Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward the video to 15:36 and watch in it's entirety. This is the anointing of the Holy Spirit, it is tangible and real. Experience the anointing of the Holy Spirit and listen to the model's testimony and her mothers testimony. This is the power of the Holy Spirit.

Kathryn Kuhlman Melodyland 1969, 1 - YouTube

This video is so glorious - the anointing is all over it - there is a young model if you go to the middle of the video - the half way mark. This young model is there with her mother who has just been healed and she gives testimony of having given her life to Christ and abandoning a very promising career. She had been on the cover of Vogue and many photographers sought to photograph her and she was offered contracts but she refused them all and said no. The Lord had called her and she had answered. She said something in the half way mark - and you will see she is quite beautiful in spirit and countenance but the message of the Holy Spirit is the subject here. Her spirit is so pure before the LORD that speaks something divinely by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and it is important to make note of it before posting the sermon from Brother Michael Boldea Jr. today - as it is the very thing the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about. That unless a believer surrenders all - unless they are willing to surrender every area of themselves unto God - they will not be able to endure unto the end as is required of those who shall be saved. We can withhold nothing. Our surrender must be complete.

We are headed into some very turbulent times in the future and so it is a matter of life and death - and I do mean eternal - that we submit ourselves fully to God and not leave any area of our life undone. God must have everything. He will accept nothing less.

Sermon from Michael Boldea Jr. on July 16, 2014 entitled, "FREE REIGN"

Hand of Help Ministries

Individuals not wholly sold out to God have a difficult time understanding the notion of giving God free reign of their hearts. To such individuals it is perfectly reasonable, and even generous on their part to offer God half, three quarters, or even 80% of their hearts, reserving a piece, a slice, a
little alcove for themselves, for their predilections, proclivities, or passions.

Because these individuals do not understand that serving God is an all or nothing proposition, they find ways of excusing sin in their lives, they find ways of excusing compromise in their lives, and they find ways of excusing duplicity in their lives.

The prism through which men perceive service toward God determines whether or not they will dedicate their all to Him, or feel as though they are doing Him a favor if they acknowledge Him from time to time, as long as He doesn’t inconvenience them too terribly.

I’ve said this before, but it bears mentioning it again, God is not interested having roommates. God is not interested in sharing the space of your heart with anything else that isn’t Him, and because He is God, He can do that. It is God’s prerogative to demand exclusivity to your heart. It is God’s prerogative to expect that once you invite Him to move in, every other tenant must move out.

Anything less than that, anything less than God being solitary on the throne of your heart is self-delusion, and self-deception.

Man, in his hubris, has been trying to put God in a box since the beginning of creation. No matter how hard we try, no matter how many mental aerobics and theological machinations we seem to put ourselves through, we never quite succeed, and God remains God, His nature remains ever the same, and those who boldly claim that God has changed and now embraces the darkness as though it were light are proven fools and liars eventually .

What does this have to do with Peter’s first epistle? Well, everything. Peter was attempting to prepare the household of faith for what was about to come upon it. I believe wholeheartedly that Peter receive revelation of what was to transpire, of the hardships and trials the church would have to go through, and inspired of the Holy Spirit, Peter writes to the church and tells them that without being sanctified, without giving God free reign of one’s heart, we have no hope of enduring to the end, and overcoming as we ought.

How can today’s church hope to endure hardship, trials, tribulations, persecution and even martyrdom if we are unwilling or unable to do away with the sins, vices, and predilections we hold close to our bosom?

I realize the following will come across like a lead balloon, but if you can’t break ties with your sin, if you can’t break ties with your addiction, if you can’t break ties with your lust, you will never have the strength and wherewithal to stand for the name Jesus in the face of certain death.

If we can’t live for Christ, we will never be willing to die for Him.

As the old adage so aptly puts it, ‘dying is easy…it’s the living that’s hard.’

It is only when we’ve surrendered our all, when there is nothing left to give, nothing left to surrender, nothing left to lay on the altar, that we can, with certainty, declare our unshakeable faithfulness to He who was faithful, no matter what the future might hold. If there are still things we are holding onto, if there are still vices, if there are still unconfessed sins, if there is still pride, then when we say we surrender all to Jesus, we’re lying to ourselves as well as those around us.

