People getting fired

Oh stop anyone beating on their wife, or being violent for that matter needs reprimanding... So a failed comment, next!

I suppose that if we burn every man accused by a women of something, we may occasionally come across one who beats their wife. I mean, it's 1915 and wife beating is common, so the odds are that someone will be stopped.

Good enough to declare anyone accused as guilty, eh Comrade? Heil Stalin!

In 1960's the cops didn't even show up for most domestic cases..this is 2018, and it is finally coming out .

Perhaps the next time a coward raises his fist, he may think of the consequences..

Which should be decided in a court of law.

Well maybe she will feel empowered to bring it to court now that she has been away from him.. I am sure all the crazies are at her door to get in the limelight and bring it to court.

Why was he working in the Oval office when he could not get a security clearance ?

Yes that is clearly what needs to happen. And in the meantime try to remember:

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 11, states: "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.".

I grew up in a domestic violent home after my dad died Tilly, my mom died in 1976 by the hands of a violent man..so yes I may be ready to pounce..

But ... the actions these 2 wives over the years show me differently , they could be charged with a felony for lying...Why doesn't he go after them?

I suppose that if we burn every man accused by a women of something, we may occasionally come across one who beats their wife. I mean, it's 1915 and wife beating is common, so the odds are that someone will be stopped.

Good enough to declare anyone accused as guilty, eh Comrade? Heil Stalin!

In 1960's the cops didn't even show up for most domestic cases..this is 2018, and it is finally coming out .

Perhaps the next time a coward raises his fist, he may think of the consequences..

Well maybe she will feel empowered to bring it to court now that she has been away from him.. I am sure all the crazies are at her door to get in the limelight and bring it to court.

Why was he working in the Oval office when he could not get a security clearance ?

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 11, states: "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.".

I grew up in a domestic violent home after my dad died Tilly, my mom died in 1976 by the hands of a violent man..so yes I may be ready to pounce..

But ... the actions these 2 wives over the years show me differently , they could be charged with a felony for lying...Why doesn't he go after them?

I’m really sorry to hear that, Eaglewings, but I’m not into speculating about why he has or hasn’t done this, that or the other. That’s what causes the problems this thread is highlighting.

I’m really sorry to hear that, Eaglewings, but I’m not into speculating about why he has or hasn’t done this, that or the other. That’s what causes the problems this thread is highlighting.

So many years ago, so it is fine..

I, for one, am supporting the law and due process. You, on the other hand, are supporting lynch-mob violence and hatred.

Yeah that is the Kool Aid Trump is feeding you..There is a big movement against domestic violence right now.. Kelly should have let him go when he could not get clearance.

I don't need either you or Trump to tell me that 'innocent until proven guilty' is the law.

Yeah..said the Roy Moore supporters.. People showed how they felt about that, even after Trump supported the scumbag..

Tell me why Porter couldn't get a security clearance..?

----------------------------------------------- doesn't matter does it , The TRUMP had Porter working without a Security Clearance i GUESS EWing. Porter was let go or resigned due to silly outcry by dems , lefties , rinos , YOU and others is all that happened EWings .

Trump didn't even know about it Pismoe, this is why Trump is so mad at Kelly who did say he would resign..because Kelly kept Porter on knowing about the inability to get a security clearance.
-------------------------------- WHO KNOWS , --------- so says TRUMP in a public statement for public consumption . . I have no problem with Porter working with no Sec. Clearance . Kelly and others knew what he was doing in my opinion EWings .

B!tch; Congress was owned by the Republicans! If they had any real proof, those idiots would have impeached him! Grow the FK up sometime and stop being a troll accepting anything and everything conservative! :1peleas: :aug08_031: :blahblah:

I was addressing YOU not who 'owns' the Congress. YOU threatened another Forum member. Now you start calling me names and making stupid accusations....Tell me, do you believe a person should be guilty before being proven innocent? OR does that just apply to the political party you so vehemently hate (for no reason other than you are a hack).

Deflection, victimhood, and rehashing of old news; the pathetic ravings of a conservative troll who doesn't have a leg to stand on! There are so many of you; hence Trump, an admitted pervert is president! Thanks so much; your kids will appreciate it in the future when they're paying for your fk'n mistake! :19: :5_1_12024: :abgg2q.jpg:

we are still paying for your 8 year mistake. doubled the national debt, set race relations back 50 years, ruined the best medical system in the world, made the USA the laughing stock of the world.

Obama = worst president in history, bar none.

All lies.

I thought you wanted a non-political thread?

Which, btw, makes one ask, why did you post this thread in Politics if you didn't want it to be political.

and the comments I made about Obama are 100% true.

Obama didn't double the debt. Presidents don't have that power.

what was his punishment for being found guilty? Oh, lost his Arkansas law license, BFD
So he wasn't guilty then. I see.

of course he was guilty, I asked you what punishment was levied on him. fine? imprisonment? censure? nothing was done to him even though he was found guilty of perjury.
No I think you are doing what they all do and attempting to deflect.

as I feared, this is getting off topic.

so let me restate the question.

do you find it problematic that people lose their jobs for things they do away from the workplace on their own time?

