Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting site....certainly reflects Palestine today

POLITICAL IS PERSONAL IS AN INITIATIVE WHICH CONDUCTS IN-DEPTH INTERVIEWS WITH ISRAELI JEWISH AND PALESTINIAN WOMEN IN WHICH THEY SAFELY AND FREELY SHARE HOW THEIR LIVES HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THE REALITIES OF THIS CONFLICT.

Aya

I am 28 years old, and I'm from Lyd [Lod in Hebrew, Lyd in Arabic, mixed Jewish-Arab city 15km southeast from Tel Aviv].

I am married and I have a daughter. I’ve been a feminist and political activist for ten years.

I’m very proud of my Palestinian identity. I talk about it all the time.

View attachment 222078

Meital

My name is Meital Marcel. These are the two names that I go by.

I am 39 years old, single, and I live in Tel Aviv.

I studied at Tel Aviv University. My bachelor’s degree is in cinema and philosophy, and my master’s degree is in literature.

I work in writing. I publish short stories, only for a small circle of people, but I’m in a development phase, and now one of my short stories has been chosen to be featured in the university’s magazine. The first magazine issue hasn’t come out yet, but they are working on it now.

My biggest dream, however, is to publish a story through a well-known publisher that will give my writing a spring board.

View attachment 222080

Wedad

I’m Wedad Zaid Alkilany, from Ara, in Wadi Ara.

I’m 29 years old, mother to two wonderful daughters, and a student in my last year of a Bachelor’s degree in psychology. Parallel to this, I also study group training, and this year I have spent a lot of time volunteering for the women’s organization Women Wage Peace.

The course in group training is basically a course not related to my degree. It’s something that you study independently with some intensive months of studying, and at the end of the course you receive a diploma.

I really like the course on group training, because I have previously got the opportunity to guide groups, but I wanted to gain professional skills, in order to learn how to do it really well. In addition to this, I am considering working within this field in the future.

The reason why I have chosen to study psychology and group guidance is that, first of all, I don’t have stage fright, and second of all I am a person, who likes to guide groups of people and to talk and to discuss, so I think all of this is very relevant [for me].

View attachment 222082

Rachel

I was born in Herzliya, and when I was a baby we moved to Kfar Saba. I've lived here ever since, but next year we are moving to Tzur Moshe, a moshav [Israeli village], which is a big deal. I'm looking forward to it.

My mother-in-law lives there. She has an olive plantation, and has lived there for 20 years. She is a very special woman. She is a widow and lives there alone, tending to the olive trees all by herself. Most people wouldn't do what she does.

We decided to move there, not to help her, as [Rachel and her husband] are two very busy people. We're moving there to give our children the quality of life that a moshav can offer.

I'll miss Kfar Saba a lot, because I come from a big family. My mother lives here, my sister lives close-by, and my brothers as well. Because of my relationship with them, our decision to move took many years. But sometimes it's difficult in Kfar Saba because we have five children. It's very loud and intense, and we are looking forward to silence from the moshav environment.

I don't think it will be calmer [in the moshav], because of all the work, but it will be a more secure environment, and lately we have been wanting to feel more secure.

In town there is a closer proximity to terror attacks. My children know that I work with Arab women and Palestinians all the time, so of course I teach my children that we don't need to fear Arabs. We need to get over the fears, because the number of terrorists is small. But one can't ignore the everyday news, including the stabbings that mostly take place in towns. The moshav will hopefully be a more hermetic, quiet, and secure place - not only in the safety aspect but in many other ways too.

View attachment 222083
:umno:
The funny thing is that all women in Your post are Israeli citizens, not Palestinian. Such initiatives are possible only in, and are a function of the Israeli society.

On the other hand THIS mental disturbance, certainly does reflect the Palestinian Caliphate today:

I think you are as selective as the anti Israel crowd in choosing only negative portrayals.

POLITICAL IS PERSONAL IS AN INITIATIVE WHICH CONDUCTS IN-DEPTH INTERVIEWS WITH ISRAELI JEWISH AND PALESTINIAN WOMEN IN WHICH THEY SAFELY AND FREELY SHARE HOW THEIR LIVES HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THE REALITIES OF THIS CONFLICT.

Aya

I am 28 years old, and I'm from Lyd [Lod in Hebrew, Lyd in Arabic, mixed Jewish-Arab city 15km southeast from Tel Aviv].

