

No. Obama wanted Single Payer. He COMPROMISED by accepting the ACA plan which is far from single payer. He also caved on the public option.

This isn't debatable.

That makes no sense. In order to do one....he'd basically have to do the other. Is this too complicated for you?

And.......LOL! You said Democrat party instead of Democratic Party! You are so cool and funny!

This isn't debatable.

That makes no sense. In order to do one....he'd basically have to do the other. Is this too complicated for you?

And.......LOL! You said Democrat party instead of Democratic Party! You are so cool and funny!

The ACA was passed without a single Republican vote, so I find it difficult to accept that Obama compromised with the Republicans. And, I will continue to call them the Democrat Party since they are Democrats and not Democratics. Also because it seems to bother bedwetters!

This isn't debatable.

The ACA was passed without a single Republican vote, so I find it difficult to accept that Obama compromised with the Republicans. And, I will continue to call them the Democrat Party since they are Democrats and not Democratics. Also because it seems to bother bedwetters!

Blah blah no GOP votes..blah blah blah!

Meaningless. They were voting against a plan that they created. Obama was compromising by not insisting on single payer.

Too easy. You are too simple.

This isn't debatable.

Meaningless. They were voting against a plan that they created. Obama was compromising by not insisting on single payer.

I had no idea that the Republicans created the ACA and then not a damned one of them voted for it. How could I possibly have missed that.

This isn't debatable.

I had no idea that the Republicans created the ACA and then not a damned one of them voted for it. How could I possibly have missed that.

It's called politics. Politicians vote against shit they once supported all the time. I'll bet you knew that. You just decided to forget in this case. Typical.

It's called politics. Politicians vote against shit they once supported all the time. I'll bet you knew that. You just decided to forget in this case. Typical.

sure it happens, but far more importantly, in the end Republicans are for freedom from liberal govt. as our Founders were, and Democrats are opposed. Both parties will be as pure as the voters will permit. Do you understand?

I know that you are brain dead if you think that Republicans created the ACA, and you are a complete waste of bandwidth.

The Democrats are already having to contend with whites fleeing the party, so you think that amnestying 20 million illegal infiltrators and privileging them over American whites is going to help Democrats win back the white vote? Whites are already pissed off with the demographic transformation that liberals have inflicted on society, so I really doubt that amnesty is going to go well for Democrats vis a vis white voters.

You pretty much described the Demo M/O but they have no interest in "the white vote." They attract (or create) a large underclass, bestow upon them great gifts from the gov't trough and gather them like so many small coins in their vest pockets. Of course, they also shower themselves and their friends with gifts from that trough.
INEPTOCRACY:
a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely or willing to sustain themselves are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

The Democrats are already having to contend with whites fleeing the party, so you think that amnestying 20 million illegal infiltrators and privileging them over American whites is going to help Democrats win back the white vote? Whites are already pissed off with the demographic transformation that liberals have inflicted on society, so I really doubt that amnesty is going to go well for Democrats vis a vis white voters.

You pretty much described the Demo M/O but they have no interest in "the white vote." They attract (or create) a large underclass, bestow upon them great gifts from the gov't trough and gather them like so many small coins in their vest pockets. Of course, they also shower themselves and their friends with gifts from that trough.
INEPTOCRACY:
a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely or willing to sustain themselves are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Did not work for Rome, will not work here.

Domestic tranquillity cannot be obtained by providing bread and circuses to the masses on money borrowed from enemies.

This isn't debatable.

It's not a compromise when he knew damn well he couldnt get a single payer system past the voters.

I know that you are brain dead if you think that Republicans created the ACA, and you are a complete waste of bandwidth.

well, there was minor Republican involvement like there was minor involvement in the prescription drug bill. But it was preempt liberals who wanted bigger liberal laws. Republicans were defensive about to just get some free markets aspects included.

This discussion goes off the rails before it begins because USMB nutters refuse to acknowledge that the POTUS did everything possible to try to work with the GOP......and to compromise from day one...

Do I take that to mean you believe "My Way or the Highway" is a legit compromise position?
:lmao:

Forum List

Back