Not open for further replies.
Psalm 18

Thanksgiving for Deliverance from God

I love you, O LORD, my strength.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress,
and my deliverer,
my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge,

He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my
enemies.

The cords of death entangled me,
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me,
The cords of the grave coiled around me,
the snares of death confronted me,

In my distress I called to the LORD,
I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice,
my cry came before him, into his ears.

The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook,
they trembled because he was angry,
Smoke rose from his nostrils, consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

He parted the heavens and came down,
dark clouds were under his feet.

He mounted the cherubim and flew,
he soared on the wings of the wind,

He made darkness his covering, his canopy about him -
the dark rain clouds of the sky.

Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.

the LORD thunders from heaven,
the voice of the Most High resounded,
He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies,
great bolts of lightning and routed them.

The valley of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare

at your rebuke, O LORD,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.

He reached down from on high
and took hold of me,
he drew me out of deep waters,
he rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes who were too strong for me.

They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support,
He brought me out into a spacious place
he rescued me because he delighted in me.

The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.

For I have kept the ways of the LORD,
I have not done evil by turning from my God,
All his laws are before me,
I have not turned away from his decrees.

I have been blameless before him,
and have kept myself from sin.

The LORD has rewarded me
according to my righteousness,
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.

You save the humble but bring low the haughty,
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning.
my God turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance against a troop,
with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect, the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with
strength
and makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to stand on the heights.

He trains my hands for battle,
my arms can bend a bow of bronze,

You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me,
you stoop down to make me great,
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.

I pursued my enemies and overtook them,
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.

I crushed them so that they could not rise,
they fell beneath my feet.

You armed me with strength for battle,
you made my adversaries bow at my feet,
You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes.

They cried for help but there was no one to save them -
to the LORD but he did not answer

I beat them as fine as dust borne on the wind,
I poured them out like mud on the streets.

You have delivered me from the
attacks of the people,
you have made me the head of
nations,
people I did not know are subject to me.

As soon as they hear of me, they obey me,
foreigners cringe before me,
they lose heart, they come trembling from their strongholds.

The LORD lives! Praise be to my
Rock!
Exalted be God my Savior!

he is the God who avenges me,
who subdues nations under me,
who saves me from my enemies,
You exalted me above my foes,
from violent men you rescued me.

Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD,
I will sing praises to your name.

He gives his king great victories,
he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed,
to David and to his descendants forever.

Every battle you go through, Christian, has only one purpose and one outcome - to make your faith in God stronger. You may say I trust God but know that this trust you believe you have must be tested. It must be tested to remove anything that is of you in it. We can be so far from realizing how utterly independent we are of God in certain areas of our lives. It is only when we become completely helpless before Him that we recongnize this independence as flesh that must be crucified in order to be freely able to receive all that God has for us.

It is truly the grace of God that He permits trials, battles to rage on in order to test our faith and show us where we must come into alignment with His will - where we are still standing in our own "abilities" rather than being in full and complete dependence upon His Spirit - The Spirit of the LORD - if it not the Spirit of the LORD then is the work is of a human operating apart from God and it will not stand. Souls are won when Jesus Christ is lifted up, people are set at liberty when Jesus Christ is lifted up, people are freed from the shackles of empty doctrines of men and dead religion when Jesus Chist is lifted up. People are freed from fear when Jesus Christ is lifted up. People are freed from the curse of the Law when Jesus Christ is lifted up. People are drawn to Jesus Christ in full surrender when Jesus Christ is lifted it. It is the message of the cross that gives mankind the liberty they desire, the water they thirst for, the bread of life from heaven that satisfies them, only Jesus can satisfy the souls of men. Only Jesus.

Last edited:
Can Satan tell the future? No. He cannot. Here is another very small sermon from Gurnall on Satan and the Future. Today is a good day to rip off the mask of Satan and expose some more of his lies.

