Pocahontas: "there is nobody in America who got rich on his own. NOBODY!"...Um, your opponent Trump!

Before today’s $2 billion announcement, the highest-profile charitable donation made by Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos was a $33 million gift in early 2018 to help give college scholarships to undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — a.k.a. Dreamers.

Bezos also recently gave $10 million to the With Honor fund, a nonpartisan political committee that helps elect military veterans of all political backgrounds to Congress.

Jeff Bezos Is Making His Biggest Charitable Donation Ever. See the $2 Billion Details

What did Jeff Bezos give to charity last year, $50?
Gee, if only people spent 10 seconds googling instead of making shit up.

Jeff Bezos Is Making His Biggest Charitable Donation Ever. See the $2 Billion Details

Bezos, the reigning world’s richest man, released a statement on Twitter on Thursday explaining that he and his wife MacKenzie were committing $2 billion to launch a new initiative called the Bezos Day One Fund.

The charitable fund will “focus on two areas,” Bezos explained: “funding existing non-profits that help homeless families, and creating a network of new, non-profit, tier-one pre-schools in low-income communities.”

How generous of him to donate 5 minutes of income since the inception of Amazon. For real. $2B is a drop in the bucket compared to his overall net worth and doesn't even begin to compare to the money given by philanthropists of old and thus my point stands
Name me a billionaire who actually gives charity to poor Americans...doesn’t exist.
They all have bullshit foundations that wind up in an African or Indian bank.

The true irony is that our country became the most powerful country in the world not by government fiat but through philanthropy. Our libraries, and Universities, and yes even our early forms of welfare were all given through private money from very rich individuals. Not government funding.

Look around today and see that the very richest people in this country are mostly Democrats and they don't spend shit on charity compared to what the old Robber Barons used to.

Jeff Bezos is no John D Rockefeller, that's for sure
Our early forms of welfare and our public schools were always paid for with local taxes. Always, from back when we were colonials. I've read a bunch of Town Meeting Minutes from the 1760's and on, and they were reimbursing the family taking care of the orphan and paying the doctor for the old guy too sick to care for himself and delivering firewood to the widow with a mess of kids. From taxes. They were also collecting taxes to extend and maintain the roads, and people could work off that part of their tax by working on the road for a certain number of days. And the schools were also organized and funded by the town's taxes.
I'm sure wealthy philanthropists began a great deal of very good institutions, too. But on the ground, communities have always pooled together and chipped in with TAXES in order to pay for what a Town must do.
While wealthy people did distribute some of their wealth to the poor, it was not nearly enough. Not even close. Economic downturns like the Long Depression and the Great Depression showed just how much of a shortfall there was.

This image of wealthy people creating a safety net for the poor in days gone by is a hoax.

Government fills the big gaps.

However, the best social safety net of all is a booming economy. Unfortunately, our country has become far too dependent on government for its survival, and this has created a snake-swallowing-its-tail effect. Our government spends more and more, and creates bigger and bigger debt, which then drags our economy down.

Trump has not stopped this trend. In fact, he has accelerated it. He has submitted a budget which is one trillion dollars bigger than Obama's worst year of spending.

Anyone who claims the Republican party is the party of small government is either a retard or a liar, or both.

We are a nation of "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

In fact, that should be Warren's campaign slogan.

QUOTE="Pilot1, post: 21507121, member: 70433"]Who pays for government Senator Warren? Does government generate its own wealth, or do us taxpayers (individuals, and private corporations) fund government? Yes, we DID BUILD THAT!!!

We don't have to "pay it forward" because WE ALREADY PAID FOR IT YOU DUMB *SS!!!

You are rich Senator. Give back all the money you "earned" other than your salary while in public office, then we can talk.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

Warren is just another despicable demagogue.
She knows that the Democrat Voters believe that they are poor and miserable because the eeeevil Rich people stole all of their money.

Shouldn't Warren donate all of her $millions$ to poor Democrat Voters to prove that she is sincere.

Man, she must live in a small world. A very small world.
she represents the stupid fkd crowd, the stupid fk crowd, the stupid fk crowd, and as a represent for the stupid fk crowd, she welcomes you to fked up land.

Here's the GIANT hole in Warren's argument.

A rich guy pays a million dollars in taxes each year.

A low income person pays zero in taxes. In many cases, the low income person RECEIVES money from the government.

A middle income person pays 8 thousand in taxes each year.

A bridge gets built.

Warren comes along and tells the rich guy, "You didn't build that! The taxpayers did!"

Elizabeth Warren - Wikiquote

There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody! You built a factory out there? Good for you, but I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate.

You didn't build that. "You didn't build that" is a phrase from an2012 election campaign speech delivered by former United States President Barack Obama on July 13, 2012, in Roanoke, Virginia.
You didn't build that - Wikipedia

The true irony is that our country became the most powerful country in the world not by government fiat but through philanthropy. Our libraries, and Universities, and yes even our early forms of welfare were all given through private money from very rich individuals. Not government funding.

Look around today and see that the very richest people in this country are mostly Democrats and they don't spend shit on charity compared to what the old Robber Barons used to.

