Percentages Gun Ownership

I know some gun owners that would never admit to owning a gun. I would say there are more gun owners than reported.

I know some gun owners that would never admit to owning a gun. I would say there are more gun owners than reported.
And you can do more to control gun carry and violence and gun crimes with a few more simple federal laws regardless of how many are out there.

A little under a third own a gun
Numbers of guns grow by 10's of millions every year but the % og gun owners remains relatively constant.

Clearly the gun problems in this country are the singular fault of less that 10% of the population.

Numbers of guns grow by 10's of millions every year but the % og gun owners remains relatively constant.

Clearly the gun problems in this country are the singular fault of less that 10% of the population.

With over 400 million guns in circulation, that would be an average of four guns per owner

Meh, we still outnumber them better than 3-1.....That and there are 15.2 million hunters in America....Each one a potential sniper. ;)

Anyway, what are you going on about "qualified"?
Well we and SOROS will pay all the criminals with guns to go after your kind. And we all know they don't obey any laws. So you're at a disadvantage. Better luck next time trying to appear as a strong and virile Troll, when in reality you're controlled by a small, scared, petty little mind.

Well we and SOROS will pay all the criminals with guns to go after your kind. And we all know they don't obey any laws. So you're at a disadvantage. Better luck next time trying to appear as a strong and virile Troll, when in reality you're controlled by a small, scared, petty little mind.
granny.jpg

Meh, we still outnumber them better than 3-1.....That and there are 15.2 million hunters in America....Each one a potential sniper. ;)

Anyway, what are you going on about "qualified"?
Really ? Half the right side goobers who post here are insane. They can spend their weekends trolling through the private gun wanted adds looking for willing customers to buy their over priced guns with no background check. They help arm the criminals, underaged and mantally incompetent.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with gun ownership by QUALIFIED people.
The right wants criminals, the underaged and mentally unfit to have easy access to firearms too.

That's a lie.

And you can do more to control gun carry and violence and gun crimes with a few more simple federal laws regardless of how many are out there.

That's ludicrous.

That's gibberish.

Really ? Half the right side goobers who post here are insane. They can spend their weekends trolling through the private gun wanted adds looking for willing customers to buy their over priced guns with no background check. They help arm the criminals, underaged and mantally incompetent.

That is treading close to the line between "dipshit troll" and libel.

That's a lie.
Nope, it’s true
That's ludicrous.

Nope it’s true
That's gibberish.

Nope it’s fact
That is treading close to the line between "dipshit troll" and libel.
Maybe I understated it. Take a guess as to how many gun owners in this board have transferred ownership of a firearm privately without a background check.
I’ll leave it up to you . More or less than half ?

Last edited:
Maybe I understated it. Take a guess as to how many gun owners in this board have transferred ownership of a firearm privately without a background check.
I’ll leave it up to you . More or less than half ?

Discounting sales to dealers, probably (much) less than half. The only non-dealer I sold a firearm (old shotgun) to without a check had a carry permit.

Mantally?

:laughing0301:

Discounting sales to dealers, probably (much) less than half. The only non-dealer I sold a firearm (old shotgun) to without a check had a carry permit.
well, I’m strictly talking about gun owners. To be honest, for decades it was common practice to transfer firearms without BCs not only in private sales, but as gifts and through inheritance. For decades it was common practice and is still viewed that way today. In many incidences as far as shot guns and hunting rifles, it wasn’t a big deal. So, I’m going to say well over half of the gun owners were doing it.

A little under a third own a gun

Or something like a third of households own a gun, so, in reality it's probably somewhere around 20% of people who actually own a gun. Depends on whether a husband and wife and two kids think the parents both own the guns or one of them owns the guns. Usually it's the man....

Forum List

Back