Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us just examine the part that says We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised uup against the knowledge of God and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ......

When you have a stronghold in your mind what has happened is Satan has caused you to believe a lie. Once you realize it is a lie and that you have accepted something from Satan which he has raised up against the knowledge of God in your mind to hold you captive you have been commanded to do something to about it. What is it you have been commanded to do?

Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. If it is not written in the Word of God it is a lie from the enemy and he has gained a stronghold in your mind. You must destroy it with the Word of God and crush it under your feet ( Luke 10:19 ) You must decree and declare the written Word of God over your mind, body and spirit. You belong to the LORD and Satan has no rights to trespass unless you give them to him. Come out of agreement with Satan and come into agreement with the Word of God about you and who you are, Christian.

Last edited:
Why do we declare the Word of God to demolish every stronghold Satan tries to bring against our minds? Why do we declare the Word of God in response to every attack of the enemy? Why do we declare it is written and quote the Word of God? Here is why!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Notice how perfectly the Word of God confirms itself each and every time! It is fitted together Perfectly! It is "Perfection". The Word of God is Perfect.
--------------------------------------------clip from the link below----------------------------------------
Psalm 45:3
Gird your sword on your side, you mighty one; clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 149:6
May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

Proverbs 5:4
but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword.

Isaiah 49:2
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Jeremiah 23:29
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Acts 7:38
He was in the assembly in the wilderness, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors; and he received living words to pass on to us.

1 Corinthians 14:24
But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all,

Ephesians 5:26
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 6:5
who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Revelation 1:16
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
Treasury of Scripture
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

the word.

Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken to you …

Isaiah 49:2 And he has made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his …

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled …

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of …

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in …

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them…

is quick.

Psalm 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion: rule you …

Psalm 119:130 The entrance of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Ecclesiastes 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the …

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not …

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? said the LORD; and like a hammer that …

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power …

1 Corinthians 1:24 But to them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power …

2 Corinthians 10:4,5 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through …

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when you …

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should …

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, …

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat …

1 Peter 2:4,5 To whom coming, as to a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but …

sharper.

Psalm 45:3 Gird your sword on your thigh, O most mighty, with your glory and your majesty.

Psalm 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword …

Proverbs 5:4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with …

Isaiah 49:2 And he has made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his …

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said …

Acts 5:33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which …

Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went …

Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight against …

Revelation 19:15,21 And out of his mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it he should smite …

and is.

Psalm 139:2 You know my sitting down and my rising up, you understand my thought afar off.

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every …

Last edited:
Next bible verse. The Holy Spirit has been giving me this scripture all morning and it is coming back around again. So here it is:

Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Jeremiah 5:14
Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says: "Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes.

Jeremiah 20:9
But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

Hosea 6:5
Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets, I killed you with the words of my mouth-- then my judgments go forth like the sun.

Last edited:

Jeremiah 20:9 But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

Jeremiah's Complaint

…8For each time I speak, I cry aloud; I proclaim violence and destruction, Because for me the word of the LORD has resulted In reproach and derision all day long. 9But if I say, "I will not remember Him Or speak anymore in His name," Then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; And I am weary of holding it in, And I cannot endure it. 10For I have heard the whispering of many, "Terror on every side! Denounce him; yes, let us denounce him!" All my trusted friends, Watching for my fall, say: "Perhaps he will be deceived, so that we may prevail against him And take our revenge on him."…
Cross References
Acts 4:20
As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."

1 Kings 19:3
Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there,

1 Kings 19:4
while he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors."

Job 32:18
For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me;

Psalm 39:3
my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:

Jeremiah 4:19
Oh, my anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain. Oh, the agony of my heart! My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent. For I have heard the sound of the trumpet; I have heard the battle cry.

Jeremiah 6:11
But I am full of the wrath of the LORD, and I cannot hold it in. "Pour it out on the children in the street and on the young men gathered together; both husband and wife will be caught in it, and the old, those weighed down with years.

Jeremiah 23:9
Concerning the prophets: My heart is broken within me; all my bones tremble. I am like a drunken man, like a strong man overcome by wine, because of the LORD and his holy words.

Jeremiah 23:29
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Ezekiel 3:3
Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

Ezekiel 3:14
The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the LORD on me.

Amos 3:8
The lion has roared-- who will not fear? The Sovereign LORD has spoken-- who can but prophesy?

Jonah 1:2
"Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me."