When we consider Satan's many years of experience in studying natural knowledge, we will not accept his predictions as prophecies but see him as a learned naturalist with a short and dark context of natural causes. What the devil told Saul would happen to his army and kingdom was nothing but what he rationally concluded from the premises which lay before him, in that God rejected Saul and anointed another man to be king together with the full measure of Saul's sins - culminating in his going to a witch for counsel - and a great Philistine army gathered against him. Coupled with his burning conscience, all these made it appear that the devil, without a gift of prophecy, had accurately envisioned Saul's doom.
God may reveal future events to Satan as His instrument. The hangman is not a prophet.
He cannot tell a man he will be executed until he gets a warrant from the king appointing him to carry out his orders. Satan could not have told Job beforehand what afflictions would come to his estate, servants, children, and his own body because God had allowed him to be the instrument to bring all these trials upon Job.
Neither Satan nor any other creature is able to foretell events which do not arise from natural causes nor follow moral and political probabilites.
Prophecies in Scripture are locked up in the cabinet of the divine will to prove their heavenly attraction. They must come from God, who can tell us what only He knows. Who else but God, for example, could have told Abraham where his heirs would be and what would happen to them four hundred years after his death?
Finally, how wonderful are the prophecies of Christ the Messiah! His person, his life, and death are specifically set down many ages before His coming as if recorded by those who were with Him and saw with their own eyes all that happened.
__________________________________William Gurnall edited by James S. Bell Jr.
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/gurnall/armour/files/armour.html
Satan is a fallen angel named Lucifer - a created being - created by God - whereas God Almighty creator of heaven and earth all that is seen and unseen is not a created being! Which is greater? The Creator of heaven and earth or a single created and later fallen angel cast out of heaven? ha! ha! There is really no comparison folks! There is only One God! His name is Jesus Christ and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

When the Word of God says, EVERY knee shall bow? and EVERY tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord? That means Hell too! The biggest prayer meeting in the universe is going on in hell every day! People praying, begging Jesus to be given one more chance! One more chance to repent, one more chance to warn family members that hell is real, that satan is real, one more chance to repent and be forgiven, to be given an opportunity to live holy unto Him! Yet it is too late for them! Too late!! Their fate is sealed!

This goes on continually while men and woman who are here today - alive - able to receive Christ this very moment and still have not! Some say I shall put it off until tomorrow because they believe Satan's lie that there will be a tommorrow! How can Satan guarantee you tomorrow or next week or next year when Satan has no ability to foretell the future?

When only God knows the days of a man which are numbered upon the earth? Why believe such a lie and resign your own soul to such a complacent attitude when everything about you tells you that great and perilous times are even now coming upon the world? Call upon the name of the LORD Jesus Christ and be saved today! Do not wait another moment and do not believe the devils lies any longer! The devil is a liar! He is being called on it today!

Last edited:
I know in my spirit today that the Lord wants to drive this message home to His people. You are going to have to mediate on this in the days ahead, print it off and save it. We must realize that whatever happens in the days ahead will only be upon the heads of an unbelieving world. God has you, Christian. God is in complete control. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not upon your own understanding......

Do not fear what was meant to be put under your feet. Do not do it. ( read Luke 10:19 ) Instead, live holy unto the LORD, be filled with the Holy Spirit and obey the Lord will all your heart and the world shall one day stand in awe at how God moves on your behalf. Trust in the LORD. Yea! Trust in the LORD Alone! The Lord is your strong tower He is your refuge and your fortress, you abide under the shadow of the Almighty, Christian! That includes every Christian who has just accepted Christ as their Savior today! If you are His property? Know that He protects what is His! God knows how to keep what is His! Never doubt it! He has everything under Control!

It is written:

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flieth by day. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness, nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy right hand, but it shall not come night thee. Only with thine eyes shall thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou has made the LORD which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation, There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. - Psalm 91: 5 - 10

Now for the message you should save to your favorites!

