Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Your mom sounds like someone who would inspire me to keep going on even through these had times I've been in the past 18 months.

I'm sure she'd encourage you to keep on believing in the power of prayer, no matter how little difference for the better it might seem to make in your personal situation/condition. Let's leave it at that.

Oh I'd say someone has definitely had their prayers heard.

-Jeremiah

Here are some quotes by Reinhardt Bonnke about faith, Gods faithfulness and much more....

Reinhard Bonnke Quotes

◦Faith is the vital principle of prayer.

◦Faith removes the mountains which unbelief creates.

◦Go for the purposes of God, and the means to fulfill them will follow.

◦God always hears prayer. He cannot make it obvious, but He hears every time we move our lips.

◦God always works with workers and moves with movers, but He does not sit with sitters.

◦God answers prayer. For every deadline He will throw you a lifeline. Keep believing and be blessed!

◦God has a thousand-year calendar with only one day marked on it. It is marked TODAY.

◦I don’t want to play with marbles … when God told me to move mountains!

◦Jesus showed us how he lived as the Son of Man so that we would know how to live as the children of God.

◦Prayer is faith in action.

◦Praying for God to work is fine, but praying for Him to do what we should be doing is pointless.

◦The Bible knows nothing about air in a jar, only wind in motion. It knows nothing about the Holy Spirit except in action, in manifestation.

◦The difficulty is not in knowing His will but doing it.

◦The first disciples received power but never returned to the Upper Room for another Pentecost. We do not read they had prayer retreats to recover power.

◦There is no such thing as another Pentecost. The Holy Spirit comes to stay.

◦Those eternally seeking the will of God are overrun by those who DO the will of God.

◦We cannot expect divine revelation to be what we imagine; if it was, there would be no need of divine revelation at all.

◦We never do great things without trying.

◦What God does, He does through us, in our action. If anybody does nothing, God does nothing with them.

◦What use is it going to one prayer meeting after another to pray for power if you never do anything that needs power, or your prayers are steeped in disobedience and unbelief? Faith does not come by logic. Remember the feeding of the 5,000? Miracles flow only through hands that distribute bread. Faith and obedience is the vehicle, which carries believers – even timid ones – into the miracle zone.

continue reading on link for more quotes

Last edited:
This one is my favorite. Talk about hitting the bullseye! Wowee Zowee!

◦What use is it going to one prayer meeting after another to pray for power if you never do anything that needs power, or your prayers are steeped in disobedience and unbelief? Faith does not come by logic. Remember the feeding of the 5,000? Miracles flow only through hands that distribute bread. Faith and obedience is the vehicle, which carries believers – even timid ones – into the miracle zone.

-Reinhardt Bonnke

This one is my favorite. Talk about hitting the bullseye! Wowee Zowee!

-Reinhardt Bonnke

Mark 6:34 identifies the concern of Jesus was how he was going to TEACH such a large crowd so many things. " Then his disciples pointed out that they were getting hungry to which Jesus replied, "Feed them yourselves"

So then he took five loaves of bread, bread a metaphor for teaching that Jesus himself explained in matthew 16;11, and two fish a well know metaphor for a follower of Jesus. 5 loaves and 2 fish happens to add up to seven, the exact number of disciples that Jesus had at that point that he then blessed and sent out to feed the crowd in groups of fifty everything that they had already learned from Jesus. The twelve baskets full of uneaten pieces which represent the pieces of what Jesus taught that the crowd did not swallow, are the exact number of disciples that Jesus ended up with.

Seven disciples became twelve! The multiplication of the loaves ! A miracle!

This is what actually happened and what the miracle is actually about. It conforms to reality without adding, subtracting or changing a single word..

stop with the claims of supernatural demonstrations of divine power to poof fish sandwiches out of thin air as evidence that Jesus was a god.

That is not what the story is about and to teach others this crap is to perjure yourself in the name of God by spreading a false gospel..

Your apparent inability to refrain from lying in the name of God is evidence that you have your reward already.

Hobelim, God loves you and so do I but I must disagree with you. It wasn't a metaphor.

Here is Heidi Baker - a missionary to Mozambique who prays and God mulitiplies the food. Hear her story about a Baptist woman bringing her food to feed her family. She brought enough food for four people but Heidi Baker has adopted Muslim street children and has hundreds in her family she tells the woman. So listen to Heidi tell her story and you'll see that God is mulitiplying food on the continent of Africa right now.

