🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

The officer used more force than was required for the situation.

This is almost as bad as the officer that hancuffed a young boy's arms behind his back in a chickenwing fashion because the childs wrists were too small for the cuffs.

He should be fired.

The police chief said in a press interview today that he would probably have all the evidence by tomorrow afternoon, and would render a decision then.

However................he did state a couple of times that he was disturbed and dismayed by this officers actions and the video.

'Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom'
- LINK: Outrage grows after South Carolina officer tosses student - CNN.com

SUMMARY:
Girl disrupts the class and refuses to leave when told to by the teacher. She continues. The teacher calls the office to have the uniformed officer there at school come remove her. The officer tells her to stand up. She refuses. He tells her again. She refuses. He asks her if she is going to get up, or is she going to make him get her up. She refuses. He grabs the girl - she starts fighting the officer, refusing to stand up (DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER'S ORDERS). In the ensuing tussle her desk flips backwards, and she and the desk fall to the floor with the officer still holding on to her and the desk. He then grabs her by the collar/shirt, pulls her towards the front of the room as she is face down, and 'throws'/'tosses her towards the front. He then steps up and demands she give him her hands so he can place handcuffs on her and explains she is now under arrest. She refuses. He orders her to do this 9 (NINE) times with her refusing - disobeying him and fighting him the whole time - until he finally grabs her arms behind her back, puts the cuffs on her, and takes her out of the class room.

Many people have gone nuts over this.
The policeman has been placed on administration duty, meaning he doesn't get to go back to the school (or any school) but is still being allowed to sit a desk and work.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Here are MY thoughts, looking at this as if I were the girl's father:
She was completely in the wrong for disrupting the class.

She should have obeyed the teacher and gone to the principal's office.

He was right in calling for the cop since she refused to stop and refused to obey.

I have no problem with the policeman trying to remove her from the chair as she disobeyed a policeman's orders...repeatedly.

She fought with him and in getting her out of the chair it flipped over - I still have no problem with it. SHE caused that to happen, not him, because of her disobedience.

I do have a problem with him dragging and tossing her by the collar. I understand he was very mad at this point - I would be, too - but still, that was 'excessive'.

I have no problem with him cuffing her and arresting her.

As a parent I would not have immediately rushed to condemn the policeman because it is more than obvious that this girl was being unruly, disruptive, belligerent, un-cooperative, disrespectful, refused to obey her elder/teacher, refused to comply with a police officer's orders - repeatedly, and fought (with) the officer, also known as 'resisting arrest'.

Putting the cop on administrative duty, maybe even never allowing him to pull duty at schools (maybe), is a great idea; however, I would have to admit as a parent 90% of this entire episode was 'my daughter's fault. I would be whoopin' her arse at home and going over EVERYTHING she did wrong to ensure it never happened again. Her behavior was embarrassing / pathetic / inexcusable.

...but that's just me.

Where's the problem?

She refused to comply.

Therefore, given that she is not the authority... she was forced to comply. What were they supposed to do? Continue to empower her to disrupt the class?

LOL! This is not directed at the OP... but to those registering OUTRAGE... Some of you people are absolutely clueless.

She wasn't injured. More of this... and you'll have fewer 'students' taking the 'FUCK YOU' position.

The police officer filmed flipping over and dragging a black female student at a South Carolina high school this week has a history of being sued after violent encounters, and as of Tuesday, he is facing an investigation by the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice over the videotaped incident after it went viral online.

Did they say they were against an investigation? I didn't read that.

I welcome the investigation. I believe, and I admit this is my opinion, that the investigation will get the same result as in the case of Darren Wilson. If I'm wrong I will freely admit it. I anxiously await the outcome.

Well, lets think about this. If you dont see a problem with what the cop did would you be for an investigation? What would the supported investigation be investigating?

Yes I would and I have said as much twice now. They would be gathering all of the information from the perp, the cop, and the witnesses, and comparing that to the appropriate police procedures. Something that I cannot do.

Typically if someone thinks what was done is right they wont support an investigation into the right thing

No, I'm a conservative, you're thinking of democrats. They don't like investigations at all.

So, are we being so silly as to say that people support investigations into right doing now?

Not sure what you just asked. Not that I have any say in the matter but I approve of any investigation of this cop's actions and am ready to accept the outcome.

