Paul Ryan says American women need to have more babies

Ryan, "Have more babies"

Millennials: "Uh, yeah, maybe in 15 years when I'm 40 and my loan debt is finally paid off"

Fund CHIP, and maybe someone will take this bull seriously. I'm sure it's easy to tell people to have more kids when you're a multi-millionaire and can easily afford it yourself.
You mean no one had any babies before the CHIP program existed?

What are you talking about?

Do you guys live to try to trick and mislead people, or do you just have trouble reading and thinking?
You just implied it people can't afford to have a baby without the CHIP program.

No. I didn't. At all. Not sure how it's possible to come to that conclusion from what I wrote. In fact, the conversation I've been having with Admiral clearly points in an entirely different direction as well.

The vast majority of that income was his wife's inheritance. Dig a little deeper and he does not compare to even your "average" Congressman. His federal financial disclosure forms show only two investments worth more than $50,000, and tons of smaller ones, plus he owes over $250,000 on his home!

Okay. He's still wealthy. So what does it matter how he compares to other congressmen? I wasn't comparing him to other congressmen; I was comparing him to your average millennial who is struggling just to get by right now.

Ryan is NOT a millennial.

Why make a comparison when there is none?

If you are trying to make a point, try again because you are creeping up on Epic FAIL status.

Seriously?

I've made my point already, pretty clearly. It's not my fault that you're not getting it. I'm not sure how it's possible not to, but ... I guess it's not really my problem.

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? If you are trying to say millennials cannot afford to have children, then just say it! Why bring bullshit about Ryan's finances into the discussion?

I have three children who are all millennials. The older two already have children of their own. How did they manage to pull off the impossible?

He's saying we need to have more children when most of us can't and he can.

That's it. That's the ultra-super-complex point (apparently) that I've been making.

It's not "impossible" to have kids as a millennial, but it's a lot harder when you have college debt. Not everyone has said debt and that's cool, good for those people, but when tuition is as insane as it is right now, don't sit there with your millions and tell people to have kids that they can't afford.

Because if they do, and need government assistance at any point, you know damn well you'd condemn them for that as well.

Simple solution! Don't go into debt to go to college! DUH!

Ryan's Dad died when he was 16. He saved his Social Security payments to go to college.

My youngest daughter just graduated from college last spring. Her college debt? Zero dollars and zero cents.

Okay. He's still wealthy. So what does it matter how he compares to other congressmen? I wasn't comparing him to other congressmen; I was comparing him to your average millennial who is struggling just to get by right now.

Ryan is NOT a millennial.

Why make a comparison when there is none?

If you are trying to make a point, try again because you are creeping up on Epic FAIL status.

Seriously?

I've made my point already, pretty clearly. It's not my fault that you're not getting it. I'm not sure how it's possible not to, but ... I guess it's not really my problem.

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? If you are trying to say millennials cannot afford to have children, then just say it! Why bring bullshit about Ryan's finances into the discussion?

I have three children who are all millennials. The older two already have children of their own. How did they manage to pull off the impossible?

He's saying we need to have more children when most of us can't and he can.

That's it. That's the ultra-super-complex point (apparently) that I've been making.

It's not "impossible" to have kids as a millennial, but it's a lot harder when you have college debt. Not everyone has said debt and that's cool, good for those people, but when tuition is as insane as it is right now, don't sit there with your millions and tell people to have kids that they can't afford.

Because if they do, and need government assistance at any point, you know damn well you'd condemn them for that as well.

Simple solution! Don't go into debt to go to college! DUH!

Ryan's Dad died when he was 16. He saved his Social Security payments to go to college.

My youngest daughter just graduated from college last spring. Her college debt? Zero dollars and zero cents.

That's nice man. But a lot of people do end up with debt, so ... I guess people aren't perfect? ,Maybe not everyone grows up at the same rate, or has parents who teach them about this stuff? Shit happens. College expenses have increased by, what, at least 500 % since our parents went to college, adjusted for inflation? We were disadvantaged in that sense from day 1. The boomers don't realize how much more expensive and difficult things have become for young people, especially in the years after 2008. That's why it's so easy for them to sit there and complain that we're not starting families and act like all we want to do is sit around in our parents' basements.