SPIRITUAL WARFARE FOR A LIFETIME - WILLIAM GURNALL

Spiritual warfare is noble because it is just. It is all too true that most people join in political and military battles without every knowing why. But there is no doubt about the cause of holy war - it is against the only enemy God has who claims the right to rule His world. For this reason God calls all mankind - some by the voice of natural conscience and others by the loud shout of His Word - to join with Him "against the mighty" ( Judges 5:23 ) he does this not because he needs our help but because he prefers to reward obedience rather than punish rebellion.
This noble warfare is not only just, but it is also hard. Our stubborn enemy is strong and will do everything he can to try our skill to the limit. Cowards never hope to overcome him. When sin loses ground it is only an inch at a time, and what it holds it will not easily let go.

Spiritual warfare against lust is enlistment for a lifetime career. If you have a daring, adventurous spriit, here is what you have been looking for. Fighting with men is child's play compared to repelling demons and lusts: "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city" ( Proverbs 16: 32 )

It is sad that many of the world's finest swordsmen who courageously risked their lives for freedom have died slaves to sin. Hannibal, for example, enjoyed victory in foreign expeditions but was defeated in his own country. So too many of the bravest heroes, who have had great victories abroad, have been miserably beaten up in their own personal corruptions.

But do not be afraid because your enemies are mighty and many, your victory will be so much greater. And do not worry, either, when you see Caesars stripped of their insignias and forced to die in chains of lust. Remember, it is only the unbelieving world - without spiritual arms and abandoned by God - that is left to become prey of Satan.

When the Spirit of the Lord is dealing with you? Drawing you? That is the time to come to Jesus Christ. The Spirit of God will not always strive with men and we should never dare put Him off when He is clearly dealing with our hearts and telling us this is the time, this is the moment, you need to come to Jesus Christ right now. If the Spirit of the LORD is dealing with your heart and you are feeling a conviction of sin in your life that has not been repented of? Or you have been under conviction resisting his calling you and now you are feeling the weight of it? You need to come to the LORD immediately. Drop everything and go to the LORD in prayer now. Read Romans Chapter 10: 8,9, 10. Believe in your heart and confess it with your mouth. Pray out loud and tell Him today all that is on your heart.

Do not every fear what others will say or think of you. I can promise you there isn't a single person here who would be willing to go to hell for you. Not a single one. Jesus died on a cross to set you free. Accept this, and you will find that immediately the desires you had? Will be made new and the darkness you once lived in will become such a foreign, miserable memory you will wonder why you ever stayed as long as you did. All it takes is a sincere heart that repents before the LORD and says, LORD? I want you! I want the life you have for me! I do not want this life I have been living any longer! Come to me now, Jesus, and give me a new heart and a new desire and I will serve you all the days of my life! Read Romans 10: 8,9, 10 and pray it out loud, Beloved. Jesus will never turn away a sincere heart. He didn't come to this world to condemn you. He came to save you. Let Him in.

Last edited:
A Wonderful quote from William Gurnall!

False doctrines, like false witnesses, do not agree among themselves. We might well name them "Legion," for they are many. But truth is a whole, and one Scripture harmonizes sweetly with another. Thus, although God used many different men to pen his sacred Word, He made sure they all had but one mouth: " As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began" ( Luke 1:70) The best way, therefore to know the mind of God in a particular text is to compare it to another text. The stone cutter uses a diamond to cut another diamond. Like crystal glass set next to each other, each Scripture casts a peculiar light on the others.

- William Gurnall

Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. -Psalm 90:8

Secret Sins' Effect by William Gurnall
William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

