Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit it: Sandi Patty's got the Broadway pipes.

She has an amazing voice. There are many gifted singers in the family of God, Capstone. I wish I could find the one with Larnell Harris. That one is quite beautiful.

As a child, I occasionally accompanied my Mom on the piano. She had a beautiful singing voice, until it was taken away by a rare form of MD associated with the muscles in the neck, throat, and head. Some people said her voice was similar to Sandi Patty's. I thought it was better (but then, I was probably a little biased.)

She has an amazing voice. There are many gifted singers in the family of God, Capstone. I wish I could find the one with Larnell Harris. That one is quite beautiful.

As a child, I occasionally accompanied my Mom on the piano. She had a beautiful singing voice, until it was taken away by a rare form of MD associated with the muscles in the neck, throat, and head. Some people said her voice was similar to Sandi Patty's. I thought it was better (but then, I was probably a little biased.)

I'm sorry that happened to her, Capstone. I would have loved to hear her sing! I think Sandi Patti has a tremendous anointing on her life for singing. I have known of others who had it and it sounds like your mother had it too. I love the sound of a beautiful voice singing. It lifts my spirit.

I also like the trumpet. Nobody does it like Phil in my opinion. He used to be in a band with Joe Cocker when the LORD called him and then he left and wouldn't you know... Cocker began to imitate him. I had a long talk about this with one of Phil Driscoll's close friends because I wondered why he never let that be known. So many people say Phil Driscoll sounds like Joe Cocker but it was the other way around. No question Phil Driscoll has the fruit of longsuffering in abundance!

[ame=http://youtu.be/i5fl-m74Jb0]Jesus Paid It All ~ Phil Driscoll - YouTube[/ame]

It is a wonderful thing to be at peace with God and to be able to say, It is well with my soul. Is your soul at peace with God today?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC5OUwjZpEI&list=PL7B313DF8D533FCE5]Tribulation - YouTube[/ame]

Is that what worries you at night, Hobie? I've got good news for you. With Jesus? You can get through anything! Including the night! :eusa_angel:

God loves you and so do I. Come to Jesus and quit worrying. He's got it.

Why do Christians sing? This song says it best! Talk about making a joyful noise unto the Lord!

[ame=http://youtu.be/lkO13cr1Tlo]The Reason Why I Sing - YouTube[/ame]

Is that what worries you at night, Hobie? I've got good news for you. With Jesus? You can get through anything! Including the night! :eusa_angel: .

don't be silly Jeri. I have no worries. I always have in my possession a rabbits foot and I have a blast at night.

I posted that as an example of how deranged some fundamentalist believers are and the beliefs that turned their brains to jello.

Did you not notice how irrational and delusional what he said was?

nevermind.....

God loves you and so do I. Come to Jesus and quit worrying. He's got it.

cut the crap Jeri. You love me so much that you would advise me to defy the commands of God, lose my mind and die the death?

How sweet. I am deeply touched.

Come to Jesus how? By worshiping him as if he was a god?

Not by the hairs of my chinny chin chin...

The days of Elijah sung by Judy Jacobs

[ame=http://youtu.be/PUIa674GGCo]Judy Jacobs - Days of Elijah (No God Like Jehovah) - YouTube[/ame]

A rabbits foot, Hobie? Say it isn't so!

I do love you and I pray God shows you that one day. But more importantly I pray that He reveals to you that Jesus is Your Messiah. The Jews do not have a different Messiah, Hobelim. Jesus is the Jewish Messiah. What did Jesus tell Nicodemus? You must be born again.

Would you like to discuss the encounter between Jesus and Nicodemus?

p.s. I didn't see the video, Hobelim. Which one is it, post it and I'll watch it. We can discuss it if something about it bothers you. - J.

I'm sorry that happened to her, Capstone. ...

I appreciate the sentiment, but it was just 'one of those things'. Bad things happen to good people at pretty darned close to the same frequency as they happen to bad people, which suggests little or no divine interference in 'the natural order' of things.

Phil Driscoll! One of my pre-teen idols. Seriously. What can I say? There wasn't much choice for a church-going band geek back then. :laugh:

Last edited:
Most of the modern Christian stuff is pretty bad and seems to adhere to the template in the following video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJBd8zE48A]Parody Of Our Modern Church Service - YouTube[/ame]

It's almost like a show to mimic the cool kids. :laugh:

Most of the modern Christian stuff is pretty bad and seems to adhere to the template in the following video:

Parody Of Our Modern Church Service - YouTube

It's almost like a show to mimic the cool kids. :laugh:

When Jesus Christ is lifted up he will draw all men unto himself. When man is lifted up they need something else to keep him up. That's the difference. That is why Bonnke has almost 2 million people standing outside in the open night air listening to him lift up Jesus with a microphone and an interpreter instead of a lightshow and a rock band.

