pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Fox News? Right wing religion? The town probably doesn't want that many armed people gathering on a Sunday morning in public?

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Fox News? Right wing religion? The town probably doesn't want that many armed people gathering on a Sunday morning in public?

No, but idiots fit right in. I'm sure they'd love to have you!

:razz:

YOU do not either, nor does the preacher. The city employee in charge of permits decides that.

Actually the Constitution decided that 237 years ago, idiot. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, you statist liberal! Show us exactly where the Constitution decided preachers get to preach on public beaches whenever they want.

:lol: This will be good.

And TK will tell me he has me on ignore yet will talk to me. :lol:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

sufficient for you?

Actually the Constitution decided that 237 years ago, idiot. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, you statist liberal! Show us exactly where the Constitution decided preachers get to preach on public beaches whenever they want.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

sufficient for you?

I'm sure Jake will avoid this question.

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

where did he say he went up and preached to people?

you're just a religious bigot

Dumbass. He is preaching on a public beach in the middle of summer...Ya seriously think NO ONE else besides his sheeple could hear him? I doubt it. I love taking walks with my wife on the beach and do not need some idiot like him ruining my day with his rants.

I would love to walk along the beach with my husband and not hear children screaming as they hop waves. Maybe we can ban kids from beaches too. Oh, and I don't want to smell barbque either. So ban those as well. And no beach parties!! I don't want to hear them talk about whatever they are talking about.

In short...his rights are being violated. Don't want to hear what he is saying to his group on the beach? Don't listen.

sufficient for you?

I'm sure Jake will avoid this question.
He will likely respond to my post. He usually does, but he will not speak to my point.

I don't care if it isn't endorsing a religion its harassing beach goers who have no interest in the rantings of a mad man. That shit belongs in a church not on a public beach.

How is he harassing beachgoers? He sounded perfectly sane to me.. cite some examples of "rantings of a mad man".

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

Common decency? Don't radical lefties understand that the 1st Amendment applies to Christian preachers just as it applies to "wet T shirt volleyball" and Big Easy drag queen contests? I rest my case about the left's bigoted view of the Bill of Rights.

He will more likely take my post and attempt (poorly) to use my words against me in a kind of school yard I'm rubber and you're glue, thing.
FakeSmarmy lacks any shred of creativity or originality.

How on Earth does praying on a beach constitute the state endorsing a religion?

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

Its a public beach. Get the fuck off it and into church where you belong.

So, we can't tell you what you can and can't do with "your body," yet you can tell us where we can and can't pray.

Another perfect example of liberal hypocrisy.

How on Earth does praying on a beach constitute the state endorsing a religion?

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

So, we can't tell you what you can and can't do with "your body," yet you can tell us where we can and can't pray.

Its a public beach, you do not have the right to force your crap down the throats of those people on public property.

Its a public beach, you do not have the right to force your crap down the throats of those people on public property.

If you had read the entire article I linked to, you would have seen where the pavilion had been rented out to Churches many times in the past, as well as other groups.

As pointed out numerous times, the "State" can not refuse religious speech in an area where they allow other speech. It is Unconstititonal.

Forum List

Back