Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I never used assault against her, I cited her own admission that this led her to turn to these delusions as a coping mechanism as highlighting her own confession that nothing she thinks or says is based on reason and her religion is a mental illness

You are claiming that her being raped has led her to develop a mental illness?

Not only do you have no credentials to make such a claim, but that's just plain cruel. Below the belt. Uncalled for. Wrong.

he's funny that way.
Eh...I suppose I'll learn. I try to avoid bearing my fangs at every minor disturbance...

Last edited:
Again, the scriptures themselves argue against Yeshua. therefore, if jesus is god, then he has refuted and contradicted himself.
The scriptures argue against Yeshua? How so? The authors of the Gospels went to great trouble to ensure the connection between Jewish scripture and Jesus. Thus, the constant refrain of Elijah, Isaiah, and the prophets.

It fits almost too nicely.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING! Coffee all around...

coffee.jpg

heartbeat.gif
hug.gif
heartbeat.gif

(I know, disgusting, huh :D)

Again, the scriptures themselves argue against Yeshua. therefore, if jesus is god, then he has refuted and contradicted himself.
The scriptures argue against Yeshua? How so? The authors of the Gospels went to great trouble to ensure the connection between Jewish scripture and Jesus. Thus, the constant refrain of Elijah, Isaiah, and the prophets.

coffee.jpg

heartbeat.gif
hug.gif
heartbeat.gif

not for us Java freaks !!!! thanks Jen !:clap2:

coffee.jpg

heartbeat.gif
hug.gif
heartbeat.gif

I could use a cup right now...but I'll have to settle with tea...

Good morning!

I've got some catching up to do but this one I had to comment on now

eagle, ever wonder why God almost seems to orchestrate a rift between Jews and Christians?

10 And He said, “To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that

‘ Seeing they may not see,
And hearing they may not understand.’

WHY was that?

And then when I was trying to go over things with a Jew, I realized how the two beliefs support each other to the whole world.

If all of Judaism accepted Christ as Savior and everything flowed seamlessly, the rest of the world would have pointed at all the prophesies and claim they were added in after the fact.

Because of the rift, NOBODY is going to believe the Jews changed the Scriptures to support Jesus Christ's fulfillment of them.

And the Jews maintained the original Scriptures that the early church could not change in attempts to villify the Jews.

Every way I look at it, it seems so obvious. God went through great lengths that all would know that Jesus Christ is Lord, from the prophesies seeming to contradict themselves, naming both Bethlehem and Egypt (I think it's Egypt or perhaps Nazareth) as where the Messiah came from...how could one man fulfill both? and yet Christ does.

You're right, it all fits perfectly. And only the Messiah could in so many ways. God is not only concerned with the heavenly position of the Jews and the Christians, but the whole world, for God so loved the world...

coffee.jpg

heartbeat.gif
hug.gif
heartbeat.gif

not for us Java freaks !!!! thanks Jen !:clap2:

you'reeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome! oh I slept GOOD last night!

coffee.jpg

heartbeat.gif
hug.gif
heartbeat.gif

I could use a cup right now...but I'll have to settle with tea...

Good morning!

How come and what kind?

Well a WHOLE BREAKFAST for you then

breakfast-sm.jpg

The coward still offers no refutation, instead burying her head ever deeper

and these people expect to be taken seriously? Our government lets them continue to destroy the minds of our children and they even want to let their illness influence national policy. and people wonder why these country's in so much trouble?

what are you talking about? And why do you keep saying I said Jesus sinned?

(wracking brain) no, no I can't recall ever saying that...:eusa_eh:

If my arguments can't stand, then why is it that neither of you idiots can refute any of them?

can't or won't?

you flood the topic with internet accusations

people who do that generally never even read the response, just slap up 10 more like it

so I've asked you, please pick your best shot and if I don't know the answer I'll pray and research it for you

but I am not going to waste my time looking up a bunch of ridiculous accusations

Have you come up with one yet? Take your best shot.

There ARE some mysteries that I don't think we're supposed to know the answer to, like the Trinity, but usually when I have a question I can find the answer with a little effort.

