🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

No moron, I do not. I never said that I did.

Well, others dont think anything is wrong with what he did. Those are the people I'm referring to.
The investigation will note the suspect assailing the cop with her fists. Unless a cop is repeatedly striking a subject with fist, foot, or rasp, they rarely get cited for excessive force. What will be reviewed is whether or not the officer moved as swiftly and decisively as possible to put the suspect in handcuffs and that he did. Resisting arrest is intrinsically dangerous and until people finally get it that if they resist arrest they'll either die or get hurt, it's going to keep happening.

What video were you watching where someone attacked the cop? Do you mean her neck attacked his forearm?

She was striking him with her right fist. Put on some glasses or get a lasic surgery or something.

She was not. And she was still in her seat. Are you serious? And even if she was, it's called restraint. Not toss and drag, you fucking idiot.
toss and drag was perfect here.

I saw the video already, Sunni Man. It was excessive force. He should have stopped immediately and called for back up.
That's absurd........why should a cop be required to call for back-up in order to arrest 1 belligerent teenage girl? ....... :cuckoo:

Why should the girl be arrested? Since when is bad behavior at school a crime?
Police should not be used to address bad behavior at school.
disturbing the peace. Same as a person at his or her own home. You are not entitled to disturb the peace.

Under SC law, it's called disturbing school. Of the three things considered criteria of meeting that, she met two of them.

No moron, I do not. I never said that I did.

Well, others dont think anything is wrong with what he did. Those are the people I'm referring to.

Did they say they were against an investigation? I didn't read that.

I welcome the investigation. I believe, and I admit this is my opinion, that the investigation will get the same result as in the case of Darren Wilson. If I'm wrong I will freely admit it. I anxiously await the outcome.

Well, lets think about this. If you dont see a problem with what the cop did would you be for an investigation? What would the supported investigation be investigating?

Yes I would and I have said as much twice now. They would be gathering all of the information from the perp, the cop, and the witnesses, and comparing that to the appropriate police procedures. Something that I cannot do.

Typically if someone thinks what was done is right they wont support an investigation into the right thing
there should always be a post mortem on an incident. Always.

What video were you watching where someone attacked the cop? Do you mean her neck attacked his forearm?

She was striking him with her right fist. Put on some glasses or get a lasic surgery or something.

She was not. And she was still in her seat. Are you serious? And even if she was, it's called restraint. Not toss and drag, you fucking idiot.

Exactly, what part of restraining someone involves throwing them across the class. Thats the opposite of restraining

Let us know when you find somebody being thrown across the classroom and start a thread on it. Until then, you might want to consider discussing what actually happened.

Sorry I thought you were being serious.

I am. She wasn't thrown across the room, she was thrown to the ground as is everyone who resists arrest.

As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.
one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.

So you condone possible serious injuries to an unarmed teenage girl who posed no threat to this cop?
And you people constantly utter references of totalitarianism and a police state to the left? What a joke.
Did you watch the interview of the kid who shot the video? No? Of course not. That would be TMI for you.
I propose that the youth of today adhere to practices put in place thousands of years ago and listen to authority. After that, authority rules. If you think the youth rules, then you are a fool.

Apparently this student wasn't taught that you do what you're told, when you're told, by someone having the authority to tell you what and when to do it. I don't know about you, but what this police officer did was nothing compared to what my dad would have done had I not done what I was told by someone having the authority to tell me what to do and when to do it.

The investigation will note the suspect assailing the cop with her fists. Unless a cop is repeatedly striking a subject with fist, foot, or rasp, they rarely get cited for excessive force. What will be reviewed is whether or not the officer moved as swiftly and decisively as possible to put the suspect in handcuffs and that he did. Resisting arrest is intrinsically dangerous and until people finally get it that if they resist arrest they'll either die or get hurt, it's going to keep happening.

