"personhood" idiocy in N Dakota

That is an excellent point which is why existing law already deals with conflicts of interest when one human is expected to sacrifice their life to save another. Think conjoined twins.

However the rape, incest, and health of the mother is a red herring in this debate since 97% of abortions are elective and for the convenience of the mother. A fetus doesn't become a baby just because a mother wishes it so and it doesn't become a parasite the same way. It either is a baby or it isn't. Legislation proposing that it is a baby is a good way of putting that question to the voters.

When do women get to have a vote on *your* reproductive rights? Can you be jailed, as an example, for heedlessly spilling your seed and leaving it as a biohazard? Let's have a vote on it.

Regards from Rosie

Your repeated attempts to make this a gender issue just spotlight to fallacy of the rape and incest talking point.

I can be jailed if I don't use my body to support a child I didn't choose to have. Your logic is flawed.

Why didn't you keep your biohazard material to yourself? I don't believe you would be punished, however. Paying child support buys you visitation....and she gets jailed if she keeps your child from you. It's an inviolate Family Court rule.

Child visitation is priceless in worth.

Regards from Rosie

Nothing in the Constitution would stop States from passing such a law. Not really sure what purpose it would serve.

You still don't have a right to kill your children.

I haven't. All are alive and well. HIPPA regulations keep my medical history private....so you have no right to my reproductive medical info.

I don't as to yours, either.

Ethically, you need to stay uninterested and aloof concerning my lady parts. You are verging on immorality.

Regards from Rosie

When you suggest that you have the right to kill your offspring, I have a moral obligation to tell you that you're deluding yourself.

I have only threatened to kill my sons in jest. I have a legal right to terminate my pregnancy. Ethically and morally, if you are not the inseminator nor my M.D. you have no right to any info nor to tell me what to do.

The US of A is not, nor ever has been, a theocracy.

Regards from Rosie

When do women get to have a vote on *your* reproductive rights? Can you be jailed, as an example, for heedlessly spilling your seed and leaving it as a biohazard? Let's have a vote on it.

Regards from Rosie

Your repeated attempts to make this a gender issue just spotlight to fallacy of the rape and incest talking point.

I can be jailed if I don't use my body to support a child I didn't choose to have. Your logic is flawed.

Why didn't you keep your biohazard material to yourself? I don't believe you would be punished, however. Paying child support buys you visitation....and she gets jailed if she keeps your child from you. It's an inviolate Family Court rule.

Regards from Rosie

Ah, so now you say it isn't about me "spilling seed" then? Child support does not mandate visitation. Go look it up.

If child visitation is priceless as you say, then wouldn't the father have some rights as to whether the fetus lives or dies? After all, you said it was "priceless."

See? Your logic has flaws when you make this about gender. And you again demonstrate that this is not about rape and incest.

I have only threatened to kill my sons in jest. I have a legal right to terminate my pregnancy. Ethically and morally, if you are not the inseminator nor my M.D. you have no right to any info nor to tell me what to do.

Regards from Rosie

As an american citizen I have every right to encourage my legislators to outlaw barbaric practices, such as killing one's offspring. You have no right to do that no matter how much you claim otherwise.

Regards from Rosie

Ah, so now you say it isn't about me "spilling seed" then? Child support does not mandate visitation. Go look it up.

If child visitation is priceless as you say, then wouldn't the father have some rights as to whether the fetus lives or dies? After all, you said it was "priceless."

See? Your logic has flaws when you make this about gender. And you again demonstrate that this is not about rape and incest.

Silly, it is about gender. You don't pay child support for an embryo or a fetus. You don't pay a gestation dime.

You don't get visitation for an embryo or fetus.

Must mean they aren't a child.

Parents who pay child support get visitation....unless they are a felon. You have to be a pretty bad person to get no custody at all.

When a child is born, is yours, and you get to love and rear him/her....that is priceless.Worth every penny of the child support. It is sad that one parent jettisoned the other. Unless one of them is a felon. One parent is part time and that is hard.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

As an american citizen I have every right to encourage my legislators to outlaw barbaric practices, such as killing one's offspring. You have no right to do that no matter how much you claim otherwise.

Your Mormon leadership will generally back the exceptions for rape, incest, and the life and health of mother, Avatar.