Which reminds me. When America falls? Jesus is going to multiply the food here too. With God? There is always more than enough. More than enough. Watch Heidi now and I'll go get you the biblical scriptures to back up what she just told you in the video.

At the time of this video Heidi had 320 african children and her own two. Today she and Roland have over 5,000 street children - orphans whom they have adopted. These are her children! - Jeremiah p.s. Roland Bakers parents were missionaries to China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat little bible study on Jesus feeds 5000:

Many Witness a Miracle When Jesus Feeds the 5000

Jesus' 12 disciples had just returned from a missionary journey he had sent them on. After they told him all they had done and taught, he took them with him in a boat on the Sea of Galilee to a remote place, for rest and prayer.

Great crowds of people in the area heard that Jesus was near. They ran to see him, bringing their sick friends and relatives. When the boat landed, Jesus saw all the men, women and children and had compassion on them. He taught them about the Kingdom of God and healed those who were sick.

Looking at the crowd, which numbered about 5,000 men, not counting women and children, Jesus asked his disciple Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5, NIV) Jesus knew what he was going to do, but he asked Philip to test him. Philip replied that even eight months' wages would not be enough to give each person even one bite of bread.

Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, had more faith in Jesus. He brought forward a young boy who had five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish. Even so, Andrew wondered how that could help.

Jesus ordered the crowd to sit down in groups of fifty. He took the five loaves, looked up to heaven, gave thanks to God his Father, and passed them to his disciples to be distributed. He did the same with the two fish.

Everyone—men, women and children—ate as much as they wanted! Jesus miraculously multiplied the loaves and fishes so there was more than enough. Then he told his disciples to gather the leftovers so nothing was wasted. They collected enough to fill 12 baskets.

The crowd was so overwhelmed by this miracle that they understood Jesus was the prophet who had been promised. Knowing they would want to force him to become their king, Jesus fled from them.

Points of Interest from the Story of Jesus Feeding the 5000:
• This miracle when Jesus feeds 5000 is recorded in all four Gospels, with only slight differences in details. It is a separate incident from the feeding of the 4,000.

• Only the men were counted in this story. When the women and children were added, the crowd probably numbered 10,000 to 20,000.

• These Jews were as "lost" as their ancestors who wandered in the desert during the Exodus, when God provided manna to feed them. Jesus was superior to Moses because he not only provided physical food but also spiritual food, as the "bread of life."

• Jesus' disciples focused on the problem rather than on God. When we are confronted with an unsolvable situation, we need to remember "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37, NIV)

• The 12 baskets of leftovers may symbolize the 12 tribes of Israel. They also tell us that God is not only a generous provider, but that he has unlimited resources.

• This miraculous feeding of the multitude was another sign that Jesus was the Messiah. However, the people did not understand that he was a spiritual king, and wanted to force him to be a military leader who would overthrow the Romans. This is the reason Jesus fled from them.

Last edited:
Hobelim, God loves you and so do I but I must disagree with you. It wasn't a metaphor.

Then your argument is with Jesus who most certainly did identify bread as a metaphor for teaching exactly as he identified manna from heaven as a metaphor for teaching from God.

Then Jesus told them, "Watch out and beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." And they discussed among themselves, "We didn't bring any bread." Aware of this, Jesus said, "You of little faith! Why are you discussing among yourselves that you do not have bread? Don't you understand yet? Don't you remember the five loaves for the 5,000 and how many baskets you collected? Or the seven loaves for the 4,000 and how many large baskets you collected? Why is it you don't understand that when I told you, 'Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees,' it wasn't about bread?" Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the yeast in bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Mathhew 16:6-12

BTW if the feeding of the five thousand was about bread how is it that the disciples said that they had no bread immediately after?

Who ate all those baskets full of bread?

Last edited:

Then your argument is with Jesus who most certainly did identify bread as a metaphor for teaching exactly as he identified manna from heaven as a metaphor for teaching from God.

Then Jesus told them, "Watch out and beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." And they discussed among themselves, "We didn't bring any bread." Aware of this, Jesus said, "You of little faith! Why are you discussing among yourselves that you do not have bread? Don't you understand yet? Don't you remember the five loaves for the 5,000 and how many baskets you collected? Or the seven loaves for the 4,000 and how many large baskets you collected? Why is it you don't understand that when I told you, 'Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees,' it wasn't about bread?" Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the yeast in bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Mathhew 16:6-12

BTW if the feeding of the five thousand was about bread how is it that the disciples said that they had no bread immediately after?