I am married and I have a daughter. I’ve been a feminist and political activist for ten years.

View attachment 222078

Meital

I studied at Tel Aviv University. My bachelor’s degree is in cinema and philosophy, and my master’s degree is in literature.

I work in writing. I publish short stories, only for a small circle of people, but I’m in a development phase, and now one of my short stories has been chosen to be featured in the university’s magazine. The first magazine issue hasn’t come out yet, but they are working on it now.

My biggest dream, however, is to publish a story through a well-known publisher that will give my writing a spring board.

View attachment 222080

Wedad

I’m 29 years old, mother to two wonderful daughters, and a student in my last year of a Bachelor’s degree in psychology. Parallel to this, I also study group training, and this year I have spent a lot of time volunteering for the women’s organization Women Wage Peace.

The course in group training is basically a course not related to my degree. It’s something that you study independently with some intensive months of studying, and at the end of the course you receive a diploma.

I really like the course on group training, because I have previously got the opportunity to guide groups, but I wanted to gain professional skills, in order to learn how to do it really well. In addition to this, I am considering working within this field in the future.

The reason why I have chosen to study psychology and group guidance is that, first of all, I don’t have stage fright, and second of all I am a person, who likes to guide groups of people and to talk and to discuss, so I think all of this is very relevant [for me].

View attachment 222082

Rachel

I was born in Herzliya, and when I was a baby we moved to Kfar Saba. I've lived here ever since, but next year we are moving to Tzur Moshe, a moshav [Israeli village], which is a big deal. I'm looking forward to it.

My mother-in-law lives there. She has an olive plantation, and has lived there for 20 years. She is a very special woman. She is a widow and lives there alone, tending to the olive trees all by herself. Most people wouldn't do what she does.

We decided to move there, not to help her, as [Rachel and her husband] are two very busy people. We're moving there to give our children the quality of life that a moshav can offer.

I'll miss Kfar Saba a lot, because I come from a big family. My mother lives here, my sister lives close-by, and my brothers as well. Because of my relationship with them, our decision to move took many years. But sometimes it's difficult in Kfar Saba because we have five children. It's very loud and intense, and we are looking forward to silence from the moshav environment.

I don't think it will be calmer [in the moshav], because of all the work, but it will be a more secure environment, and lately we have been wanting to feel more secure.

In town there is a closer proximity to terror attacks. My children know that I work with Arab women and Palestinians all the time, so of course I teach my children that we don't need to fear Arabs. We need to get over the fears, because the number of terrorists is small. But one can't ignore the everyday news, including the stabbings that mostly take place in towns. The moshav will hopefully be a more hermetic, quiet, and secure place - not only in the safety aspect but in many other ways too.

View attachment 222083
The funny thing is that all women in Your post are Israeli citizens, not Palestinian. Such initiatives are possible only in, and are a function of the Israeli society.

On the other hand THIS mental disturbance, certainly does reflect the Palestinian Caliphate today:

Two are Israeli Jews. Two identify as Palestinian.

I realized I forgot to add the link to the site so it is now added. It is very interesting. Here is how they describe what they are doing.

What is PiP?
WHAT IS PIP?
Political is Personal / Israel + Palestine is a project of interviews conducted with individual Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women conveying how the conflict has affected their lives. Their stories help to personalize one of the most seemingly intractable conflicts in the world.

HOW - ARE THE STORIES WRITTEN
  • All the stories feature Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women, who are 18 years old or above;
  • The interviews are conducted either face-to-face, via Skype, email, chat or phone depending on circumstances and on the wishes of the interviewees;
  • The first name of the interviewee is included in the title of her story or is completely anonymous - all depending on the wishes of the interviewee;
  • Interviews are free-flowing, allowing for the subject's safe, non-judgmental, open telling of her thoughts, experience and feelings.
  • Stories are edited only for clarity, flow and structure.
  • Tolerance, Respect and Sensitivity: Once the story of an interviewee is written, it is sent back to her for her approval or modifications. Because of the sensitivity of the political situation, and because the stories will be publicly available, no story is published without the full consent of the interviewee.

:coffee:
Did that girl at the end just confirm that "Palestinian nationalism" is separate from statehood?

Israelis have been saying this for the last 5 decades - You guys have no interest in an independent state, never did. I guess we just had to speak much S-L-O-W-E-R when addressing You geniuses...

The Palestinians do not need to create "a state."

