Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions from Mustafa Barghouti on Trump, Palestinians, where the peace process is

Reactions from Mustafa Barghouti on Trump, Palestinians, where the peace process is

He talks about the “ peace process” and what Trump has to offer which is nothing( according to him) What are the Palestinians “ offering” and how can the U.S. be a “ mediator” with the all or nothing mentality? Olmert offered the Palestinians almost everything they wanted. They are insisting on getting ALL demands because they know they are not going.to get everything they demand.
Hamas has even stated Jews have no right to pray at the Western Wall

He talks about the “ peace process” and what Trump has to offer which is nothing( according to him) What are the Palestinians “ offering” and how can the U.S. be a “ mediator” with the all or nothing mentality? Olmert offered the Palestinians almost everything they wanted. They are insisting on getting ALL demands because they know they are not going.to get everything they demand.
Hamas has even stated Jews have no right to pray at the Western Wall

If I am not mistaken it was even proposed to Abbas that Jerusalem be declared an International City, something that was supposed to have happened in 1948 but of course Abbas shot it down .

Omar Barghouti: Palestinian Human Rights Advocate on Jerusalem

He stated there is no Jewish Sovereignty over ANY part of Jerusalem which of course would include West Jerusalem . Who does it belong to then; The Arabs? If that’s the case there shouldn’t be any Palestinian Sovereignty over E. Jerusalem! He talks about “ oppression” since 1948 yet trying to destroy and eliminate Israel is OK. The Palestinian mindset . :dig:

Last edited:
The leader of the Palestinian journalist s' Union, Nasser Abu Bakar, issued the official press card to Janna Jihad.

29026348_10154991029166371_147433600067829760_n.jpg

The leader of the Palestinian journalist s' Union, Nasser Abu Bakar, issued the official press card to Janna Jihad.

29026348_10154991029166371_147433600067829760_n.jpg

Which has NOTHING to do with his post where the speaker stated Israel doesn’t have Sovereignty over W. Jerusalem but the Palestinians should have it over E. Jerusalem? Lol. :no_text11:

Good question. Could you define what Israel would consider peace?

Peace is the cessation of conflict. It is an agreement of mutual recognition and a declaration that each people's needs have been met.

The needs of Israel are:
  • safety and security of the Jewish people (as well as all Israelis)
  • recognition as a distinct ethnic people
  • recognition of Jewish history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
  • some territory upon which to bring about sovereignty
It seems to me that the needs of the Arab Palestinians are the same:
  • safety, security and non-interference by another sovereign
  • recognition of long history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
(In addition, we might add -- to both lists -- some sort of provision for return).

Indeed, it would seem that these criteria would apply to ALL peoples seeking recognition, sovereignty and peace. Safety. Recognition. Self-determination. Territory.
Peace is the cessation of conflict.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice. ~ MLK

I realize that. Hence my next sentence. It's an acknowledgment that the needs of the parties to the conflict have been satisfied.

Peace is the cessation of conflict. It is an agreement of mutual recognition and a declaration that each people's needs have been met.

The needs of Israel are:
  • recognition of Jewish history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
  • recognition of long history in that land which imparts a moral right to sovereign self-determination in that place
(In addition, we might add -- to both lists -- some sort of provision for return).

Indeed, it would seem that these criteria would apply to ALL peoples seeking recognition, sovereignty and peace. Safety. Recognition. Self-determination. Territory.

I realize that. Hence my next sentence. It's an acknowledgment that the needs of the parties to the conflict have been satisfiedK

The needs of Israel are:

I realize that. Hence my next sentence. It's an acknowledgment that the needs of the parties to the conflict have been satisfied.

It’s not going to happen. The Palestinians have stated they refuse to come to the table and negotiate.

George Galloway : "Ahed Tamimi has every legal never mind just moral right to slap that soldier"

George Galloway : "Ahed Tamimi has every legal never mind just moral right to slap that soldier"

Indeed, you must be devastated. She is much more valuable to you as a propaganda tool while in jail.

Have you considered petitioning the Jooooooos to possibly keep her in jail longer than eight months?

Nadia Ben-Youssef: "A New Day? Organizing to Change US Policy on Israel and Palestine"

Nadia Ben-Youssef: "A New Day? Organizing to Change US Policy on Israel and Palestine"

Somehow, I see the Great Satan™️ policy toward the Arab-Moslem welfare cheats as being one of dictating policy while our contribution toward the Islamic terrorist welfare fraud being reduced further.

But thanks for another silly YouTube video.

Rami Khouri: "A New Day? Organizing to Change US Policy on Israel and Palestine"

Its interesting that she says, "20% of Israelis are Palestinians". It would be the equivalent of saying, "20% of Americans are Canadians". Its nonsense.

"I thought it was a Jewish State. You're right there. At the essence. How then can it be a Jewish State and still protect the rights of non-Jews? How can you on the one hand maintain a supremacist ideology and guarantee equality?"

She poses an excellent question. (Unfortunately, she only poses that question about the Jewish state, rather than posing it about every state.) If one was to be objective about that question, one would have to ask if equality can be achieved in ANY state where there is a minority population which is somehow "other" than the dominant culture.

She is essentially arguing that there can not be equality in populations which are not homogeneous.

I wonder how she would have other countries address that issue.

"I thought it was a Jewish State. You're right there. At the essence. How then can it be a Jewish State and still protect the rights of non-Jews? How can you on the one hand maintain a supremacist ideology and guarantee equality?"

She poses an excellent question. (Unfortunately, she only poses that question about the Jewish state, rather than posing it about every state.) If one was to be objective about that question, one would have to ask if equality can be achieved in ANY state where there is a minority population which is somehow "other" than the dominant culture.

She is essentially arguing that there can not be equality in populations which are not homogeneous.

I wonder how she would have other countries address that issue.

No she isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back