LOL!!! THE IGNORANCE OF SOME!!!!

◄ Matthew 14:20 ►
They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.
WHAT DO YOU SAY WAS IN THOSE TWELVE BASKETS IF NOTREAL BREAD?????? think!

Alright then. Let's being with prayer.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come before you and ask that you would send thy Holy Spirit to open up the scriptures to Hobelim so that he may know Jesus is who He said he is. Let all who read these scriptures know that your only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, is the same yesterday, today and forever. That what Jesus did for these people he will do for us today. All we must do is believe. Father, teach us to have faith not in the answered prayer but in you, Lord God, who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

These are the words of Jesus, Hobelim.

It is written:

And the Jews marveled, saying How knoweth this man letters, having never learned. Jesus answered them and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory; but he that seeketh his glory who sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. - John 7:16, 17

If you are willing to do Gods will you shall know whether or not the Doctrine of Christ is the Doctrine of God, Hobelim.

Let's begin.

It is written:

After these things Jesus went over to the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased.

And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

And the passover, a feast of the Jews was nigh.

When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread that these may eat? And this he said to prove him, for he himself knew what he would do.

Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.

One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him. There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes, but what are they among so many?

And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number of five thousand.

And Jesus took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them who were set down, and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.

When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.

Therefore, they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which remained over and above unto them that had eaten. Then those men, when they had seen the miracle Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.

John 6: 1 - 14

Yes, Jesus was the one prophesied about that was to come into the world. They recognised this. Who were the men who recognized this? Jews. They knew what the Hebrew prophets foretold... long ago.

Now this miracle is not a metaphor about the disciples because Jesus would not break his disciples and feed them to the multitudes, Hobelim. This is a true account of one of the miracles of Jesus and the Jews saw these miracles with their own eyes. The Jews believed Jesus was who he said he was. So what happened?

I'll show you. Turn with me to John 12: 42

It is written:

Never the less among the chief rulers also many believed on him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, let they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praises of men more than the praises of God. Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me but on him that sent me. - John 12: 42, 43, 44

What will you do with Jesus? Will you deny Him before men or will you declare, Thou art the Christ as Peter did?

In His Love, Jeremiah

Last edited:
Here is a testimony of a crusade of 6 million who attended Reinhard Bonnkes Gospel Meeting. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Pray to the Lord of the Harvest that He will send forth more laborers!

[ame=http://youtu.be/9KAjCIukfpg]Reinhard Bonnke - Jesus is the Lord - YouTube[/ame]

This sermon is about the woman caught in adultery. It is wonderful how the Holy Spirit can give us such revelation of the Holy Scriptures, isn't it? The Holy Spirit is the author and revelator of the scriptures so He alone can reveal these things to us. Oh Thank God for the Holy Spirit!
I can honestly say with King David, Take not thy Holy Spirit from me! Did you know that King David said that? Yes! He did!

It is written: Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51: 11

Last edited:
That is such a wonderful prayer! Here is an exerpt from Psalm 51

Create in my a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence and take not thy Holy Spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation and uphold me with a free spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from the bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips, and my mouth shall show forth praise.

For thou desirest not sacrifice, else would I give it, thou delightest not in burnt offerings.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart thou willl not despise!

It is King Davids prayer of confession and forgiveness.

- Jeremiah

They had 12 baskets full left over, Hobelim. Read my response to you.

I'm sorry, Hobelim! I did not answer your other question about what Jesus meant. Lets look at the bible scripture from Matt. 16:6 This is an easy translation to read..

And the disciples came to the other side of the sea, but they had forgotten to bring any bread. And Jesus said to them, "Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." They began to discuss this among themselves, saying, "He said that because we did not bring any bread."…

They thought Jesus was talking about bread! No, he wasn't. Jesus was using the term to describe how quickly the Sadducees and Pharisees would take away their faith! They were already beginning to think backwards again! Ut - oh! We didn't bring any bread! When you've got Jesus Christ, the Bread of the Life in the boat, you don't need to worry about an hour from now and what you'll eat. Did they forget so quickly about his miracles?

Anyone who has seen what a little yeast can do to a lump of dough can understand what Jesus meant. I hope that helps shed some light on that story for you. Thanks for asking.

