Patriot & Hero Ed Snowden's Latest News Conference

Snowden thinks no other nation spies?

Need some cheese, rat?
I'm not aware of how the citizens of other nations feel about their government's right to monitor their communications. But we Americans, at least those of us who are old enough to remember when our Constitution was respected by our government, have cause to believe that unless we are suspected of some qualifying criminal offense we are secure in our persons, papers and effects, meaning the privacy of our mail (including email) and telephone conversations.

But along comes a criminal sonofabitch like George W. Bush who perceives an event like the 9/11 attack as an opportunity to conduct an unlawful invasion on behalf of his family's friend, to loot our Treasury, to decimate the middle class, and to circumvent our Constitutional protections under the guise of national security expedience.

What other nations' governments do to their citizens is not relevant to this issue. This is America and we have a Constitution that protects us from such conduct by our government. Our government has no legal right to disregard the Fourth Amendment without first obtaining our permission to do so. But the government has done exactly that and unless something is done about it we can expect more of the same.

Regardless of what you, Bill Maher, and far too many other misguided American citizens seem to think of Edward Snowden, the fact is he has sacrificed his freedom and his future in calling attention to an extremely sinister practice being brazenly perpetrated against us by our government. And unless some selfish motive can be attributed to his action there is no valid reason to regard Edward Snowden as anything other than a modern day political hero who informed us of a seriously damaging offense against us and he did so at great cost to himself. So we have cause to be grateful, not critical of him.

Snowden is a traitor.

Even though I appreciate his bringing to light the spying programs that I believe go way beyond what the Pat Act meant for them to go.

He also ratted us out to other countries on activities we had going overseas....

SO you folks go ahead and call him hero, I'll wait until they lock his ass up and bury the key......

Seriously PVT Ollie?

Or are you afraid to lose some government benefit?

Seriously are you an idiot?

Let's get this straight. I supported the Pat Act when it was first signed. As it was explained to we the people it would do several things.

it would make all our agencies work closer with each other. this is a good thing.

It set up the FISA courts to allow monitoring of communications that originated outside the USA.

Now that has been stretched and pulled and broken and we find out that the NSA and others are monitoring communications within the USA, in fact nearly all communications within the USA.

Some think Snowden is a Hero for exposing this..... I say I'm glad he did and that our congress critters need to be hounded to death until they fix it.

However, Snowden also broke his trust with we the people and gave up classified information not only about the internal spying but programs going on in other countries as well.

Because of this he is a traitor...Plain and simple. Anyone who can't see and understand that needs to go back to school.......

Snowden is a traitor.

Even though I appreciate his bringing to light the spying programs that I believe go way beyond what the Pat Act meant for them to go.

He also ratted us out to other countries on activities we had going overseas....

SO you folks go ahead and call him hero, I'll wait until they lock his ass up and bury the key......

Seriously PVT Ollie?

OK, so be a man and admit that you are conflicted by interest.

Seriously PVT Ollie?

Confusedatious is conflicted by reality.

The reality is that not only did scumbag Snowden break the law, he probably made our Republic less secure. His actions were traitorous and maybe treasonous.

I do hope they can get his filthy ass back here to try him for his crimes, hopefully convict him and then sentence him to spend a nice long life in a Federal penitentiary.

Make it a super max.

The reality is that not only did scumbag Snowden break the law, he probably made our Republic less secure. His actions were traitorous and maybe treasonous.

The narcotized never cease to amaze me.

The imbeciles in DC are all over creation , intervening in the internal affairs of other nations as well as placing Americans in harms way as evidence by events like 09/11.

But the fucktards claim that SNOWDEN is the one who is making the republic less secure

What miserable pieces of shit.

Last edited:

The narcotized never cease to amaze me.

The imbeciles in DC are all over creation , intervening in the internal affairs of other nations as well as placing Americans in arms way as evidence by events like 09/11.

But the fucktards claim that SNOWDEN is the one who is making the republic less secure

What miserable pieces of shit.

Confusedatious:

your lobotomy took.

Idiots like Confusedatious cannot address (intelligently or otherwise) the claim that "Americans are not 'snooped on' unless they communicate with a terrorist in another country.