It’s the sins you keep close to your chest that will kill you, not the ones you’ve surrendered and laid down at the foot of the cross.

God must reign in our hearts unimpeded. He must reign in our hearts unrestrained. He must reign in our hearts unfettered, and He will accept nothing less, no matter how much we might like Him to.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/LjBDY97NSxE]Phil Driscoll - A Higher Plane / Holy Ground (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Short Sermon by Gurnall - A BETTER DWELLING PLACE http://www.ccel.org/ccel/gurnall/armour/files/armour.html

We can cling to the promise that what God has prepared for us is beyond our most extragavant dream. ( Isaiah 64:4 , 1 Corinthians 2: 9 )

Find out for yourself whether you are devoted to heavenly or earthly things. You cannot pursue both. Earthly things are like trash, which not only does not nourish, but takes away the appetite from that which would. Heavenly things have no appeal for one corrupted by trash.

Only when you come to the end of yourself, like the prodigal, will you make the judgment that heavenly things are better. Then you will know bread is better fare than husks, and your Father's house a better place to dwell than the hogs in the field. If you will have heaven, you must have Christ, who is all and all. And if Christ, you must accept His service as well as His sacrifice. No holiness, no happiness. Take the whole offer or take nothing. One can compare holiness, and happiness to those sisters Rachel and Leah.

On the surface, happiness, like Rachel, seems more desirable ( Even a carnal heart will fall in love with that ) But holiness, like Leah, is the elder and has a special beauty also, although in this life it appears at some disadvantage - the eyes are red from tears of repentance and the face furrowed with the work of mortification. Here is heaven's law: The younger sister cannot be bestowed before the elder. We cannot enjoy fair Rachel - heaven and happiness - until we first embrace Leah - holiness - with all her demanding duties of repentance and mortification. Will you live by this law? Marry Christ and his grace, then serve a hard apprenticeship in temptations both in prosperity and adversity. Endure the heat of the one and the cold of the other. If you will be patient , at last the fairer sister will be handed over to you. This is the only way to win the prize of heavenly things.

Last edited:
William Gurnall - EARTHLY THINGS ARE UNSATISFYING - William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

A man's wealth often breeds misery, but never contentment. How foolish to suppose it ever could! Our spirits are immaterial, they wil not be satisfied with the perishable delights of flesh and blood. The earthly prizes we strive to win are far inferior to the nature of man. Therefore, we must look far beyond them if we want to be blessed - even to God Himself, who is the Father of spirits. The possessions God allows us to have are intended for our use, not our enjoyment.

Trying to squeeze something out them that was never in them in the first place is a futile endeavor. A cow's udders, gently pressed with yield sweet milk nourishing and refreshing. Applying more and more pressure will not produce greater quantities of milk. We lose the good of material things by expecting too much from them. Those who try hardest to please themselves with earthly goods find the least satisfaction.

All of our frustrations could be easily avoided if we would turn away from things and look to Christ for happiness. Here is what you can expect when you do:

First, the guilt of your sins all gone. Guilt is the pin that constantly pricks our joy. When Christ takes away your sins, He also takes away your guilt.

Second, your nature renewed and sanctified. Holiness is simply the creature restored to the state of health which God intended when he created him. And when is a man more at ease then when he is healthy?

Third, adoption into the family of God. Surely this cannot help but make you happy - to be the son or daughter of so great a King.

Fourth, an eternal inheritance with Christ. We cannot begin to comprehend what this means in terms of everlasting joy. Our present conceptions of heaven are no more like heaven itself than an artist's painting of the sun is like the orb in a sky.

Something precious to ponder......... A quote from Gurnall:

A father's love is a great comfort to an obedient child, but this demonstration of tenderness cannot be compared to the compassion of a father toward his rebellious child. Certainly the prodical who is received again into his father's arms has more reason to return that father's love than the brother who never left home. Without a doubt, then, God's pardoning mercy and the love of Christ which procured it are the sweetest, most wholesome fruit a saint here on earth can meditate upon.

- William Gurnall

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

Last edited:
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they might be saved.

