🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Please critique my proposed policy to ensure an honest vote

If you are talking about ballots in Pennsylvania that were mailed in by voters without their secrecy envelopes, you can be comforted. After the primaries, where they were counted, Pennsylvania's Supreme Court ruled in response to lawsuits from Trump and the RNC that mailed in ballots that lacked their secrecy envelopes would not be counted in the general election and they were not. That disenfranchised roughly 100,000 Pennsylvania mail-in voters and as we all know, that decision hurt Democrats more than Republicans which was the actual reason Trump and the RNC brought those suits. No one ever presented any evidence of widespread voter fraud in Pennsylvania, real or attempted, before or after the election. The purpose of secrecy envelopes are to provide a physical separation between a voter's identifying information and the actual votes cast when votes were counted in public polling locations. You may recall that voting is supposed to be secret. No one is supposed to know how any specific person voted. Ballots using secrecy envelopes have to be separated from identifying information but that is done AFTER the voter's identities are validated. In modern systems, ballots are counted electronically or optically in centralized secure locations and the ballots remain anonymous due simply to the isolation and speed with which they are processed.

The loss of confidence of some citizens in the integrity of our voting system is almost ENTIRELY due to the lies and falsehoods put out by Donald Trump and his proxies before and after the election. There was no widespread voter fraud anywhere in the nation and Trump undertook his Big Lie campaign to enable his attempted overthrow of the vote in case it should turn out as he was repeatedly informed it would, with the election of Joe Biden.
You are dead wrong. There is a news story today where Pennsylvania has decided not to abide by the SCOTUS ruling regarding the counting of mail-in ballots. If they continue, I predict the election will be thrown out by the courts.

And no one would notice this person hacking this program? This sounds like more of a physical security program than an electronic one.
You apparently don't know Jack Schitt about computers and their software. A thumb drive would be all that was required and could be done by the workers responsible for preparing the machine before they were shipped to the precincts.

The Founders were pretty well unified that the Constitution would work only for a morally centered and religious people. One of the reasons the left on average works so hard to remove religion from the public scene is that it increases their power to subjugate people to their will not only re exercising religious faith but in all other ways. And the more God is unwelcome in our schools, sporting events, public streets, public gatherings etc., the more evil of the kind you mention increases. It has always been here. There have been murders and assassinations through our national history. But it is coming to a head in an era in which criminals have more rights than do the peaceful citizens.

Controlling speech, religion, scientific institutions, government, media becomes far more difficult when they can't control the vote.
right there in the 1st amendment it says Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Yes. If the person shows up physically, we have a wide choice of a NUMBER of very reliable authentication methods. In person voting is definitely preferred.

But let's talk about "other ways". We know people will demand them. Mail-in, and computer. And combinations thereof.

I don't know if you're aware, but Microsoft (Windows) is requiring every machine to have a TPM as of next year. TPM is 'trusted platform module', it's basically a chip with a number in it, which you activate when you first install your Windows (and I'm sure Apple is doing the same thing for Mac's). With the TPM your machine can be uniquely identified, to the exclusion of all others.

So then, the reason mail is unreliable is because the signature is the only method of authentication. If we ADD to that a computer code, the method becomes much more reliable. (That:s what they do in Switzerland, mail plus computer). The computer code becomes our "second factor" for authentication. Which would at least put us up into the high 90's for confidence.

We should also consider registration (enrollment), which is problematic in many states because they take direct feeds from the drivers' license systems. Just because a person gets a driver's license doesn't mean they're eligible to vote. But for instance in California, voter registration is automatic at the time you get your drivers' license. So that business has to stop, that's a serious vulnerability and that interface has to be carefully scrutinized and controlled.
What if you don't have a computer, or one with the "chip" you mentioned? Do they just not get to vote?

Not if they are certified by city or county personnel. And my policy suggests that signatures on requests for absentee ballots or on absentee ballots or the official envelopes be notarized as the notary would check the person's photo ID. A certified photo ID is not fool proof but goes a long way to ensure that the person voting is who they say they are and are properly registered and therefore authorized to vote. And if the envelope is signed and not the actual ballot, the envelope should be stapled to the ballot and stay with the ballot.
That violates a secret ballot. No go!

That's still 'someone said so'. What evidence did they have that the names on the roll were their deceased husbands?
Were the names matched on the roll with an address or some other identifying information? Why were they still on the roll?
Oh, shut up!

I don't think making election day a holiday is necessary, but voting in person is strongly preferable to a mail in ballot system. Maybe a strong suggestion to allow folks working 12 hour shifts a reasonable time off to vote during the work day but polls opening at 7 and closing at 7 and also a week of early voting pretty much gives everybody who is motivated to vote time to do so.
That's why you have early voting!