Jonah 1:3
But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD.

Last edited:
It is time for the backsliders to return to the Lord. Stop running from God!

You do not want to miss this hour. You do not want to miss it. This is what you were born for! Do not miss what God is doing in this hour. You will regret it for all eternity. I promise you.

Matthew 25:2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1"Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2"Five of them were foolish, and five were prudent. 3"For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them,…

Cross References

Matthew 7:24
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Matthew 10:16
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Matthew 24:45
"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?

Matthew 25:3
The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.

Matthew 25:4
The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

Matthew 25:9
"'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

Last edited:
Staying with the message of the wise and foolish virgins comes Gurnalls message entitled
STAND - DO NOT SLEEP

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

Watchfulness is more important for the Christian soldier than any other. In temporal battles soldiers fight against men who need sleep the same as themselves, but the saint's enemy, Satan, is always awake and walking his rounds. Since the devil never sleeps, the Christian puts himself in grave danger by falling asleep spiritually - that is, by becoming secure and careless. Either the unregenerate part of his nature will betray him, or grace will not alert him to discover the enemy and prepare the assault. Satan will be upon him before he is awake enough to draw his sword. You should be aware that the saint's sleeping time is Satan's prime tempting time.

Even a fly dares to creep on a sleeping lion, unless he wakes up, there is nothing to fear. The weakest temptation is strong enough to foil a Christian who is napping in security. While Samson slept, Delilah cut his locks. While Saul slept, his spear was taken from his side and he was none the wiser. A drunken Noah slept and his son took pleasure in seeing his father's nakedness. Eutychus slept, nodded, and fell from the third loft, and was taken up for dead. Thus the Christian sleeping in false security may be taken by surprise. He may lose much of his spiritual strength - be robbed of his spear or armor ( graces, I mean ) - or have his nakedness uncovered by graceless men, and bring shame on his profession.

Sleep steals upon the soul quietly as it does on the body. The wise virgins fell asleep with the foolish ones, though not so soundly. Take heed that you do not indulge yourself in laziness, stir yourself to action, as we tell someone who is drowsy to stand up and walk around. Yield to idleness and sloth and they will grow upon you, busy yourself in your Christian duties and spiritual drowsiness will flee.

Last edited:
Good morning! This is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it. It is a beautiful day today! What a magnificent God we have that has created such beauty for our enjoyment! It is too wonderful to comprehend!

Parable of the Lost Sheep

Then drew near unto all the publicans and sinners to hear him. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

- Matthew 15: 1 - 7

I have another link that goes with this as the Sermon I am posting for you today was given by Aimee Semple McPherson.
Sermons - Free, Online Church Sermon Outlines and Full-Text | Preaching.com
http://www.foursquare.org/about/aimee_semple_mcpherson You can find Aimee's radio sermons online. This one entitled:

IN NEED OF THE SPIRIT

Luke 22:54 - 62

O Peter, how our hearts have ached for you and the shameful thing you did in denying your Lord! Yet, dear ones, how many of us have denied Him? Just the time we should have been true and witnessed from the housetops that He was our Saviour, how many times we sat silent just too long. We must either deny ourselves, or deny our Lord, deny the flesh or deny the Spirit.

Surely something was radically wrong with Peter, something was missing that was much needed. O, it was surely the Holy Ghost that Jesus said would endue them with power.

After Jesus had been caught up, we find Peter hastening to the upper room, tarrying until the Holy Ghost was poured out on the day of Pentecost. We picture him filled with the Holy Ghost, Acts 2: 4, speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gave him utterance, so filled with the Spirit that onlookers thought him drunken with wine. Hear the shouts and praises of the hundred and twenty, see the multitude come running together, astonished, amazed, in doubt, crying, "What meaneth this"?

O, it means that the Holy Ghost had come, that the hundred and twenty, and Peter, had been endued with power from on high, and were not able to stand up and witness with holy boldness of Jesus the crucified. It meant that out of their innermost being now flowed rivers of the Spirit that none could check or gainsay.

Peter standing up! O, what a change from the cringing, cowardly, denying Peter! This new Peter had received the Holy Ghost and now, intead of fearing a little maid, he stood boldly before this scoffing, doubting multitude of Jews, and boldly preached in the Holy Ghost, of Jesus, while multitudes turned to the Lord and accepted Him as their Saviour.

