🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Please critique my proposed policy to ensure an honest vote

1. create a Federal technological and administrative infrastructure to facilitate all elections that take place ( municipal, township, country, stated, federal, etc.)

2. create a Federal -level collection of laws to regulate all elections that take place, including appropriate enforcement and investigative and certification roles

3. require that all jurisdictions at all levels utilize the Federal infrastructure and standards and guidelines and laws to conduct their elections

The States have had 240- ish years to get it right and they're still screwing it up... time to take it out of these incompetent hands and shift it to a higher level.

Make it a mixture of in-person and high-tech (voting online) and mail-in balloting with relatively foolproof multi-factor authentication, secure systems, etc.

As part of the Federal administrative infrastructure, create a cabinet -level Department of Elections and provide stringent Congressional oversight.

Make it a heavy-sentence -caliber Federal felony to cheat or attempt to subvert the system.
Okay. In 2024 the White House and Congress may be pretty darn Republican. You're comfortable with those Republicans setting up the federal infrastructure for elections?

The point is not so much whether there was enough fraud to swing an election. The links I've provided in this thread are evidence enough that in many elections, there have been questions in people's minds.

The point is that many millions, more than half the electorate, have serious questions about the ethics and accuracy of our elections. It should not be that way. No honorable American should want it to be that way. So even if you or anybody else think elections are just fine the way they have been conducted, there should still be the will and incentive to clean things up to remove the high degree of suspicion that exists.
It is impossible to create an electoral system in which there aren't questions in the minds of the people as to accuracy and ethics of an election. Back in the 60's and 70's, I worked for republican's candidates for about 10 years. There was never a close loss that candidates and supporters did not question the election results, often claiming fraud, illegal activities and complaints about how the election was run. The difference today is the race is for the presidency not a city counsel seat and the candidate is not a councilmen with few hundred supporters. The president who has tens of millions of supporters are making our electoral system the scapegoat for his loss, creating the big lie. I agree that millions of people believe the election was stolen and have serious questions but almost all of them are supporters of the president.

Okay. In 2024 the White House and Congress may be pretty darn Republican. You're comfortable with those Republicans setting up the federal infrastructure for elections?

Seeing as how they would need 60 votes in the Senate and be subject to a Presidential veto.

I don't think they would be able to suppress voter in to obvious a manner.

(Of course that 60 vote requirement applies to the DEMs also.)

Projections are that there are roads where the DEMs retain control of the Senate (just barely), but even if the GOP takes the majority it will be very slim.

WW

Seeing as how they would need 60 votes in the Senate and be subject to a Presidential veto.

I don't think they would be able to suppress voter in to obvious a manner.

(Of course that 60 vote requirement applies to the DEMs also.)

WW
The point is, you do not want a partisan government setting up and running the system as it will never be trusted by all.

A substantial number of Americans will never trust machines when they have no way to know if that machine actually counted their vote or counted it in the way they voted.

But there can be federal rules and processes ordered for federal elections that would ensure that the system gives no advantage to either side and the electorate can believe beyond reasonable doubt that the vote is legal, honest, accurate. That's what my proposed policy is shooting for.

You don’t. That’s why you focus in the half-dozen or so most likely to turn the election, focus your harvesting efforts there by fanning out in the Democrat areas, and halting the count across all five or six states until you can being in the Plan B ballots.
Halting the count does nothing but delay the results. What are the plan b ballots

It is impossible to create an electoral system in which there aren't questions in the minds of the people as to accuracy and ethics of an election. Back in the 60's and 70's, I worked for republican's candidates for about 10 years. There was never a close loss that candidates and supporters did not question the election results, often claiming fraud, illegal activities and complaints about how the election was run. The difference today is the race is for the presidency not a city counsel seat and the candidate is not a councilmen with few hundred supporters. The president who has tens of millions of supporters are making our electoral system the scapegoat for his loss, creating the big lie. I agree that millions of people believe the election was stolen and have serious questions but almost all of them are supporters of the president.
Is it possible to create a 100% foolproof system that cannot be cheated? Probably not.

Is it possible to create a system in which most people are reasonably confident the votes are counted and reported honestly and accurately? Absolutely.

Is it possible to create a 100% foolproof system that cannot be cheated? Probably not.

Is it possible to create a system in which the people are reasonably confident the votes are counted and reported honestly and accurately? Absolutely.
Outsourcing counting to foreign corporations is a confidence killer for me

Halting the count does nothing but delay the results. What are the plan b ballots
Halting the count, dismissing the poll watchers, covering the windows, resuming the count, not allowing the poll watcher to return, while there are reports of truckloads of ballots being delivered makes a lot of people suspicious.

Outsourcing counting to foreign corporations is a confidence killer for me
Absolutely. As is moving truckloads of ballots from one location to another for counting.

The Plan B ballots are the mail ballots harvested by Zuckerberg’s 250,000 activists to collect from ignorant, uninformed voters.

The excuses surrounding the halts, combined with the fact that there were five states involved, all called the halts simultaneously when Trump was way ahead, and all while most people were sleeping, only to restart the count with statistically impossible results casts doubt on the election.

And isn’t this what the thread is all about? To have the electorate comfortable with the integrity of the election? The fact that we have 60 million people suspicious of it is a big issue, and can’t be attributed to the very insulting explanation that Trump told them to think that way. Even one-third of all Independents think there was some monkey business.

