Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well sounds about right, why should they suffer like the us little people they represent..and they call themselves, the people party..:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
By Mike Lillis - 02/14/13 06:37 PM ET

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.
"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

Pelosi, whose husband is a wealthy real-estate developer, was quick to note that a cut in her own pay would be far less significant than that for both staffers and less wealthy members of Congress.

All of her highness words here and some brutal comments
Read more: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job - The Hill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Dignity of their jobs??

Holy shit. What a load of crap. Those Clowns have it made. Cushy jobs, perks up the ass and all payed for for life by we the taxpayer.

Dignity?? Not a word I would ever use when speaking about Congress.

The way the people who are Democrat-liberal-left worship Democrats as if they are gods and savior, look at how they speak of Obama for a example, it's no wonder this is how she thinks..

Last edited:
well sounds about right, why should they suffer like the us little people they represent..and they call themselves, the people party..:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
By Mike Lillis - 02/14/13 06:37 PM ET

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.
"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

Pelosi, whose husband is a wealthy real-estate developer, was quick to note that a cut in her own pay would be far less significant than that for both staffers and less wealthy members of Congress.

All of her highness words here and some brutal comments
Read more: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job - The Hill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Pelosi speaking on the subject of dignity is so laughable that I am almost speechless. That woman has none and will likely die the bitter, brain dead , lying bitch that she is.

I wouldnt say I was speechless. As a matter of fact I let loose with a stream cuss words a mile long.
Unbelievable!

Curious to see democrats response to this. If a republican had said this I would have been just as pissed...more surprised. But just as pissed.

Last edited:
But they are aok in cutting the benefits of the military like taking away hot breakfast for many military in Afghanstan!! Because they are closing it 2 years from now.

Dignity of their jobs??

Holy shit. What a load of crap. Those Clowns have it made. Cushy jobs, perks up the ass and all payed for for life by we the taxpayer.

Dignity?? Not a word I would ever use when speaking about Congress.

Go into politics,get elected to the senate or congress,get a nice cushy job,great perks
pull in some nice cash.Do that for a few years and walk away wealthy and with a great pension and health care benefits....

What's not to like...

And Pelosi is bitching about a pay cut...

Up hers... :evil:

anyone notice no libs come in these thread about their beloved Democrats?

Princess Nancy will have to pay out of pocket for all those botox injections.

Forum List

Back