Force of this nature is only appropriate if the person constitutes a danger to himself, or others. This child did not. In addition, a cop should never act out of anger, which is what this cop did. The cop could have permanently injured the girl, who was passively resisting. (In fact, the cop almost injured the kid sitting behind her). While she is obviously a problem child who should be removed from the school, there are many other ways to do that other than by tossing her around the room like a rag doll.

She was striking him with her right fist. Put on some glasses or get a lasic surgery or something.

She was not. And she was still in her seat. Are you serious? And even if she was, it's called restraint. Not toss and drag, you fucking idiot.

Exactly, what part of restraining someone involves throwing them across the class. Thats the opposite of restraining

Let us know when you find somebody being thrown across the classroom and start a thread on it. Until then, you might want to consider discussing what actually happened.

Sorry I thought you were being serious.

I am. She wasn't thrown across the room, she was thrown to the ground as is everyone who resists arrest.

Actually it appears to me that her own actions made the chair go over. I'm reasonably certain she did it on purpose.

MSNBC ‏@MSNBC 3h3 hours ago

Sheriff Lott on seeing the video for the first time: “I wanted to throw up.” http://on.msnbc.com/1kO3dkS

benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif

Actually it appears to me that her own actions made the chair go over. I'm reasonably certain she did it on purpose.

She was not. And she was still in her seat. Are you serious? And even if she was, it's called restraint. Not toss and drag, you fucking idiot.

Exactly, what part of restraining someone involves throwing them across the class. Thats the opposite of restraining

Let us know when you find somebody being thrown across the classroom and start a thread on it. Until then, you might want to consider discussing what actually happened.

I am. She wasn't thrown across the room, she was thrown to the ground as is everyone who resists arrest.

Watch the video closely. First he put his arm around her neck, and then grabbed the desk and tilted it up.

Guarantee he knew what he was doing.

Moderation Note: This is the OP for the incoming merged thread.
Should make it easier to read... FlaCalTenn

It's happening again. A police officer is called to attend to another criminal jerk, who refuses to abide by society's rules, and the cop winds up under attack by liberal idiots, for doing his job. The things I'm hearing from the school board members are ludicrous. They are blaming the cop for what is essentially > police work. They're demonizing him for doing his job.

Sure, he grabbed the 16 year old girl (who hit him in the face, in addition to her other offenses) and dragged her, to the front of the room (where there was more room to subdue her) before handcuffing her. Well, bingo! If she wasn't resisting the officer, he wouldn't have had to manhandle her would he ?, illustrious school board members.

So we have a criminal committing multiple criminal acts, showing total disregard for 3 authorities (teacher, school administrator, and police officer), and when the officer (Ben Fields) whom they hire to maintain order and make arrests, does just that, they are all up in arms. Can anyone explain why ? Oh excessive force ? I don't see that. What do the do-gooders expect the cop to do ? Plead with this brat ? Sing her a song ? Offer her candy? Play pattycake with her ? He's a COP, you idiots.

One reason might be that some are seeing this as a racist thing. White cop, Black perpetrator. I notice 2 calls have been made for a civil rights investigation. Why ? Does that mean every time a White cop physically subdues a criminal who's Black, and resisting arrest, he should be seen as acting racistly improper ? This is insane.

Part of the reason for this getting twisted into the craziness that it is, is the media coverage. Naturally, the liberal media have played their part, and blown it into an incident, rather than just an arrest (like millions of others). To hear them tell it, you'd think someone has just re-enacted slavery all over again.

On CNN, Erin Burnett asked "Is there any way this can be justified ?" At first I thought she was talking about the student who was disobeying orders to turn off her cell phone, and ordered to leave the classroom, and then assaulted a cop. But NO, do-gooder Erin had another idea. She hooks up with the anti-cop lunacy infecting the nation, and somehow finds fit to blame the cop, and imply there couldn't be any justification for him to > DO HIS JOB.
wtf20.gif
thinking.gif
geez.gif
geez.gif
geez.gif

Then, they bring on one of the school board members ( who say they don't want Fields working there any more) and it gets even crazier. School board member , Chip Jackson, (I can't remember all the dumb things he said), but one thing he said was, "I saw my daughter there. I saw my wife". Great job of showing your objectivity there , Chip.
sarcasm.gif

I am REALLY getting tired of the assault on America's cops, and the sympathy being given to criminals. If anybody needs to be relieved of their job, it would be Erin Burnett, Chip Jackson, the school board members who are villainizing Ben Fields, and whoever the imbeciles are who have tried to turn a police arrest, into a civil rights case. Give us a break!!
geez.gif

PS - One of the students in the class who witnessed the whole thing said the girl was totally at fault, and the cop did nothing wrong.