Are you measuring yourself by the measuring rod as we go, dear ones? If you have left all to follow Jesus, have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed, with Bible evidence? Have you felt your lack of power to testify and and your heart has been dismayed when you deny Him or failed in prayer, or lacked in power?

Then what you need is the Holy Ghost.

Or have you perhaps been on the mountain top, and beheld Him transfigured before you? Have you been as Peter, used in praying for the sick and casting out demons?

Have you mistaken these experiences for the baptism of the Holy Ghost? Then measure up today, compare your experience with the Bible evidence of the incoming of the Spirit.

If you have measured up so far and have received the Holy Ghost evidenced by the speaking in tongues, as Peter of old, don't stop there. This is just the beginning preparation for further advancement and grown, for when "He, the Spirit of truth is come, he will lead you into all truth." Let us then press on and follow all the way. Do not stop short of God's best and perfection.

- Aimee Semple McPherson

all credit due her & her sermon which happens to be the sermon the Holy Ghost led me to
to post for today. I hope it is a blessing to many. Peter did repent of denying Christ,
and once he was baptized in the Holy Ghost he never again looked back but did fulfill
the great commission to go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel. He is was
used mightily by the LORD and he was martyred for Christ. Peter glorified the LORD
and I love His teachings found in 1 Peter and 2 Peter in the bible. What a beautiful Servant -
Peter Magnified the Lord Jesus Christ all the days of His life after being Baptism in the Holy
Ghost. Men and women who have believed on the Lord Jesus continue to receive the Baptism of
The Holy Ghost today.

Last edited:
There was some preparing last night to put up a message today which will be a separate thread. It is going to make clear how deep and how wide and how vast is the syndicate of Lucifer and his evil empire and it will also give the individual who has lost his or her ability to believe in Jesus an understanding of how they lost their faith to believe in Jesus. Because it was an attack of Lucifer upon them in the first place - to lose their faith - it should be made clear - they have not lost it. They only believe they have because some false teacher / university professor /atheist school teacher / blogger / false friend / challenged their belief and enticed them to hear and consider in their hearts purposeful lies denying Christ, denying the existence of Lucifer even - in order to destroy their faith. We are not supposed to get into debates with the devil. We are to use the Word of God not our own natural minds. We are NOT TO THINK UPON things that are not true and opposing the Word of God. We are to think upon things that are "TRUE", lovely, of good report.... Do you see, Beloved? Never read or listen to an emmisary of Satan but rather expose the works of darkness. Put them on ignore if you must but do not read their evil works and permit them to gain a stronghold in your mind!

It is a wicked thing that Satans workers are up to but today that work will be exposed and the good new is that Jesus is saving Sorcerers, Witches, Satanists and such even today. Jesus did not come to condemn man but to save man from hell. Lucifer cannot offer anything in hell as it does not belong to him. Nothing belongs to him because he is a defeated foe. When did that happen? At the cross.

I believe that the greatest move of The Holy Ghost today is searching out those lambs who fell into the well by listening to deceivers, men used by Lucifer, very crafty men who have taken their talents, their genius - even men such as Hitchens- and used those gifts God gave them to serve Lucifer with and destroy the faith of these little lambs. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the stories of grieving Christian parents who say, My child went to a Baptist Bible college down in St. Petersburg only to lose his faith in God completely! My daughter went to a college as a christian and when she came home she no longer believed! My son went to a University as a born again Christian and came home an atheist who despised the mention of the Lord's name! There is very good news for the parents of such ones today. The good news is what Satan has stolen? He must release. Although he may have blinded your children with a spirit of unbelief for a season? But God still has his hand on your child and He knows exactly how to break that stronghold of unbelief off of them and set them free, restoring unto them the joy of their salvation. In this coming move of the Holy Spirit He will not only set them free but He will baptize them in the Holy Spirit, they will speak with tongues, they will be on fire for God with all their hearts and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them. Amen? Amen.

*** NOTE *** Moderators should realize that because of the power of the information on the thread I am going to put up there will be the usual scoffers, mockers, demanding it be either removed or transferred to the Rubber Room. ( Oh! The irony! ) They will claim that due to the far out testimony of the ex satanist - now Spirit filled Believer - and his exposing what is going on - that it is the stories made of Harry Potter, fables, fairy tales, certainly nothing true. These split into three categories - one group is resisting the Gospel of Jesus Christ and fears hearing the truth about satanism because they are living in sin and do not want to be reminded that they are vulernable and made the targets of such attacks. The second has been so deceived that they do not believe Lucifer or God exist at all. It is my experience that they usually fall into one of those two categories but there is a third and those are the satanists among us who do not not wish to have their secrets exposed. Why is that? Because it means they are finished here. Washed up. Done for. Still I hope they will stay on and be converted to Jesus Christ.