'The disclosure of this information puts Americans at risk, it shows our adversaries what our capabilities are, and it's a giant violation of the law,' Boehner said." -- UPDATE 2-U.S. government weighs security damage from NSA disclosures | Reuters

Boehner could be wrong, possibly. But assholes like Confusedatious are unable to say how or why.

They just vomit their conclusions as though those constituted "facts."

So, take up the challenge Confusedatious. Establish with facts that Boehner is wrong.

Best of luck.

Let's get this straight. I supported the Pat Act when it was first signed. As it was explained to we the people it would do several things.

it would make all our agencies work closer with each other. this is a good thing.

It set up the FISA courts to allow monitoring of communications that originated outside the USA.

Now that has been stretched and pulled and broken and we find out that the NSA and others are monitoring communications within the USA, in fact nearly all communications within the USA.

Some think Snowden is a Hero for exposing this..... I say I'm glad he did and that our congress critters need to be hounded to death until they fix it.

However, Snowden also broke his trust with we the people and gave up classified information not only about the internal spying but programs going on in other countries as well.

Because of this he is a traitor...Plain and simple. Anyone who can't see and understand that needs to go back to school.......
I'm glad you have the good sense to realize that Snowden served the interests of the American People in a very important way by revealing our government's imposing internal surveillance activities. But you should understand that being a "traitor" implies treason, which means consorting with or aiding an enemy. Snowden's revelations do not serve the interests of any enemy of the U.S.

I'm glad you have the good sense to realize that Snowden served the interests of the American People in a very important way by revealing our government's imposing internal surveillance activities. But you should understand that being a "traitor" implies treason, which means consorting with or aiding an enemy. Snowden's revelations do not serve the interests of any enemy of the U.S.

Stealing the list of foreign computers hacked by the US government and making it available to foreign governments constitutes treason. Thanks for playing though.

We are not suppose to spy, ha! when did that happen in modern USof A?
Never hear of a spy plane being shot down over the USSR in the 1960's.
I was in high school when the U-2 Incident happened. It was my first introduction to American Totalitarianism.

All through the 50's, American military planes "strayed" into Soviet territory, and the government always proclaimed that these events were "accidents" -- how barbarous the Soviets were to claim otherwise -- since it would be Un-American deliberately to fly into another country's airspace without permission (and people back then were so naive that they actually believed such guff). When Powers was shot down, the mass media vociferated the same line -- it was a "flight error" not an incursion, as those lying Russkies were saying. Then Khrushchev produced unequivocal proof that it was a deliberate over-flight spy mission.

I will never forget how the mass media all turned on a dime, almost from one hour to the next. Now it was Un-American not to invade the Soviet Union and spy on them. All the blame was on the Russians, for being so secretive and hiding their affairs, so that the virtuous USA was compelled to break international law!!

It was obvious to me, even as a student, that there was a master control over our "free press" that enabled propaganda to be co-ordinated instantly and speak with one Totalitarian Voice.

I had already read George Orwell's 1984, and the spectacle of the media and the "talking heads" turning from one extreme to the other, instantly, with no dissenting voices, made a great impression on me.

It was for all the world like the great scene in 1984 where a Hate Rally is being held again their Enemy, Eurasia -- and praising their ally, East Asia.

A note is brought to the screaming orator; he reads it, and without breaking the stride of his speech, now the name East Asia is that of their enemy, and Eurasia is their ally!!

Such is a totalitarian state, and I have seen the Brainwashing Machine of the USA do it over and over in the succeeding decades, but never with the speed, unanimity and total flip-floping from one extreme to the other as happened with the U-2 Incident.

Stealing the list of foreign computers hacked by the US government and making it available to foreign governments constitutes treason. Thanks for playing though.
"Foreign" does not mean enemy. (Except to the brainwashed jingoist.)

And that is where you are wrong......

And that is where you are wrong......

And that is where he is very very right.

Albeit you managed to go over-simplified (and therefore off track) from jump street, you are close enough for present purposes.

ANYONE who perpetrates treason against the Constitution is a domestic enemy. Plain and simple.

By that definition, you agree that Snowden committed treason.