You apparently don't know Jack Schitt about computers and their software. A thumb drive would be all that was required and could be done by the workers responsible for preparing the machine before they were shipped to the precincts.
Yeah because you couldnt possibly disable the ports on the computer. You couldn’t possibly set up the operating system to not allow the loading of programs without a password, or at all once the system is set to the voting “mode” for lack of a better word. The voting machines themselves could be set up as a virtual machines so there would never be any reason for anyone to ever have unattended access to the actual machines running the clients. The only thing anyone would have access to is a touch screen.

But I don’t know anything about computers so….

Yeah because you couldnt possibly disable the ports on the computer. You couldn’t possibly set up the operating system to not allow the loading of programs without a password, or at all once the system is set to the voting “mode” for lack of a better word. The voting machines themselves could be set up as a virtual machines so there would never be any reason for anyone to ever have unattended access to the actual machines running the clients. The only thing anyone would have access to is a touch screen.

But I don’t know anything about computers so….
There are easy ways around everything you just posted. Somebody has to load the ballot information, dumbass!

While I agree, many people still have to work holiday or not. There's no coherent argument against early voting. There's no coherent argument against verified mail in voting (ballots by request to address on registration file).

Inversely, there's no argument against valid IDs, if those states provide free IDs and easy access to obtain them.
Inversely, there's no argument against signature verification on mail in or in person ballot against the registration on file.
Inversely, there's no real argument against and easy to do mail in re-registration requirement every several years with notice.

Those are ideas that Democrats vehemently oppose, so that is not going to happen in some states.

Have the election on a weekend. Everyone has to have at least one day off each week. Change the law so that employers cannot ask you to work all day on election day.

There's no argument for having mail-in ballots.
My daughter is an EMT and she works 24 hour shifts on her full time job and 12 hour shifts at her part-time job. What you propose can not easily be done.

She needs early voting.

Last edited:
Decades ago there was cheating and hanky panky in elections, but never did we have an electorate as suspicious and convinced of malfeasance or as fearful that elections can be stolen as we have now. Without faith that elections are fair and honest, it is unlikely that our constitutional republic will survive.

So I propose what I believe is a system/policy that, if implemented, will ensure roughly 99.9% honest and fair elections. Do you agree? If not please state your reason why it would be bad policy.

PHOTO ID:
Any person who is unable to secure a certified Driver's License w/photo or other valid photo ID may provide proof of citizenship and residence and apply for a free photo ID in the city or county where the person resides.

All U.S. citizens who are not felons and who are sufficiently mentally competent to register to vote via their own intentional effort should go to the city or county clerk's office where they reside and:
1. Provide certified photo ID, proof of citizenship, proof of home residency, proof of age.
2. Anyone who moves out of his/her precinct must re-register in order to be allowed to vote.
3. Voter registration must be done 2 to 6 weeks prior to the election so that the person can be added to the official voter rolls.
4. Any person not voting in either the primary or general election in any given election year will be dropped from the voter rolls and must re-register to vote.
5. Some provision will be made for those who otherwise qualify but cannot physically go to the city or county clerk's office to register but the registration must be taken by a person with the city or county clerk's office.
5. Anyone falsifying his/her voter registration or knowingly accepting or creating fake registrations is subject to prosecution for a felony offense and, if convicted, will be subject to fine and/or imprisonment.

ELECTIONS:
1. All persons physically able must go to the polls in their assigned precinct personally and present positive certified photo ID and certify under oath that they live at the address shown on their voter registration. Early voting if allowed in any state may not exceed ten days prior to election day and must include all safeguards in place on election day.
2. Those who must or need to vote absentee will apply for an absentee ballot with a signed and notarized application.
3. The completed absentee ballot must be delivered to the precinct polling location no later than the close of the polls on election day. No ballots will be accepted from any source after the polls close. Every absentee ballot should be able to be matched with a notarized application for the ballot. No person having been issued an absentee ballot may vote by any means other than that absentee ballot.
4. Anyone voting in somebody else's name or hindering the timely delivery of absentee ballots to the polling place or discouraging or hindering people's ability to get to the polls will be subject to prosecution for a felony with penalties fines and/or imprisonment.
5. Only properly registered persons living within the United States and/or its territories are eligible to vote.

COUNTING THE VOTE:
1. All interested parties must be allowed to have representatives present and able to observe the counting process. Those representatives must be allowed to remain until the counting is completed and will be given a certified document verifying what the final count is.
2. All ballots will be via paper ballots and hand counted. Counting will continue without interruption, even if people have to be replaced, until all ballots are counted and the results provided to the city or county officials as well as to the poll watchers.