Do not be deceived - one sin will send you to hell as fast as a thousand. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effiminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. ( 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10 ) Scripture excludes not only the man who is all of these, but he who is any of them.
All men must die, but they do not die of the same disease. And it is just as certain that all unrepentant sinners will be damned - one for a particular sin and another for something else. But they will all meet in the same flaming hell.
Satan tempts us with secret sins. Saul was ashamed to approach the witch at Endor in his princely robe because he was told the world had a hatred of witchcraft, making it punishable by death. But he was not afraid to go to a witch in disguise. What weight it added, then, to the devil's sinister motive when he tempted Christ in the wilderness, soliciting Him to a secret acknowledging of him just between the two of them. But how much greater was Christ's victory that day! He won the battle over Satan's assault with the sword of the Word - and it is time for us to take up this weapon and fight the same enemy. This defense takes on several specific expressions.
Scripture says God knows every secret sin. "Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance." ( Psalm 90: 8 ) God sees secret sins as plainly as we see things at high noon. And He not only knows them but sets them up as targets for his arrows of vengeance.
"The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good" ( Proverbs 15: 3 ) He sees you close your closet door to pray in secret and reward your sincerity, but He also sees when the door is closed for you to sin in secret - and He will not fail to reward your hypocrisy.

Scripture commands us to bring examples to the Word for testing. Are people constantly quoting opinions? To the law and to the testimony: "if they speak not according to the word, it is because there is no light in them" ( Isaiah 8:20) We follow a man for the light in his lamp, but if that goes out we leave him. And this Scripture certifies that the person can not have any light at all unless his opinon has been established in the Word. If he does not know where he is going, how can we know where he might lead us?

Examples are precepts, not warrants. "Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil" ( Exodus 23: 2 ) An example will not bring acquittal just because you have a precedent to sin. Adam tried that when he said the woman gave him the fruit, yet it did not excuse him for paying the price with her. She was the leader in the sin but punishment followed them both. Would you be willing to eat poison if another person offered to taste it first? Does his example make it any less deadly?

The Word warns that dedicated saints can sin. When Paul called others to him, he counseled them to keep their eyes open to see whether he followed Christ: "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am in Christ ( 1 Corinthians 11: 1 ) The holy life of the best saint on earth is only an imperfect translation of the perfect standard of God's holy Word and therefore must be tried by it. It is the character of sincerity to look to the way rather than to the crowd.
The highway of the upright is to depart from evil. - Proverbs 16:17

I am showing you how the sword of the Word - like the one in the cherubims hand - may be turned every way to protect the Christian from venturing into sin, no matter how right it seems.

This was David's Refuge: "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee" - Psalm 119: 11. It was not the bible in his hand or the word on his tongue or in his mind, but the hidden Word in his heart, which kept him from sin.
__________________________________William Gurnall edited by James S. Bell Jr.

Last edited:
Nightime church meeting! Isn't it wonderful? On this board you can have church in the morning time, church in the afternoon and church at night past the midnight hour! Anyone who is not grateful for this board has not thought it through! I'm telling you! Thank God for the USMB and I am grateful to be a member and I am sure many others are too because sometimes you just cannot get out and this is a wonderful forum to gather together in. May the LORD bless the owners of this board today and all who volunteer their time. Amen.

Here is Brother Shambach talking about ministry to the Russians, and end times Joel 2 ministry.

[ame=http://youtu.be/PPNjxzt8dxg]RW Shambach 082293 Word Explosion - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I woke up with the Joy of the LORD in my heart so strong this morning! It was like waking up in heaven the atmosphere was so glorious in my room! My angels must have been camping out here last night! Ha! ha! Oh! Praise God! This is the day the LORD has made and I shall rejoice and be glad in it. This is a very joyful song to start off your day with! The Bloodbought Church! Does it get any better than this? hmmm.....

[ame=http://youtu.be/hCdtE6VzR5o]Blood Bought Church - Nancy Harmon & Family Worship Center Choir - YouTube[/ame]

This is the Scripture that is in my spirit today! I am using a link from bible hub as there are other verses to go with it and they have it printed in many different translations.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New International Version
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

New American Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

King James Bible
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart.

International Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart.

NET Bible
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For the word of God is living and all-efficient, and much sharper than a double edged sword, and it pierces to the separation of soul and spirit and of joints, marrow and of bones, and judges the reasoning and conscience of the heart.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God's word is living and active. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet. God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For the word of God is alive and efficient and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

King James 2000 Bible
For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

American King James Version
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

American Standard Version
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Darby Bible Translation
For the word of God [is] living and operative, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and penetrating to [the] division of soul and spirit, both of joints and marrow, and a discerner of the thoughts and intents of [the] heart.