So of all your accusations which one do you think is the strongest to make your case?

Last edited:
JB, like Agna, will follow you around carping on the same thing endlessly, and then claim victory if after your initial round you refuse to engage.

Then God is not perfect, for perfection would not change

The COVENANT changed, not God. Jeremiah prophesied it would and it did, with Christ.

The people were and are unable to keep the law, they broke and break the old covenant all the time, thus the need for a Savior.

Jesus fulfilled the law. We are now in a time of grace.

The changes you see are the mercy of God.

Now, on the topic of Mel Gibson...

1. I love his movies, and Passion of the Christ is no exception. Granted, you may argue that I cannot feel the full impact of the film as a non-believer, and perhaps this is the case.

2. I would much prefer The Patriot over the Passion.

3. Mel Gibson is most likely anti-semitic. He was raised to hate Jews, there is plenty of ammunition to condemn Jews with in the Bible, and his life has been made miserable by multiple Jewish organizations. I believe his drunken utterances revealed his true feelings, buried underneath years of rationalization and politically-correct repression.

I don't think his racism detracts from his filmography.

Yes but no matter how you are raised, we do think for ourselves as adults. And according to Scriptures, all hatred of the Jews is unfounded, especially when considering how Christ demonstrated His heart toward them, "Father forgive them, (Jews, Romans, all mankind) they don't know what they're doing" as He hung on the cross. Any chance of anyone claiming to act against Jews in the name of Christ is out of their heads.

And the passion that I've seen of some who continue to do that is so irrational I have no alternative but to think it's demonic.

JB, like Agna, will follow you around carping on the same thing endlessly, and then claim victory if after your initial round you refuse to engage.

I'll only engage with their best shot, one at a time. And I sure hope you'll be around when it comes :eusa_angel:

See my earlier posts, which caused JenT to run away and byury her head more deeply

huh? do I have a twin again? don't remember this happening either.

Again, JB, choose your best argument, I'm still waiting.

Indeed. Victory by filibuster.

An effective tactic, but easily countered by cutting to the quick. Any posthumous claims of victory, while enhancing the posters ego, appear foolish to all observing the conversation.

See my earlier posts, which caused JenT to run away and byury her head more deeply

JB's tactics boil down to filibustering with the same old rehashed points and name-calling.

Even when directly given ammunition with which to launch a different attack, he still falls back on name-calling. See this post and this response, for an example of what I mean.

Demonstrate:
-that god exists
-that the god that exists is the god you speak of
-that this god can give law
that this god's law can be known
-that this god's law condemns 'muder' (a meaningless word, in context)
You are asking me to demonstrate the existence of a God I don't believe in???

This has been a fun intellectual exercise, but I'm afraid you are taking this far too seriously, insulting my intelligence and education.

No need to be a feral dog.

LOL I'm not sure what a feral dog is, but I'll take a shot at answering. You write BEAUTIFULLY by the way!

Demonstrate:
-that god exists

pinch yourself

-that the god that exists is the god you speak of

fulfilled prophesies, personal witnesses, I would say miracles but I know you won't accept them without seeing them yourself. And God reveals Himself to those that love and obey Him. And my .02 is, when you go out on a limb for Him,
shock.gif

-that this god can give law

Moses? Stone tablets? Millions obeying Him? Obviously He did...

that this god's law can be known

open the Bible, it is also known in our hearts

-that this god's law condemns 'muder' (a meaningless word, in context)

Thou shalt not murder

JB's tactics boil down to filibustering with the same old rehashed points and name-calling.

Even when directly given ammunition with which to launch a different attack, he still falls back on name-calling. See this post and this response, for an example of what I mean.

awww I'm outta time and I'm still on page 10

Eagle, are YOU giving him ammo? LOLOLOLOL

where is my frypan....

God bless! to those who want it!

Ah...kinda like this? ;)

Oh, and I lol'd at the lock. I guess certain individuals don't take kindly to differences of opinion. :lol:

Forum List

Back