Exactly, what part of restraining someone involves throwing them across the class. Thats the opposite of restraining
well I think you know the answer to that. That's one of those that you already know the answer to and you want to see how many people you can get to say it. funny trick there.

I saw the video already, Sunni Man. It was excessive force. He should have stopped immediately and called for back up.
That's absurd........why should a cop be required to call for back-up in order to arrest 1 belligerent teenage girl? ....... :cuckoo:

It wouldn't have been if she had listened to the teacher. She would have gotten detention or something. But because she refused to leave, then she committed a crime by resisting the lawful order of a police officer, resisting arrest, and assaulting that police officer. I hope she gets stuck with all those charges.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.
one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.

So you condone possible serious injuries to an unarmed teenage girl who posed no threat to this cop?
And you people constantly utter references of totalitarianism and a police state to the left? What a joke.
Did you watch the interview of the kid who shot the video? No? Of course not. That would be TMI for you.
I propose that the youth of today adhere to practices put in place thousands of years ago and listen to authority. After that, authority rules. If you think the youth rules, then you are a fool.

Apparently this student wasn't taught that you do what you're told, when you're told, by someone having the authority to tell you what and when to do it. I don't know about you, but what this police officer did was nothing compared to what my dad would have done had I not done what I was told by someone having the authority to tell me what to do and when to do it.
dude, I'm all there with you. My dad would have grabbed me by my hair and dragged me. And all these libs would be amazed at how well we all turned out.

It wouldn't have been if she had listened to the teacher. She would have gotten detention or something. But because she refused to leave, then she committed a crime by resisting the lawful order of a police officer, resisting arrest, and assaulting that police officer. I hope she gets stuck with all those charges.
And her little friend too.

Did they say they were against an investigation? I didn't read that.

I welcome the investigation. I believe, and I admit this is my opinion, that the investigation will get the same result as in the case of Darren Wilson. If I'm wrong I will freely admit it. I anxiously await the outcome.

Well, lets think about this. If you dont see a problem with what the cop did would you be for an investigation? What would the supported investigation be investigating?

Yes I would and I have said as much twice now. They would be gathering all of the information from the perp, the cop, and the witnesses, and comparing that to the appropriate police procedures. Something that I cannot do.

Typically if someone thinks what was done is right they wont support an investigation into the right thing

No, I'm a conservative, you're thinking of democrats. They don't like investigations at all.

So, are we being so silly as to say that people support investigations into right doing now?
it's obvious you know nothing of business or police matters.

dude, I'm all there with you. My dad would have grabbed me by my hair and dragged me. And all these libs would be amazed at how well we all turned out.

My dad, when I was young but old enough to understand, told me what he would do to me in situations that fell under this type of thing acting the way this student acted. While I don't know whether or not he would have done what he said, I knew better than to give him the chance to prove it it to me.

It's only speculation, but I'm curious to know if the cop was black what the girl would have done when asked to do what she had already been told to do more than once.

She broke the laws of the State based on her behavior. Since police enforce the laws and she violated a law, who else is supposed to address it?

You are correct, in part, about police being used. I'll add to it that they shouldn't have to be used but when parents don't teach their kids to do what you're told, when you're told, by those who have the authority to tell you, someone has to do the job.
they actually have to have parents. cops are not the family life source.

It's about time kids started facing legal consequences for their actions, especially at the High School level. It used to be that misdemeanors like assault and felonies like strong arm robbery (gimme your lunch money!) were treated as outside the venue of law enforcement even though the law applies equally to minors. No more.

Resist arrest, go to jail.

Interfere with an officer during his duties, go to jail.

No tears from me.

And if you sit your

It's about time kids started facing legal consequences for their actions, especially at the High School level. It used to be that misdemeanors like assault and felonies like strong arm robbery (gimme your lunch money!) were treated as outside the venue of law enforcement even though the law applies equally to minors. No more.

No tears from me.
And if your teacher tells you to leave the room, leave the fucking room.

Dumbasses.