The last place most kids in their parents' basements want to be in is in their parents' basement.

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
Aaron Rupar Dec 14, 2017, 4:33 pm
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Why not allow in more immigrants? Maybe go to 2 million per year!

What an odd thing for him to say! Can someone reconcile for me how this little Randian puke wants "more takers"? I.E., humans?

So, what is it? Is he blowing a dog whistle at a religious group (Christians)? At an ethnic group (white people)? At an economic group (the rich)?

Surprise! It's all of the above. Yep, he's just "that guy". Let's not all try to read too far into the mind of a shallow man. Paul Ryan is not retiring, he's graduating to a better-paying position that carries more power.

Last edited:
Ryan, "Have more babies"

Millennials: "Uh, yeah, maybe in 15 years when I'm 40 and my loan debt is finally paid off"

Fund CHIP, and maybe someone will take this bull seriously. I'm sure it's easy to tell people to have more kids when you're a multi-millionaire and can easily afford it yourself.

How is Ryan a multi-millionaire? He worked at McDonald's in high school and as a waiter when he was a legislative aide. After that, he was a Congressman.

Of all people in Congress, he is probably one of the most down-to-earth people you could want to know.

Between $2.1 million and $7.8 million

That's the number I'm finding for Ryan. Which is pretty respectable, but nothing crazy.

More than enough to raise a big family with if you don't go crazy.

Most millennials, the people who are supposed to be having children right now, can't afford to. Most of us don't have 2 - 8 million in the bank. Many have a net balance of far less than $0.

Link to that info? I find those numbers very hard to believe.

Paul Ryan's Net Worth Is Elusive & The House Speaker's Wealth Comes From A Variety Of Sources
He did get Social Security to go to college.

We should be investing in education in our current children.
But we already pay more per student than any other country in the world except for maybe Sweden and they are not at the top of world academic performance either. More money is definitely not the answer.
I think the schools in Republican areas drag down the national average.

After all, students from other countries come here to go to school because everyone all over the world, except Republicans, feel an American education is the best in the world as are it's colleges and universities. Institutions of higher learning can't be fantastic with all the other schools below them being failing. How reasonable is that?

Republicans constantly go on about how bad schools are in a vain attempt to get other Americans to believe education is not needed and is a bad thing.

All education is good. Education, not propaganda.

Even for some fields it may be difficult to find employment, but it's still good. All education is connected.
Unlike the Liberal utopias such as Chicago and Detroit were academic achievement is top notch, Our education system is screwed and its not because of a money thing its because of the Government, Encouraging people to get jobs in fields of study that have no marketable value is criminal neglect.
Took me a minute to figure out your meaning from what you wrote.

Sigh. The government doesn't encourage people to try to get jobs in fields of study that have no marketable value. Where did you get that? From Fox? Steve Bannon? Or did the thought suddenly occur to you?
Of course it does. Why do public universties offer majors in "Women's Studies" and "cultural anthropology?"
Because some people become psychologists or work in Human Resources?

Republicans swear they love this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But all of their policies prove they hate this:

shutterstock_464300804-776x600.jpg

And they really, really hate this:

CbiHnP-UAAEPtqe.jpg:large

Their policies tell us exactly what their words mean.

Actually, we love this:
happy-africanamerican-baby-boy-picture-id149109358

We just hate what it becomes after the filthy mother and father train it.
18220-thumb.jpg
That's how Republicans see all blacks.

VjE0hZa.jpg

At the same time, most Republicans are confederates, they are fat and like pigs, they reside in sh!t filled mud.
You can take the Republican out of trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the Republican.

Slide2.JPG

My daddy is the best kisser in the whole country.

These are stereotypes for a reason.