My warfare is never with human flesh. Only with Lucifer and his principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, demons. That is the only warfare any Christian should be involved in. Consider it as Gurnall once said in this quote,

Spend your wrath on Satan, who is your chief enemy. Men are only his puppets. They may be won to Christ's side and so become your friends at last. Anselm explains it it in the following manner, "When the enemy comes riding up in battle, the valiant soldier is not angry with the horse, but with the horseman. He works to kill the rider so that he may possess the horse for his own use. Thus we must do with the wicked. - William Gurnall

This is precisely the mindset of the Warrior for Christ. We drive the Sword of the Spirit straight through the heart of the enemy and take the horse he rides upon for Jesus Christ. Among these ones I believe are the finest thoroughbreds in the land for Christ and I've got a fire shut up in my bones until it is accomplished!!

It is not by might, nor by power but by my Spirit sayeth the LORD! Amen and Amen!

Last edited:
A short sermon from William Gurnall entitled, "PUT NO FAITH IN THE FLESH".

Whoever you are, you are baseborn until born again. The same blood runs in your veins with the beggar in the street. ( Acts 17: 26) We enter and leave the world alike, as one is not made of finer earth, so he does not disintegrate into purer dust.

If such is the composition of all flesh, why place your faith in any man? Do you not trust in princes, they cannot keep their crowns upon their own heads, nor their heads on their own shoulders.

Neither trust in wise men, whose designs often recoil upon themselves. Man's carnal wisdom may predict whatever it likes, but God turns the wheel and brings forth His own providence regardless. Nor trust too much in spiritual leaders. They too, are flesh, and their judgment is fallible. The holy man's mistake may lead you astray, and though he repents, you may go on and perish. Trust not in any man - not even in yourself. "He is a fool", the wise man said, "who trusts his heart."

Just as you should not trust in the flesh, neither should you be afraid of the flesh. You have seen what a rusty bucket it is, how subject to decay. This was David's resolve: "I will not fear what flesh can do to unto me" ( Psalm 56: 4 )

If you are a Christian, what is there to fear? You have no life to lose if you have already given it to Christ. And while God has not promised immunity from suffering, He has undertaken to bear your losses and pay you a hundredfold, though your reward may come in another world.

One more comforting thought. Is man mere flesh? Our heavenly Father knows it and makes allowances for our weakness: "He knoweth our frame, he remembereth we are dust" ( Psalm 103:14)
When you begin to faint under the weight of duty or temptation, God rushes to you as a mother to her distraught child, revives you by His own sweet breath, and will not let your spirit die.

- William Gurnall

This next short sermon by William Gurnall entitled, "OUR WAR WITH THE WICKED"

Now in all the saints' wars with the wicked, Satan is commander-in-chief on the wicked side. It is their captain's work the wicked do, his lusts they fulfill. The Sabeans were the ones who plundered Job, but they went on Satan's errand. The heretic spreads corrupt doctrine and perverts the faith of many, but he is only a minister of Satan. ( 2 Corinthians 11: 15 ) who gives him his call, his wiles, and his wages. Persecutors, whether by their tongues or their hands, are but the devil's instruments ( Revelation 2: 9,10 )

When you see people furiously striving against the truths and the servants of Christ, pity them as the most miserable people on earth. Do not fear their power, nor admire their talents. They are emissaries of Satan. The martyrs of old called them his drudges and slaughter-slaves. Augustine said in a letter to Lycinius ( a brilliant but wicked man who had once been his student ) "Oh, how I weep to see such a sparkling wit as yours, prostituted to the devil's service! If you had found a golden chalice, you would have given it to the church, God has given you a golden head, talent and wit, and with them you are drinking yourself to the devil!

When you see men of power and intellect using their talents against God, weep for their souls. Better they had lived and died slaves and fools than to do the devil's business with their God - given abilities.