Last edited:
So when we quote the Word of God, speak the Word of God it exposes the thoughts and intents of the heart - in other words, when you speak the Word of God - being led by the Holy Spirit - God is using His Word which is living and operative to penetrate the hearts of men and cut through the soul and the spirit because it is only the Word of God that can discern the thoughts and intentions of anyones heart and reveal to them how God sees them.

A person may claim anything to be of God but when the Word of God comes in - the nonsense ends and the truth comes forth. This is why the Word of God is hated by the enemy and those who serve him. They despise the power of the Word of God because it destroys the lies, the false teachings, false doctrines. deceptions of the enemy. Light exposes darkness. Get it?

It is the truth that sets us free! God is so wonderful to Give us The Word! The Lord certainly loves people! He truly, truly loves people! Praise His Holy Name!

Do you know who the Word is? The Word is Jesus Christ!

It is written:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1

Jesus is the Word of God and without him nothing was made. He created all things. Jesus is the Word of God!

Last edited:
So returning to the scripture of the day! This is Jesus Christ we are speaking about. The Living Word of God! This is revelation knowledge that will utterly transform your life so I pray you readers take hold of it! It is the very life God wants each and every one of us to have and oh! What a life it is. It is glorious. There is nothing to compare to it!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.12For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
Cross References
Psalm 45:3
Gird your sword on your side, you mighty one; clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 149:6
May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

Proverbs 5:4
but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword.

Isaiah 49:2
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Jeremiah 23:29
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Acts 7:38
He was in the assembly in the wilderness, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors; and he received living words to pass on to us.

1 Corinthians 14:24
But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all,

Ephesians 5:26
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 6:5
who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Revelation 1:16
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
Treasury of Scripture
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Scriptures that are set together like diamonds to reflect the truth of the Word of the living God. It is perfectly jointed together! It is Perfection, Saints! Perfection! This is how we know the truth, beloved. Because if you were to put 6 false teachers in the same room none of them would or could agree with one another on their doctrines! They would be going in 6 different directions! Let the seventh person enter in - a Christian Quoting bible scripture and all 6 will align with one another in order to fight the Christian and deny the Word of God! Why? Because the 6 of them are all of the same spirit. False teachers / false doctrines / religions are all derived from the same source - satan - who does satan oppose? The Christian who has the Word of God hidden in His heart! The problem Satan has is he cannot keep his lies straight! Why can't he keep his lies straight? Because he does not know the future. Had he known the future he would never have permitted Jesus Christ to have gone to the cross! Get it? Satan does not know the future. Satan is a defeated foe. He was defeated at the cross. Believe it. It is the Truth. The Word of God has been given to all who have called upon the name of the LORD Jesus Christ to save them. Born again Christians have the Word of God abiding in them and they keep company with the believers who Lift up the name of the LORD and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. The gates of hell cannot prevail against the Blood bought Christian. It is impossible.

Last edited:
I hope you are being encouraged today, beloved! God loves you so very much! He wants to set you free and the way He is going to set you free today is by His Word and the Power of His Holy Spirit. Today is the day of liberty for many! Today is the day of giving thanks to God for all that He has done through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Today is the day of salvation! Are you ready? Get ready! Because God is ready! I know He is ready!! Glory to God in the Highest!

If you think of every scheme man comes up with to get people to follow their crazy ideas and false religions you will find it always ends up glorifying some man! What Jesus came to do is set us free through the power of the Cross. The Word of God came in the flesh to redeem mankind on a cross at calvary - He shed his blood for us. This is a free gift of salvation. You cannot boast because you didn't earn it. It is a free gift! You can only glory in the Cross! Not in any man or woman only in Jesus Christ can we give all praise and honor and glory for He alone went to the Cross!

