pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

He was having service...have you ever been to a xtian church? I have and yes they scream,yell,stop their feet,"talk in tongues" etc.

another falsehood that you think gullible people will swallow up

some churches do preach like that, most, however, do not

that is a simple fact

and given your statement includes all churches, i suggest you go to an SDA church and then come back an apologize for your bigotry

Did I say all...first you say its a falsehood then you prove you are wrong by saying yes some do that...He could have been doing that...either way the point being why is he bothering people on a beach? He has a church use it! He did this on purpose...he knew it would annoy people and seeing how a beach is state property it is a separation of church and state issue. :)

i wouldn't appreciate anyone screaming i'm going to hell

the pastor in question, however, was not screaming. thus, you once again exhibit dishonesty regarding your thread.

Yurt is saying that a preacher has the right to and can get up anywhere and preach to folks on public property?

:lol:

unless he is deemed a nuisance...yes he does have that right, so do you

you can preach your liberal values so long as you are not a nuisance

please stay away from this topic as it is clear you don't know shit about it

That has never stopped JakeTheFake before...why would it now?!

He was having service...have you ever been to a xtian church? I have and yes they scream,yell,stop their feet,"talk in tongues" etc.

No. No, they don't. The loudest thing I have heard at most church services is singing, and occasionally, the entire congregation saying "AMEN" in unison.

that is a simple fact

and given your statement includes all churches, i suggest you go to an SDA church and then come back an apologize for your bigotry

Did I say all...first you say its a falsehood then you prove you are wrong by saying yes some do that...He could have been doing that...either way the point being why is he bothering people on a beach? He has a church use it! He did this on purpose...he knew it would annoy people and seeing how a beach is state property it is a separation of church and state issue. :)

You completely misunderstand the aspect of separation of church and state. Is the preacher not a taxpayer himself? Does he not help fund that beach? What about his congregation? Do their tax dollars not go towards paying for that beach? So how is it fair to deny them access to that beach because of their faith? Isn't that discriminatory?

No. No, they don't. The loudest thing I have heard at most church services is singing, and occasionally, the entire congregation saying "AMEN" in unison.

You ain't been to a pentacostal church then....I have...

that is a simple fact

You completely misunderstand the aspect of separation of church and state. Is the preacher not a taxpayer himself? Does he not help fund that beach? What about his congregation? Do their tax dollars not go towards paying for that beach? So how is it fair to deny them access to that beach because of their faith? Isn't that discriminatory?

He has every right to use that beach as a private citizen which he is not when he decides to preach to the beach goers...he then turns into a nuisance that needs to be removed. Hey how about me and my wife go have sex on the beach...that should be protected as well...I pay for the damn beach...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

How is it whining? It's his 1st Amendment right. What if they banned drag queens from public beaches? The sissie liberal male establishment would be disappointed and the ACLU and every freaking liberal media outlet would be on the beach with satellite dish trucks.

that is a simple fact

you certainly did not limit your opinion to one church..you said christian church and yes they scream...clearly implying all christian churches

it is a falsehood that all do that, how is saying some do that prove that i'm wrong by saying all do not do that?

he "could" have been doing that....that is all i need from you, thanks for admitting you're full of shit. how do you know he was bothering people? do you also agree that you should not be allowed to "preach" your beliefs at a beach? he knew it would annoy people....please cite...because from your article he believed having a service at the beach was following god's will, not that it would annoy people.

please stop being such a dishonest bigot.

He has every right to use that beach as a private citizen which he is not when he decides to preach to the beach goers...he then turns into a nuisance that needs to be removed. Hey how about me and my wife go have sex on the beach...that should be protected as well...I pay for the damn beach...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

he is still a private citizen retard....fuck private citizens get written up for nuisance all the time, see college parties

you are either a troll or the dumbest person on the interwebs

The beach is a big place, why can't they just go somewhere out of earshot? Is that too hard? He pays for that "damn beach" too! You don't get to dictate where people can and cannot go to spread the gospel of their religion. You and your wife can go to a nudist beach to make love, but that would get you booked for public indecency on a public beach.

What if I stopped an Atheist from spouting his nothingness on a public beach? Yes indeed, you would raise the same hell that this pastor has. You are a stereotypical prick, Cap, as far as religion is concerned.

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

How is it whining? It's his 1st Amendment right. What if they banned drag queens from public beaches? The sissie liberal male establishment would be disappointed and the ACLU and every freaking liberal media outlet would be on the beach with satellite dish trucks.
For them just walking down the beach that would be wrong...now if they were yelling,screaming,preaching making a nuisance of themselves then yes they deserve to be kicked off the beach.

The beach is a big place, why can't they just go somewhere out of earshot? Is that too hard? He pays for that "damn beach" too! You don't get to dictate where people can and cannot go to spread the gospel of their religion. You and your wife can go to a nudist beach to make love, but that would get you booked for public indecency on a public beach.

What if I stopped an Atheist from spouting his nothingness on a public beach? Yes indeed, you would raise the same hell that this pastor has. You are a stereotypical prick, Cap, as far as religion is concerned.
NO ONE I repeat NO ONE should be out there preaching,yelling non sense etc...its a place to have fun,play in the water etc...not to preach religion or lack there of.

For them just walking down the beach that would be wrong...now if they were yelling,screaming,preaching making a nuisance of themselves then yes they deserve to be kicked off the beach.

NO ONE I repeat NO ONE should be out there preaching,yelling non sense etc...its a place to have fun,play in the water etc...not to preach religion or lack there of.

proof this asshole troll is against free speech

The preacher will be treated as anybody else who wants access to public property.

He is not special. His church affiliation gives him no exception at all.

To give him and his PA system access without the same scrutiny as another permit request would be discrimination.

YOU do not get to decide that, Cap.

Actually I do when I call the authorities or file a lawsuit for harassment.

See that's what you always do. Sue. If you cannot accept people openly spreading their faith, you sue. How would they be harassing you if they weren't surrounding you or singling you out for ridicule? You are a spiteful, and distasteful person Cap. You're going to have a man arrested for exercising his 1st Amendment rights?

No. Stop right there. I have members of my family who fought and died to protect that and any other preacher's right to preach on that beach. And even your right to be an asshole to these people. But I will not in the least, stand for you or anyone else actively seeking to destroy that right.

You want the right to force secularist ideals on Americans, but you won't allow a man to preach the Word of God to those who are willing to listen. You hypocrite!

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back