Our early forms of welfare and our public schools were always paid for with local taxes. Always, from back when we were colonials. I've read a bunch of Town Meeting Minutes from the 1760's and on, and they were reimbursing the family taking care of the orphan and paying the doctor for the old guy too sick to care for himself and delivering firewood to the widow with a mess of kids. From taxes. They were also collecting taxes to extend and maintain the roads, and people could work off that part of their tax by working on the road for a certain number of days. And the schools were also organized and funded by the town's taxes.
I'm sure wealthy philanthropists began a great deal of very good institutions, too. But on the ground, communities have always pooled together and chipped in with TAXES in order to pay for what a Town must do.
While wealthy people did distribute some of their wealth to the poor, it was not nearly enough. Not even close. Economic downturns like the Long Depression and the Great Depression showed just how much of a shortfall there was.

This image of wealthy people creating a safety net for the poor in days gone by is a hoax.

However, the best social safety net of all is a booming economy. Unfortunately, our country has become far too dependent on government for its survival, and this has created a snake-swallowing-its-tail effect. Our government spends more and more, and creates bigger and bigger debt, which then drags our economy down.

Trump has not stopped this trend. In fact, he has accelerated it. He has submitted a budget which is one trillion dollars bigger than Obama's worst year of spending.

Anyone who claims the Republican party is the party of small government is either a retard or a liar, or both.

We are a nation of "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We have a booming economy now, according to the news. Why are there more homeless than ever, and why is our infant mortality rate rising and why are one in five children in this country food insecure?
I don't know, G, a booming economy just doesn't seem to be enough. It never really was, I don't think--we just used to be better at ignoring the poor.

We have a booming economy now, according to the news. Why are there more homeless than ever, and why is our infant mortality rate rising and why are one in five children in this country food insecure?
I don't know, G, a booming economy just doesn't seem to be enough. It never really was, I don't think--we just used to be better at ignoring the poor.

uhm don't know , how about broke ass illegal Mexican's?

And dumbass liberals?

What did Jeff Bezos give to charity last year, $50?
Gee, if only people spent 10 seconds googling instead of making shit up.

Bezos, the reigning world’s richest man, released a statement on Twitter on Thursday explaining that he and his wife MacKenzie were committing $2 billion to launch a new initiative called the Bezos Day One Fund.

The charitable fund will “focus on two areas,” Bezos explained: “funding existing non-profits that help homeless families, and creating a network of new, non-profit, tier-one pre-schools in low-income communities.”

How generous of him to donate 5 minutes of income since the inception of Amazon. For real. $2B is a drop in the bucket compared to his overall net worth and doesn't even begin to compare to the money given by philanthropists of old and thus my point stands
Name me a billionaire who actually gives charity to poor Americans...doesn’t exist.
They all have bullshit foundations that wind up in an African or Indian bank.

Yes, I'm fully against those foundations as well. I don't care if it's Trump or Bezos, or Gates, or Clinton. They are a bullshit tax shelter and do not benefit Americans at all.

I know I would have never made my fortune by myself it takes people to help you out. It’s like building a house you don’t do it by yourself.

Here's the GIANT hole in Warren's argument.

A rich guy pays a million dollars in taxes each year.

A low income person pays zero in taxes. In many cases, the low income person RECEIVES money from the government.

A middle income person pays 8 thousand in taxes each year.

A bridge gets built.

Warren comes along and tells the rich guy, "You didn't build that! The taxpayers did!"

Exactly correct.

The top 10% of earners pay 90% of income tax. What exactly is their fair share?

The statement in the meme is not any statement from Mrs. Warren, it is from former president Oblama.

You liar Obama parroted her

She said it first

I remember when she said it because I was pissed

Drunk or just mad?

So you don't know now 2012 comes after 2011?

Let me guess you are college educated

Elizabeth Warren - Wikiquote

There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody! You built a factory out there? Good for you, but I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate.

You didn't build that. "You didn't build that" is a phrase from an2012 election campaign speech delivered by former United States President Barack Obama on July 13, 2012, in Roanoke, Virginia.
You didn't build that - Wikipedia

The statement in the meme is not any statement from Mrs. Warren, it is from former president Oblama.

You liar Obama parroted her

She said it first

I remember when she said it because I was pissed

Drunk or just mad?

So I proved you lied once again..
I suppose in yer mind it is but you need time stamps on the quotes, because I have so much to gain from nothing I lie, well mostly sit but ...

Not only do we pay Fed, State, and Local INCOME TAX to fund things, we pay a gasoline tax for roads and bridges which these state legislatures steal for other stuff, then confiscate yet more for, you got it, roads and bridges.

Then in addition to all the other taxes we have to pay the government RENT on our "owned" properties in the form of annual Real Estate, and Property Taxes. Often, depending on location, these taxes can be the equivalent, or actually more than a sizable mortgage payment per month or large rental payment.

So not only do we pay for the infrastructure through our taxes, but pay continually even on things we supposedly "OWN".

This crap has GOT TO STOP. Government on ever level needs to reign in spending. We are not a limitless, bottomless MONEY TROUGH!

Forum List

Back