If Jesus were here today? He would speaking of you. On the bright side, when Thomas put his fingers into Jesus side after he was resurrected and appeared to him? Thomas declared, My Lord and My God. I believe that day is coming for you without putting your hand into the side of Jesus. I know that God has a great plan your life and the devil is kicking up the dust to keep you from seeing it. It's alright though. He's on his way out of here. I love you, Hobie. I hope it didn't sting too much to give that small piece of truth. It is no light thing to learn, you're the man. But in this case? You are. I know God loves you tremendously. Your heart is to not offend God. Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior will not offend the heart of God. It will delight Him.

- Jeremiah

Last edited:

No. there seems to be a gulf that separates you and I as great as the gulf between the living and the dead.

If you still find it easier to believe that God became a human being and performed supernatural displays of divine power that contradicts reality and an intelligent reading of the story itself than it is for you to believe that you are wrong, even after it has been explained to you why you are wrong and what is right, you do not have the foundational honesty or humility that is required to rise to life.

I'd say that I felt sorry for you if you didn't take such pride in perjuring yourself in the name of God and desecrating the teachings of Jesus............

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Praise God! hallelujah! Yippe kay yay!

Neat little bible study on Jesus feeds 5000:

Many Witness a Miracle When Jesus Feeds the 5000

Jesus' 12 disciples had just returned from a missionary journey he had sent them on. After they told him all they had done and taught, he took them with him in a boat on the Sea of Galilee to a remote place, for rest and prayer.

Great crowds of people in the area heard that Jesus was near. They ran to see him, bringing their sick friends and relatives. When the boat landed, Jesus saw all the men, women and children and had compassion on them. He taught them about the Kingdom of God and healed those who were sick.

Looking at the crowd, which numbered about 5,000 men, not counting women and children, Jesus asked his disciple Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5, NIV) Jesus knew what he was going to do, but he asked Philip to test him. Philip replied that even eight months' wages would not be enough to give each person even one bite of bread.

Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, had more faith in Jesus. He brought forward a young boy who had five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish. Even so, Andrew wondered how that could help.

Jesus ordered the crowd to sit down in groups of fifty. He took the five loaves, looked up to heaven, gave thanks to God his Father, and passed them to his disciples to be distributed. He did the same with the two fish.

Everyone—men, women and children—ate as much as they wanted! Jesus miraculously multiplied the loaves and fishes so there was more than enough. Then he told his disciples to gather the leftovers so nothing was wasted. They collected enough to fill 12 baskets.

The crowd was so overwhelmed by this miracle that they understood Jesus was the prophet who had been promised. Knowing they would want to force him to become their king, Jesus fled from them.

Points of Interest from the Story of Jesus Feeding the 5000:
• This miracle when Jesus feeds 5000 is recorded in all four Gospels, with only slight differences in details. It is a separate incident from the feeding of the 4,000.

• Only the men were counted in this story. When the women and children were added, the crowd probably numbered 10,000 to 20,000.

• These Jews were as "lost" as their ancestors who wandered in the desert during the Exodus, when God provided manna to feed them. Jesus was superior to Moses because he not only provided physical food but also spiritual food, as the "bread of life."

• Jesus' disciples focused on the problem rather than on God. When we are confronted with an unsolvable situation, we need to remember "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37, NIV)

• The 12 baskets of leftovers may symbolize the 12 tribes of Israel. They also tell us that God is not only a generous provider, but that he has unlimited resources.

• This miraculous feeding of the multitude was another sign that Jesus was the Messiah. However, the people did not understand that he was a spiritual king, and wanted to force him to be a military leader who would overthrow the Romans. This is the reason Jesus fled from them.

5,000 is the low estimate. Women and children weren't counted, and we know they were there. It was a child's lunch that was multiplied. There could easily been as many as 10,000 + there. :eusa_angel:

5,000 is the low estimate. Women and children weren't counted, and we know they were there. It was a child's lunch that was multiplied. There could easily been as many as 10,000 + there. :eusa_angel:

copra sanctum!

A child's lunch was multiplied? A child was carrying around five loaves of bread and two fish in the desert for lunch?

5,000 people were not following Jesus around for free sandwiches in the desert under brutal Roman occupation when people were killed and maimed for trivial reasons .