See the difference now, Capstone? :eusa_angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
100 million souls claimed for the Kingdom of Heaven... I believe God is going to give it to him. He has already made it to the half way mark or close to it. What if every Christian made it their goal to win 100 million souls for Jesus Christ. Talk about an evangelism explosion!!

[ame=http://youtu.be/mZZ4F8XFdvA]Reinhard Bonnke 100 million souls - YouTube[/ame]

An interview with Reinhardt Bonnke

Preaching Where The Spirit Moves: An Interview With Reinhard Bonnke Preaching.com

Preaching: Tell me about your process of preparing an evangelistic sermon.

Bonnke: Well, I don’t deliver sermons. I deliver people. I’m an evangelist. I preach the ABC’s of the gospel. I often say: I preach the ABC’s, my colleagues preach the XYZ’s, so between us we preach the whole alphabet!

I go into the jungle often. I go to remote areas where nobody else is going. They keep telling me, “You’re the first Evangelist who has come into this area.” With or without that, I have to repeat the ABC’s of the Gospel. I preach salvation always, so I am a repeat preacher. Like teachers at school, getting a new class and explaining the ABC’s, that’s where I get it from. I’m a repeat preacher.

A pastor cannot preach like that. He’s got the same congregation, and he comes with different subjects every Sunday -- something else. I keep repeating the message of the Cross and Salvation again, and again, and again.

Over the years, I’ve seen the response some of my messages bring and I repeat those messages that bring the greatest and the best response because I want to see people in Heaven. These people are being taken into the local churches and there they are being nourished in the Word of God but I am the ABC guy. I am the evangelist and I stick with that.

Now I am not always satisfied by just preaching the ABC’s, and preaching the ABC’s does not mean that I don’t know the XYZ’s. I do. I very well do. That’s why I’m writing books. My first book was published in 1989. There are now 180 million copies of my books in about 100 languages spread across the globe and I feel that’s my place where I can really communicate what else is in my heart.

Preaching: What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the process of preaching evangelistically?

Bonnke: He is the spark. He is the spark. The Holy Spirit draws us to Jesus. That’s what I feel. I very much rely on the Holy Spirit because it’s the electric charge, really.

When I pick up the phone and I want to speak with someone in San Francisco, I’m not shouting loud into the phone, hoping he can hear me in San Francisco. It’s an electric charge. It’s a background to it. I can whisper and he will hear it. Shouting won’t help it. This is what I feel at my meetings, although I love shouting all the same! It’s the spark nature. It’s my character. You know, when I’m excited people will know that I am excited!

The Holy Spirit is also authenticating the message I preach. It’s a ministry of preaching, teaching, healing as Jesus did. If you read Matthew 4 -- preaching, teaching, healing; preaching, teaching, healing. I feel I’m obliged to follow that example and the Holy Spirit is the One who empowers that.
continue reading on link........

Last edited:
You know something? I find it very sad that the thing Reinhard hears often is "your the first evangelist we've ever seen." These people in the jungle? They haven't heard the gospel because they have never seen an evangelist before! Reinhardt Bonnke is the only one they have seen! One man. Can one man make a difference?

With God on his side? You bet he can! One man working with God makes the Majority. If God has to do it through one man he will. God can do anything.

I'm sorry that happened to her, Capstone. ...

I appreciate the sentiment, but it was just 'one of those things'. Bad things happen to good people at pretty darned close to the same frequency as they happen to bad people, which suggests little or no divine interference in 'the natural order' of things.

Phil Driscoll! One of my pre-teen idols. Seriously. What can I say? There wasn't much choice for a church-going band geek back then. :laugh:

Funny isnt it, Capstone? I chose it for you.

Guess the Holy Spirit knows what you used to listen to, eh? :eusa_angel:

I dedicate this song to you, Capstone.

[ame=http://youtu.be/_yLgtd_kkxw]I've Just Seen Jesus [Live] - YouTube[/ame]

If it is any consolation to you, Capstone. I do not attend a modern church. I am a Pentacostal and have nothing to do with what is going on out there. I have a couple of street preacher friends who I have had church with at their house and they have had church at mine. We also meet for bible studies at our houses when the LORD arranges it. I do understand your point about the entertainment, etc. Reinhardt Bonnke said the less the church has of the Holy Spirit the more they have to serve coffee cake and coffee. I believe Bonnke knows what is going on over here but he is praying about it.

On the continent of Africa where Bonnke is people get out of wheel chairs, people are healed of blindness, deafness, cancer, you name it they get completely healed. Here in America? It's not happening so much. Why do you think that is? What is missing?

Last edited:

Sorry about your mom Capstone:smiliehug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back