When reproached and persecuted by wicked men, look beyond them. Spend your wrath on Satan, who is your chief enemy. Men are only his puppets. They may be won to Christ's side and so become your friends at last. Anselm explains it in the following manner, "When the enemy comes riding up in battle, the valiant soldier is not angry with the horse, but with the horseman. He works to kill the rider so that he may possess the horse for his own use." Thus we must do with the wicked.

-William Gurnall

Next Sermon by Gurnall entitled, "THE SAINT'S CHIEF ASSAILANTS ARE EVIL SPIRITS"

If the saints' battle only pitted flesh against flesh, some might be able to win it by their own efforts. But Paul dashes any silly notion of an independent victory when he describes the character of our greatest enemies. They are not "flesh and blood," but a host of evil spirits directed by the devil himself, and sent out to war against the saints.

Having been forever denied preeminence in the stars, Satan has determined to have it beneath them. Since the day he was thrown out of heaven, he and his followers have been working tirelessly to establish his dominion on earth. The epistle to the Ephesians reveals the scope of their influence: first, their system of government, second, the magnitude of their power, third, their territory which that usurper Satan has claimed belongs to him.

To deny the devil's exalted position in the present wicked world is to contradict God himself. Christ referred to him as "the prince of this world" ( John 14:30 ). And as princes have people and a province which they rule, so Satan has his.

An earthly dictator is fortunate to have subjects he can trust. The rest he must control by force, or he may shortly lose his throne as well as his head. But Satan has no reason to fear an assassin's bullet. He can trust all his subjects and never has to worry about rebellion - except when the Holy Spirit intervenes.

In fact, the wicked go beyond mere obedience to the devil, they willingly bend their knees and bow their heads in worship to him ( Revelation 13:4 ) It is nonetheless, no more than he demands.
- William Gurnall

I want the born again Christians reading this to ask yourselves a question. Are you that sold out to Jesus Christ that you have refused to rebel against Jesus Christ by openly sinning against
Him and not keeping His Word? By refusing to use your tongues to slander, to curse men, to talk foolishly of base things as the heathen do? Have you determined in your mind and hearts not to call evil good and good evil? Not to keep company with the workers of iniquity as stated in psalms 1?

Have you have renounced the works of darkness for His Namesake, even though you see other Christians still doing it? Have you renounced the works of the flesh and decided to follow Christ alone? Have you decided you will no longer partake in godless chatter with workers of iniquity whose consciences are seared even as with a hot iron? ( Romans 1 )

Are you as radically on fire for Jesus Christ and the great commission he has called you for - as the workers of Satan are at this very hour in their goal to bring about a one world order ruled by Lucifer?

Can you say today I have decided to put away all foolish things, I no longer listen to rock and roll on the car radio, talk about the "good ole days" with unbelievers, live with one foot in the world and the other in church, I no longer call evil good and good evil and am committed in my service as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ? If you can say that? You are one of the 25% that Lucifer has told his followers he cannot touch, you are part of the 25% of the believers of Jesus Christ that can destroy his powers and expose him to the uttermost! You are part of the 25% of the Christian world that the gates of hell shall not prevail against. The other 75% have compromised in their walks, permitting sin in the name of Grace and are open season for him and his workers. This is the truth. They know it. The saints of God know it. Today you shall know it too.

The only place of safety for the Christian is abiding in Christ and His Word abiding in us. It is the only place of safety. Satan has not challenged us to a mock battle, Church. You will either stand against Lucifer and his workers or he will destroy you. Make up your minds today as to whom you shall serve. Lucifer or Jesus Christ. You cannot serve both. Not even in the name of "grace".

Almost finished here. Don't faint yet. While you are digesting these messages let me encourage my brethren today with this bit of news. We have all missed it. All of us have missed it along the way because the enemy is very subtle in how he moves. He will whisper in your ear if you put up some old rock tunes you are sure to get these people to listen to you in your sermons about Jesus! If you show them you used to do the things they did and you appear more "normal" they will be more likely to listen. Ever heard that one before? Ha! Ha! I have! What a liar Satan is!! What a deceiver he is!! The truth?

That is not how it works. At all.

We fall for these suggestions because Satan sends these fiery darts at our minds causing us to believe the thought originated with us or from the Lord and so we do not see what He is up to. The only way for the Christian to walk a victorious life is to be completely surrendered to the Lord Jesus Christ and realize that it is not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit sayeth the LORD! This is the Lords Battle and He has invited us to come along side Him and be laborers in His Harvest. The laborers are few and the Harvest is plentiful. As we are commanded to pray for more laborers in the Harvest it is His
desire to see the workers who were invited to work to return back and let the Holy Spirit turn their no into a yes -come back to the field and work!

