Outrageous! House Approves Bill To Expand Homosexual Rights

Equal rights for all?

How horrible!

You should move to an oppressive country like Iran immediately!

You want me to book you on an early flight?
Not EQUAL rights. SPECIAL rights.
Lol, no. Gaurantees of equal rights.
Incorrect...
It adds to penalties for “crimes” against people who claim to be members of a particular category of society.
Human Rights, not sub-category Rights.
If bigots weren't dead set on taking their rights away we wouldn't need amendments to garantee them.
Redefining marriage to include two men so they feel norman in their perversion is an example of special rights

How does Norman feel about getting felt by two gay gay men?

Amazing and disgusting. You can’t have equality when you have classes of citizens with special protections.

House approves sweeping bill to expand gay rights
jussie-smollett.jpg

I'm Above the Law, AND Better Than You, sucker!

Oh my God!!!! They are getting special rights and protections the rest of us don’t get? What the hell is going on?

Oh. Wait a sec. It says no discrimination based in sexual orientation...that means they can’t discriminate against heterosexuals.

So...what special protectections.....?

Why should sexual orientation get added to the list? I'm not saying it shouldn't, btw, just trying to a handle on which kinds of discrimination are allowed and which aren't. What's the criteria? Why are we targeting certain biases for suppression, but not others?

Amazing and disgusting. You can’t have equality when you have classes of citizens with special protections.

jussie-smollett.jpg

Oh my God!!!! They are getting special rights and protections the rest of us don’t get? What the hell is going on?

Oh. Wait a sec. It says no discrimination based in sexual orientation...that means they can’t discriminate against heterosexuals.

Why should sexual orientation get added to the list? I'm not saying it shouldn't, btw, just trying to a handle on which kinds of discrimination are allowed and which aren't. What's the criteria? Why are we targeting certain biases for suppression, but not others?

IMO, bias based on things a person can’t change such as race, gender, or sexual orientation should not be discriminated against. Neither should religion, but that is constitutionally protected.

jussie-smollett.jpg

IMO, bias based on things a person can’t change such as race, gender, or sexual orientation should not be discriminated against. Neither should religion, but that is constitutionally protected.
I agree but no one least of all the government should be banning people especially business owners from engaging in such discrimination.

jussie-smollett.jpg

A better question is why such a list at all

The list should banned government should not be oppressing human rights such as the right to discriminate

jussie-smollett.jpg

I agree but no one least of all the government should be banning people especially business owners from engaging in such discrimination.

Except what happens when everyone then engages in such discrimination?

jussie-smollett.jpg

Why should religion be added? Obviously, it can be changed.

jussie-smollett.jpg

They never have and never will

jussie-smollett.jpg

It is protected in our Constitution...even though it can be changed.

jussie-smollett.jpg

And, that's why Pelosi is still in office,
despite the fact SF is turning into a fucking dump....
shitting in public, shooting up, fucking joke

Actually they have...not everyone literally but if the majority in a community discriminate, life is hell for the minority trying to find a job, housing, services etc.

jussie-smollett.jpg

Yeah, I know it's on the list of "protected classes", but you said that the main criterium for deciding whether a given kind of discrimination should be banned or not, was whether it could be changed. I'm just wondering why religion would get added.

Actually they have...not everyone literally but if the majority in a community discriminate, life is hell for the minority trying to find a job, housing, services etc.

And that minority has the same right to include moving everywhere and joining a different community

In fact however we see little to no evidence of even communities acting that way

People in general do not act that way and solve problems peacefully without government coercion

About their treatment in our society

and yet they complain far less than you do which is the point I was making and you are proving

Used to be gays didn’t complain.
and my point was and is that they still complain less than anyone else, especially straight white liberals

Keep quiet and maybe nobody will find out.
If they did find out you could be fired from your job, denied housing, kicked out of the military, disowned by your family.
and one of the things they bring to the table is to overcome those things with dignity while straight white liberals whine endlessly especially about the gay community getting kudos for it as this thread is bearing out

Gays have come a long way. Your responses make it clear they have a long way to go
It's a little early for your surrender isn't?

And that minority has the same right to include moving everywhere and joining a different community

In fact however we see little to no evidence of even communities acting that way

People in general do not act that way and solve problems peacefully without government coercion

Why should they have to?

And I disagree that they tend to solve problems peacefully....they have been known to lynch, assault, and run out of town those of groups they don’t like.

Yeah, I know it's on the list of "protected classes", but you said that the main criterium for deciding whether a given kind of discrimination should be banned or not, was whether it could be changed. I'm just wondering why religion would get added.
I honestly don’t have a good answer for that other than the way I feel about it. Religion has long been a source of conflict, intolerance and discrimination, as such, freedom to worship one’s faith should be protected from discrimination.

Why should they have to?

And I disagree that they tend to solve problems peacefully....they have been known to lynch, assault, and run out of town those of groups they don’t like.
No one said they should have to but no one has the right to force others to cooperate with them

Those are the exceptions not the rule and they were always crimes.

New laws do not stop those already breaking the law

Why should they have to?

No one said they should have to but no one has the right to force others to cooperate with them

If everyone in a region decides to not serve gay people in any of their business’ or services...what alternatives do they have? They are being forced to leave, what about their rights?

Why should they have to?

If everyone in a region decides to not serve gay people in any of their business’ or services...what alternatives do they have? They are being forced to leave, what about their rights?
No they are not being forced to leave

It is unrealistic to assume that would happen

No one has the right to association with another

jussie-smollett.jpg

Yes well, we all know that you're a libertarian/anarchist with shades of social Darwinism. It must be nice to be at the top of the food chain, or at least to be able to delude yourself into believing that you are. Enjoy it while it lasts

Forum List

Back