🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

Why doesn't Pelosi just pass an ACCEPTABLE budget and then the SOTU can be held as scheduled without a problem in the WH?

The House did it’s job.
The Senate refuses to do it’s job.

Then Chuck U. Schumer needs to get it together too, and pass the Wall he voted for previously

Can’t pass something when the Senate Majority Leader won’t schedule a vote.

The Republicans own this shutdown.

McConnell isn't going to bother scheduling a vote for something that cannot pass. Or something that will just be veto'ed.

Our President has spoken, unless it has a wall in it, don't bother.
Then don’t bother. Leave the government shut down until a new president works with Congress in 2021.

Now all of a sudden the Mexicans are trustful and reliable.

Wow, this is what being a partisan hack does to a person, they have to change their views on things based solely on how it impacts their chosen party.

I'm just telling you what the paper said.

Another Caravan on the Way: 15,000 Heading North but Destination Is Chiapas - American Renaissance

Here's another. It says they are headed for Chiapas. Not sure where that is and hope its not anywhere near our border. +
What happened to the last caravan?

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.
You haven't thought this through, have you? If Nance blocks Trump from giving the SOTU it will show the American people she is attempting to silence the POTUS. Is she afraid they might like what he will say? Afraid she might end up looking petty and partisan at the expense of the people? I hope she tries it.

She's not silencing him. She suggested he revert to the original SOTU, format which is the President put the address in a letter to Congress and they can publish it and the American people can read it.

It takes a lot of security and government workers to set up and broadcast the SOTU, and Nancy refuses to use unpaid labour to give the President this wonderful forum. Her House, her invitation.
First of all, it's not HER house, it belongs to the American people, and don't forget it. Second, the reason she doesn't want him to give it on prime time tv is because she's afraid of him making his case for a wall more effectively than she can make a case against it. She wants him to be heard by as few people as possible while the msm soak the airwaves with her and Chuck's propaganda. You know it and I know it, so don't give me that crap about unpaid labor. She doesn't give a shit about the people not getting paid. She could end this shutdown in 5 minutes if she wanted to.

How does the State of the Union Address present a security issue? Congress already has security and so does the President. Besides, I was interested in who gets to do the Democratic Reply. ::auiqs.jpg:

How does the State of the Union Address present a security issue? Congress already has security and so does the President. Besides, I was interested in who gets to do the Democratic Reply. ::auiqs.jpg:
It requires an awful lot of security...which of course with the shutdown...there isn't much money to pay for

House Speaker Pelosi is bitch slapping President Trump by trying to revoke his invitation to make his State of the Union Address in person and in front of Congress.
They have to INVITE him to give the SOTU?

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.
You haven't thought this through, have you? If Nance blocks Trump from giving the SOTU it will show the American people she is attempting to silence the POTUS. Is she afraid they might like what he will say? Afraid she might end up looking petty and partisan at the expense of the people? I hope she tries it.

She's not silencing him. She suggested he revert to the original SOTU, format which is the President put the address in a letter to Congress and they can publish it and the American people can read it.

It takes a lot of security and government workers to set up and broadcast the SOTU, and Nancy refuses to use unpaid labour to give the President this wonderful forum. Her House, her invitation.
First of all, it's not HER house, it belongs to the American people, and don't forget it. Second, the reason she doesn't want him to give it on prime time tv is because she's afraid of him making his case for a wall more effectively than she can make a case against it. She wants him to be heard by as few people as possible while the msm soak the airwaves with her and Chuck's propaganda. You know it and I know it, so don't give me that crap about unpaid labor. She doesn't give a shit about the people not getting paid. She could end this shutdown in 5 minutes if she wanted to.
LOLOL

He already made his case on national TV.... how’d that work out for him?

:abgg2q.jpg:

“Both the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security have not been funded for 26 days now — with critical departments hamstrung by furloughs,” Pelosi wrote. “Given the security concerns and unless the government re-opens this week, I suggest we work together to determine another suitable date after the government has re-opened.”

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.
Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate) and it's cost to the Federal government is quickly aproaching THE FULL COST OF WHAT TRUMP HAS SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT OVER.

To put this into simple terms: A Ham Sandwich would at this point be doing 4 Billion dollar better deal than our current "Deal Artist" in the the White House.
Nancy and Shumer should of gave Trump the money in the begining. We would have part of the wall and goverment would've never shut down.

Yea that’s what they will do going forward - roll over and give Trump whatever he wants :rolleyes:
Trump wanted the money last year, he gave in. But said it wouldn't happen again. Anyway the shut down is costing close to the 5 billion he was asking for. So proof democrats don't really care about wasting money. Take over congress and waste billions of dollars, keep it. You will give Trump the presidency in 2020.

Idiot how the fuck is Trump shutting down the government to get what he wants fault of DEMOCRATS?

It's on Trump, as Trump himself clearly said and the costs are ALSO ON HIM.

He is not the king, he does not controll the purse strings and he has NO LEVERAGE to win this. The longer it takes him and rightwingers to realize this the more IT WILL COST ALL OF US.

Last edited:
A vast number of Americans are not interested in listening to Liar in Chief Trump spouting off endless lies and misinformation. Any disrespect and mockings of our traitor President are welcome.

It requires an awful lot of security...which of course with the shutdown...there isn't much money to pay for

Wrong dumbass. You think the President was not scheduled to have security on the evening of January 29th? Congressional leaders the same? Are you under the impression security is not an essential government service?

Why doesn't Pelosi just pass an ACCEPTABLE budget and then the SOTU can be held as scheduled without a problem in the WH?

The House did it’s job.
The Senate refuses to do it’s job.

Then Chuck U. Schumer needs to get it together too, and pass the Wall he voted for previously

Can’t pass something when the Senate Majority Leader won’t schedule a vote.

The Republicans own this shutdown.

McConnell isn't going to bother scheduling a vote for something that cannot pass. Or something that will just be veto'ed.

Our President has spoken, unless it has a wall in it, don't bother.
Then don’t bother. Leave the government shut down until a new president works with Congress in 2021.
I live on the coast--main industry is fishing. They are not paying the Coast Guard. They are having spaghetti suppers to raise money and the local restaurants are giving Coast Guard families discounts. How are these people less important than the VA? Up here they serve as the equivalent of the Warden Service (keeping fishermen honest), interdict drugs, and frequently save lives. But they're not rich or politically important right now, so they get to join the line at the food bank. Disgusting.

Wrong dumbass. You think the President was not scheduled to have security on the evening of January 29th? Congressional leaders the same? Are you under the impression security is not an essential government service?

Fairly certain the Secret Service and the Capitol Hill police are both still getting paid and on the job.

Really...your idiotic claim is that bringing all those people together in one place presents no more security efforts than usual?

Jesus...you fuckers just "say shit"

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.
She know what is going to come down the path, and is in fear of what the effect will be. You know he is going to rip the Democrats/Progressives over the Wall they are using the Nam trick to delay delay until they can build a new defense and they can not explain what he has to say after the speech. Why don't they just don't attend.

Fairly certain the Secret Service and the Capitol Hill police are both still getting paid and on the job.
You'd be wrong

Secret Service Agents Guarding Trump Miss Paychecks In Border Wall Shutdown | HuffPost

On the job...not getting paid

Forum List

Back