The LORD is desiring for us to give all of ourselves to Him and be filled with the Spirit of God to do what He has called us to do. Do not beat yourself up over missing it or having been duped in not knowing things such as rock music are satanic and glorify Satan. Just tell the Lord you missed it and from this day forward you give him your members ( eyes, ears, hands, nose, mouth, feet ) as a living sacrifice - holy and acceptable unto Him! For his service!

Let us tell the Lord that we will commit this day to not look upon evil things with our eyes but upon those things He desires us to look up such as His Holy Written Word. We will no longer sin with our eyes, Lord. Let us tell the Lord we offer up our ears to him that we will no longer listen to satans music - rock and roll, to slanderers and backbiters, to people who speak lies, to false teachers who seek to destroy our very souls, to those who call evil good and good evil, to those who mock Jesus Christ and are his enemy - we will give not one more second to it but rather we shall listen to the voice of our good shepard and follow wherever His Spirit leads.

We give our ears to hear praise music and worship music that is worthy to His name and anointed of the Holy Ghost! We give our ears to the hearing of the Word of God because faith cometh by hearing the Word of God. It is good to hear the Word of the Lord, false wide road preachers we shall not listen to nor follow......

Let us tell the Lord today we give our hands to you for your use to write holy scriptures, to help those in need, to lay hands on the sick and pray for them, to hold up the Word of God and give it to others by way of anything he gives us to use - even the internet. Let us give the Lord our nose and seek to know the sweet fragrance of the Holy Spirit which is the Rose of Sharon - rather than base things that profit us nothing...... let us give the Lord our mouth that we make known boldly the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ wherever we go! Not to use for godless chatter of which we have all wasted far too much of His time on! Let us bless and ask sanctification and cleansing of everything we eat and drink and let us do
all things to the glory of God our Father!

Let us give the LORD our feet and ask him for the promise He gave to Joshua that every place the sole of our foot does tread we shall take for His Kingdom! We need to get on the offense now and take back what the devil has stolen! Are you ready, church?!!
Get ready! Because God is ready! And you do not want to miss this great battle! You do not want to miss it! God has saved the best wine for last! It is being poured out even now! Do not miss this move of God, do not let any member of your flesh keep you from it! Crucify your flesh and follow Christ! Deny yourselves, take up your crosses and follow Jesus! He is Worthy! He Alone is Worthy!!! May the Joy of the Lord be your strength today, Beloved!

Here is the scripture for these messages today. Know that when an unbeliever comes to Christ and submits to God and resists the devil he will flee from him. That is a bible promise from God Almighty. The key to making Lucifer flee is in your submission to God. Fully submit yourselves to God, crucify your flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit and the gates of hell shall not prevail against you. God does not want anyone to be discouraged. There is no reason to be discouraged. Why? Because THROUGH JESUS CHRIST you can do all things. God tells us this in His Word! Would God lie to us about such a thing? Absolutely not! If we are willing to follow Christ? God is more than willingly to help us every step of the way! Amen? Amen!

http://biblehub.com/galatians/5-24.htm

New Living Translation
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

English Standard Version
And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

New American Standard Bible
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

King James Bible
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

International Standard Version
Now those who belong to the Messiah Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires.

NET Bible
Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But those who are of The Messiah have crucified their flesh with all its weaknesses and its cravings.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their corrupt nature along with its passions and desires.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For those that are of the Christ have crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.

King James 2000 Bible
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And they that are Christ's, have crucified their flesh, with the vices and concupiscences.

Last edited:
In giving definition of what vices are and concupiscences - Many may not understand the world "concupiscences" which is used in the defining of Douay-Rheims Bible - in describing the those who are Christ's and have crucified the flesh. So here is a link to that word so you can examine the meaning.

Another thing that is worth mentioning at this point as the Holy Spirit is reminding me of it - is that we should have about as much desire / need for the things of this world - Bentley's, helicopters, clothing piled like clay, jewelry, mansions and the like as a dead man would have for them.
( absolutely nothing )

To love this world is to be at enmity with God. To love the things of this world is to be at enmity with God. We are not to be laying up our treasures on this earth but in heaven where moth and rust will not eat them away. I say this to let each of us examine our own hearts and not to
lay accusation to any persons but to be clear our eyes should be fixed upon Jesus Christ alone. Paul was content abounding and Paul was content when not abounding. Paul was content as a free man and Paul was content in prison for the Gospel's sake. Let us also learn to be content in which ever state we find ourselves in.