This is the only way to God, the only way to freedom and the good news is Jesus did it all! Jesus did it all! Throw away the self help books, the new age cd's, the yoga mats, the many "alternative" plans that have promised to give you peace and failed miserably. The truth is the only peace you will ever need is Gods peace that comes through reconciling you back to God through the Cross! It is free, beloved! The gift of salvation is free and offered to you today! How would you like to be set free from all this baggage false religions have put on you? How would like to know that if you died tonight you'd be in heaven that very second? You can know it. Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Repent of your sins. Be sincere with God.

Gods word tells us that a broken and a contrite heart he will not despise. He takes pity upon us knowing our frame, you can come to Christ as you are today. It is Christ that makes all things new. Not self help books, not how to get happy 203 ways without God books, not new age seminars, smoking a joint or chanting words on a yoga mat or listening to rock music ( satans music ) 24/7 - none of that will get you there. Jesus is the answer and when you come to Him by Faith repenting of your sins, believing on His work at the cross and that he is the only begotten Son of God who died on the cross shedding his blood for your sins and arose on the 3rd day - ascended into heaven and he is seated at the right hand of the father - the Lord will receive you as His son / daughter.

The enemy has tried to get you to resort to the flesh to find peace with God! It is a lie! You don't need a man, you don't need a woman, you do not need anything but Jesus Christ! Jesus is your counselor, your healer, your deliverer, your Lord, your Savior, He is ALL that you need. He is ALL that you need.

Read the book of John, Matthew, Luke, Mark and let the Word of God - Jesus Christ - speak to you. We must not veer from the truth of Gods word! We must stay with the Word of the Living God. Read Matt 24 and listen to what Jesus said. Jesus said five times in that one chapter. Do not be deceived, do not be deceived, do not be deceived, do not be deceived. Why did he warn us 5 times do not be deceived? Because that is how Satan is going to come at you. He wants to deceive you into believing that you need to "add to the word of God" you need to "do something beyond what Jesus did at the cross", he wants to pervert the Word of God in your life to render you powerless. For some of you he has told the same lie he told Eve - eat of this fruit and ye shall be like God. No, you shall become demon possessed is what ye shall become! Wake up! Satan is afraid that if you get ahold of this truth you are going to wake up and realize that you truly were healed at the cross, you truly were delivered at the cross, you truly were redeemed at the cross, you truly were forgiven at the cross, you truly were made complete in Jesus Christ the day you came to the foot of the cross and repented of your sins sincerely before God and called upon the name of the Lord to be saved? Jesus gave you every victory at the cross! Why say no to such a glorious plan of salvation? Why wait even one more second?

It is all good news, people. It is all good news!

Last edited:
So what is the message of the Cross? That unless a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. Very simple.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. You must come through Jesus Christ to be accepted by God Almighty. You cannot enter heaven unless you are born again. The message of the Cross is - IT IS FINISHED. Jesus paid the price for your redemption.

Do you want it? Then come to Jesus.

There are not "many paths to God". There is only one way. It is through Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

…8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.…

Cross References
Matthew 10:32
"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

Luke 12:8
"I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.

Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Acts 2:32
God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

Acts 16:31
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

Romans 4:24
but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Philippians 2:11
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Peter 1:21
Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

1 John 4:15
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.
Treasury of Scripture
That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

That if.

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, said the Lord, every knee shall bow …

Matthew 10:32,33 Whoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess …

Luke 12:8 Also I say to you, Whoever shall confess me before men, him shall …

John 9:22 These words spoke his parents, because they feared the Jews: for …

John 12:42,43 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but …

Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to …

1 John 4:2,3 Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that …

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that …

and shalt.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that comdemns? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that …

John 6:69-71 And we believe and are sure that you are that Christ, the Son of …

John 20:26-29 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas …

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart, you may. And …

1 Corinthians 15:14-18 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your …

1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and …

Last edited:
It is written:

Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my father.

- Matthew 10:32

We have brother Gismy standing up and testifying for the LORD, I have seen Sister Becki give thanks to the LORD and acknowledge Him before men. I have seen a few others but on a board this size where are all the rest of the Christians who should be standing up and refusing to deny Jesus Christ before men?

