Parler is scaring the shit out of the control freaks

Personally...I think I'll stick with usmb.It has its rules but its not like twatter or even parler, which is a bitch to try to get the hang of. Still trying to understand Parler...and twatter I no longer have to worry about since they kicked me out, lol.
I find I can understand the community better...Twitter just seems like listening to a crowd.
Exactly. Having a crayon and writing on whatever small area you can find to scribble your own thoughts...but there are so many scribbles, most of the time nobody sees what you scribbled.
I gave enough links to this place while there...so hopefully those that followed me or chatted with me often will remember where I said to go when they notice I am MIA. Here. To usmb.:hhello:
Great analogy! And Twitter/parlor etc gives everyone an inflated sense of self importance.
Oh yes! And the beggings to follow each other. Some even say "first 20 to retweet this, I will follow" as if they are special or something. Meh. Phooey on 'em.
I know! How much more self absorbed can you get?

Sure, the march towards two entirely separate and distinct realities continues.

I don't know how the country is supposed to survive in such an environment, but maybe that's the goal.
Well we’re not staying in your fascist utopia that shuts down opposing opinions.

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo
So...like...who is scared?

Competition is good (though twitter et al seems like a waste of time).

Coyote,

I am not a twitter user. I agree with you that it seems a waste of time.

I did find this interesting coming from the left. They called Parlor a "thread to democracy".

Your thoughts ?

Go down to the exchanger between Pamela Brown and Brian Skelter.

The only thing I don't like is that you don't see the entire interview. So, I am never sure if words are taken out of context. Just some food for thought.

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo

Coyote,

I did find this interesting coming from the left. They called Parlor a "thread to democracy".

Your thoughts ?

The only thing I don't like is that you don't see the entire interview. So, I am never sure if words are taken out of context. Just some food for thought.
I never got Twitter either. Just seems like a distraction for people with low attention spans.

I don't know how the country is supposed to survive in such an environment, but maybe that's the goal.
It's freedom of thought dude. The left Hates it when people think for themselves.
FEAR OF FREEDOM...

Jo

Jo

Coyote,

Your thoughts ?

I never got Twitter either. Just seems like a distraction for people with low attention spans.

I suppose I am just not that into the whole social media thing. I don't Facebook either. However, many of the political groups I follow use that as their main communication medium.

Who decides which reality is.......reality?

I didn't know until just now that anyone gave a crap about people using Parler. The only reason I even know Parler exists is because some people have mentioned it on USMB. I don't use Twitter and I don't think anyone I know on FB has left to join Parler, so I couldn't care much less about people switching. :p

I've never had any censorship problems on FB, but I don't use it for political discussions (or at least not more than a post or two here and there). For me it's really just a place to chat with friends. If people find Parler more comfortable, less restrictive, more power to em. :dunno:

Jo

Coyote,

Your thoughts ?

I suppose I am just not that into the whole social media thing. I don't Facebook either. However, many of the political groups I follow use that as their main communication medium.

More than that. It's a way to organize. That's what scares the left so much.... The right is now organizing.

Jo

Jo

Coyote,

Your thoughts ?

More than that. It's a way to organize. That's what scares the left so much.... The right is now organizing.

Jo

Again, I have to ask. Who is scared by this? It seems like you're shadowboxing.

I'll wait to see if Trump gets his four more years. If not, then Parler seems a waste of time to join up on, or to visit any political forum for long. No Trump is all snooze sleaze empty suits. :45:

Nothing to worry about.

eventually who ever owns parlor will not want to be known as the haven for white supremacists and start banning people....

Then it starts all over again.

Jo

Coyote,

Your thoughts ?

Or thieves like me, lol. In the wee hours here...its daytime over there. Fantastic pics of icelandic horses, stunning photography of towns in the alps, cute animal pics, etc. Thankfully I can still see in there....which means I can steal the pics, lol.

Jo

Coyote,

Your thoughts ?

Jo
Little too late in my humble opinion.

Nothing to worry about.

eventually who ever owns parlor will not want to be known as the haven for white supremacists and start banning people....

Exactly. That's why a free market is so much better than state-driven social engineering. We don't need laws telling people they can't be racists. We just need to stop accommodating racists. Much of Trump's appeal is his perceived function as a middle finger to hyper-sensitive, 'woke' culture and political correctness. And I get that - it's largely petty and ridiculous. But I also think that the voluntary shunning, implied by political correctness, is better than dictating matters through coercive laws. If people don't want to do business with racists that's their prerogative.

Last edited:

Nothing to worry about.

Exactly. That's why a free market is so much better than state-driven social engineering. We don't need laws telling people they can't be racists. We just need to stop accommodating racists. Much of Trump's appeal is his perceived function as a middle finger to hyper-sensitive, 'woke' culture and political correctness. And I get that - it's largely petty and ridiculous. But I also think that the voluntary shunning, implied by political correctness, is better than dictating matters through coercive laws. If people don't want to do business with racists that's their prerogative.

I'm not sure about all of that. but I'm positive that the reason there are so many social media platforms is because there was dis-satisfaction with the incumbents either in features or content. Usually features but content is the driver with Parlor. Once Parlor flattens out in it's "unique user" count...it will start trying to broaden it's appeal to mainstream. That means that people who oppose racists and hateful bigots that make up the blob's base.

You'll notice the same exact thing is happening with FOX news. First they got rid of O'Reiley and Drudge (I believe he had a show on there) and Glenn Beck when they went off the deep end. And now that FOX isn't carrying the water on the re-counts...the nutjobs are migrating away to whomever has that feature. Its different than Parlor because stars draw eyeballs on network TV.

This is what happens when you have such a fracture. Democrats can petty much draw a straight line from Mondale to Biden in terms of their views. Republicans can no longer do that with Trump in their camp...Reagan/McCain/Romney Republicans (not to mention Bush or Dole republicans) are now out of favor. Will they re-emerge. I think so but then again...you could see the GOP fracture into two groups just as easily.

Lotsa fun. NOT. I wish we had two parties for me to consider in national elections.

From Newsweek:

Parler, the social media platform that boasts about being a haven for "free speech," has apparently started to ban accounts and remove content.

Over the past few days, several Twitter users have tweeted that they've been kicked off of Parler. Judging from the posts announcing that they've been booted, at least some of the banned Parler users seem to have signed up for the service precisely to test the limits of the app's so-called "freedom of speech" policy.

"Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours because conservatives truly love free speech," one user recently wrote on Twitter.

Jo
Sounds good.

We shouldn’t hear any more of this rightwing nonsense about ‘breaking up’ FB and Twitter, or that either are ‘utilities’ that should be subject to government regulation.

Forum List

Back