Your second sentence is unintelligible gibberish, of course.

He did not. Constitution does not protect the government and its' secrets.
It protects the citizens from the government.
Government invaded the rights of the citizens - Snowden revealed it - he is actually is a defender of the Constitution and it's spirit.

Nonsense.

The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, no rights were ‘violated.’

Snowden didn’t ‘reveal’ anything but his own ignorance and naivete.

if he did not reveal anything than why all of you, libtards, are all up in arms about him being a traitor?
he betrayed your beloved government?

Need some cheese, rat?
I'm not aware of how the citizens of other nations feel about their government's right to monitor their communications. But we Americans, at least those of us who are old enough to remember when our Constitution was respected by our government, have cause to believe that unless we are suspected of some qualifying criminal offense we are secure in our persons, papers and effects, meaning the privacy of our mail (including email) and telephone conversations.

And this is a good example of how misunderstood the surveillance programs are.

The government is not ‘monitoring’ any communications, no phone calls are being listened to, no emails read. The Constitution is being respected by the government, as the laws authorizing the programs were enacted by Congress and administered by the courts in accordance with the Constitution.

The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional; moreover, there is no expectation of privacy with regard to communications given to a private third party, such as a wireless phone company or ISP.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures remains in effect, as the programs do not seek, nor will they use, information pursuant to a criminal prosecution – the programs constitute neither an unreasonable search nor seizure, as they have been authorized by a court of law.

Consequently, the government is not ‘spying’ on Americans, despite partisan hyperbole and hysteria to the contrary, and Snowden is indeed no ‘hero.’

Government invaded the rights of the citizens - Snowden revealed it - he is actually is a defender of the Constitution and it's spirit.

Nonsense.

The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, no rights were ‘violated.’

if he did not reveal anything than why all of you, libtards, are all up in arms about him being a traitor?

Because he disclosed classified information in violation of the law.

Just because something is classified and considered a state secret doesn’t mean it’s ‘illegal’ or ‘un-Constitutional,’ by disclosing the details of our legal, Constitutional surveillance programs to potential enemies and others hostile to American interests, Snowden indeed became a traitor to his country.

He revealed nothing illegal, however, which makes him both a fool and a traitor.

Nonsense.

Because he disclosed classified information in violation of the law.

Just because something is classified and considered a state secret doesn’t mean it’s ‘illegal’ or ‘un-Constitutional,’ by disclosing the details of our legal, Constitutional surveillance programs to potential enemies and others hostile to American interests, Snowden indeed became a traitor to his country.

He revealed nothing illegal, however, which makes him both a fool and a traitor.

No, HE DID NOT :lol:

you have just stated :

"Snowden didn’t ‘reveal’ anything"

he is not a traitor. he did not betray your beloved government

Snowden just exposed how illegal the government is.

I hope Snowden dumps all over obama exposing him for the lowlife scum he is. Tell the world until Russian soldiers drag that sorry ass out of the white house in chains.

Nonsense.

They may be Constitutional in a communist country, But not in ours,

Care to cite the article and/or precedent?

Need some cheese, rat?

But along comes a criminal sonofabitch like George W. Bush who perceives an event like the 9/11 attack as an opportunity to conduct an unlawful invasion on behalf of his family's friend, to loot our Treasury, to decimate the middle class, and to circumvent our Constitutional protections under the guise of national security expedience.

What other nations' governments do to their citizens is not relevant to this issue. This is America and we have a Constitution that protects us from such conduct by our government. Our government has no legal right to disregard the Fourth Amendment without first obtaining our permission to do so. But the government has done exactly that and unless something is done about it we can expect more of the same.

Regardless of what you, Bill Maher, and far too many other misguided American citizens seem to think of Edward Snowden, the fact is he has sacrificed his freedom and his future in calling attention to an extremely sinister practice being brazenly perpetrated against us by our government. And unless some selfish motive can be attributed to his action there is no valid reason to regard Edward Snowden as anything other than a modern day political hero who informed us of a seriously damaging offense against us and he did so at great cost to himself. So we have cause to be grateful, not critical of him.

We have a representative style government.
Our congress critters represent us.
They gave permission for us

Forum List

Back