Regards from Rosie

It has always been illegal to kill my sons. It is legal to terminate my pregnancy. The movement to outlaw pregnancy termination has been impotent.

That is reality.

No, I am not pregnant and I am done bearing children.

The point being that you cannot prevent any pregnancy termination.

Regards from Rosie

Sperm is a biohazard?

That's a new one.

:cuckoo:

Yes, it is. There was a case a few years back, a woman in England threw sperm in the face of another woman. Its a bio hazard because the man who spilled the sperm could be infected with HIV or some other sexual disease.

Regards from Rosie

Actually, she does have that right. The law allows her, and other women, to have an abortion if they wish, and there is nothing you can do that will prevent that.

And that's all you have the right to do. No matter how much you may wish it so, your nose has no business that far up another woman's suzy.

And that's all you have the right to do. No matter how much you may wish it so, your nose has no business that far up another woman's suzy.

Why can't you sell a kidney? You only need one to live and you're allowed to donate it.

Apples and Oranges. A true conservative would say "sure, market your body."

Try to keep up. The premise is that the government does not and ought not have control over a woman's body. The government already does.

Nothing in the Constitution would stop States from passing such a law. Not really sure what purpose it would serve.

You still don't have a right to kill your children.

I haven't. All are alive and well. HIPPA regulations keep my medical history private....so you have no right to my reproductive medical info.

I don't as to yours, either.

Ethically, you need to stay uninterested and aloof concerning my lady parts. You are verging on immorality.

Regards from Rosie

When you suggest that you have the right to kill your offspring, I have a moral obligation to tell you that you're deluding yourself.

A fetus is not a child. A woman has the right to abort it. You are wrong on both counts.

So, Abortion will not be Illegal in North Dakota. Glad we could clear that up. I don't get all the hysterical fear mongering. No one here has proven in any way that Abortion will be Illegal in North Dakota. And besides that, there are many many other States that run countless Abortion Mills. There are many to choose from. You don't have to live in North Dakota. Plenty of places to kill your baby. Time to move on.

Not true but I'll give you a chance to

PROVE IT.

You first. You still haven't proven that Abortion will be Illegal in North Dakota. But besides that, there are plenty of States that will allow you to kill your baby. So relax and stop being so hysterical. However, it looks like North Dakota does want to get out of the Baby-Murdering Business. So i guess North Dakota will be a no-go for you. Oh well, too bad. That's life.

Last edited:
Big Brother should neither ban Abortion, nor fund it. But unfortunately, the Big Brother-Worshipping masses want Government intruding in Citizens' personal lives when it's convenient for their agendas. They pick and choose. They want their cake and eat it too.

If you're a Big Brother-Worshipper, you have no right complaining about issues like this. You just don't have credibility. So you'll just have to deal with it when things don't go your way. That's the price you pay for being a Big Brother-Worshipper. And that's that. See Ya.

Why can't you sell a kidney? You only need one to live and you're allowed to donate it.

Apples and Oranges. A true conservative would say "sure, market your body."

Try to keep up. The premise is that the government does not and ought not have control over a woman's body. The government already does.

You are lost again, nothing new.

As a supposed conservative, you ought to protect the women's legitimate rights to control her life and her body, particularly if her personage has been violated by rape or incest, or if it is threatened in health or life.

A true conservative would defend those principles.

You don't. You are a wack, not a conservative.

No one claims that men have the right to tell women what to do with their bodies, the concept you seem to be having so much trouble with is that an unborn baby, just because it happens to be growing inside a woman, is not part of her body. It is a unique person all it's own and it doesn't deserve to die because it's Mother and/or it's Father was lazy about ensuring they were using adequate birth control.

You have the right to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. A mother's right to security from rape and incest and to life and health supersede that of a fetus to come to full term.

Sorry, dave, that's the law, both secularly and morally.

We weren't discussing those extreme examples, we're talking about abortion on demand. I would never want to see a law that required women to have a child when doing so would put her life or health in serious jeopardy anymore than I would expect someone who can't swim to jump in a pool to try to save a person who was drowning.

Now can you please explain where my opinion is so wrong?

Jake I will ask again, why is it that I am wrong? What makes you think that a baby growing inside a pregnant woman is actually a part of that woman? This idea lends itself readily to pithy little 5 second TV soundbites but no scientist, doctor or court has ever made such a ridiculous claim.

Forum List

Back