Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still not illegal to import weapons.

Link?
Where is it illegal?

Article 19 of the Firearms and Ammunition Law No. 2 of 1998

Import and export of firearms shall require a permit from the Ministry specifying the point, date and destination of import or export, pursuant to the provisions in this law.

No permit = not legal.

In which document is that law written? The Oslo accords?

Its a Palestinian law written by the official government representatives of the Palestinians.

It is still not illegal to import weapons.

Link?
Where is it illegal?

Article 19 of the Firearms and Ammunition Law No. 2 of 1998

Import and export of firearms shall require a permit from the Ministry specifying the point, date and destination of import or export, pursuant to the provisions in this law.

No permit = not legal.

In which document is that law written? The Oslo accords?
:confused-84:

DEBRIEF | A candid conversation with Bethlehem Mayor Vera Baboun

Wanna discuss the video, without slogans?

Sure. That is why I post stuff.

Ok there were a couple of points. Let me listen again find one by one.
She sounds the most rational among the Palestinian politicians.

Ok, until 3:25 when she says : "Is it that we don't want peace? :dunno: Is it that peace jeopardizes reality?"

As far as I understand for her peace is recognition of Palestinian suffering, their nationhood and territorial needs for further development. Right?
I basically have no argument with that.

Also when asked about Abbas and terror she refers to the wall and suffering as reality.
This is a correct line of thought imo, but lacking the understanding of the Israeli side, maybe even not lacking but trying to deflect and focus on the "good non violent" but not specifying exactly what, and I'm not sure she's pointing to BDS because aside from a couple of churches, on the ground Bethlehem is very involved economically with Israel.

Now back to the quote, the 1st part is correct on both sides on many layers out of distrust, while also there're people on both sides who simply want to live their lives..."Does the peace jeopardize reality?"
If You put it that way Hamas and PLO are irrelevant once people on the ground have a bigger authority,

Q. Don't You think that the main issue here is the definition of peace...and I really mean peaceful ways, not deleting Israel or taking Gaza and the WB. 2 people rule themselves separately?

Ok, until 3:25 when she says : "Is it that we don't want peace? :dunno: Is it that peace jeopardizes reality?"

As far as I understand for her peace is recognition of Palestinian suffering, their nationhood and territorial needs for further development. Right?

Also when asked about Abbas and terror she refers to the wall and suffering as reality.
This is a correct line of thought imo, but lacking the understanding of the Israeli side, maybe even not lacking but trying to deflect and focus on the "good non violent" but not specifying exactly what, and I'm not sure she's pointing to BDS because aside from a couple of churches, on the ground Bethlehem is very involved economically with Israel.

Now back to the quote, the 1st part is correct on both sides on many layers out of distrust, while also there're people on both sides who simply want to live their lives..."Does the peace jeopardize reality?"
If You put it that way Hamas and PLO are irrelevant once people on the ground have a bigger authority,

Q. Don't You think that the main issue here is the definition of peace...

Good question. Could you define what Israel would consider peace?

Last edited:

God question. Could you define what Israel would consider peace?

Ok, just from the top of it,
establishing a reliable relationship with heads of the Arab community on both sides.

Making sure our adversaries understand we have spiritual, intellectual, and physical power based on our natural right to this land,not to be played with, if You want Your people to live a good life. Once You move beyond that practical point, get this out of the way - we can have a REAL PEACEFUL meaningful conversation, and settle things out. Step 1.

I'd sincerely like to see people like her empowered more, seems like You could get through to her.

P F Tinmore You don't have to answer right now. Take Your time, think about it.
I'm going to sleep 5:33 in Galilee.

Have good night all.
Hope for more agreements.

Peace is the cessation of conflict. It is an agreement of mutual recognition and a declaration that each people's needs have been met.

The needs of Israel are:
  • safety and security of the Jewish people (as well as all Israelis)
  • recognition as a distinct ethnic people
  • recognition of Jewish history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
  • some territory upon which to bring about sovereignty
It seems to me that the needs of the Arab Palestinians are the same:
  • safety, security and non-interference by another sovereign
  • recognition of long history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
(In addition, we might add -- to both lists -- some sort of provision for return).

Indeed, it would seem that these criteria would apply to ALL peoples seeking recognition, sovereignty and peace. Safety. Recognition. Self-determination. Territory.

Three reasons why Israel backed down, and Ahed Tamimi will walk free

1*qtrNeSm7EjGChQj57XqMBw.jpeg

Three reasons why Israel backed down, and Ahed Tamimi will walk free

:113::113::113::113::113::113::clap::clap::clap:

After completing her sentence after of moth that is.
At lest she won't get a free degree (paid by Israelis) like most her fellows do in prison.

8 month for slapping a soldier is enough. Till next time.
She'll be 18 soon and she'll die a martyr no doubt. It's a predictible career in her environment where parents abuse children and raise terrorrists

Peace is the cessation of conflict. It is an agreement of mutual recognition and a declaration that each people's needs have been met.

The needs of Israel are:
  • recognition of Jewish history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
  • recognition of long history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
(In addition, we might add -- to both lists -- some sort of provision for return).

Indeed, it would seem that these criteria would apply to ALL peoples seeking recognition, sovereignty and peace. Safety. Recognition. Self-determination. Territory.
Peace is the cessation of conflict.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice. ~ MLK

The needs of Israel are:

Peace is the cessation of conflict.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice. ~ MLK

Indeed.

Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory). Hamas Charter.

Islamic fascist “justice”.

God question. Could you define what Israel would consider peace?

Ok, just from the top of it,
establishing a reliable relationship with heads of the Arab community on both sides.

Making sure our adversaries understand we have spiritual, intellectual, and physical power based on our natural right to this land,not to be played with, if You want Your people to live a good life. Once You move beyond that practical point, get this out of the way - we can have a REAL PEACEFUL meaningful conversation, and settle things out. Step 1.

I'd sincerely like to see people like her empowered more, seems like You could get through to her.
From what I can tell this is what the Palestinians want.

They want to live in their own homes, farm their own land, pick their own fruit, work in their own shops and factories. Also good public services like clean water and good schools.

Reactions from Mustafa Barghouti on Trump, Palestinians, where the peace process is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back