They hungered for his teaching. Duh. He only had a 7 disciples , 5 loaves and 2 fish, to work with to feed the crowd. they were blessed by Jesus and they went out and taught the crowd till they were satisfied in manageable groups of fifty and ended up with 12 disciples who held like baskets all of the aspects of what Jesus taught that they crowd could not swallow referred to as uneaten pieces..

Damn.

You live on planet earth, the same planet everything written about in scripture is supposed to have happened.

you seem to be lost in la la land.

Snap out of it.

As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
Matthew 14

Here is Heidi Baker - a missionary to Mozambique who prays and God mulitiplies the food. Hear her story about a Baptist woman bringing her food to feed her family. She brought enough food for four people but Heidi Baker has adopted Muslim street children and has hundreds in her family she tells the woman. So listen to Heidi tell her story and you'll see that God is mulitiplying food on the continent of Africa right now.

Which reminds me. When America falls? Jesus is going to multiply the food here too. With God? There is always more than enough. More than enough. Watch Heidi now and I'll go get you the biblical scriptures to back up what she just told you in the video.

Heidi Baker: Multiplication of Food - YouTube

At the time of this video Heidi had 320 african children and her own two. Today she and Roland have over 5,000 street children - orphans whom they have adopted. These are her children! - Jeremiah p.s. Roland Bakers parents were missionaries to China.

You didn't comment on Heidi Baker - Iris Ministries - and the multiplying of food that began years ago, Hobelim. This happened when her two children were young. Both are grown adults today. Heidi has been praying with God multiplying her food to feed the 5000 plus Muslim street children she adopted for years now. When she needs food? God multiplies it for her. Are you now going to accuse Heidi Baker of being a liar so that you can justify yourself in denying Jesus multiplied the fishes and the loaves to feed five thousand?

Heidi Baker would not lie about such a thing. She went to live with the poorest of the poor over 20 yrs ago with her husband Roland and their two children. Why did she do it? God called her to do it. Same reason Reinhardt Bonnke obeyed the call to reach Africa for Christ.

Yes. Jesus is still multiplying food to this very day. The Book of Acts was the opening Act. The Acts of the Holy Spirit continue to happen today all over the world. It's called the life of a born again Christian. Interested?

No. there seems to be a gulf that separates you and I as great as the gulf between the living and the dead.

If you still find it easier to believe that God became a human being and performed supernatural displays of divine power that contradicts reality and an intelligent reading of the story itself than it is for you to believe that you are wrong, even after it has been explained to you why you are wrong and what is right, you do not have the foundational honesty or humility that is required to rise to life.

I'd say that I felt sorry for you if you didn't take such pride in perjuring yourself in the name of God and desecrating the teachings of Jesus............

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

Yes there is a wide gulf between us at the moment. There is nothing about faith that is "logical", Hobelim. You have to get your mind past this obstacle of "logic". Was it logical for an axe head to float to the top of the water when the Prophet brought it forth? Was it logic operating when Elijah told his servant Gehazi to tell Namaan to dip in the waters 7 times to be healed of leprosy? Was it logical at all for a starving woman who had starving sons to give a prophet her last bit of oil and meal to make a cake with? IN THE MIDDLE OF A FAMINE?

It's called faith.

Let me tell what faith is. The Holy Spirit says jump through that wall and you don't wait to see an opening. You do it. You don't ask questions. That is faith and if you don't have it? You'll have to ask God for it.

Last edited:

Yes there is a wide gulf between us at the moment. There is nothing about faith that is "logical", Hobelim. You have to get your mind past this obstacle of "logic". Was it logical for an axe head to float to the top of the water when the Prophet brought it forth? Was it logic operating when Elijah told his servant Gehazi to tell Namaan to dip in the waters 7 times to be healed of leprosy? Was it logical at all for a starving woman who had starving sons to give a prophet her last bit of oil and meal to make a cake with? IN THE MIDDLE OF A FAMINE?

It's called faith.

Let me tell what faith is. The Holy Spirit says jump through that wall and you don't wait to see an opening. You do it. You don't ask questions. That is faith and if you don't have it? You'll have to ask God for it.

If that's faith I want no part of it and never will.

If you hear the holy spirit tell you to jump into a wall and you actually do it and count that as faith, have at it if it makes you feel better.

From where I am standing if a person hears anything that isn't there tell him to jump into a wall and they actually do it they are suffering from some sort of thought disorder and are mentally ill.

The stories in scripture are intended as instruction.

sorry, but you are flunking out quite spectacularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back