Recognizing that for every rule, there can be necessary exceptions for truly valid reasons such as natural disasters or whatever, the above should insure that never again will any person have to wonder whether an election was stolen.

Really, there'll be cheating as long as people think it's worth it. With Proportional Representation it's much, MUCH harder to gain any advantage by cheating. That's the best bet.

Decades ago there was cheating and hanky panky in elections, but never did we have an electorate as suspicious and convinced of malfeasance or as fearful that elections can be stolen as we have now. Without faith that elections are fair and honest, it is unlikely that our constitutional republic will survive.

So I propose what I believe is a system/policy that, if implemented, will ensure roughly 99.9% honest and fair elections. Do you agree? If not please state your reason why it would be bad policy.

PHOTO ID:
Any person who is unable to secure a certified Driver's License w/photo or other valid photo ID may provide proof of citizenship and residence and apply for a free photo ID in the city or county where the person resides.

All U.S. citizens who are not felons and who are sufficiently mentally competent to register to vote via their own intentional effort should go to the city or county clerk's office where they reside and:
1. Provide certified photo ID, proof of citizenship, proof of home residency, proof of age.
2. Anyone who moves out of his/her precinct must re-register in order to be allowed to vote.
3. Voter registration must be done 2 to 6 weeks prior to the election so that the person can be added to the official voter rolls.
4. Any person not voting in either the primary or general election in any given election year will be dropped from the voter rolls and must re-register to vote.
5. Some provision will be made for those who otherwise qualify but cannot physically go to the city or county clerk's office to register but the registration must be taken by a person with the city or county clerk's office.
5. Anyone falsifying his/her voter registration or knowingly accepting or creating fake registrations is subject to prosecution for a felony offense and, if convicted, will be subject to fine and/or imprisonment.

ELECTIONS:
1. All persons physically able must go to the polls in their assigned precinct personally and present positive certified photo ID and certify under oath that they live at the address shown on their voter registration. Early voting if allowed in any state may not exceed ten days prior to election day and must include all safeguards in place on election day.
2. Those who must or need to vote absentee will apply for an absentee ballot with a signed and notarized application.
3. The completed absentee ballot must be delivered to the precinct polling location no later than the close of the polls on election day. No ballots will be accepted from any source after the polls close. Every absentee ballot should be able to be matched with a notarized application for the ballot. No person having been issued an absentee ballot may vote by any means other than that absentee ballot.
4. Anyone voting in somebody else's name or hindering the timely delivery of absentee ballots to the polling place or discouraging or hindering people's ability to get to the polls will be subject to prosecution for a felony with penalties fines and/or imprisonment.
5. Only properly registered persons living within the United States and/or its territories are eligible to vote.

COUNTING THE VOTE:
1. All interested parties must be allowed to have representatives present and able to observe the counting process. Those representatives must be allowed to remain until the counting is completed and will be given a certified document verifying what the final count is.
2. All ballots will be via paper ballots and hand counted. Counting will continue without interruption, even if people have to be replaced, until all ballots are counted and the results provided to the city or county officials as well as to the poll watchers.

Recognizing that for every rule, there can be necessary exceptions for truly valid reasons such as natural disasters or whatever, the above should insure that never again will any person have to wonder whether an election was stolen.
Absolutely Fabulous! No, I'm not gay.

And computers can count more accurately than humans. No evidence supporting any of Mike Lindell's or Sydney Powell's accusations of voting machine fraud has EVER been presented to a court of law.
That's because no evidence of that type was ever allowed to be presented to a court of law. You think on that a minute, oh ye of pointy head.

For many years every state purged voters off the voting rolls after every general election. Nobody was disenfranchised. You knew if you didn't vote in either the primary or general election you had to re-register to vote. It was actually a powerful incentive to make sure you did vote in one or the other or both. The reason to limit early voting is so that registration rolls won't have to be closed and finalized too early. People who can't find time or motivation to vote sometime during the week probably aren't the type we want to be voting anyway. And it would make the need for a paid holiday, a further burden on small businesses, unnecessary.

This is a very good thread, but why did you have to post this lie? I have been a registered voter for over 40 years and I have NEVER had to reregister, nor did my parents who voted from WWII onward until they were deceased, and I am pretty sure the Democrats had them voting in every election since!

I did report it. I have witnessed where a 'misplaced' ballot box was amazingly found just in time to reverse the vote in a close election and in that particular state that is not an uncommon occurrence. I have twice observed when people signing in at the poll reported that somebody recently deceased was signed in ahead of them. That state does not require Voter ID/Photo ID. Working at the polls I have handed ballots to people I just had a gut feeling were not who they claimed to be, but we were not allowed to ask for ID.
Not allowed to ask for ID? I have to show my ID to vote! What state is that?

Forum List

Back