Aya

View attachment 222078

Meital

View attachment 222080

Wedad

View attachment 222082

Rachel

View attachment 222083

I think you are as selective as the anti Israel crowd in choosing only negative portrayals.

Aya

View attachment 222078

Meital

View attachment 222080

Wedad

View attachment 222082

Rachel

View attachment 222083

Two are Israeli Jews. Two identify as Palestinian.

None of them are citizens of Palestine, all Israelis.
You have yet to bring up any equivalent Palestinian initiative just the ones from Israelis, we both know why.

There's no equivalence between Israel and the Palestinian Caliphates.
Only one side is open for a 2-way dialogue.

Last edited:

Did that girl at the end just confirm that "Palestinian nationalism" is separate from statehood?

Israelis have been saying this for the last 5 decades - You guys have no interest in an independent state, never did. I guess we just had to speak much S-L-O-W-E-R when addressing You geniuses...

I thought Pal'istan was a "country".

That is confusing here in the US. Our "country" is made up of 50 "states."

Of course they don't, there's already an Arab state on 78% of the Palestinian land with Arab majority. They just have to let Jews have what is left.

Problem solved.

What country should the islamic terrorist "state" of gaza become a part of?

I realized I forgot to add the link to the site so it is now added. It is very interesting. Here is how they describe what they are doing.

What is PiP?
WHAT IS PIP?
Political is Personal / Israel + Palestine is a project of interviews conducted with individual Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women conveying how the conflict has affected their lives. Their stories help to personalize one of the most seemingly intractable conflicts in the world.

HOW - ARE THE STORIES WRITTEN
  • All the stories feature Palestinian and Israeli Jewish women, who are 18 years old or above;
  • The interviews are conducted either face-to-face, via Skype, email, chat or phone depending on circumstances and on the wishes of the interviewees;
  • The first name of the interviewee is included in the title of her story or is completely anonymous - all depending on the wishes of the interviewee;
  • Interviews are free-flowing, allowing for the subject's safe, non-judgmental, open telling of her thoughts, experience and feelings.
  • Stories are edited only for clarity, flow and structure.
  • Tolerance, Respect and Sensitivity: Once the story of an interviewee is written, it is sent back to her for her approval or modifications. Because of the sensitivity of the political situation, and because the stories will be publicly available, no story is published without the full consent of the interviewee.

Which side initiated this?

I don't know. Maybe the state of Israel and the state of Palestine in a country called The Holy Land.

This is why Israel is a unique case, because unlike in the US and the rest of the middle east, the indigenous nation actually became independent - a thing that Arabs still whine about, and the US will probably never allow.

Why don't You give 1 of the 52 states to the Indians?

Last edited:

I don't know. Maybe the state of Israel and the state of Palestine in a country called The Holy Land.

How is that different from the demand to give a part of Spain to the Caliphate?
Using Your demented logic Spaniards would be happy...

Arabs-Moslems within the two, competing welfare fraud enclaves are far more concerned with tearing down Israel than they are with building a functioning state. The two-state solution (Gaza'istan and Fatah'istan), is just not going to happen.

This is why Israel is a unique case, because unlike in the US and the rest of the middle east, the indigenous nation actually became independent - a thing that Arabs still whine about, and the US will probably never allow.

Why don't You give 1 state to the Indians?

The American Indians received US citizenship (I don't know. About a hundred years ago or so.) One is now running for congress. One was the vice presidential candidate in a presidential election.

Winona LaDuke - Wikipedia
Winona_duke_dream_reborn.png

Many do not live on the Rez and just live out like everyone else. One friend of mine owned a shrimp boat.

The American Indians received US citizenship (I don't know. About a hundred years ago or so.) One is now running for congress. One was the vice presidential candidate in a presidential election.

Many do not live on the Rez and just live out like everyone else. One friend of mine owned a shrimp boat.
Israel is exactly a tiny reservation in a sea of 50+ Muslim states.
Let me know when the 1st Jew is allowed in either the PLO, Hamas, Hizballah, Assad or the Jordanian govt...

Last edited:

Indigenous saving our food.

TedxTC Seeds of our Ancestors, Seeds of Life

A seed library to save Palestinian agricultural heritage

There are seeds unique to the geographic area of Palestine?

Indigenous palestinian seeds?

Link?

Link?

You don't know jack about agriculture.

Link?

You don't know jack about agriculture.

Deflection. Your usual retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back