Based on eyewitness accounts, the teacher had asked her to do to the discipline office. She refused. The police officer asked. She refused.

Under Title 16, Chapter 17, Article 7, Section 420 of the SC Code of Laws, it is unlawful: "(1) for any person willfully or unnecessarily (a) to interfere with or to disturb in any way or in any place the students or teachers of any school or college in the State, (b) to loiter around such schools or college premises, or (c) to act in an obnoxious manner thereon . . ."

When she refused to leave upon the teacher's request to go to the discipline office, she met part a. When she refused the request by the police officer, she met part c.

To the moron that asked why she should be arrested, since when is bad behavior at school a crime, and stated that police shouldn't be used to address it, there's the law answer the two questions. Since police handle violations of laws, that addresses the statement.

No tears from me.

She violated Title 16, Chapter 17, Article 7, Section 420 of the SC Code of Laws. It's titled disturbing school and indicates that a student who willfully or unnecessarily disturbs in any way the teacher or students of a school has broken the law.

'Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom'
- LINK: Outrage grows after South Carolina officer tosses student - CNN.com

SUMMARY:
Girl disrupts the class and refuses to leave when told to by the teacher. She continues. The teacher calls the office to have the uniformed officer there at school come remove her. The officer tells her to stand up. She refuses. He tells her again. She refuses. He asks her if she is going to get up, or is she going to make him get her up. She refuses. He grabs the girl - she starts fighting the officer, refusing to stand up (DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER'S ORDERS). In the ensuing tussle her desk flips backwards, and she and the desk fall to the floor with the officer still holding on to her and the desk. He then grabs her by the collar/shirt, pulls her towards the front of the room as she is face down, and 'throws'/'tosses her towards the front. He then steps up and demands she give him her hands so he can place handcuffs on her and explains she is now under arrest. She refuses. He orders her to do this 9 (NINE) times with her refusing - disobeying him and fighting him the whole time - until he finally grabs her arms behind her back, puts the cuffs on her, and takes her out of the class room.

Many people have gone nuts over this.
The policeman has been placed on administration duty, meaning he doesn't get to go back to the school (or any school) but is still being allowed to sit a desk and work.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Here are MY thoughts, looking at this as if I were the girl's father:
She was completely in the wrong for disrupting the class.

She should have obeyed the teacher and gone to the principal's office.

He was right in calling for the cop since she refused to stop and refused to obey.

I have no problem with the policeman trying to remove her from the chair as she disobeyed a policeman's orders...repeatedly.

She fought with him and in getting her out of the chair it flipped over - I still have no problem with it. SHE caused that to happen, not him, because of her disobedience.

I do have a problem with him dragging and tossing her by the collar. I understand he was very mad at this point - I would be, too - but still, that was 'excessive'.

I have no problem with him cuffing her and arresting her.

As a parent I would not have immediately rushed to condemn the policeman because it is more than obvious that this girl was being unruly, disruptive, belligerent, un-cooperative, disrespectful, refused to obey her elder/teacher, refused to comply with a police officer's orders - repeatedly, and fought (with) the officer, also known as 'resisting arrest'.

Putting the cop on administrative duty, maybe even never allowing him to pull duty at schools (maybe), is a great idea; however, I would have to admit as a parent 90% of this entire episode was 'my daughter's fault. I would be whoopin' her arse at home and going over EVERYTHING she did wrong to ensure it never happened again. Her behavior was embarrassing / pathetic / inexcusable.

...but that's just me.
love how the leftist media edited the whole video to fan the flames of hate and division.

so b/c of that, it's clear the cop was clearly in the right the whole time and did everything he could to control the situation.

he made no mistakes and the parents of the child should have their kids taken from them since they clearly have no idea how to raise them.

No, I'm a conservative, you're thinking of democrats. They don't like investigations at all.

So, are we being so silly as to say that people support investigations into right doing now?
it's obvious you know nothing of business or police matters.

