pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Actually I do when I call the authorities or file a lawsuit for harassment.

See that's what you always do. Sue. If you cannot accept people openly spreading their faith, you sue. How would they be harassing you if they weren't surrounding you or singling you out for ridicule? You are a spiteful, and distasteful person Cap. You're going to have a man arrested for exercising his 1st Amendment rights?

No. Stop right there. I have members of my family who fought and died to protect that and any other preacher's right to preach on that beach. And even your right to be an asshole to these people. But I will not in the least, stand for you or anyone else actively seeking to destroy that right.

You want the right to force secularist ideals on Americans, but you won't allow a man to preach the Word of God to those who are willing to listen. You hypocrite!

:eusa_hand:
His preaching is harassment to non believers or even people who don't want to hear it. That's why they have these things called churches! He should try using one.Either way I am tired of the circle jerk here....the city is right he is wrong. End of story.

YOU do not get to decide that, Cap.

YOU do not either, nor does the preacher. The city employee in charge of permits decides that.

Actually the Constitution decided that 237 years ago, idiot. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, you statist liberal! Show us exactly where the Constitution decided preachers get to preach on public beaches whenever they want.

:lol: This will be good.

And TK will tell me he has me on ignore yet will talk to me. :lol:

Last edited:
Actually I do when I call the authorities or file a lawsuit for harassment.

See that's what you always do. Sue. If you cannot accept people openly spreading their faith, you sue. How would they be harassing you if they weren't surrounding you or singling you out for ridicule? You are a spiteful, and distasteful person Cap. You're going to have a man arrested for exercising his 1st Amendment rights?

No. Stop right there. I have members of my family who fought and died to protect that and any other preacher's right to preach on that beach. And even your right to be an asshole to these people. But I will not in the least, stand for you or anyone else actively seeking to destroy that right.

You want the right to force secularist ideals on Americans, but you won't allow a man to preach the Word of God to those who are willing to listen. You hypocrite!

:eusa_hand:
His preaching is harassment to non believers or even people who don't want to hear it. That's why they have these things called churches! He should try using one.Either way I am tired of the circle jerk here....the city is right he is wrong. End of story.

Is this all the justification you have? Since when did mere inconvenience morph into harassment? When you erect monuments as you did in Florida, there are just as many people who don't care to see it, so they simply ignore it. But I don't see any of them wanting to file suit against your type. But hey, you make a ruckus about people not wanting to hear the pastor preach. You and your ilk defy logic, and common sense. There is never an end to this story, so long as there are people practicing regular intolerance of others of faith in this world. Either way, I'm tired of this circular thinking of yours. You need to grow up and exercise a bit of tolerance, Cap. End of story.

Last edited:
Jake, shut your face. There is a reason I have you on ignore. I can choose to respond to or ignore you at will. I will thereby not dignify your childishness with a pertinent response. Please by all means, argue with empty bandwidth if you wish. Good evening.

Thanx to the liberal revolution in education and the media during the 60's and the 70's the radicals have been convinced that the Bill of Rights extends only to left wing agendas. Thanks to the incredible power of the ACLU, the radical left radicals were assured that they had the right to burn the Stars and Stripes in the streets and spit on Soldiers and use he "F" word in public. When it came time for Christian religions to express their 1st Amendments rights the ACLU took much need vacation time and the ignorant and bigoted left assumed that the 1st Amendment rights for all citizens was determined by political affiliation and that the IRS could be used to suppress 1st Amendment rights and Christians were "whining" if they protested.

Last edited:
NO ONE I repeat NO ONE should be out there preaching,yelling non sense etc...its a place to have fun,play in the water etc...not to preach religion or lack there of.

This is what I mean about your arguments contradicting your ideology.

An anarchist isn't supposed to tell others what they can or can't do.

Looks to me like to have anarchy mixed up with statism.

YOU do not either, nor does the preacher. The city employee in charge of permits decides that.

Oh, you statist liberal! Show us exactly where the Constitution decided preachers get to preach on public beaches whenever they want.

It's very simple, if the church decides to hold services on the public beach, not using city facilities, the first amendment gives them the right to peaceably assemble and to freely exercise their religion. They only need permission if they want to use city facilities, just like anyone else.

Jake, shut your face. There is a reason I have you on ignore. I can choose to respond to or ignore you at will. I will thereby not dignify your childishness with a pertinent response. Please by all means, argue with empty bandwidth if you wish. Good evening.

I told you elsewhere that you would get your butt kicked if you did not straighten out: you did. I said you would say you had me on ignore yet talk to me. You painfully woeful little reactionary. I hear you look cute in your cardboard armor.

Back to OP: the pastor is subject to all the laws as anyone else who wants to use public space for specific reasons not normally associated with public use.

Last edited:

I told you elsewhere that you would get your butt kicked if you did not straighten out: you did. I said you would say you had me on ignore yet talk to me. You painfully woeful little reactionary. I hear you look cute in your cardboard armor.

Back to OP: the pastor is subject to all the laws as anyone else who wants to use public space for specific reasons not normally associated with public use.

Right, and freedom of speech applies especially to public spaces.

It's very simple, if the church decides to hold services on the public beach, not using city facilities, the first amendment gives them the right to peaceably assemble and to freely exercise their religion. They only need permission if they want to use city facilities, just like anyone else.

Thank you, OKTexas. That is a good start, if they are going to use it in ways normally associated with its use.

If they are going to exceed normal use in numbers and PA system, they will need a permit.

reactionary

:lol:

Yurt, tell us why the Pastor is whining that he has to follow the special use exemption like everyone else?

Thank you, OKTexas. That is a good start, if they are going to use it in ways normally associated with its use.

If they are going to exceed normal use in numbers and PA system, they will need a permit.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. Normal use is NOT an issue, there are thousands of reasons people go to the beach, they don't have to meet an arbitrary normal use standard.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. Normal use is NOT an issue, there are thousands of reasons people go to the beach, they don't have to meet an arbitrary normal use standard.

I did not put words in your mouth. Holding services with a PA system is an abnormal use standard, yes, it is. Let's stay on track.

What an arrogant ass to think he has the right to harass other people and cause disruption in a public place meant for peace and quiet and enjoying yourself not hellfire and brimstone and dancing angels on a pen...

The arrogance here is you thinking people have the right not to be insulted. If it actually worked that way I could get all huffy and demand that the staff ban you because you insult me.
We don't have the right to be insulted but there is a line between insulting and harassment/causing disruption and you can be charged...I know I have been. :)

There may, or may not, be such a line, but you have no idea where it is.

I did not put words in your mouth. Holding services with a PA system is an abnormal use standard, yes, it is. Let's stay on track.

I guess someone who has their family reunion on the beach and uses a bull horn to keep things organized would also need a permit. Your reaching for reasons to be disagreeable that aren't there. There is nothing in the first amendment that restricts peaceable assembly to normal use.

I guess someone who has their family reunion on the beach and uses a bull horn to keep things organized would also need a permit. Your reaching for reasons to be disagreeable that aren't there. There is nothing in the first amendment that restricts peaceable assembly to normal use.

If it were going to be a distraction to the rest of the beach, yes, that would be logical.

Forum List

Back