Willing to fight for their country. (Gallup poll):

Morocco: 94%
Pakistan: 89%
Vietnam: 89%
India: 75%
Turkey: 73%
China: 71%
Indonesia: 70%
Russia: 59%
Nigeria: 50%
Brazil: 48%
US: 44%
Canada: 30%
Australia: 29%
France: 29%
UK: 27%
Italy: 20%
Germany: 18%
Japan: 11%

we need more patriots, not more babies! quality over quantity!
Democrats are fighting now for their country.

Republicans are like Trump and Romney. And remember, Trump only likes the ones who weren't captured.

Worthless people these conservatives Rdean...makes me sick for the future of this country.

Yep, have these babies but get no help what so ever to raise them. wtf????

Why not let in immigrants?

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

What we NEED to do IS....end all immigration, our crowded cities and streets and highways indicate that we've got enough already.

Willing to fight for their country. (Gallup poll):

Morocco: 94%
Pakistan: 89%
Vietnam: 89%
India: 75%
Turkey: 73%
China: 71%
Indonesia: 70%
Russia: 59%
Nigeria: 50%
Brazil: 48%
US: 44%
Canada: 30%
Australia: 29%
France: 29%
UK: 27%
Italy: 20%
Germany: 18%
Japan: 11%

we need more patriots, not more babies! quality over quantity!
Democrats are fighting now for their country.

You can't be serious.

We do. But academic studies show that education outcome to be primarily driven by parental involvement.

With sky rocketing illegitimacy, we are going to have a problem with education.

Not to mention possible race based achievement gaps.

anti-choice, anti-birth control religious zealots really shouldn't talk about illegitimacy. but it's a choice that most millennials are making.

the best contraindicator of unwed motherhood is education. you want women not to have kids out of wedlock, send them to college.
Why Are So Many Millennials Having Children Out of Wedlock?

1. Your partisan spin is noted and dismissed.

2. Are the girls having children out of wedlock because of no college or because that is what their mothers did and it is seen as normal?

3. From your linked article.

The study also found a correlation between an area’s high unemployment rates and a greater likelihood that a man would have a child out of wedlock. For both men and women, the larger the availability of medium-skilled jobs, the more likely they were to marry before having their first child. Why exactly, does the economy play a role in marriage decisions? The researchers give this explanation: Men without well-paying jobs are not seen as marriage material. “These men would be less desirable as marriage partners because of their reduced earning potential,”

We need better jobs for medium skilled workers, or semi skilled. And for that matter, low skilled.

4. Better than more colleges is reforms to reduce unreasonable demands for degrees for low paying jobs. I've seen too many jobs that demand college while not offering the pay to justify the expense.

Because when you flood a 1st world country with 3rd world people who have 3rd world crime rates, 3rd world values and 3rd world brains, you get another 3rd world country. Good doesn't rub off on bad; have you ever seen good food get better when you mix it with moldy food.

Investing? As a nation, we already have one of the highest per capita rates of education spending on the planet, yet our education ranking doesn't reflect that level of input by a long shot. Maybe it's time to stop just blindly feeding our emotions by throwing money at the problem and in stead have an ACTUAL conversation about where all that money is going and why the fuck it isn't buying results.

Ryan is right. Any economist will tell you that we need a larger population in order to have robust economic growth.

And since prosperous nations tend to have declining birth rates, then the obvious solution is to increase immigration.

You hit the nail on the head.

Yea that makes a lot of sense...

Bring in more muslims and others

that won't assimilate.....

You liberals have no common sense.
You tards crack me up every time you confirm my assertion this past election was only about Mexicans and Muslims, and nothing to do with conservatism.

Like I said...

You libtards have no common sense....

Ryan is right. Any economist will tell you that we need a larger population in order to have robust economic growth.

And since prosperous nations tend to have declining birth rates, then the obvious solution is to increase immigration.

You hit the nail on the head.

Yea that makes a lot of sense...

Bring in more muslims and others

that won't assimilate.....

