Parler is scaring the shit out of the control freaks

Sure, the march towards two entirely separate and distinct realities continues.

I don't know how the country is supposed to survive in such an environment, but maybe that's the goal.
Is it possible that the Left asked for this?

I don't know how the country is supposed to survive in such an environment, but maybe that's the goal.
Is it possible that the Left asked for this?
This is a choice that both ends are making. And the rest of the country is suffering for it.

One uniform lie under FaceBook and Twitter that everyone agrees to is better?

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo

The Liberals will probably try and use some antiquated doctrine to shut down alternative social media sites that they can’t control.

From Newsweek:

Parler, the social media platform that boasts about being a haven for "free speech," has apparently started to ban accounts and remove content.

Over the past few days, several Twitter users have tweeted that they've been kicked off of Parler. Judging from the posts announcing that they've been booted, at least some of the banned Parler users seem to have signed up for the service precisely to test the limits of the app's so-called "freedom of speech" policy.

"Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours because conservatives truly love free speech," one user recently wrote on Twitter.

I'm not a member of Parlor yet, but every forum has it's rules including here on USMB. The difference is banning content because it's not to your political liking.

<pssssst>

nobody should get their ' news ' from FB, twitter, parler, talking pundits, or message boards.

see something? hear an audio clip?

search them out & see how legit they are.

use sources that university level research demands. fact check... think critically ....

It's freedom of thought dude. The left Hates it when people think for themselves.
FEAR OF FREEDOM...

Jo

So a group that all thinks the same is individual thinking?

It's freedom of thought dude. The left Hates it when people think for themselves.
FEAR OF FREEDOM...

Jo

So a group that all thinks the same is individual thinking?
That's what they told to believe. Gotta love the irony there.

I didn't know until just now that anyone gave a crap about people using Parler. The only reason I even know Parler exists is because some people have mentioned it on USMB. I don't use Twitter and I don't think anyone I know on FB has left to join Parler, so I couldn't care much less about people switching. :p

I've never had any censorship problems on FB, but I don't use it for political discussions (or at least not more than a post or two here and there). For me it's really just a place to chat with friends. If people find Parler more comfortable, less restrictive, more power to em. :dunno:

FB was originally for friends and family to communicate and some played their games. In the past 4 years been invaded by political bullshit. Twitter sucks and is for low attention spans. Parler who cares?

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo

This is what happens when you ignore the desires of your customers. This is the way it should be. The NFL is having their worst ratings in ever, and one would think with so many people home and not having to go to work on Monday, Sunday would be a party and they'd get more viewers than ever. Basketball went downhill too.

My former coworker was not only an avid football fan, but a retired Cleveland Police officer. When they started this kneeling crap, he and his wife announced to their friends no football will be seen in their home. They are more than welcome to come over for a visit, but they won't be watching any football games.

FB was originally for friends and family to communicate and some played their games. In the past 4 years been invaded by political bullshit. Twitter sucks and is for low attention spans. Parler who cares?

The big two should care because they are losing members. People on FB told me they are having a hard time getting on Parler because of the traffic. Apparently they were not prepared for this rush of people. If FB had a rule of no political content, that's fine. The problem is when they censor right leaning political content and not left leaning.

The big two should care because they are losing members. People on FB told me they are having a hard time getting on Parler because of the traffic. Apparently they were not prepared for this rush of people. If FB had a rule of no political content, that's fine. The problem is when they censor right leaning political content and not left leaning.
Facebook doesn’t want to be responsible for spreading disinformation and insane conspiracy theories like QAnon. If Parler does, so be it, but they’re not going to find many advertisers to support their platform which is comprised heavily of fringe theories and material that is objectionable to most people.

Forum List

Back