- Romans 10:1

Quotes

Faith is the only thing that receives Christ with all His powerful sanctifying influences into the heart.
- Charles Finney

The art of trust unites our spirits to Him in a union so close that we directly receive from Him a current of Eternal life.
-Charles Finney

God is more eager to answer than we are to ask.
- Smith Wigglesworth

The institutional church should be so powerful that when the world challenges it, when unregenerated man challenges it - it can reply with God's miracles.
-Katherine Kuhlman

More Quotes

Oh, how many things there are that we greatly need and that we might have at once if we would only judge and put away our sin!
-R.A. Torrey

Sin had attacked and ruined the soul and body equally. Jesus came to save both. Having taken our sickness as well as sin on Himself, He is in a position to set us free from the one as well as the other.
- Andrew Murray

Within the hand of God lies the place of acceptance and safety, the place of power as well as of concealment.
- Charles Spurgeon

Furthermore, prayer's possibilities are rendered unlimited, and its necessity unavoidable.
-E. M. Bounds

Christ's love has stirred us to desire more of Him, even His immediate and glorious presence.
- Charles Spurgeon

Now after you have prayed, be still, be quiet, but in that time of waiting, be filled with expectancy and hope.
-Katherine Kuhlman

We don't need to be afraid of the Holy Spirit's leading when He is in charge. When He's in control, everything is so organized and right.
- Benny Hinn

Thou art before the Lord, let thy words be few, but let thy heart be fervent.
- Charles Spurgeon

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say,

Our Father, which art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our tresprasses as we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

- Luke 11: 2 - 4

And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend and shall go unto him at midnight, and say until him, Friend, lend me three loaves: For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not, the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed, I cannot rise and give thee.

I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you, seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened for you. For everyone that asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

-Luke 11: 5 - 10

And if a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: How much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

- Luke 11: 11 - 13

http://biblehub.com/acts/2-38.htm

Cross References

Isaiah 59:20
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD.

Matthew 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Luke 3:10
"What should we do then?" the crowd asked.

Luke 24:47
and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:15
When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,

Acts 8:16
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 8:20
Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Acts 10:45
The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles.

Acts 10:48
So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

Acts 13:38
"Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Last edited:
John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/kTnuixnEgj0]Let Your Glory Fill This Place - Maranatha Singers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/psuYGOHJ-1s]Oh, The Glory of Your Presence - Alvin Slaughter - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/56-qxg7i118]Lord I believe in You - Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/13GEdVKK2jo]Phil Driscoll "Amazing Grace" (phenomenal trumpet) - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing Grace: The Story of John Newton

Newton was born in London July 24, 1725, the son of a commander of a merchant ship which sailed the Mediterranean. When John was eleven, he went to sea with his father and made six voyages with him before the elder Newton retired. In 1744 John was impressed into service on a man-of-war, the H. M. S. Harwich. Finding conditions on board intolerable, he deserted but was soon recaptured and publicly flogged and demoted from midshipman to common seaman.

Finally at his own request he was exchanged into service on a slave ship, which took him to the coast of Sierra Leone. He then became the servant of a slave trader and was brutally abused. Early in 1748 he was rescued by a sea captain who had known John's father. John Newton ultimately became captain of his own ship, one which plied the slave trade.

Although he had had some early religious instruction from his mother, who had died when he was a child, he had long since given up any religious convictions.

However, on a homeward voyage, while he was attempting to steer the ship through a violent storm, he experienced what he was to refer to later as his “great deliverance.” He recorded in his journal that when all seemed lost and the ship would surely sink, he exclaimed, “Lord, have mercy upon us.” Later in his cabin he reflected on what he had said and began to believe that God had addressed him through the storm and that grace had begun to work for him.

For the rest of his life he observed the anniversary of May 10, 1748 as the day of his conversion, a day of humiliation in which he subjected his will to a higher power. “Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; ’tis grace has bro’t me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.” He continued in the slave trade for a time after his conversion; however, he saw to it that the slaves under his care were treated humanely.

In 1750 he married Mary Catlett, with whom he had been in love for many years. By 1755, after a serious illness, he had given up seafaring forever...

Read more on link.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back