Mozzila CEO Brendan Eich is a prime example, he made statements he was against gay marriage and was promptly lynched on the Internet and let go

Complete BS
Mozzila doesn't have the right to make their own hiring/firing calls?

So the rightwingers like the OP, who hate unions, the organizations that will fight for a worker's 'due process',

is now a champion of due process?

I have always favored due process. Its you on the left who are wanting to convict based on accusations.

but a lot of you are still dodging the question. Is if OK for someone to lose his or her job for something non job related on their own time?

I’ll answer your question . Depends on what they do .

Lots of jobs can be affected by your private life decisions . You need to be more specific in your examples . High level gov jobs are open to lots of criticism.

before or after being found guilty?

Why don't you give us the case that's on your mind, instead of pretending this is purely hypothetical.

it was and is hypothetical, the Porter case is on point because it just happened, but my question was of a general nature since we are seeing more and more people losing their jobs for reasons unrelated to their ability to do their job or actions at the workplace.

Was Porter fired?

look at all the governments previous officials to see what the worth of a Sec. Clearance is EWings .

I have always favored due process. Its you on the left who are wanting to convict based on accusations.

but a lot of you are still dodging the question. Is if OK for someone to lose his or her job for something non job related on their own time?

I’ll answer your question . Depends on what they do .

Lots of jobs can be affected by your private life decisions . You need to be more specific in your examples . High level gov jobs are open to lots of criticism.

before or after being found guilty?

Why don't you give us the case that's on your mind, instead of pretending this is purely hypothetical.

it was and is hypothetical, the Porter case is on point because it just happened, but my question was of a general nature since we are seeing more and more people losing their jobs for reasons unrelated to their ability to do their job or actions at the workplace.

Was Porter fired?
------------------------------ fired or resigned , my GUESS is that he just resigned Carbineer

For what they do on their own time, things that are in no way job related. Does anyone have a problem with that?

please don't make this about politics, it applies to all parties.

I don't care if somebody smokes pot when they're not at work, or drink, or womanize, or gamble, or any of a hundred other vices. BUT (and there's a big but) it's different when they have grave responsibilities for human life and safety.
We can't have people subject to financial, legal, or other problems to hold top secret security clearances, where they are subject to blackmail or other pressures, and the only thing they have of value are our nations secrets.

of course he was guilty, I asked you what punishment was levied on him. fine? imprisonment? censure? nothing was done to him even though he was found guilty of perjury.

do you find it problematic that people lose their jobs for things they do away from the workplace on their own time?

Mozzila CEO Brendan Eich is a prime example, he made statements he was against gay marriage and was promptly lynched on the Internet and let go

Complete BS

Zzzzzzzz....go away, you annoy

For what they do on their own time, things that are in no way job related. Does anyone have a problem with that?

please don't make this about politics, it applies to all parties.

I don't care if somebody smokes pot when they're not at work, or drink, or womanize, or gamble, or any of a hundred other vices. BUT (and there's a big but) it's different when they have grave responsibilities for human life and safety.
We can't have people subject to financial, legal, or other problems to hold top secret security clearances, where they are subject to blackmail or other pressures, and the only thing they have of value are our nations secrets.
------------------------------------------ Porter has only been ACCUSED as far as i know . No proof , no trial , just accusations as far as i am aware .

Complete BS
Classic libspeak.

Yeah that is the Kool Aid Trump is feeding you..There is a big movement against domestic violence right now.. Kelly should have let him go when he could not get clearance.

I don't need either you or Trump to tell me that 'innocent until proven guilty' is the law.

Yeah..said the Roy Moore supporters.. People showed how they felt about that, even after Trump supported the scumbag..

----------------------------------------------- doesn't matter does it , The TRUMP had Porter working without a Security Clearance i GUESS EWing. Porter was let go or resigned due to silly outcry by dems , lefties , rinos , YOU and others is all that happened EWings .

Trump didn't even know about it Pismoe, this is why Trump is so mad at Kelly who did say he would resign..because Kelly kept Porter on knowing about the inability to get a security clearance.
-------------------------------- WHO KNOWS , --------- so says TRUMP in a public statement for public consumption . . I have no problem with Porter working with no Sec. Clearance . Kelly and others knew what he was doing in my opinion EWings .

Come on Pismoe... Why did I have to go through the intense security clearance just to work with women and children? This is in place to keep out problems in the workplace ..
Porter could have been blackmailed and worked right next to the president..

Now to be fair, I don't know if there were others in the past who worked in the WH without a security clearance.. I haven't checked.. but it is just not right.

Come on Pismoe... Why did I have to go through the intense security clearance just to work with women and children? This is in place to keep out problems in the workplace ..
Porter could have been blackmailed and worked right next to the president..

Now to be fair, I don't know if there were others in the past who worked in the WH without a security clearance.. I haven't checked.. but it is just not right.

Why? They had already heard of you! ;)

Like O.J. Simpson?

Forum List

Back