Petition to require drug tests for ALL individuals receiving government aid

I'm fine with anyone on the dole having to piss in a cup. Dignity is for people that aren't getting a hand out.

Does that go for everyone "on the dole" like farmers, corporations and SS recipients? How about everyone who gets a gubmint grant, gubmint backed student loan and every veteran taking advantage of vet benefits?

If people on these assistance programs are using their benefits wisely and aren't doing drugs, what is there to worry about?

Now there is that statement by RWer's that lead to the loss of more freedoms, yet they care not, unless the NSA is spying on them then they bitch.

Please tell, where in the Constitution does it say that the state (AKA taxpayer) is responsible for providing for the well being of the poor or indigent?

I suppose we can eliminate your stated violation of the Constitution by adhering to my point concerning the Constitution.

It doesn't say it in the Constitution because the Constitution was written for a free people imbued with the Christian virtue of charity and during a time when it was entirely possible for anyone with shit, grit and a little mother wit to make it in the world.

The plain simple fact is that people trapped in cities with no real chance at gainful employment present a problem to our society. Unless we do something meaningful to help these people, we are going to have both a permanent under class and a permanent criminal class. People robbed of their dignity and with no hope present a grave danger to our society.. not to mention that it is a national shame that we have fallen to such depths.

If you want to get technical, forcing someone to give his or her bodily fluids for government inspection is a clear violation of the 4th Amendment.

It's a clear violation of the common law notion of privacy.

It is an affront to human dignity.

I don't want my tax dollars paying for it.

It is up to thinking conservatives to build a government that allows and encourages people to take care of themselves. Somehow, I don't think forcing them to piss into a cup helps that goal along.
It's obvious you're a know-nothing on medical panaceas for addiction therapy, and one thing that does work is constant supervision to change the behavior. Drug testing is one way to supervise the errant whose addiction threatens others on the streets of America and at home where addictions take, take, and take and never give back anything but trouble to its victim and its victim's family and friends. :evil:

Do you mean illegal drugs only, since drugs include, alcohol, tobacco, aspirins, cold medications, NyQuil, etc, etc, etc.............
There is just as much if not more damage you can do with sex, relationships, police killings, bars and those that are suckered into Publisher Clearing House contests.

Last edited:
Petition to require drug tests for ALL individuals receiving government aid

The whole purpose of government assistance is to oppress a certain group of people from excelling in life and then turn them onto drugs to keep them down, drug testing will just defeat it's purpose.
Eg.
Lets say you got some niggs chilling ......... and getting high on the governments money, then you start requirements that you must be drug free to receive the benefits, the niggs will soon WAKEUP and realize that government assistance is NOT ENOUGH and that they are capable of so much more, the following will happen:
1. Niggs will start seeking ways to excel in life to earn their own money ........ this would be bad.
2. Niggs will find legitimate ways to earn their own money ........ this would be really bad.
3. Niggs will start to expand their education beyond what was provide to them as a child .............. this would be really, REALLY bad.
4. Niggs will discover that you need a vehicle that is registered & insured to broaden their money earning potential ........... this would be really, REALLY, REALLY bad.
5. Niggs will stop speaking Ebonics and start speaking normal English, thus considering themselves as members of the human species .......... this would be really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad.
6. Black people will now be in competition with whites on an equal level .......... I am getting sick of typing "REALLY"

That ain't going to happen.

Wow, this thread has been hijacked by oddballs. Glad my desire for change has turned into a bizarre playground for bleeding hearts, liberals and... whatever else a few of you folks are.

Wanna know how Indiana (and other states) can save money? I can certainly think of a few programs that are in need of a total overhaul (see also: select commonly abused government freebies). But what do I know? I've only lived in Indiana my entire life - hell, it's a surprise that I can stand upright and have all of my fingers and toes. :lol:

Anyhow, to the few of you that agree, please do sign my petition:
change.org/petitions/indiana-general-assembly-provide-random-drug-tests-to-all-individuals-receiving-food-stamps-tanf-welfare-medicaid-provide-harsher-punishment-for-failed-tests-require-those-receiving-aid-to-perform-community-service-work#share

Forum List

Back