You liberals have no common sense.
You tards crack me up every time you confirm my assertion this past election was only about Mexicans and Muslims, and nothing to do with conservatism.
Sort of like how every election for Democrats is about fucking over white people and never progressivism....

Liberals are evil...

They divide us by class and race...

They are a clear and present danger to the US....

Ryan, "Have more babies"

Lol. You don't need to be a multimillionaire to be able to afford kids. Statistically, most people can move into an economic strata wherein its perfectly affordable just by getting married and holding down basic employment. Government assistance doesn't, by itself, raise birthrates. And what's with this new mentality from the left? "Perform basic life functions?! How about you pay me first!" Fuck off, pay your own student loans. I don't owe you money for deciding to get an associates degree in gender studies, and I certainly don't feel obligated to shell out cash to reimburse you for the four years you spent brainstorming on reasons why I'm an alleged bigot.

We do. But academic studies show that education outcome to be primarily driven by parental involvement.

With sky rocketing illegitimacy, we are going to have a problem with education.

Not to mention possible race based achievement gaps.

anti-choice, anti-birth control religious zealots really shouldn't talk about illegitimacy. but it's a choice that most millennials are making.

the best contraindicator of unwed motherhood is education. you want women not to have kids out of wedlock, send them to college.
Why Are So Many Millennials Having Children Out of Wedlock?

1. Your partisan spin is noted and dismissed.

2. Are the girls having children out of wedlock because of no college or because that is what their mothers did and it is seen as normal?

3. From your linked article.

The study also found a correlation between an area’s high unemployment rates and a greater likelihood that a man would have a child out of wedlock. For both men and women, the larger the availability of medium-skilled jobs, the more likely they were to marry before having their first child. Why exactly, does the economy play a role in marriage decisions? The researchers give this explanation: Men without well-paying jobs are not seen as marriage material. “These men would be less desirable as marriage partners because of their reduced earning potential,”

We need better jobs for medium skilled workers, or semi skilled. And for that matter, low skilled.

4. Better than more colleges is reforms to reduce unreasonable demands for degrees for low paying jobs. I've seen too many jobs that demand college while not offering the pay to justify the expense.

Says one of the most base partisans on the board. Having read your screeds, I'm going to wager you have never voted for any democrat in any race.

And I never said that a four year college was for everyone. I am also a proponent of trade high schools.

But the disdain the radical right has for education is pathetic and based on resentment that educated people don't believe in either your revisionist history or science denial.

In other words, they're smart and educated and the women don't have to be tethered to a stove for some guy to pay for them while they remain barefoot and pregnant.

So let's tell the truth about what Paul Ryan and the rabid right really want.

And there is the basis of the anti science, anti education, misogynist stupidity of the trump era which leads the randian loon Paul Ryan to say oh white women need to make more babies.

Women make fewer babies when they're educated. Why? We go to school. We work. We get great jobs. And when we're ready for our first child (sometimes only as in my case), we're about 30, not 22 like my mother.

Paul Ryan is Randian, now? LMFAO. Maybe, from time to time, his rhetoric tries to play to that philosophy, but that's about it.

Also, it's not education to which the right is opposed. When conservatives are reluctant to throw more money at our schools, consider the possibility that it's not because they don't want children to have school, but rather that they're wondering why, if we already spend more than almost any other nation per capita on education, we still get shit results. Maybe, given that combination of factors, there's a lot of us who simply believe that more money isn't the answer, but rather seek answers that reform the shit show that we're currently financing.

When conservatives don't seem to hop on the free college for everyone bandwagon, it might not be because they hate science. Consider the possibility that, when some college faculties have, in the past ten to fifteen years, gone from a 2 to 1 left to right political ratio to a 10 to 1 ratio, and leftist ideology is being so heavily pedaled that there's even math majors with prerequisite courses in fucking Social Justice, conservatives have gotten the impression that higher education is as much about indoctrination as it is about teaching. Maybe those same conservatives don't like the idea of having their money taxed to pay for all citizens to spend several years being taught that white men are evil and that communism is the only cure for systemic racism.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back