Halting the count, dismissing the poll watchers, covering the windows, resuming the count, not allowing the poll watcher to return, while there are reports of truckloads of ballots being delivered makes a lot of people suspicious.
To be more specific….it makes 60 million people suspicious. That Democrats can just shrug their shoulders and say, “too bad if nearly half of Americans don’t trust our elections” is quite disconcerting.

To be more specific….it makes 60 million people suspicious. That Democrats can just shrug their shoulders and say, “too bad if nearly half of Americans don’t trust our elections” is quite disconcerting.
And further, in every place where that happened one candidate was way way ahead. After it happened that candidate received very few additional votes and they all went to the other candidate.

Can you imagine the reaction had that situation been reversed and it happened to the other party? I think blood would still be running in the streets.

We definitely need rules to ensure BOTH sides of the political spectrum that the vote is conducted legitimately, only citizens votes and only vote once, their votes are counted correctly, completely, and reported honestly in a timely manner to avoid any suspicion of hanky panky after the polls close.

Last edited:
And further, in every place where that happened one candidate was way way ahead. After it happened that candidate received very few additional votes and they all went to the other candidate.

Can you imagine the reaction had that situation been reversed and it happened to the other party? I think blood would still be running in the streets.

We definitely need rules to ensure BOTH sides of the political spectrum that their votes are counted correctly, completely, and reported honestly in a timely manner to avoid any suspicion of hanky panky after the polls close.
There were ENTIRE batches of ballots that came in with 99% of them all marked for Biden. That was a statistical impossibility. And the simultaneous nature of it - with all five states halting the count at the same time, with flimsy excuses - tells me this was all planned as a Plan B, should Trump be way ahead.

And yet, Biden et all has demonized the 60 million voters who dare question the impossible events of that night as “threats to democracy.”

The sad thing is….have any safeguards been put in to prevent a recurrence? For all we know, we have Zuckerberg’s activists out right now, going door to door in the poor, ignorant neighborhoods of Philly and Atlanta, harvesting ballots.

Is it possible to create a system in which most people are reasonably confident the votes are counted and reported honestly and accurately? Absolutely.
59% of Americans do have confidence in our elections. Granted, Trump has eroded confidence significantly among republicans but that will be restored by the next presidential election. The last thing the party wants is to see is republican voters lacking confidence in process. In one poll, it said 1 out of 6 republicans were not voting until the system is fixed.

However, the country needs to spend money in the coming years to replace most of vote collecting machines and replace them with a paper ballot scanners at the polling places. That will create a backup of every ballot so no matter what happens to the paper ballots, the ballot counts can be readily restored from the polling place scanner.

Last edited:
There were ENTIRE batches of ballots that came in with 99% of them all marked for Biden. That was a statistical impossibility. And the simultaneous nature of it - with all five states halting the count at the same time, with flimsy excuses - tells me this was all planned as a Plan B, should Trump be way ahead.

And yet, Biden et all has demonized the 60 million voters who dare question the impossible events of that night as “threats to democracy.”

The sad thing is….have any safeguards been put in to prevent a recurrence? For all we know, we have Zuckerberg’s activists out right now, going door to door in the poor, ignorant neighborhoods of Philly and Atlanta, harvesting ballots.
The most alarming thing to me in our New Mexico 2020 election was that we received multiple forms to request mail in ballots. We didn't return any as we voted in person but we received three mail in ballots anyway. There are two people in our household.

Our neighbor received theirs plus ballots addressed to the former residents of their house. We didn't use any of those but I wonder how many did and how many of those were ultimately counted? And yes, we have a Democrat governor, secretary of state, and legislature who set up the voting machines and chose who would count the vote. And yes we are considered a swing state but with a much lower population than most of the swing states so we aren't as big a deal.

Was there cheating? Internal polling by Republicans suggested yes there was. Is there evidence of cheating? No.

Was my vote even counted or counted for the people I voted for? Zero way to know.

If such a fantasy actually occurred, a lot of people would end up in jail and the correct count would be restored or the vote would not be certified.

The most alarming thing to me in our New Mexico 2020 election was that we received multiple forms to request mail in ballots. We didn't return any as we voted in person but we received three mail in ballots anyway. There are two people in our household.

Our neighbor received theirs plus ballots addressed to the former residents of their house. We didn't use any of those but I wonder how many did and how many of those were ultimately counted? And yes, we have a Democrat governor, secretary of state, and legislature who set up the voting machines and chose who would count the vote. And yes we are considered a swing state but with a much lower population than most of the swing states so we aren't as big a deal.

Was there cheating? Internal polling by Republicans suggested yes there was. Is there evidence of cheating? No.

Was my vote even counted or counted for the people I voted for? Zero way to know.
Too bad you don't have an all mail voting system. The checks built into a mail voting system would catch most invalid votes.

Virtually every European country and Canada distrusts voting machines and votes via paper ballots and those ballots are hand counted. I cannot believe the USA is not able to figure out how to do that.
Canada votes for a single position, ONE, 1 on the ballot. Our precincts are also very small, usually a few hundred voters. It's easy to had count those.

If such a fantasy actually occurred, a lot of people would end up in jail and the correct count would be restored or the vote would not be certified.
We have it on video. We know it happened.

Forum List

Back