Concupiscence - Definition and Meaning, Bible Dictionary

Concupiscence

Strong desire; passion.
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil CONCUPISCENCE, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience. ( Colossians 3:5-6 )

Source: A King James Dictionary. (Used with permission. Copyright © Philip P. Kapusta)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bibliography Information

"Entry for 'Concupiscence'". A King James Dictionary.

Encyclopedias - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia - Concupiscence

CONCUPISCENCE

kon-ku'-pi-sens (epithumia):

Not used in the Revised Version (British and American), but in the King James Version, Romans 7:8; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:5. The Greek noun, like the verb from which it comes, meaning "to yearn," "to long," "to have the heart set upon a thing," is determined in its moral quality by the source whence it springs or the object toward which it is directed. Thus, our Lord uses it to express the intensest desire of His soul (Luke 22:15). As a rule, when the object is not expressed, it refers to longing for that which God has forbidden, namely, lust. It is not limited to sexual desire, but includes all going forth of heart and will toward what God would not have us to have or be, as its use in the Septuagint of the Ten Commandments clearly shows, for "Thou shalt not covet" (Exodus 20:17).

H. E. Jacobs
The yearning for and longing for, the setting the heart upon a thing that could indeed turn your heart from God in the end? Is a dangerous thing. We need to desire to have what God would have for us to have OR to be as H.E. Jacobs presents this second definition. We should not be coveting and asking amiss because we desire to consume these things ourselves. That is not being led by the Spirit of God and I pray people begin to preach on this more.

Last edited:
Final sermon from William Gurnall entitled "SATAN'S CHOSEN EMISSARIES"

Satan knows he must have cooperation of all his subjects in order for his kingdom to thrive, he is especially pleased to use the most wicked. As princes appoint ministers of state to enforce their whims and wishes, so Satan has his special emissaries to carry out his plans. He too has his chosen disciples like Elymas, whom Paul called "full of all subtilty.......and child of the devil ( Acts 13:10 )

It is to this inner circle of dark hearts that he imparts the mysteries of iniquity and the depths of degradation.

But even with those chosen few he does not share everything. He always holds his own purse and the sinner's too, so that he is the investor and the sinner only the broker to trade for him. In the end, all the ill-gotten gains drop into the devil's pocket. Everything the sinner has - time strength, intellect and all - is spent on keeping the devil on his throne.

"How," you may ask, "did such a low creature come to hold such a mighty principality?" Not lawfully, you can be sure, though he is clever enough to show a claim which appears legitimate. For one thing, he claims the earth by conquest. It is to some degree true that he won his crown through power and politics, and that he keeps it the same way. yet "conquest" is a cracked title.

A thief has no legal right to the wallet he takes from his victim simply because he put it in his pocket and claims it is his own. Nor is the wrong thus committed ever made right by the passing of time. Years may go by before he is discovered, he will be as guilty on the day of his arrest as on the day he perpetrated the crime. Now the thief on the throne is no different from one in the alley.

Satan has indeed kept his stolen title a long time, but he is no less a criminal than on the day he first took Adam's heart.
-William Gurnall

Today I'm putting up a thread entitled, Testimony of an Ex - Satanist - who I would venture to say he was one of Satan's chosen Emissaries. Such as Elymas was. Today he is a Christian and what he has exposed about the kingdom of Satan is going to be very difficult for some of you to believe. Nevertheless, I believe this man is speaking the truth as I am well aware of the astral world and how Satans workers operate on that level - some new agers also use astral projection - some in yoga - it is a very dangerous thing to do and much of what this man says will be news to most people - satanists are aware that every word he has told is accurate but for those who do not know - this is going to be hard to believe. So be forewarned that if you are not a born again Christian - obedient to Christ - you are vulnerable to the attacks he speaks of in his testimonies. According to his own admission he had 432 demons dwelling inside of him before he came to Jesus Christ and obtained deliverance. I will also add another testimony from another ex satanist to confirm some of what he speaks of and anything else that might help the reader understand just how diabolical the kingdom of Satan is. Stay tuned........it's coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back