Yeah, because the were talking about investigations. But nice dumb act tho...

Based on eyewitness accounts, the teacher had asked her to do to the discipline office. She refused. The police officer asked. She refused.

Under Title 16, Chapter 17, Article 7, Section 420 of the SC Code of Laws, it is unlawful: "(1) for any person willfully or unnecessarily (a) to interfere with or to disturb in any way or in any place the students or teachers of any school or college in the State, (b) to loiter around such schools or college premises, or (c) to act in an obnoxious manner thereon . . ."

When she refused to leave upon the teacher's request to go to the discipline office, she met part a. When she refused the request by the police officer, she met part c.

To the moron that asked why she should be arrested, since when is bad behavior at school a crime, and stated that police shouldn't be used to address it, there's the law answer the two questions. Since police handle violations of laws, that addresses the statement.

I agree it was a legal arrest. I just disagree with the law. It's absurd our society is to the point that men with guns have to come into science class to discipline brat kids because parents and teachers don't want to.

'Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom'
- LINK: Outrage grows after South Carolina officer tosses student - CNN.com

SUMMARY:
Girl disrupts the class and refuses to leave when told to by the teacher. She continues. The teacher calls the office to have the uniformed officer there at school come remove her. The officer tells her to stand up. She refuses. He tells her again. She refuses. He asks her if she is going to get up, or is she going to make him get her up. She refuses. He grabs the girl - she starts fighting the officer, refusing to stand up (DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER'S ORDERS). In the ensuing tussle her desk flips backwards, and she and the desk fall to the floor with the officer still holding on to her and the desk. He then grabs her by the collar/shirt, pulls her towards the front of the room as she is face down, and 'throws'/'tosses her towards the front. He then steps up and demands she give him her hands so he can place handcuffs on her and explains she is now under arrest. She refuses. He orders her to do this 9 (NINE) times with her refusing - disobeying him and fighting him the whole time - until he finally grabs her arms behind her back, puts the cuffs on her, and takes her out of the class room.

Many people have gone nuts over this.
The policeman has been placed on administration duty, meaning he doesn't get to go back to the school (or any school) but is still being allowed to sit a desk and work.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Here are MY thoughts, looking at this as if I were the girl's father:
She was completely in the wrong for disrupting the class.

She should have obeyed the teacher and gone to the principal's office.

He was right in calling for the cop since she refused to stop and refused to obey.

I have no problem with the policeman trying to remove her from the chair as she disobeyed a policeman's orders...repeatedly.

She fought with him and in getting her out of the chair it flipped over - I still have no problem with it. SHE caused that to happen, not him, because of her disobedience.

I do have a problem with him dragging and tossing her by the collar. I understand he was very mad at this point - I would be, too - but still, that was 'excessive'.

I have no problem with him cuffing her and arresting her.

As a parent I would not have immediately rushed to condemn the policeman because it is more than obvious that this girl was being unruly, disruptive, belligerent, un-cooperative, disrespectful, refused to obey her elder/teacher, refused to comply with a police officer's orders - repeatedly, and fought (with) the officer, also known as 'resisting arrest'.

Putting the cop on administrative duty, maybe even never allowing him to pull duty at schools (maybe), is a great idea; however, I would have to admit as a parent 90% of this entire episode was 'my daughter's fault. I would be whoopin' her arse at home and going over EVERYTHING she did wrong to ensure it never happened again. Her behavior was embarrassing / pathetic / inexcusable.

...but that's just me.
love how the leftist media edited the whole video to fan the flames of hate and division.

so b/c of that, it's clear the cop was clearly in the right the whole time and did everything he could to control the situation.

he made no mistakes and the parents of the child should have their kids taken from them since they clearly have no idea how to raise them.

Did this guy just take the cops side only because he thinks the video is edited?

All you have to do with these guys is say the left likes their mothers and these idiots would chuck their moms off a cliff

Forum List

Back