Polar Bear Hunting

He made it pretty clear that he was elected president of all Americans, not just black Americans.

So you're saying that Obama has done everything he can to improve/heal race relations in America? Is that your position?

So you are saying "I will put words in another's mouth that he did not say" because that person just made me look very shallow.

Is that your position?

I asked a question, I didn't put words in your mouth. But I'll be happy to rephrase so that I can get a straight answer:

Do you feel that Obama has done everything he can to improve/heal race relations in America?

Are you satisfied with his efforts?

Is it your opinion that the fact that "he made it pretty clear that he was elected president of all Americans, not just black Americans" is enough to improve/heal race relations?

Last edited:
No and no and no. But I believe it is a start, and I believe he has done far more for all Americans racially than everybody since Reagan lumped together.

See what you can get when you play nicely.

Originally we blacks were the victims to this idiocy but now it seems were doing it now. We must stop this. This kind of behavior makes me ashamed to be black.

Malik,

I applaud your post. A voice of reason when crazy events stir emotions raw. I was about to post something snarky like "this won't catch on in Texas". When I read your post, it yanked me right out of the us-vs.-them mode and back to being an American. Thank you. Your dignity shows you're a better man than I.

Don't be ashamed of being black. Be proud to be an American. Americans will have to work together to stop this type of insanity. Your reasonable post shows how to keep communications lines open versus going to our respective corners and waiting for the bell.

You taught me to be a better man today. Thanks.

Last edited:
He made it pretty clear that he was elected president of all Americans, not just black Americans.

Be honest he says a lot of things during the election that he had no intention of keeping post election. He is definitely NOT the president of Black America! Black America has done substantially WORSE under him and he is definitely not the President of white America.

He is the President of LIBERAL America! That is who he serves and that is the only group he truly cares for!

I agree with Malik.

I thought about this over the weekend, when I was shopping downtown with the family around the Watertown Plaza. African Americans were all over the place and many with the so-called 'thug look.' No where did I feel afraid or uncomfortable. At a stop light a black lady was looking over a laughing at my youngest daughter (a little over 1), whose was laughing and smiling at her and she commented how cute. I went to the bathroom at near a restaurant called Food-Life and my son and I went to urinals between a huge black guy and his son. Nothing felt unconfortable.

When it comes down to it, I believe this is media sensationalize over a few isolated incidents. I still would be afraid to be white (and even black) in many areas of Chicago though!

I guess it is the black equivalent to the white phenomenon of going '****** knocking' in the old days in southern and Midwestern communities.

This is "whatabouterry" which tries to make some terrible black action just fine because whites supposedly used to do it a long time ago.

News flash: it doesn't make it all right.

Be honest he says a lot of things during the election that he had no intention of keeping post election. He is definitely NOT the president of Black America! Black America has done substantially WORSE under him and he is definitely not the President of white America.

He is the President of LIBERAL America! That is who he serves and that is the only group he truly cares for!

BHO is your president, my president, president of white and black America.

Your disavowal means nothing

I guess it is the black equivalent to the white phenomenon of going '****** knocking' in the old days in southern and Midwestern communities.

News flash: it doesn't make it all right.

What a silly, foolish comment. Of course it is not all right. It does reflect continuing racial stupidity in American history.

You need to grow up.

I never stated he wasn't my President and I prefer him over many many leaders around the globe. However, I do not think he represses my interest and I believe his vision for the country is flawed to the core!

He's not my president.

I agree with Henry David Thoreau: you cannot make me a member of a group I have not agreed to join.

The worship-Obama group is one I definitely don't agree to belong to.

This character can go be president of whatever on his own time; I take no interest in him or his.

He's not my president.

I agree with Henry David Thoreau: you cannot make me a member of a group I have not agreed to join.

The worship-Obama group is one I definitely don't agree to belong to.

This character can go be president of whatever on his own time; I take no interest in him or his.

Your disavowal, like Thoreau's, remains meaningless.

Forum List

Back