PPS - Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott - also blames the officer, as does the school board's chief, James Manning. I think they are all hacks, just worried about getting fired, and trying to cover their butts.

South Carolina student's violent arrest caught on video - CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
'Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom'
- LINK: Outrage grows after South Carolina officer tosses student - CNN.com

SUMMARY:
Girl disrupts the class and refuses to leave when told to by the teacher. She continues. The teacher calls the office to have the uniformed officer there at school come remove her. The officer tells her to stand up. She refuses. He tells her again. She refuses. He asks her if she is going to get up, or is she going to make him get her up. She refuses. He grabs the girl - she starts fighting the officer, refusing to stand up (DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER'S ORDERS). In the ensuing tussle her desk flips backwards, and she and the desk fall to the floor with the officer still holding on to her and the desk. He then grabs her by the collar/shirt, pulls her towards the front of the room as she is face down, and 'throws'/'tosses her towards the front. He then steps up and demands she give him her hands so he can place handcuffs on her and explains she is now under arrest. She refuses. He orders her to do this 9 (NINE) times with her refusing - disobeying him and fighting him the whole time - until he finally grabs her arms behind her back, puts the cuffs on her, and takes her out of the class room.

Many people have gone nuts over this.
The policeman has been placed on administration duty, meaning he doesn't get to go back to the school (or any school) but is still being allowed to sit a desk and work.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Here are MY thoughts, looking at this as if I were the girl's father:
She was completely in the wrong for disrupting the class.

She should have obeyed the teacher and gone to the principal's office.

He was right in calling for the cop since she refused to stop and refused to obey.

I have no problem with the policeman trying to remove her from the chair as she disobeyed a policeman's orders...repeatedly.

She fought with him and in getting her out of the chair it flipped over - I still have no problem with it. SHE caused that to happen, not him, because of her disobedience.

I do have a problem with him dragging and tossing her by the collar. I understand he was very mad at this point - I would be, too - but still, that was 'excessive'.

I have no problem with him cuffing her and arresting her.

As a parent I would not have immediately rushed to condemn the policeman because it is more than obvious that this girl was being unruly, disruptive, belligerent, un-cooperative, disrespectful, refused to obey her elder/teacher, refused to comply with a police officer's orders - repeatedly, and fought (with) the officer, also known as 'resisting arrest'.

Putting the cop on administrative duty, maybe even never allowing him to pull duty at schools (maybe), is a great idea; however, I would have to admit as a parent 90% of this entire episode was 'my daughter's fault. I would be whoopin' her arse at home and going over EVERYTHING she did wrong to ensure it never happened again. Her behavior was embarrassing / pathetic / inexcusable.

...but that's just me.
love how the leftist media edited the whole video to fan the flames of hate and division.

so b/c of that, it's clear the cop was clearly in the right the whole time and did everything he could to control the situation.

he made no mistakes and the parents of the child should have their kids taken from them since they clearly have no idea how to raise them.

Did this guy just take the cops side only because he thinks the video is edited?

All you have to do with these guys is say the left likes their mothers and these idiots would chuck their moms off a cliff

Ah. How would Officer ClosedCaption have dealt with this brat bitch?

The only way to interact with a child of course...by mopping the floor with them

Not in this case.

She's black so he should have shot her where she sat.

You NEVER disappoint.

The chair went over because she defended herself.

Just as you or anyone else would have done.

The teacher lost control and then the cop lost control. The cop threw a temper tantrum, attacked a young girl and she fought back. She's just damn lucky the asshole didn't shoot her.

Hope we hear she and her family win a nice big fat settlement for this blatent assault.

"One of the students in the class who witnessed the whole thing said the girl was totally at fault, and the cop did nothing wrong."

Oh. Well why didn't he say that before.

That changes everything.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back