photos of America 2022... add others

Drugged out zombies in Philly.

I thought at first those were actors doing some weird leftists "art" or something..

wow.. glad I found Jesus.

"There but for the grace of God go I"

1670453952734.png

I called the cops on a "homeless" woman last Friday....Getting the trash off the streets and to someplace where they can get help is a good thing.

Your bleeding heart not withstanding most homeless want to be homeless so they can do things on the streets that they can't do in a shelter.

It hurts me to agree with you. I worked in a women's homeless shelter in Seattle and it amazed me that so many of the ladies could not handle even the loosest requirements of structure that it took to house the homeless. So many women chose to sleep on the street rather than have to be responsible for staying clean and behaving themselves.

Frustrating.

It hurts me to agree with you. I worked in a women's homeless shelter in Seattle and it amazed me that so many of the ladies could not handle even the loosest requirements of structure that it took to house the homeless. So many women chose to sleep on the street rather than have to be responsible for staying clean and behaving themselves.

Frustrating.

they werent raised properly, is what it looks like.

and it is very hard to overome one's past experiences. I don't know. I was once planning to be a pyschologist, would love to try to help these kinds of people. Maybe my testimony in finding Jesus could help them? That is what I have to share, no psyche degree (someone talked me out of that career choice, not sure I should have listened but in any case...). I am somewhat conflicted because I believe in freedom and all that, but on the other hand, we can't have out of control people interfering with small businesses (or big ones), which I am not sure is the case often with these people who live on the streets, but I've seen pics of tent cities on sidewalks and.. something needs to be done.. I just don't know what. I can't say I am an expert of such issues

I thought at first those were actors doing some weird leftists "art" or something..

wow.. glad I found Jesus.

"There but for the grace of God go I"

And it's not even just the big cities. My husband and I moved from Seattle to a small town in Western Washington when the drug sellers started parking their derelict RV's in our good neighborhood so they could sell dope to our neighborhood children, and within two years, the town of 20,000 that we moved to became just as bad.

And it's not even just the big cities. My husband and I moved from Seattle to a small town in Western Washington when the drug sellers started parking their derelict RV's in our good neighborhood so they could sell dope to our neighborhood children, and within two years, the town of 20,000 that we moved to became just as bad.

yeh, WA doesn't seem to want to do much to really help homeless people. Again, most of them are not into drugs.

But on the other hand, there is one good program in Vancouver that provides a place for homeless to park their vehicles, out of the way of others. It is a kind of "apt complex" where everyone has his own little spot.. Why can't other cities do that? There is plenty of gov-owned property for htis kind of thing.

Last edited:

Frustrating.

My Mom used to volunteer at the Star of Hope mission here in Houston.
She was also a drug and alcohol counselor as well as a paramedic.
She said the only time the place filled up was when the weather got to cold for them to stay on the streets.
And even then they had to turn away many who were drunk,they'd give them a warm blanket and tell them to sleep outside.

they werent raised properly, is what it looks like.

and it is very hard to overome one's past experiences. I don't know. I was once planning to be a pyschologist, would love to try to help these kinds of people. Maybe my testimony in finding Jesus could help them? That is what I have to share, no psyche degree (someone talked me out of that career choice, not sure I should have listened but in any case...). I am somewhat conflicted because I believe in freedom and all that, but on the other hand, we can't have out of control people interfering with small businesses (or big ones), which I am not sure is the case often with these people who live on the streets, but I've seen pics of tent cities on sidewalks and.. something needs to be done.. I just don't know what. I can't say I am an expert of such issues

I think you and I are fortunate. Someone talked me out of wanting to be a doctor when I was in my second year of pre-med.

I agree also that there must be something done to protect good people from the people who cannot control themselves, even if it's against their will.

Have you ever seen the documentary called "Seattle Is Dying"? The producers, who are people we lived with and knew in our neighborhood for a long time, took an incredibly honest look at the problem in Seattle, and even talked some about what I thought would be the perfect place to start working on a solution.

And guess how close that potential solution ever came to becoming reality.

You got it.

Zip.

There will never be progress in any large democrat governed city. They exist simply to destroy.

So I found the solution. LEAVE! I live in a safe, clean, quiet, small farming town in the Midwest. The sheriff's deputy lives just up the street from me and I see a deputy on his/her rounds every hour throughout the day. I am safe and there's nothing I can do about anyone else but me.