It is a hard word but a necessary one:

If your friends are preventing you from being a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ? If the people you run with are keeping you from standing up for Gods Word and being a light in a dark place? If the people in your company are opposed to Jesus Christ and want nothing to do with him and will abandon you if you speak of him?

You are with the wrong people and you had better cut them loose right now and repent to the Lord Jesus Christ for putting the opinions of men before the opinion of God Almighty! Some of you may not be here come the end of this week and this is a very strong warning to get your house in order now. Right now.

Last edited:
So we have covered God and the Word of God - Jesus Christ and now we go to the Spirit of the LORD as defined in this scripture:

Just to make you Think: When The Enemy comes in Like a Flood!

Saints there are times when God allows trials, and at the same time, the enemy comes in like a raging flood, condemning and accusing and trying to push us down and under, and to cause us to be overcome and overwhelmed.

Often times we see trials as God's anger with us, or his discipline toward us, when what He is doing is refining us, that we might come forth as gold, that in the end He may say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter ye into the joy of the LORD."
Satan and his minions, take great pleasure in the suffering of the saints. We need to remind him, that we look for a city who's builder and maker is God, where in dwelleth righteousness, where we shall live forever, where there shall be no tears or suffering. Do not allow Satan to overwhelm you with your present trials, don't listen to his cries of death and destruction.

If we place our trust in the Lord He will cause us to triumph. All these things that come our way, are intended to perfect the fruit of the spirit in our lives, and increase our faith in our Deliverer.

Isaiah 59:19
So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

Now as you can see in the comments section, some what to move the comma in this scripture here in Isaiah, but if you study out this matter you can see that the comma is right where God intended it to be. We must allow scripture to interpret itself. Who is the enemy? Satan the Dragon!
Revelation 12:15
And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up “the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.”
So it is Satan that comes in like a flood, and it is the Holy Spirit that lifts up the standard against him.

If we look to the Lord, and trust and depend upon HIM in our time of trouble, He will exercise HIS authority over the enemy of our souls...He shall come to our rescue. He will hold our heads above the flood.

Hebrews 11:8-10
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Saints we must keep our hearts set upon things above, and not on the things of this earth, if we wish to be overcomers. We must not allow ourselves to become distracted by our troubles. God sees all and He knows all, and we can have confidence in HIM.

We should be able to say even in the midst of trouble..."This is the day that the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it, knowing that this present trial is working a far greater thing in me, that will profit for all eternity!"

Yes God brings good and He brings the hard times into our lives, that He may purify us and that That in and through that process, He may receive the glory in all things.
Choose to rejoice in the midst of your suffering, put on the garment of Praise for the spirit of heaviness!!!

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

I have heard others say the enemy does not come in like a flood, there is no such thing as a need to repent, there is not such thing as a judgment. None of which is scriptural mind you but people have a propensity to explain why they are not repenting, why they are denying there is a judgment coming, why they don't experience any opposition from the devil. Well, if you are headed in the same direction the devil is headed in why would he oppose you, Christian? Living in the world is exactly where he wants you to be! So if you are not experiencing any opposition I'd examine my life according to the Word of God and see if it is lining up. If it isn't? I'd make it a priority to get that matter settled today -starting with sincere repentance. All have sinned, all have fallen short of the glory of God, wherever you are missing it? Repent and come back to the place you left off with God. He'll meet you exactly there.

Last edited:

2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,…

Cross References
Jeremiah 1:10
See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

Jeremiah 23:29
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Romans 13:12
The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

1 Corinthians 9:7
Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk?

2 Corinthians 6:7
in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;

2 Corinthians 10:8
So even if I boast somewhat freely about the authority the Lord gave us for building you up rather than tearing you down, I will not be ashamed of it.

2 Corinthians 13:3
since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you.

2 Corinthians 13:10
This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority--the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.

1 Timothy 1:18
Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well,
Treasury of Scripture
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Last edited:
If you are a Christian what does this mean to you?

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back