🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Please critique my proposed policy to ensure an honest vote

If a simple ID can suppress someone they don't deserve to vote. Truly a stupid excuse. Stop being fucking lazy.

As to the op, as long as the party of liars & cheats remain in power this will never happen nationally
We have to make it happen.

Overrule the Democrats.

Fuck em if they don't like it

Who decides what is "physically able"? What if you are sick with Covid and don't want to infect others? Are we going to get into doctor's notes? Do they have to be notarized and all that stuff?

If allowed? Wow. Okay. Is the 10 days including weekends?

Well, for one thing, the polling place doesn't get absentee ballots, the county clerk usually does. For another thing, if the mail service doesn't deliver the ballot on time, why should that disenfranchise anyone? So this stipulation of yours would mean that Election Day for absentee balloting is about 10 days earlier than the actual Election Day.

Sidebar: Numerous sites have done nothing but mail in voting for years. Multiple election cycles. Nobody has ever questioned the legitimacy of their elections. Why are you questioning it now?

See above...the postal service moves at it's pace.

Of all of the recommendations...this is the most ridiculous.

In November, the ballot will have dozens of candidates. At least 2 for most offices.
US House
US Senate
Governor
State Rep
State Senate
Railroad Commisioners
Secretaries of State
State Supreme Court
County Commissioners
County Judges
Judges
County Attornies
Sheriffs
State attorney generals....etc...

So if every one of these folks wants a representative to be at the polling place observing the vote counting--by hand--you're going to need a bigger boat. I recommend SoFi Stadium or something like that. You're going to have 40-50 observers standing there. Who decides who gets closest to the counter?

And now you have all the votes being counted by hand. Harris County has like 4M people. You want one person to count that? Or do you want dozens of counters? So for every hand-count, you'll need an observer...right? 40 or 50 observers multiplied by how many counters.

Again....folks have been voting by mail in multiple states for a long time...every election. We've had voting by mail by the military of over a century.

No sizable voter fraud has ever occurred nor did it occur in 2020.
Not only are your ideas idiotic, they are not necessary.
Bleat bleat bleat

It's impossible!

It's unnecessary!

It's inconvenient!

Know what?

=> FUCK YOU <=

If you don't want to vote, then don't vote

Asshole.

The audits showed there was no sizable voter fraud.
Even Spanky said there was no sizable voter fraud. You obviously don't want to believe it. So oh well.
What there was or wasn't is of absolutely no importance in this discussion. Assclown.

Switzerland

Everybody doesn't have a computer. Everybody doesn't use Microsoft. I'm sure a lot of security experts are consulted in how best to commit fraud in various things as well as in how to avoid committing fraud. One of my specialities was to recognize lax policies in businesses that encouraged employee theft and suggestions to shore up those weaknesses.

And as far as Switzerland goes, it has a land area approximating Minnesota, a population approximating New York City. It has a parliament system that ensures a certain number of seats for each registered political party and parliament chooses seven councilors who carry out the will of Parliament and in turn rotate the 'presidency' among themselves as the titular head of state. Therefore their President has far less authority/power than ours. And Switzerland also has one of the most homogenous populations in the world. There is no way to compare their system with ours or use them as a suggested guide for us.

Size does not matter, except in this one key way:

The key concept is SCALABILITY.

Yes, the Swiss solution is scalable. It absolutely is.

Besides, we vote by State. We have plenty of states smaller than Switzerland

And I don't care how secure Microsoft may make their computers. I know enough about what programmers to do to know that programmers can make a system do pretty much whatever they want it to do.

It would be "very difficult indeed" to get one hardware identified machine to masquerade as another.

Size does not matter, except in this one key way:

The key concept is SCALABILITY.

Yes, the Swiss solution is scalable. It absolutely is.

Besides, we vote by State. We have plenty of states smaller than Switzerland

It would be "very difficult indeed" to get one hardware identified machine to masquerade as another.
I would not bet the farm on that.

Really, there'll be cheating as long as people think it's worth it. With Proportional Representation it's much, MUCH harder to gain any advantage by cheating. That's the best bet.
I say when they realize their lives may be in danger for cheating, they'll probably stop.

Switzerland

Everybody doesn't have a computer. Everybody doesn't use Microsoft. I'm sure a lot of security experts are consulted in how best to commit fraud in various things as well as in how to avoid committing fraud. One of my specialities was to recognize lax policies in businesses that encouraged employee theft and suggestions to shore up those weaknesses.

Okay, so, if you're a pro you will immediately recognize the importance of due diligence.

1. Carefully stated requirements
2. Use cases to illustrate why the requirements are in place
3. A functional review to ascertain that the design meets the requirements
4. A design review to ensure the design is robust
5. EXHAUSTIVE testing, PRIOR to implementation

This is not something you write your CongressCritter about with a good idea

Let's not spin our wheels this time. Let's build something that actually works

That is the most naive statement I have seen recently.

How would you play "hard ball", and don't come across as a dumbass, please?
Okay. We'll, first off, I'm not a Republican, and I don't subscribe to any of the Republican senses of propriety - whether based on morality, religion, or anything else.

Secondly, I'm a high power doggie. I walk into a place, get the job done, and walk out. Anyone who gets in my way, either leaves, or dies. I don't do nice guy.

Thirdly, Democrats use lawfare, and so far, Judicial Watch has been the ONLY player in the right to use lawfare effectively. I think it's about damn time the righties found themselves some competent lawyers.

I propose a multi faceted "hamstring" approach. Tie the Democrats up in red tape and make them PAY for it. Drain their finances with every ridiculous little lawsuit you can think of. Make it very EXPENSIVE for them to play this game

See, there are no absolutes in security. Nothing is "impossible". The equation is one of difficulty and level of effort. No one's going to buy a thousand dollar computer to hack 10 dollars worth of credit cards. You want to make it difficult and expensive, and therefore less likely, for someone to hack your system.

My daughter is an EMT and she works 24 hour shifts on her full time job and 12 hour shifts at her part-time job. What you propose can not easily be done.

She needs early voting.
Are you saying her bosses won't let her go vote? What's up with that? :cuckoo:

To think I once thought you were OK. You're a total shithead.

Forum List

Back