She said the only time the place filled up was when the weather got to cold for them to stay on the streets.
And even then they had to turn away many who were drunk,they'd give them a warm blanket and tell them to sleep outside.
well, I talked to someone who worked w/ the homeless 20 years and she said most these days are homeless due to the (my word) stupid covid policies that wrecked our economy. People lost their jobs, which means they lost their apartments. Lib politicians just say... Eh... let them eat the garbage in my trash can outside

Sad.

The documentary I mentioned in post #31 talks about a very promising possible solution that the democrats simply won't even talk about.

I'm so happy to be done with them and I feel sad for any good people stuck in the filthy leftist cities.

I think you and I are fortunate. Someone talked me out of wanting to be a doctor when I was in my second year of pre-med.

I agree also that there must be something done to protect good people from the people who cannot control themselves, even if it's against their will.

Have you ever seen the documentary called "Seattle Is Dying"? The producers, who are people we lived with and knew in our neighborhood for a long time, took an incredibly honest look at the problem in Seattle, and even talked some about what I thought would be the perfect place to start working on a solution.

And guess how close that potential solution ever came to becoming reality.

You got it.

Zip.

There will never be progress in any large democrat governed city. They exist simply to destroy.

So I found the solution. LEAVE! I live in a safe, clean, quiet, small farming town in the Midwest. The sheriff's deputy lives just up the street from me and I see a deputy on his/her rounds every hour throughout the day. I am safe and there's nothing I can do about anyone else but me.

I got out of the NW also, even though it was certainly nt all bad and I never had great issues w/ homeless people. I help them when I am capable of doing so.. or i think i helpt them by giving them a few $$.. if only to show that not everyone is against them or lacking in empathy.
I got out of there because of the liberal-ness. I couldn't take it anymore. There is something just.. I don't know.. subtly creepy going on there.. it seems to be in the air, though I can't put my finger on it exactly (other than that)

well, I talked to someone who worked w/ the homeless 20 years and she said most these days are homeless due to the (my word) stupid covid policies that wrecked our economy. People lost their jobs, which means they lost their apartments. Lib politicians just say... Eh... let them eat the garbage in my trash can outside

In Seattle, the problem was very evident long before covid. My husband and I left there because of it in 2015.

I got out of the NW also, even though it was certainly nt all bad and I never had great issues w/ homeless people. I help them when I am capable of doing so.. or i think i helpt them by giving them a few $$.. if only to show that not everyone is against them or lacking in empathy.
I got out of there because of the liberal-ness. I couldn't take it anymore. There is something just.. I don't know.. subtly creepy going on there.. it seems to be in the air, though I can't put my finger on it exactly (other than that)

The leftist cities are dying. Or being murdered.

Sad.

The documentary I mentioned in post #31 talks about a very promising possible solution that the democrats simply won't even talk about.

I'm so happy to be done with them and I feel sad for any good people stuck in the filthy leftist cities.

I don't believe in forcing people to do much of anything unless they commit actual crimes. If someone urinates on someone's front lawn, that is not acceptable but frankly, I don't hear much about that kind of thing. And again, there is absolutely NO excuse to do things like that in public when there are plenty of restrooms available. True, some store owners do not want the homeless using their restrooms, but anyone can go into a store, buy a couple bananas (anyone can afford that) and be a customer so as to use therestroom so there is NO excuse whatsoever. A few bad homeless give all of them a bad name

yeh, WA doesn't seem to want to do much to really help homeless people. Again, most of them are not into drugs.

But on the other hand, there is one good program in Vancouver that provides a place for homeless to park their vehicles, out of the way of others. It is a kind of "apt complex" where everyone has his own little spot.. Why can't other cities do that? There is plenty of gov-owned property for htis kind of thing.

I'm sorry to disagree, but if you'll watch that documentary, you will see that they did their due diligence and came to the conclusion that, at least in the urban core of Seattle, the homeless problem is 100% related to drug addiction.

I trust the people who made that documentary. We knew them. They lived in our neighborhood.

I'm sorry to disagree, but if you'll watch that documentary, you will see that they did their due diligence and came to the conclusion that, at least in the urban core of Seattle, the homeless problem is 100% related to drug addiction.

I trust the people who made that documentary. We knew them. They lived in our neighborhood.

I have known some rather impressive (at least in some ways) homeless people, 2 who were highly educated. One lived in a van, went to work every day, minded his own business and tried to steer young people in the right direction when the opportunity would come up, dissuading them from making babies, for one thing, babies they were not capable of caring for, to speak of..

And I am sorry to disagree with you but no way in hell are 100% of ANY homeless group in any area of the country drug addicts. maybe 60% (doubtful)? NOT 100%

Forum List

Back